Russ Faria Case Discussion

Re: Russ Faria

Postby Justinian » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 am

Free Russ,

Around the time of the hit show '24' people were enamored with the idea that torture was a good interrogation technique. I remember a movie that suggested that torture led to the capture of Bin Laden. Recent investigations have debunked both. Torture only leads to the potential witness telling the interrogator what he wants to hear.

I'm not sure that lawyers and police are taught how to pick someone's brains for information. Even when the officer merely takes the statement of the witnesses, it gets extremely convoluted.

I had the 'good fortune' to be pepper sprayed, beaten up and falsely charged by the police once. I call it 'good fortune' because it was a tremendous educational experience for me. The four witnesses, me, and the police officer that sprayed me all had wildly different versions of the story as recorded in the police report. I was even a little confused over the order of events. Later studies and MRIs taken during questioning show why. People tend to store facts in their brain in a manner that is affected by stress.

The way to straighten this out is to list all the statements of each witness in a separate time lines. The time lines should then be compared side by side in a spread sheet (or paper). Then stuff just falls out.

In my case it was the wrist holding event that lined everything up. I had grabbed the wrist of the officer that was spraying me with pepper spray. The officer that sprayed me said the same thing. The other four witnesses said the officer grabbed my wrist (as opposed to my grabbing his wrist -- some type of confirmation bias there I assume). Anyway the 'wrist holding' event was in every one's version. That part of the story could be used to line up the other events. Consequently, I could use the eye-witness accounts to determine who started the violence. It turned out the policeman initiated the contact and the violence, therefore I wasn't guilty of A&B on a police officer. Supreme Court decisions give me the right to self defense when being sprayed with pepper spray, so I got off.

Police officers should act like therapists and just allow you to talk. They should not insert their own confirmation biases into your story. Moore and others have discussed the interrogation techniques on this site and on UTube videos. Tag team interrogations that go late into the night are designed to produce false confessions, not to elicit information.
Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don’t know and I don’t care. -- Jimmy Buffett
Anti-intellectualism is plausibly anger against those that undermine ones' biases.
Justinian

Postby jane » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:18 am

From the Defense Motion for Judgment of Acquittal or New Trial- filed December 2013

http://localtvktvi.files.wordpress.com/ ... 615560.pdf

p.7
.......Later, Ms. Hupp returned Ms. Faria to 120 Sumac in Troy, arriving at after 7:00 PM. At 7:04 PM Ms. Hupp called her husband, and Ms. Faria allegedly got on the line to wish Mr. Hupp a Merry Christmas. The night of December 27, 2011, Ms. Hupp told Ms. Faria’s mother that she dropped Ms. Faria off at home, but did not go into the house. On December 28, 2011, Ms. Hupp told police officers that she had not gone into the home, and then stated she had gone into the house, specifically, the living room and bed room. Ms. Hupp stated that she requested the Faria’s dog be put outside.
Ms. Hupp told the officers that when she left, Ms. Faria was curled up on the couch. She had subsequently amended that story, and stated that she last saw Ms. Faria waving from the front door. Ms. Hupp, again, has never consistently said what time she left the 130 Sumac. She has stated that after arriving, she spent anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes in the home, e.g. leaving between 7:20 and 7:50.

At 7:27 PM she made a phone call to Ms. Faria’s cell phone. On December 28, 2011, Ms. Hupp told police officers that she had made the call when she was at her home or near her home in O’Fallon……….
Cellular records clearly indicated that when this call was made, Ms. Hupp’s cell phone was somewhere in the vicinity of the Faria household..

What was the real purpose of Pam Hupp's phone call to her husband at 7:04 p.m.? Her entire story is suspect.

Whitepages lists Pamela and Mark Hupp at an address in O'Fallon, Missouri. Has anyone checked criminal case indexes to see if either of them has a criminal record?
jane

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 am

jane wrote:From the Defense Motion for Judgment of Acquittal or New Trial- filed December 2013

p.7
.......Later, Ms. Hupp returned Ms. Faria to 120 Sumac in Troy, arriving at after 7:00 PM. At 7:04 PM Ms. Hupp called her husband, and Ms. Faria allegedly got on the line to wish Mr. Hupp a Merry Christmas. The night of December 27, 2011, Ms. Hupp told Ms. Faria’s mother that she dropped Ms. Faria off at home, but did not go into the house. On December 28, 2011, Ms. Hupp told police officers that she had not gone into the home, and then stated she had gone into the house, specifically, the living room and bed room. Ms. Hupp stated that she requested the Faria’s dog be put outside.
Ms. Hupp told the officers that when she left, Ms. Faria was curled up on the couch. She had subsequently amended that story, and stated that she last saw Ms. Faria waving from the front door. Ms. Hupp, again, has never consistently said what time she left the 130 Sumac. She has stated that after arriving, she spent anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes in the home, e.g. leaving between 7:20 and 7:50.

At 7:27 PM she made a phone call to Ms. Faria’s cell phone. On December 28, 2011, Ms. Hupp told police officers that she had made the call when she was at her home or near her home in O’Fallon……….
Cellular records clearly indicated that when this call was made, Ms. Hupp’s cell phone was somewhere in the vicinity of the Faria household..

What was the real purpose of Pam Hupp's phone call to her husband at 7:04 p.m.? Her entire story is suspect.

Whitepages lists Pamela and Mark Hupp at an address in O'Fallon, Missouri. Has anyone checked criminal case indexes to see if either of them has a criminal record?

Once again, confirmation bias is at work. If the police had jumped to the conclusion that Pam Hupp was involved then these inconsistencies would be touted as persuasive evidence of guilt. But because they jumped to the conclusion that Russ was the culprit, the inconsistencies are explained away as being unimportant. As I see more and more of these cases, the most important lesson for police and prosecutors is "Reserve judgment!" and wait until you collect all of the evidence before reaching a conclusion.
erasmus44

Postby Justinian » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:44 pm

More confirmation bias: The police officer told her to put the insurance money in a trust for the children otherwise it would look suspicious (according to the TV documentary). At the airing of the show, the money still hasn't gone to the children.
Anti-intellectualism is plausibly anger against those that undermine ones' biases.
Justinian

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Justinian wrote:More confirmation bias: The police officer told her to put the insurance money in a trust for the children otherwise it would look suspicious (according to the TV documentary). At the airing of the show, the money still hasn't gone to the children.

