JASON PURACAL FREED !!!!!!

JASON PURACAL FREED !!!!!!

Postby Sarah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:22 pm

JASON PURACAL HAS BEEN FREED !!!!! :yay:

FANTASTIC NEWS FOR JASON, HIS FAMILY AND ALL HIS SUPPORTERS !!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM JASON PURACAL! JANIS AND JAIME PURACAL, DAVID HOUSE AGENCY, ERIC VOLZ, NICOLE DELGER, AND EVERYONE ELSE. WELL DONE !!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE INJUSTICE ANYWHERE MEMBERS WHO HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING JASON PURACAL !!!! SUCH A HAPPY OUTCOME ! JASON IS COMING HOME !!!!!
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: JASON PURACAL FREED !!!!!!

Postby Sarah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Appeal panel orders release of UW grad Jason Puracal
http://mynorthwest.com/11/736596/Senten ... on-Puracal

Lawyer says US citizen Jason Puracal win appeal, being freed after 2 years in Nicaraguan jail
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the ... story.html
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 pm

I just saw the news.

::Grin::
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby Malkmus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Great news!
Malkmus

Postby Bill Williams » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

:clap:
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Teddy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 pm

What great news to start the day! FANTASTIC!
Amanda Knox: "According to Mignini, we found Meredith at the villa and said, Hey, that stupid bitch. Let’s show Meredith. Let’s get her to play a sex game. I was horrified. Who thinks like that?".... indeed, who thinks like that?
Teddy

Postby schmidt53 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 pm

:worthy:
schmidt53

Postby geebee2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:02 am

Superb, fantastic... I still don't know what to say...

This is the first major success I can recall while I have been following IA ( I arrived here shortly after Amanda was released ).

It's a very strange feeling, it brings into focus that we are talking about real people.
geebee2

Postby Grayhawker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks to the powers above.
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby LarryK » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 am

Wonderful!!!!! I wish the best for the whole family now.
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Clive Wismayer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 am

Congratulations to everyone here at IA who contributed to this in whatever form.
Sample 36B: not blood, not human and not a sample (no cytology!!). Sample 36I: Amanda's LCN profile, ergo the knife is the murder weapon. :boggled:
When do we get the fibre analysis results?
Clive Wismayer

Postby roteoctober » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 am

A fantastic way to begin the day!

A toast to Jason and a congratulation to all those who have contributed.

A great satisfaction for all IA members too.
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby Norm51 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 am

It's just fantastic when something good finally happens. I hope he gets to quickly come home - get some good food and medical attention - and get on with his life. What a fantastic supporting loving family. That is so key to a positive outcome. His sister Janis for one took it on full time. Way to go everyone. Such a great thing to hear.
Norm51

Postby AnimalFriendly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 am

May I add my congratulations both to Jason and everyone here who contributed in any way! Great news!!! :clap:
AnimalFriendly

Postby Jstanz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 am

So very, very happy for Jason!!!
All my grammar and spelling mistakes are the result of auto-correct. If auto-correct is not used here, I still blame it.
Jstanz

Postby Bill Williams » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:05 pm

I don't want to be a killjoy, but he's not out of jail yet, and acc. to his family is currently in solitary confinement and might not even know he's officially released.... there seems to be a step in here belonging to Nicaragua's Interior Ministry....

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/world/Family+anxiously+waiting+citizen+Jason+Puracals+release+from/7237002/story.html
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Bill Williams wrote:I don't want to be a killjoy, but he's not out of jail yet, and acc. to his family is currently in solitary confinement and might not even know he's officially released.... there seems to be a step in here belonging to Nicaragua's Interior Ministry....

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/world/Family+anxiously+waiting+citizen+Jason+Puracals+release+from/7237002/story.html

Like the family says, the fight isn't over until Jason walks out of that prison. It looks like it's all about paperwork at this point. Solitary is probably the safest place for Jason to be until this is wrapped up. Cannot imagine the frustration and anxiety the family must be experiencing as they wait.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Grayhawker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Bill Williams wrote:I don't want to be a killjoy, but he's not out of jail yet, and acc. to his family is currently in solitary confinement and might not even know he's officially released.... there seems to be a step in here belonging to Nicaragua's Interior Ministry....

