Last minute replacement?

Last minute replacement?

Postby Hans » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:43 pm

This should put another myth to rest, I wonder how this went unnoticed: :Asche auf mein Haupt:
Giornale dell'Umbria, July 14th, 2014:
«Processo Mez? Potevo farlo, ma non mi pento di aver scelto i Minori»
This is the last question of the interview:
Visto che parliamo di cronaca nera, Lei è stato indicato come presidente della Corte d'assise d'appello per il processo Knox-Sollecito. Poi è arrivata la nomina al Tribunale dei minori. Dispiaciuto?

«Non posso nascondere che mi sarebbe piaciuto presiedere, e avrei anche potuto in quanto la nomina ai Minori è arrivata in seguito alla designazione alla Corte d'assise e quindi avrei potuto presiedere in qualità di applicato. Comunque, penso che sia stato meglio accettare l'incarico ai minori, perché spero di aver fatto del bene».

Google translation: wrote:Headline:"Process Mez? I could do it, but I do not regret choosing Minors »

We are talking about crime, you have been referred to as the President of the Assize Court of Appeals for the Knox-Sollecito trial. Then came the appointment to the Juvenile Court. Sorry?

"I can not hide that I would like to preside over, and I could have as the appointment to the Minor came as a result of the appointment to the Court of Assizes and then I could preside as applied. However, I think it was better to accept the assignment to the minors, because I hope I did good. "

So the myth that judge Matteini Chiari was somehow replaced against his will and quit his job in anger about this is now officially "BUSTED!".

I'm almost sorry for Bill who keeps on teasing Machiavelli about this de Nunzio thing on JREF/ISF. ::Cheers::

ETA: According to this one:
Caso Mez, Matteini presidente della Corte judge Matteini Chiari was only suggested to preside over the Knox/Sollecito appeal, not assigned, before he chose to take the assignment of President of the juvenile section...
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Re: Last minute replacement?

Postby pmop57 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Hans wrote:This should put another myth to rest, I wonder how this went unnoticed: :Asche auf mein Haupt:
Visto che parliamo di cronaca nera, Lei è stato indicato come presidente della Corte d'assise d'appello per il processo Knox-Sollecito. Poi è arrivata la nomina al Tribunale dei minori. Dispiaciuto?

«Non posso nascondere che mi sarebbe piaciuto presiedere, e avrei anche potuto in quanto la nomina ai Minori è arrivata in seguito alla designazione alla Corte d'assise e quindi avrei potuto presiedere in qualità di applicato. Comunque, penso che sia stato meglio accettare l'incarico ai minori, perché spero di aver fatto del bene».

Google translation: wrote:Headline:"Process Mez? I could do it, but I do not regret choosing Minors »

We are talking about crime, you have been referred to as the President of the Assize Court of Appeals for the Knox-Sollecito trial. Then came the appointment to the Juvenile Court. Sorry?

"I can not hide that I would like to preside over, and I could have as the appointment to the Minor came as a result of the appointment to the Court of Assizes and then I could preside as applied. However, I think it was better to accept the assignment to the minors, because I hope I did good. "

So the myth that judge Matteini Chiari was somehow replaced against his will and quit his job in anger about this is now officially "BUSTED!".

I'm almost sorry for Bill who keeps on teasing Machiavelli about this de Nunzio thing on JREF/ISF. ::Cheers::

Caso Mez, Matteini presidente della Corte judge Matteini Chiari was only suggested to preside over the Knox/Sollecito appeal, not assigned, before he chose to take the assignment of President of the juvenile section...

But this is also important because it blows up the entire absurdity of Hellmann being part of a paid conspiracy against the Perugia Prosecutors and Judges as proclaimed by the "nuts" and Machiavelli, the not trustworthy intellectual head of the nuts.
pmop57

Postby Hans » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 pm

pmop57 wrote:But this is also important because it blows up the entire absurdity of Hellmann being part of a paid conspiracy against the Perugia Prosecutors and Judges as proclaimed by the "nuts" and Machiavelli, the not trustworthy intellectual head of the nuts.

It is, actually Frank had a post on Perugia Shock about "The Judge suggested being assigned to the juvenile section" back then. It should have been a dead myth, but I like judge Matteini Chiari confirming it himself.
And on a sidenote TJMK is once again exposed as the liars they are, somehow finding this article made my day :devil:
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby pmop57 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Hans wrote:
pmop57 wrote:But this is also important because it blows up the entire absurdity of Hellmann being part of a paid conspiracy against the Perugia Prosecutors and Judges as proclaimed by the "nuts" and Machiavelli, the not trustworthy intellectual head of the nuts.

It is, actually Frank had a post on Perugia Shock about "The Judge suggested being assigned to the juvenile section" back then. It should have been a dead myth, but I like judge Matteini Chiari confirming it himself.
And on a sidenote TJMK is once again exposed as the liars they are, somehow finding this article made my day :devil:

I understand your feelings about another identified lie! I am sure there will be other in the futur! <Cheers>
pmop57

Postby Hans » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 pm

pmop57 wrote:I understand your feelings about another identified lie! I am sure there will be other in the futur! <Cheers>
::Cheers::
I think this is what the whole case is about. There are "talking points", like the one above, accepted by being repeated ad nauseam, and not questioned. The Daily Fail's "Wild and raunchy past of Foxy Knoxy" was based on the equivalent of a parking ticket, it didn't hinder the prosecution to offer the article as evidence in their appeal to remove Massei's mitigating circumstances...
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby Bill Williams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am

Hans wrote:This should put another myth to rest, I wonder how this went unnoticed: :Asche auf mein Haupt:

Only almost!?

To be fair, the offer of the Head of the Juvenile Division, could have been the "Machiavellian move" which De Nunzio pulled off. I'm not sure if this necessarily interrupts our own Machiavelli at all.

I think where I have gone wrong is trying to get Machiavelli to admit to himself committing a crime when he slags De Nunzio. The truth is more like that Machiavelli would be seen as a complete idiot not worth the attention.

Nice catch, though.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Hans » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Bill Williams wrote:Only almost!?

To be fair, the offer of the Head of the Juvenile Division, could have been the "Machiavellian move" which De Nunzio pulled off. I'm not sure if this necessarily interrupts our own Machiavelli at all.

I think where I have gone wrong is trying to get Machiavelli to admit to himself committing a crime when he slags De Nunzio. The truth is more like that Machiavelli would be seen as a complete idiot not worth the attention.

Nice catch, though.

Yes, only almost :winks: The debate on JREF/ISF sometimes really looks like a debate for the sake of the debate, with people trying to outsmart each other sometimes based only on their choice of words...

I don't think offering the President of the civil section of the appeals court the post of the president of the juvenile section of the court would be appealing to a career judge, but you're right it's unlikely that this little gem would stop Machiavelli.

The thing is that all the judges of the criminal section had already been involved in the case at one time or another.
So with no judges of the criminal section available, the persons who would be the most likely to choose were the presidents of the other sections: Matteini Chiari as head of the civil section and Hellmann as the president of the labour section, the juvenile section had no head at this time. It's interesting that the La Nazione article also names judge Zanetti as a likely second judge.
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby Hans » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Just for the record (I'm tying up a few loose ends):
Dott. Sergio Matteini Chiari - Curricilum Vitae
Can somebody please tell me, where in this document I can find the confirmation that Dr Matteini Chiari was indeed an "experienced criminal judge"? Or that he was as it was claimed in the now removed documents Pete posted on TJMK here even "il presidente della sezione penale"? :clue:
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Return to Italian News Articles / Zona Italofona