The police seemed to be concerned that she get her story straight and avoid any incriminating conduct. They were in essence acting as her "defense counsel" and they did a pretty good job of identifying aspects of her story and behavior which were incriminating. They never put it together, however, and thought it through; they never realized that, if there was a whole lot of incriminating stuff that had to be cleaned up, it just might be the case that she was guilty.
erasmus44

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Justinian wrote:Free Russ,

Around the time of the hit show '24' people were enamored with the idea that torture was a good interrogation technique. I remember a movie that suggested that torture led to the capture of Bin Laden. Recent investigations have debunked both. Torture only leads to the potential witness telling the interrogator what he wants to hear.

I'm not sure that lawyers and police are taught how to pick someone's brains for information. Even when the officer merely takes the statement of the witnesses, it gets extremely convoluted.

I had the 'good fortune' to be pepper sprayed, beaten up and falsely charged by the police once. I call it 'good fortune' because it was a tremendous educational experience for me. The four witnesses, me, and the police officer that sprayed me all had wildly different versions of the story as recorded in the police report. I was even a little confused over the order of events. Later studies and MRIs taken during questioning show why. People tend to store facts in their brain in a manner that is affected by stress.

The way to straighten this out is to list all the statements of each witness in a separate time lines. The time lines should then be compared side by side in a spread sheet (or paper). Then stuff just falls out.

In my case it was the wrist holding event that lined everything up. I had grabbed the wrist of the officer that was spraying me with pepper spray. The officer that sprayed me said the same thing. The other four witnesses said the officer grabbed my wrist (as opposed to my grabbing his wrist -- some type of confirmation bias there I assume). Anyway the 'wrist holding' event was in every one's version. That part of the story could be used to line up the other events. Consequently, I could use the eye-witness accounts to determine who started the violence. It turned out the policeman initiated the contact and the violence, therefore I wasn't guilty of A&B on a police officer. Supreme Court decisions give me the right to self defense when being sprayed with pepper spray, so I got off.

Police officers should act like therapists and just allow you to talk. They should not insert their own confirmation biases into your story. Moore and others have discussed the interrogation techniques on this site and on UTube videos. Tag team interrogations that go late into the night are designed to produce false confessions, not to elicit information.

In WW2, I have heard that the most effective interrogation was done by the German Air Force of the Allied pilots. Very low key, very much one pilot talking to another, no torture etc. It turned out to be more effective at developing accurate information (how far inland did the fighter cover go, what problems occurred at different altitudes, etc.). Of course, in the military the only important objective is to develop accurate information.
Unfortunately, in the criminal law process the pressure is to close cases and in many cases, as a result of confirmation bias, by the time of the questioning the objective to to get the suspect to state a version of the crime consistent with the investigator's preconceived notions. The Knox case is a perfect example - they thought Lumumba did it because of the text message so they got AK to sign a statement saying Lumumba did it. Mission accomplished.
In this case, they treated Hupp with kid gloves and still couldn't get a straight story out of her. But the power of confirmation bias was so strong that they just ignored the implications and didn't follow up.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Well, I wish they would have just treated us like normal people and simply questioned us without the BS, but it would have only gotten them the same response--the truth. It would have saved them a lot of time and effort to look into other things that's for sure.

Something happened today that was almost surreal--I was doing some work out on location of a pretty major customer of mine. This customer is a graphics and marketing company. I was installing large laser-cut acrylic lettering and a logo on an inner entry wall. A couple of people in there were chatting with me while I was working and one of them worked up the nerve to say that she'd seen me on Dateline and couldn't believe something like that could happen. I answered a few questions, all the while with my back to them while I installed a letter on the wall. As I descended the ladder to pick up another letter I saw that there were at least 15 people standing there behind me who were apparently listening in from their cubicles and decided to come hear what I had to say. Everybody wanted to know this and that about the case and some of them already knew an impressive amount of information concerning the whole thing. I got nothing done for the next 20 to 30 minutes and I was amazed at the amount of curiosity about this case. People really seem to care about Russ and what was done to him.

Another strange thing that happened the other day. The owner of another company that I do a lot of work for called the shop that I work at and wanted to talk to me about the Faria case for almost an hour! I'd not spoken to this man more than 5 minutes before since I usually dealt with his shop manager on all business related stuff. He asked a lot of questions and in very colorful terms he proceeded to tell me about how much of an injustice that this was and then commended me for standing up for what is right. He ended the call telling me that Russ could count on his support.

These are real people. Some of whom I deal with weekly and some of whom I barely even knew and they all feel the same about this mess as I do. I have to believe that this is indicative of the general feeling of most about this whole thing. I just hope that this means the appellate court will see the obvious flaws with the trial and give Russ a new trial...a fair trial. In all honestly, he should have never been charged because he was with 4 other people 30 miles away when this all had to have happened. Are alibi witnesses no longer valid at all? And if they said we did something nefarious why aren't they arresting us?

This is some system we've got...
Free Russ

Postby acbytesla » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Free Russ wrote:Well, I wish they would have just treated us like normal people and simply questioned us without the BS, but it would have only gotten them the same response--the truth. It would have saved them a lot of time and effort to look into other things that's for sure.

Something happened today that was almost surreal--I was doing some work out on location of a pretty major customer of mine. This customer is a graphics and marketing company. I was installing large laser-cut acrylic lettering and a logo on an inner entry wall. A couple of people in there were chatting with me while I was working and one of them worked up the nerve to say that she'd seen me on Dateline and couldn't believe something like that could happen. I answered a few questions, all the while with my back to them while I installed a letter on the wall. As I descended the ladder to pick up another letter I saw that there were at least 15 people standing there behind me who were apparently listening in from their cubicles and decided to come hear what I had to say. Everybody wanted to know this and that about the case and some of them already knew an impressive amount of information concerning the whole thing. I got nothing done for the next 20 to 30 minutes and I was amazed at the amount of curiosity about this case. People really seem to care about Russ and what was done to him.

Another strange thing that happened the other day. The owner of another company that I do a lot of work for called the shop that I work at and wanted to talk to me about the Faria case for almost an hour! I'd not spoken to this man more than 5 minutes before since I usually dealt with his shop manager on all business related stuff. He asked a lot of questions and in very colorful terms he proceeded to tell me about how much of an injustice that this was and then commended me for standing up for what is right. He ended the call telling me that Russ could count on his support.