Javier Morazan, chief of organized crime prosecutors, told The Associated Press on Thursday that they also had received a notification but had yet to find details on why the charges against Puracal and 10 other defendants in the case were vacated.

"We are going to study this case and then decide what steps we will take," Morazan said.
Hmmmmmm
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 pm

"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Dougm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

When you berate someone and push them and confuse them and lie to them and convince them that they're wrong you're not finding the truth.

Amanda Knox
Dougm

Postby Bill Williams » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Praise be..................
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Grayhawker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

I can let that breath go now! What a roller coaster the last few days must have been for teh Puracal family.

This is good.
Grayhawker

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am

This is not over yet......

Jason Puracal prohibited from leaving Nicaragua
http://www.973kiro.com/11/737314/Jason-Puracal-prohibited-from-leaving-Nicaragua

The Nicaraguan prison received Puracal's release order Thursday morning and acted on it late in the afternoon. However, Eric Volz, managing director of the David House Agency, said in a statement that Puracal was on orders not to leave Nicaragua.

"Despite the fact that Jason was released from prison this afternoon, authorities did not allow him to leave Nicaraguan territory. He is currently in a safe and undisclosed location and we are unable to predict when he will leave Nicaragua. He is in frequent contact with his family."
A source close to the case told KIRO FM they were concerned about reports from Reuters that the Nicaraguan government may rearrest Puracal and appeal the appellate court's decision.
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby roteoctober » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Where is the CIA when you need them the most?

I think the correct term for the job should be "exfiltration": come on Mr. Obama, it would a bonus for the oncoming Presidential Election!
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Apparently Jason is now out of Nicaragua and at an undisclosed location.

Wheels up!
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Bill Williams wrote:Apparently Jason is now out of Nicaragua and at an undisclosed location.

Wheels up!

http://freejasonp.com/

Jason is Free

Jason is free and out of Nicaragua. He is in a safe and undisclosed location. For media requests ONLY, please contact pr@davidhouseagency.com. All other messages for Jason, his family or The David House Agency can be sent to FreeJasonP@gmail.com.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby LarryK » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 am

I hope he is or will soon be reunited with his wife and child. Anyone know anything about that?
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Sarah » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:14 am

"We can be proud that our system, our elected and appointed officials, our media and our businesses, all worked together on Jason Puracal’s behalf. It was a noble cause, and its conclusion was also a welcome comparison to Amanda Knox’ four year ordeal in an Italian prison which also ended with her release, in 2011, following an appeals court’s decision. And it is with that same sense of relief, satisfaction and joy that we express our best wishes to Puracal and his family following his release. Hurry home, Jason."

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/bluebyli ... n-puracal/
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Bill Williams » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am

Sarah wrote:"We can be proud that our system, our elected and appointed officials, our media and our businesses, all worked together on Jason Puracal’s behalf. It was a noble cause, and its conclusion was also a welcome comparison to Amanda Knox’ four year ordeal in an Italian prison which also ended with her release, in 2011, following an appeals court’s decision. And it is with that same sense of relief, satisfaction and joy that we express our best wishes to Puracal and his family following his release. Hurry home, Jason."

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/bluebyli ... n-puracal/

No doubt some are going to say that Jason was released only because of a powerful American PR campaign that forced the hand of the Nicaraguans.

Ya, like Nicaragua has a track record, since the Sandanistas, of cow-towing to Washington!!!

Please note, I am not an American... I live 17 blocks north of the 49th parallel, and quite enjoy it on this side of that line. So please don't think I am inherently biased to all things "Yankee."

As a somewhat neutral observer, though, not rooting for the "home team" with either of Knox's or Puracal's very just release from foreign jails, it is stunning to see some conspiratorialize this.... at least, so far, about Sollecito and Knox. I suppose the conspiratorializing of Puracal's release is coming - esp. when that "evil tyrant" Bruce Fisher is seen as supporting the release.

We all know that it is Sarah who's the actual power here, and Bruce is just her sock puppet.