These are real people. Some of whom I deal with weekly and some of whom I barely even knew and they all feel the same about this mess as I do. I have to believe that this is indicative of the general feeling of most about this whole thing. I just hope that this means the appellate court will see the obvious flaws with the trial and give Russ a new trial...a fair trial. In all honestly, he should have never been charged because he was with 4 other people 30 miles away when this all had to have happened. Are alibi witnesses no longer valid at all? And if they said we did something nefarious why aren't they arresting us?

This is some system we've got..

Those are great stories. My guess is that the more you discuss it with people the more people that will come your fiend's aid. I think most people want bad people put in prison, but even more than that, people can empathize with someone that has been so clearly wrongfully convicted and incarcerated.
acbytesla

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Free Russ wrote:Well, I wish they would have just treated us like normal people and simply questioned us without the BS, but it would have only gotten them the same response--the truth. It would have saved them a lot of time and effort to look into other things that's for sure.

This is some system we've got...

This is America at its best - the prosecution of this case is America at its worst. But there is a real citizen interest in trying to be sure the right thing is done and there is a willingness to question authority because everyone knows that those in authority are no better than the rest of us. I have seen in many wrongful convictions that people volunteer and get involved and try to set the thing straight. The problem is that our legal system makes it very very hard (harder and harder in the last 20 years or so) to set aside a jury verdict although I am optimistic that in this case the right thing will be done.
erasmus44

Postby lonepinealex » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:35 am

This one seems fascinatingly (and terrifyingly) cut and dried - is there anything we're missing??

What's the update on Pam Hupp, has she handed over any of the insurance money to the kids yet?
lonepinealex

Postby Free Russ » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:28 am

lonepinealex wrote:This one seems fascinatingly (and terrifyingly) cut and dried - is there anything we're missing??

What's the update on Pam Hupp, has she handed over any of the insurance money to the kids yet?

Everything that you've seen on Dateline, the stltoday.com (Post-Dispatch) story and the Chris Hayes Fox2 news stuff appears to be correct. Once again, I did not sit through the trial, but from the things that I've read and seen about the case in the aforementioned articles and the discussions that I've had with his lawyer, a local newsman who was there the entire time and members of the family that did sit through the whole trial everything that you've seen and read from those sources appears true and very little if anything is missing.

As of this time, I do believe that she still hasn't given any money to the family. This money was dispensed 2 years ago and I seriously wonder if the money is still even in her possession...I'm doubting it.
Free Russ

Postby lonepinealex » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:03 am

Free Russ wrote:
lonepinealex wrote:This one seems fascinatingly (and terrifyingly) cut and dried - is there anything we're missing??

Everything that you've seen on Dateline, the stltoday.com (Post-Dispatch) story and the Chris Hayes Fox2 news stuff appears to be correct. Once again, I did not sit through the trial, but from the things that I've read and seen about the case in the aforementioned articles and the discussions that I've had with his lawyer, a local newsman who was there the entire time and members of the family that did sit through the whole trial everything that you've seen and read from those sources appears true and very little if anything is missing.

As of this time, I do believe that she still hasn't given any money to the family. This money was dispensed 2 years ago and I seriously wonder if the money is still even in her possession...I'm doubting it.

Her financial history and records would make interesting reading I reckon... it's possible she had nothing to do with it but it looks fishy and she does have a motive.

Really great to have you here btw - I hope all this internet support is of some help and comfort to you all. It seems (unlike for Amanda Knox) that most of the internet discussion falls very much in your favour!

Are you able to visit or write to Russ? Are you expecting to hear from him and do you know how he feels about the recent publicity, Dateline etc?
lonepinealex

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:19 am

This case, in close competition with Lobato, is the one of the clearest cases of innocence I have found. The prosecution did not argue that he committed the crime after he got back around 9:30 - I assume they concluded that 1. the evidence of the coldness of the body, the rigor mortis, and the dried blood made it clear that the crime was committed much much earlier and 2. there wasn't enough time for him to get back, do everything he had to do and then call 911 in the window of time after he had been identified at a fast food place miles away. So the theory is that he got four people to lie about his alibi and fabricate evidence, committed the crime in the nude wearing his slippers which got bloody and put the bloody slippers away in his closet. The prosecution's argument here is ludicrous.
In fairness, there are many cases in which it is virtually impossible to prove actual innocence beyond a reasonable doubt. For example, in the "conspiracy cases" (Milke, Goodwin), it is really hard for a defendant to prove he never told anyone to commit the crime. Negatives in general are hard to prove. But in the Faria case, the overwhelming evidence of a solid alibi makes it clear he is innocent.
What this case shows is how easy it is to get a jury to convict an innocent defendant.
erasmus44

Postby Gparent » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:13 pm

His body was COLD AND STIFF... For those who think he could have killed his wife AFTER he let his friends house, think again, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Since her friend Pam Huff was with her at about 7pm and it takes a body no less than 2 hours to get cold and stiff--that fits. With her other motives (money) and according to one source she got a doctors note so she didn't have to take a polygraph, she seems like the more likely suspect. Not saying she did it, but she is more likely to have done it than the man sitting in jail right now... Sad
Gparent

Postby Gparent » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Justinian wrote:Just watched the Dateline which aired on 3/14/14. It's like the Amanda Knox case in many respects. It had a police department that knew the truth before they started trying to coerce an incriminating statement from the suspect. That took the word of the murderer, who stood to get the $100,000 life insurance, to incriminate the husband and (almost) the three people that were his alibi. It's the story of a prosecutor that told wild, speculative stories of what happened and presented it as truth. It's the story of a questionable judge and a whole justice system run amuck.

Lincoln County, MO (KSDK) - The husband of a woman found stabbed to death in her Troy, Missouri home last week has been charged with her murder.
Russell Scott Faria was arrested Wednesday by the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office and charged with first degree murder and armed criminal action.
Faria's wife, Elizabeth "Betsy" Faria, was found in her home in the 100 block of Sumac Drive December 27 with multiple stab wounds.

http://fox2now.com/2014/03/10/the-faria ... rt-part-3/

Italy doesn't have a monopoly on bad judges, prosecutors, and police.

STILL A HELLUVA LOT MORE LIKELY THAT AMANDA KNOX DID IT THAN RUSS FARIA. NOT EVEN COMPARABLE
Gparent

Postby Free Russ » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:26 pm

We've written.

I wouldn't think of visiting him--he has a large and caring family that deserves that little bit of time that he has for visitation. We will have our time again when he gets his freedom. He remarked in a recent letter that he's getting correspondence from all over the world supporting him. He hasn't been able to watch Dateline yet, but he hopes to soon. It's painful for me to read these letters even though his spirits are obviously high. I haven't seen him or talked to him in over 2 years(I 'saw' him at trial, but that doesn't really count) and I wonder how he(and the rest of us) will have changed when we next meet. I keep telling him that we're keeping his chair at the game night table open, but I don't get to say what I'd really like to tell him. I'd really like to tell him exactly what I think of this whole stinking morass in the most vivid terms possible, but he's got enough to deal with and doesn't need to hear me bitching.
Free Russ

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Gparent wrote:
Justinian wrote:Just watched the Dateline which aired on 3/14/14. It's like the Amanda Knox case in many respects. It had a police department that knew the truth before they started trying to coerce an incriminating statement from the suspect. That took the word of the murderer, who stood to get the $100,000 life insurance, to incriminate the husband and (almost) the three people that were his alibi. It's the story of a prosecutor that told wild, speculative stories of what happened and presented it as truth. It's the story of a questionable judge and a whole justice system run amuck.

Lincoln County, MO (KSDK) - The husband of a woman found stabbed to death in her Troy, Missouri home last week has been charged with her murder.
Russell Scott Faria was arrested Wednesday by the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office and charged with first degree murder and armed criminal action.
Faria's wife, Elizabeth "Betsy" Faria, was found in her home in the 100 block of Sumac Drive December 27 with multiple stab wounds.

STILL A HELLUVA LOT MORE LIKELY THAT AMANDA KNOX DID IT THAN RUSS FARIA. NOT EVEN COMPARABLE

I suggest that you do a little more research on the Amanda Knox case.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Justinian » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Bruce Fischer wrote:
Gparent wrote:

I suggest that you do a little more research on the Amanda Knox case.

Good students know and learn. Bad students guess. It's too easy to differentiate the two.
Justinian

Postby hoping for justice » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 pm

lonepinealex wrote:
Free Russ wrote:

Her financial history and records would make interesting reading I reckon... it's possible she had nothing to do with it but it looks fishy and she does have a motive.

Really great to have you here btw - I hope all this internet support is of some help and comfort to you all. It seems (unlike for Amanda Knox) that most of the internet discussion falls very much in your favour!

Are you able to visit or write to Russ? Are you expecting to hear from him and do you know how he feels about the recent publicity, Dateline etc?

He calls and talks to my husband almost every week. He is trying to keep his faith and his spirit high. It has been great being able to talk to him. It perks him up when our kids are home because they will be yelling 'Hi Russ" in the background. Several of his close friends have set up accounts so he can call them. He overwhelmed at the out pouring of support. His sister sent him a copy of a letter that an attorney in California sent to Askey. He pointed out several things that should not have been allowed and kind of let her have it. Knowing attorneys are in his corner perked him up. If you have Facebook and want to follow some of the things going on, there is a page
https://www.facebook.com/FreeRussFaria. Visitation is so different that when he was in Lincoln County. There he could get 3 visitors each week on Sunday for two hours. Now he can get up to 8 visits a month and the visitation hours are 4 hours at a time. His sister said to take lots of change for the vending machines cuz he likes to splurge during visiting times lol. If you are a believer in God, I am asking for prayers for Russ. He wants to be able to attend church services (at the prison) but as of a couple of days ago, they still had not approved him to go. My husband and I are anxiously awaiting our turn to visit him. Thank you all very much for your input and support.

Has your group made a decision as to whether or not they will take sponsor his case?
hoping for justice

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 am

Gparent wrote:

Not a good comparison. There are many many innocent people who are "more likely" to have committed various crimes than Russ. For example, it is more likely that I killed Jimmy Hoffa than that Russ committed the crime for which he was convicted. I was alive at the time Hoffa disappeared and if I had to prove beyond doubt that I didn't kill Jimmy Hoffa, I am not sure where I would start. I certainly don't have the kind of alibi evidence that Russ has. So, in an abstract case, it is more likely that I am guilty of killing Jimmy Hoffa than that Russ is guilty of the crime for which he was convicted. But that kind of statement doesn't really move the ball forward. Because there are 100 million other people for whom it could be said that it is more likely that each of them killed Hoffa than that Russ is guilty. And the same could be said about the Kercher case. There are probably 30,000 people in Perugia for whom it could be said that it is more likely that each of them was involved in the Kercher murder than that Russ is guilty. Russ is one of those rare people who can prove a negative - he couldn't have committed this crime. On the other hand, he - like me and probably you and 200 million other people - might have a tough time proving that he didn't kill Jon Benet Ramsey.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:44 pm

I don't know enough about any of the cases that have been cited in order to make much in the way of any comments/comparisons of them. I will read more on all of them advancing into the future since I truly do believe that being armed with knowledge is going to be the best way to free my innocent friend from prison. I do know some(though not enough) about the Ferguson case to know that Russ's appears even more cut and dried than his was, at least initially...but once all of the facts about the Ferguson case were out there years later, it was pretty obvious that he'd been railroaded. I do believe that once enough people know about Russ's case that it will be pretty obvious to all as well, I just hope it doesn't take 10 years.

The Lincoln County PA made a grave error in her ridiculous story about the alibi witnesses--she's unwittingly turned us into lifelong adversaries by demonizing us. She put us into this situation and now her(and her successors) will have to deal with us talking about it and trying to make waves for as long as he's incarcerated. His family and other friends are really doing a bang-up job in this regard and we make it a point everyday to talk to new people about this story and tell them where they can learn more and how they can help. I'd love to see the people of Lincoln County stand up and affect some positive change in their very flawed systems, but I just don't think that it will happen. You can read their local forums and see what the good people of Lincoln County have to deal with from the 'not so good' folks and 'good ol boys'. As far as things go, their flawed systems have already caused the damage and that can't be fixed. One would have thought that the nationwide exposure would have caused at least a little bit of positive change, but I've heard that the deadline for filing is now past and Leah Askey will be running unopposed for PA again this year...sheesh.
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Free Russ wrote:I don't know enough about any of the cases that have been cited in order to make much in the way of any comments/comparisons of them. I will read more on all of them advancing into the future since I truly do believe that being armed with knowledge is going to be the best way to free my innocent friend from prison. I do know some(though not enough) about the Ferguson case to know that Russ's appears even more cut and dried than his was, at least initially...but once all of the facts about the Ferguson case were out there years later, it was pretty obvious that he'd been railroaded. I do believe that once enough people know about Russ's case that it will be pretty obvious to all as well, I just hope it doesn't take 10 years.