Ok, enough of silliness. I've now officially read too many comments on those pages where Raffaele's book is reviewed. You wouldn't think that 5 years ago there was an ugly murder of a precious soul - reading those comments you'd think that what was at issue was cartwheels and who was sleeping with who. The commentators are the first one's losing sight of Meredith Kercher.

Ok, rant mode off. I look at how Americans have been vocal about Knox and Puracal, and compare that with how Canadians have been relatively silent about Cyndy Vanier's plight.

"O Canada, our home and shameful land,
True patriot love, is found in Yankee-land
With glowing hearts we ignore our own
While Canadians rot in jail
You'd think we'd never had a voice
A consulate in Mexico!
God keep our land
from ignoring ours in the can
O Canada we stand on guard for none
O Canada we stand on guard for none."
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby couldbeher » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Bill, the problem with you Canadians is you're just too polite. It's like you're trying to be the opposite of us impossible Americans. Take some of that aggressiveness you channel into hockey, add a dab of French Canadian bitchiness, and put it to your foreign relations. :devil:
couldbeher

Postby Bill Williams » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm

couldbeher wrote:Bill, the problem with you Canadians is you're just too polite. It's like you're trying to be the opposite of us impossible Americans. Take some of that aggressiveness you channel into hockey, add a dab of French Canadian bitchiness, and put it to your foreign relations. :devil:

As Robin Williams said, Canadians are that nice old couple living over a biker's bar.

Canada has the largest English population never to have lost a war, and the largest French population never to have surrendered to Germany. We may be polite, but the soldiers that come out of this country are silent, quiet and very dangerous. (What do you expect from a soldier wearing a kilt when it's -40 C/F!)
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Norm51 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 pm

I just wish the powers that focused on getting Jason free from an obvious wrongful conviction would turn that same focus on Kirstin Lobato and others. Still – it’s sure nice to see him home. One day (case) at a time. Today – it’s time to celebrate Jason being home with his family. Yayyyy
Norm51

Postby MichaelB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 am

The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby Norm51 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Jason in Seattle! Anyone get to go there give him my regards - Norm from Canada

Jason has been anxiously awaiting his first opportunity to personally thank all of you who fought alongside him for the past two years. Please join us for Jason's first public appearance this Friday, September 21:

DATE: September 21, 2012
TIME: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
School of Law
133 William H. Gates Hall
Seattle, WA 98195
Norm51

Postby MichaelB » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 pm

MichaelB

Postby Norm51 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks for those links MichaelB. This is why we are here. Now we need to keep up theh pressure for the sake of others. Jason himself wishes to some day help the others he knows shared his plight. Thanks to Sarah and Bruce for keeping this site up and meaningful. Thanks to many many more.
Norm51

Postby Bill Williams » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 am

Here it is the end of October, and Jason Puracal will never complain about Seattle's rain again!

Yet, acc. to Jason, the Nicaraguan prosecutor in his case, is now appealing his release from jail.

See Jason's piece: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-puracal/jason-puracal-nicaragua-prison_b_2003902.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Jason wrote:The Nicaraguan prosecution continues to defy all logic and has appealed my release. They are insisting that I am guilty of crimes I did not commit even though they do not have one piece of evidence against me. For the charge of drug trafficking, there is not even one gram of drugs in the entire case. For the charge of money laundering, the police expert financial witness testified on the stand that there were absolutely no money transactions between myself or my company and the other ten accused in the case. He also testified that of the 295 copies of deeds that were found in my real estate office, none were in my name, my company's name, nor in the names of the other 10 accused in the case. And for the charge of organized crime, not one material witness, video, photo, or phone call was presented to say that I had anything to do with the others accused.

Sadly, my experience isn't unique. There are thousands of Americans jailed abroad, the majority are in Latin America. Others such as Eric Volz, Alan Gross, and Jacob Ostreicher have also faced similar issues. The need for legal reform and protections for people like me has never been greater. The United Nations and the U.S. government need to do more to pressure the Nicaraguan government and other Latin American governments to reform their judicial process.

Unfortunately, change from within is not working.
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby LarryK » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 am

LarryK

Postby geebee2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Its- ... 15131.html

For a look back at everything that was done, see viewforum.php?f=98
geebee2

Return to Jason Puracal Case