The Lincoln County PA made a grave error in her ridiculous story about the alibi witnesses--she's unwittingly turned us into lifelong adversaries by demonizing us. She put us into this situation and now her(and her successors) will have to deal with us talking about it and trying to make waves for as long as he's incarcerated. His family and other friends are really doing a bang-up job in this regard and we make it a point everyday to talk to new people about this story and tell them where they can learn more and how they can help. I'd love to see the people of Lincoln County stand up and affect some positive change in their very flawed systems, but I just don't think that it will happen. You can read their local forums and see what the good people of Lincoln County have to deal with from the 'not so good' folks and 'good ol boys'. As far as things go, their flawed systems have already caused the damage and that can't be fixed. One would have thought that the nationwide exposure would have caused at least a little bit of positive change, but I've heard that the deadline for filing is now past and Leah Askey will be running unopposed for PA again this year...sheesh.

There are many cases in which people are convicted even though there really isn't much reliable evidence of guilt. What makes this case different is that in the Russ Faria case, there is actually overwhelming evidence of innocence. There just aren't many cases prosecuted like that. It is important to keep up the pressure and public exposure and media attention. It all helps. This case will wind up in an appellate court and hopefully some smart recent law graduate serving as a clerk for one of the judges will read up on it and have a "WTF" Moment and tell his judge about it. The publicity probably helps increase the probability that it will be taken seriously at the appellate level. Some states have conviction integrity commissions and this is another avenue of attack.
Unfortunately, in the US system once there is a jury conviction, exoneration is a long, hard road and it has gotten longer and harder.
erasmus44

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:59 am

Gparent wrote:His body was COLD AND STIFF... For those who think he could have killed his wife AFTER he let his friends house, think again, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Since her friend Pam Huff was with her at about 7pm and it takes a body no less than 2 hours to get cold and stiff--that fits. With her other motives (money) and according to one source she got a doctors note so she didn't have to take a polygraph, she seems like the more likely suspect. Not saying she did it, but she is more likely to have done it than the man sitting in jail right now... Sad

Other problems with a post 9pm TOD - the blood was dry or drying and the amount of time available for RF to drive home from the fast food place he is recorded as visiting commit the crime, clean up, and call 911 (bearing in mind that as soon as he made the call he had to anticipate that they would arrive any minute) is insufficient. So the prosecutor didn't even try to argue for a post 9pm TOD and instead argued that the crime was committed much earlier and that Russ was in an elaborate conspiracy with his alibi witnesses all of whom were lying. When you think it through, there are all sorts of problems with the prosecution's theory other than the testimony of the alibi witnesses - why commit the crime this way if he had plenty of time, why take the chance that the police would discover he didn't have his cell phone, why not insist on picking his wife up and driving her home, why didn't his wife return her daughter's phone calls, etc. Of course, the big problem is the 4 alibi witnesses who, consistent with the prosecution theory, are guilty of perjury, conspiracy to commit murder, accessory to murder before the fact, etc, etc. and are risking 20+ years in prison. Each of these witnesses is running the risk that one of the four will "make a deal" and "rat out" the other three, so they are taking a pretty enormous risk and no real motive for this kind of behavior has been described by the prosecution.
This is really one of the most egregious cases of wrongful prosecution outside North Korea and Iran and I think we should get behind Russ in an effort to turn it around.
erasmus44

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 pm

The Fox report says that the receipt at the Arby's was stamped 9:09. The closest Arby's to Sumac Road is 23.3 miles away and Yahoo sets the driving time as 28 minutes. He apparently made the 911 call at 9:40. So if he got home at 9:37, there is no way he could have done this and cleaned up in that window. And I am not even sure he went to the closest Arby's. I guess this is why the prosecution did not even try to argue that he got home, undressed to take a shower, his wife said something that set him off, and he exploded and committed the crime and then cleaned up.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I've not seen the Arby's receipt that was presented as evidence at trial, but I assume that he likely went to the Arby's near my house at 909 Robert Raymond Dr, Lake St Louis, MO 63367. This restaurant is 2-3 miles from my house embedded in a commercial area surrounded by atm's, other fast food places, Wal-Mart and a dozen other fairly major places as well as dozens of smaller establishments. From there it's back out Hwy 40/61 west to Troy, but it's about 30 miles. Then of course you'd have to navigate through Troy to get to his place, which I believe was in a suburb west of Troy. No, the timeline is sitting squarely against the 'did it when he got home' story. The only way they could make it work out was to dream up the 5 person 'super-conspiracy' that just so happens to nullify our testimony as being a big 'act'.
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Free Russ wrote:I've not seen the Arby's receipt that was presented as evidence at trial, but I assume that he likely went to the Arby's near my house at 909 Robert Raymond Dr, Lake St Louis, MO 63367. This restaurant is 2-3 miles from my house embedded in a commercial area surrounded by atm's, other fast food places, Wal-Mart and a dozen other fairly major places as well as dozens of smaller establishments. From there it's back out Hwy 40/61 west to Troy, but it's about 30 miles. Then of course you'd have to navigate through Troy to get to his place, which I believe was in a suburb west of Troy. No, the timeline is sitting squarely against the 'did it when he got home' story. The only way they could make it work out was to dream up the 5 person 'super-conspiracy' that just so happens to nullify our testimony as being a big 'act'.

Another issue is exactly what happened at Arby's. Some places bill you and time stamp the bill then, and then give you the food a couple of minutes later. I was using the Arby's at 1988 Wentzville Parkway, in Wentzville (the closest Arby's to Sumac Drive in Troy) and that's how I got the 23.3 miles and 28 minutes door to door to Sumac Drive in Troy. Sumac Drive is short so the number really doesn't matter. I got Sumac Drive from the name of the Dateline show. Anything further away from Sumac Drive than the Wentzville Arby's would take more time. I think what happened is he got home at 9:39 and called immediately. I really don't know the area and so I am be making some kind of mistake. But it appears to be impossible for him to have done it after 9:30. I guess the prosecutor realized that and that's why she came up with her wacko theory. Her theory has to involve pre-planning rather than spontaneous rage; one problem with pre-planning is that he would have done a brilliant job setting up the alibi but an idiotic job staging the crime scene. The kind of mind which sets up this alibi in advance but then puts bloody slippers in the closet is hard to fathom.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 am

I will be on KFAV 99.9 this morning for Steve Kaspar's morning show from 9-10am. KFAV is a local country radio station that serves Lincoln County as well as the rest of the 'Westplex' (communities just to the west of STL). I am under the impression that I will be on the full hour and will be asked questions by both Steve Kaspar and the listeners. I had heard late last week that they were going to talk about this story and that's when I decided to call them and let them know that I am not afraid to talk about anything related to this case. If anyone is interested and not a local, I believe that you can listen at http://www.kfavradio.com/home .
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Free Russ wrote:I will be on KFAV 99.9 this morning for Steve Kaspar's morning show from 9-10am. KFAV is a local country radio station that serves Lincoln County as well as the rest of the 'Westplex' (communities just to the west of STL). I am under the impression that I will be on the full hour and will be asked questions by both Steve Kaspar and the listeners. I had heard late last week that they were going to talk about this story and that's when I decided to call them and let them know that I am not afraid to talk about anything related to this case. If anyone is interested and not a local, I believe that you can listen at http://www.kfavradio.com/home .

Keep up the good work. I hope we decide to sponsor this case because I think it is clearly a miscarriage of justice.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 pm

The radio show went well. I fielded questions from callers and a couple of Russ's family members that sat through the whole trial called in as well. Steve Kaspar(the host) was openly pro-Russ and all the callers were supportive. He challenged the PA or judge to call the show, but you know that didn't happen. Right after the interview I was told to contact another station that wanted me on in the afternoon. So I did that show as well. Again, some of Russ's supporters that were at the entire trial called and it really was a positive experience. I can already see the increase in attention on fb due to the extra exposure.

Myself and the rest of Russ's supporters will continue to get the word out however we can and I have some new ideas after the radio shows the other day. Russ will have his deserved freedom again, we're gonna have to fight for it though...
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Free Russ wrote:The radio show went well. I fielded questions from callers and a couple of Russ's family members that sat through the whole trial called in as well. Steve Kaspar(the host) was openly pro-Russ and all the callers were supportive. He challenged the PA or judge to call the show, but you know that didn't happen. Right after the interview I was told to contact another station that wanted me on in the afternoon. So I did that show as well. Again, some of Russ's supporters that were at the entire trial called and it really was a positive experience. I can already see the increase in attention on fb due to the extra exposure.

Myself and the rest of Russ's supporters will continue to get the word out however we can and I have some new ideas after the radio shows the other day. Russ will have his deserved freedom again, we're gonna have to fight for it though...

It looks like the prosecutor is clamming up and not getting involved in any kind of debate on the issue. And it looks like the Richard Hicks comments on Facebook have been deleted. Do you have any recollection of the substance of Hicks's comments? I would like to get some idea of what they are thinking and how they justify this?
Also when I looked at the map of Lincoln County there was a Mennemeyer Road (same name as the judge). It sounds like a tight little system. It would be interesting to explore connections between various players.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:18 pm

I've got screenshots of the stuff that was said. You are correct though, that feed seems to have completely disappeared along with the thousands of comments associated with it. I will attempt to dig them up and send them to you.

Lincoln County is all about the 'good ol boys' network. Ironic that the judge and PA are both women and friends I'm sure since they likely work together closely a lot in such a small rural county. I'm going to be trying to visit Russ in the coming months. I've got the paperwork now in order to get added to his small visitor list and really can't wait to see him again. I'm sure it will take some time for all of that to go through though.
Free Russ

Postby Free Russ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 pm

pm sent erasmus44...
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Free Russ wrote:I've got screenshots of the stuff that was said. You are correct though, that feed seems to have completely disappeared along with the thousands of comments associated with it. I will attempt to dig them up and send them to you.

Lincoln County is all about the 'good ol boys' network. Ironic that the judge and PA are both women and friends I'm sure since they likely work together closely a lot in such a small rural county. I'm going to be trying to visit Russ in the coming months. I've got the paperwork now in order to get added to his small visitor list and really can't wait to see him again. I'm sure it will take some time for all of that to go through though.

I am still trying to get my head around what the prosecution's theory is. I guess their theory is that he went to game night and left early around 7:15- getting home around 7:45 (after Pam left) - although he may have gotten home earlier and waited out in his car for her to leave. Then he went in and committed the murder nude wearing his bedroom slippers which he put back in the closet. He showered and cleaned up and cleaned up any water drops in the shower. What exactly happened to the murder weapon here??
He had a pre-existing agreement with his friends that they would hold on to his cell phone and also create the Arby's evidence for him. When exactly were they to bring him his cell phone and the Arbys receipt (before 9:40 or after???)?? He then waited an amount of time consistent with the alibi and called at 9:40. In that time, he didn't get rid of his slippers and didn't do very much to make it look like a burglary.
Of course, this is a preplanned homicide and not a sudden angry rage.
He would take the following risks - 1. being seen traveling to his home between 7:15 and 7:45, 2. having someone arrive at the house between 7:45 and 9:40, 3. having an incoming call to the house between 7:45 and 9:40, 4. having his accomplice identified by a witness from Arby's, 5.being searched by the police at 9:45 and not having the cell phone or the Arby's receipt, 6. having someone stop by the alibi house between 7:45 and 9 and notice he wasn't there, 8. having a traffic jam between the alibi house and his house after 9 pm which would not give him time to get home by 9:40 so that his 9:40 call would make it clear he left the alibi house well before 9, 9. having one of the alibi witnesses change his or her mind, 10. having someone stay at his house long after 7:45 throwing off the entire timetable.
It just sounds like a plot with too many moving parts to be credible.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:22 pm

erasmus44...here are a few points to add to what you had talked about above...

1) The murder weapon was apparently a kitchen/steak knife that was still embedded in her neck when Russ got home. No fingerprints were found on said knife and I believe the only DNA found on the knife was that of Betsy.

2) There is no evidence of Russ cleaning himself up at all. The investigators went so far as to remove the plumbing from the shower and kitchen sink I believe and it came out in trial that not only was there no blood residue in the pipes, but that the pipes were dry and hadn't been used for an indeterminate amount of time.

3) There was no blood on Russ at all, neither was he injured in any way (so no defensive injuries and no injuries consistent with using a kitchen knife to hurt anyone--a tool not meant to cause injury to others, hence no guard to keep a hand from sliding off the handle onto the blade when used with force).

4) We don't have criminal records and there is NO evidence of any kind that we participated in any conspiracy and there NEVER will be. The simple truth is that we watched a couple of movies that night and besides getting up to go to the bathroom or to refill my coffee, we were all pretty much rooted in the same spots the entire time we watched the movies. I can still remember where everyone even sat that night--3 of us on my couch, one in a chair pulled into the living room from the dining room and Russ in my leather chair furthest from me, but still within 8'-10' of everybody.
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Free Russ wrote:erasmus44...here are a few points to add to what you had talked about above...

1) The murder weapon was apparently a kitchen/steak knife that was still embedded in her neck when Russ got home. No fingerprints were found on said knife and I believe the only DNA found on the knife was that of Betsy.

2) There is no evidence of Russ cleaning himself up at all. The investigators went so far as to remove the plumbing from the shower and kitchen sink I believe and it came out in trial that not only was there no blood residue in the pipes, but that the pipes were dry and hadn't been used for an indeterminate amount of time.

3) There was no blood on Russ at all, neither was he injured in any way (so no defensive injuries and no injuries consistent with using a kitchen knife to hurt anyone--a tool not meant to cause injury to others, hence no guard to keep a hand from sliding off the handle onto the blade when used with force).

4) We don't have criminal records and there is NO evidence of any kind that we participated in any conspiracy and there NEVER will be. The simple truth is that we watched a couple of movies that night and besides getting up to go to the bathroom or to refill my coffee, we were all pretty much rooted in the same spots the entire time we watched the movies. I can still remember where everyone even sat that night--3 of us on my couch, one in a chair pulled into the living room from the dining room and Russ in my leather chair furthest from me, but still within 8'-10' of everybody.

So there is no way he could have cleaned himself off in the time after he got home.
What is their theory? Did they argue that he came over to the game group and then left or that he was never over there at all? And when did they argue that the cell phone was returned to him?
I am beginning to understand better why they didn't even try to argue for a post-9:30 TOD but I see so many logical inconsistencies and implausibilities in their argument of a conspiracy that it is hard to anyone could mouth the argument and keep a straight face much less convince a jury to send someone to prison based on it.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:34 am

Keep in mind that the conspiracy theory that the persecution alleged between Russ and the alibi's didn't come to the fore until closing arguments.

From what I understand, most of the trial appeared to be pushing the 'crime of passion' idea and left the TOD open to give a larger window of opportunity for that idea(that's what I think at least). Only after our testimony that so solidly put Russ with us from 6-9, with absolutely no swerving from our truth since the beginning did this conspiracy idea come out in closing arguments. This gave the defense no chance at attempting to disprove the allegations. As far as I know the jury was not informed that we've never been charged in connection with any of this either though they likely know now that everything has gotten exposed. I really do believe that Lincoln County expected Russ to confess over the 2 year wait for his trial and hence their very shaky case that seems to morph into something completely different toward the end of trial.

In her closing argument theory, Askey claims that Russ came to my house, dropped off his phone, went home and did the deed naked except for slippers, one of us then allegedly stopped and got the Arby's food at 9:06 and delivered the phone back to Russ. It's completely preposterous. I tend to think that they planned to bring out the conspiracy all along, but didn't want to introduce it early and have it debunked. I think that their hopes were that we would have sub-par testimony and then they would bring out the conspiracy to seemingly 'tie it all together'. Our testimony was solid and not contradictory to each other or our history of statements at all, so they could not further harass us or arrest us for anything. However, the old adage is true-- 'throw enough sh*t at the wall, and something is bound to stick'...they somehow got the jury to want to believe this insane conspiracy and they convicted Russ with it.
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Free Russ wrote:Keep in mind that the conspiracy theory that the persecution alleged between Russ and the alibi's didn't come to the fore until closing arguments.

From what I understand, most of the trial appeared to be pushing the 'crime of passion' idea and left the TOD open to give a larger window of opportunity for that idea(that's what I think at least). Only after our testimony that so solidly put Russ with us from 6-9, with absolutely no swerving from our truth since the beginning did this conspiracy idea come out in closing arguments. This gave the defense no chance at attempting to disprove the allegations. As far as I know the jury was not informed that we've never been charged in connection with any of this either though they likely know now that everything has gotten exposed. I really do believe that Lincoln County expected Russ to confess over the 2 year wait for his trial and hence their very shaky case that seems to morph into something completely different toward the end of trial.

In her closing argument theory, Askey claims that Russ came to my house, dropped off his phone, went home and did the deed naked except for slippers, one of us then allegedly stopped and got the Arby's food at 9:06 and delivered the phone back to Russ. It's completely preposterous. I tend to think that they planned to bring out the conspiracy all along, but didn't want to introduce it early and have it debunked. I think that their hopes were that we would have sub-par testimony and then they would bring out the conspiracy to seemingly 'tie it all together'. Our testimony was solid and not contradictory to each other or our history of statements at all, so they could not further harass us or arrest us for anything. However, the old adage is true-- 'throw enough sh*t at the wall, and something is bound to stick'...they somehow got the jury to want to believe this insane conspiracy and they convicted Russ with it.

I have heard one pro-conviction argument that the fact that the alibi witnesses told consistent stories and the fact that Russ visited several places to buy things and was recorded is persuasive evidence of a conspiracy. A similar argument was made about the alibi evidence of one of the defendants in the Duke lacrosse case by the notorious prosecutor - Mike Nifong. This is a gross example of confirmation bias ("all evidence is evidence of guilt"). If the stories are inconsistent, this is evidence that they are false; if the stories are consistent, this is also evidence that they are false.
This case strikes me as being so ridiculous that it constitutes a national embarrassment (perhaps even an embarrassment to our entire species); the conviction should be reversed before some of the countries we criticize for abusive legal process turn around and point the finger back at us.
erasmus44

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 pm

hoping for justice wrote:
lane99 wrote:
Free Russ wrote:...I'm sorry that I wasn't in the courtroom the entire time and mis-spoke...

Perfectly understandable. Happens to everyone.

hoping for justice wrote:...Pam lied about where she was... In fact her phone pinged in or near the Faria home at 7:24 ish...She left a vmail for Betsy because she did not answer. She left a vmail saying she was home in OFallon MO nearly 30 minutes away from the Faria home...

Can you provide evidence that such a voicemail exists? If what you say is true, Russ Faria's appeal document could have contained much stronger arguments on his behalf than it currently does.

A source who was at the trial said she was questioned about the voice mail. Neither the prosecution nor the police questioned the existence. This however, was another piece of evidence the courtroom heard but the jury was asked to leave the courtroom before her testimony.

The defense was not really allowed to put on a case based on the argument that there was an alternate explanation for the crime. This left the jury with the classic "if not the defendant, who else?" conundrum and apparently the prosecution was allowed to make this argument in closing. A big part of the problem here is a series of bad rulings by the trial judge.
erasmus44

Postby lane99 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:08 pm

lane99 wrote:
hoping for justice wrote:...Pam lied about where she was... In fact her phone pinged in or near the Faria home at 7:24 ish...She left a vmail for Betsy because she did not answer. She left a vmail saying she was home in OFallon MO nearly 30 minutes away from the Faria home...

Can you provide evidence that such a voicemail exists? If what you say is true, Russ Faria's appeal document could have contained much stronger arguments on his behalf than it currently does.

A source who was at the trial said she was questioned about the voice mail. Neither the prosecution nor the police questioned the existence. This however, was another piece of evidence the courtroom heard but the jury was asked to leave the courtroom before her testimony.

Apologies, I inadvertently overlooked your response until now.

There may be "a" voicemail, but it most likely isn't at all as you've described it. Otherwise, in the appeal document, it surely would have been included in the list of supposedly "inconsistent statements" made by Pam Hupp.
lane99

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:07 pm

lane99 wrote:
lane99 wrote:

Apologies, I inadvertently overlooked your response until now.

There may be "a" voicemail, but it most likely isn't at all as you've described it. Otherwise, in the appeal document, it surely would have been included in the list of supposedly "inconsistent statements" made by Pam Hupp.

There is reference in the defendant's post trial motion to set aside the verdict to a cell phone call at 7:27 which Hupp described as being placed from her home miles away from the Faria home but which pinged off the cell tower near the Faria home. There does not appear to be an indication of whether or not a voicemail was left. I have not examined the appeal documents.
erasmus44

Postby MichaelB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:33 am

Is the appeal doc available online?
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 am

MichaelB wrote:Is the appeal doc available online?

I am going to try to get ahold of it and will post if I do.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm not sure if the appeal doc is available online or not. I will be contacting his lawyer again soon anyway with some questions that I have and that will likely be one of them.

I was recently contacted by someone from 20+ years in my past that knows someone else that apparently has some information that they want me to see. I supplied this person with a safe mailing address to be passed along to the person with the information so that they can mail it to me. Apparently they want to remain anonymous for a reason that I do not know. I'm now very interested in what this information is, but it supposedly does have to do with the case or a person(s) involved with the case.
Free Russ

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 am

Free Russ wrote:I'm not sure if the appeal doc is available online or not. I will be contacting his lawyer again soon anyway with some questions that I have and that will likely be one of them.

I was recently contacted by someone from 20+ years in my past that knows someone else that apparently has some information that they want me to see. I supplied this person with a safe mailing address to be passed along to the person with the information so that they can mail it to me. Apparently they want to remain anonymous for a reason that I do not know. I'm now very interested in what this information is, but it supposedly does have to do with the case or a person(s) involved with the case.

Keep up the good work. This may be a case like "The Fugitive" where we have to virtually deliver the perp to the police on a silver platter in order to get Russ out of this mess. If you provide the perp, I'll provide the silver platter (as long as silver prices don't go up).
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Russ needs more supporters. He is innocent and this fiasco could happen to ANYBODY--any of us. Everyone in the world should be appalled at the results of this investigation, case and trial.

I know that the wheels of justice turn slow, but in Russ's case it is just painfully so. Held for 2 years prior to trial, initially at 1 million cash only bond, then lowered after a month or 2, but by then his life was ruined, job gone and what money he did have had been drained from his bank account. Whatever Russ's supporters may want to do will really change nothing until the either the real killer slips up bigtime, new evidence surfaces that changes everything or the appellate court finally gets underway. I suspect that Lincoln County will simply drag their feet in any way that they can in order to stretch this out even longer. I suspect that they must file paperwork with 'higher ups' in order to move the appeals process forward and I bet they will just wait until they absolutely have to before they will do it. This only makes sense from their point of view--the more time that they put between themselves and the trial the bigger the chance that people may have forgotten about it. This is why we need the media and organizations like Injustice Anywhere to keep on this travesty.

I cannot see why IA wouldn't want to support Russell--it's painfully clear to even a monkey with half a brain that Russ could not have committed this crime.

It's also clear that Russ WILL be vindicated eventually and all of his supporters validated. Please IA, PLEASE...support Russell Faria and become an advocate for him. It's a crime that he was even charged with this murder...doubly more so that he was convicted and every day, week, month and year that passes oppresses this innocent man even more.
Free Russ

Postby lonepinealex » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 am

What is the situation with IA and whether they'll support the case? It seems way less ambiguous than some of the cases supported here...
lonepinealex

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:06 pm

lonepinealex wrote:What is the situation with IA and whether they'll support the case? It seems way less ambiguous than some of the cases supported here...

Without engaging in any comparative analysis, I agree that the Faria case is a compelling case and I am working on trying to get it to be an IA supported case. I am hoping to do an article soon. We have to keep up the pressure on the internet and elsewhere so that we continue to get media attention for this case.
erasmus44

Russ Faria New Compelling evidence

Postby McGirr » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 pm

http://fox2now.com/2014/04/24/faria-mur ... irst-time/

The story came out last week but here it is for anyone that missed it 'sic' Free Russ Faria Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/FreeRussFaria?fref=nf

What is it with those car sales ads Ha! Ha! Every article I read about Russ Faria has this great big Southern Car sales man intro. This grinds my gears.. (not the car salesman... The fact the prosecution lied about the supervisor taking the 911 call; when in fact Tammy Vaughan took the call. I have heard of this happening in another miscarriages of justice cases. I will have to try rack my brain to remember which one it was....It was fairly significant new evidence if I recall in that case so may be very compelling for this case as the operator in this instance is cooperating in this scenario. The older case was one where a different 911 operator was uncooperative in the tv series i mentioned aired as "the wrong man". I think it was in one of the "wrong man episodes" that is in the Video section of injustice anywhere. I will review my channel to see if I can find it.

Full video:
http://fox2now.com/2014/04/24/faria-mur ... Y9IRJU676V

Watch on youtube.com
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Re: Russ Faria New Compelling evidence

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 am

McGirr wrote:http://fox2now.com/2014/04/24/faria-murder-911-operator-speaks-out-for-the-first-time/

The story came out last week but here it is for anyone that missed it 'sic' Free Russ Faria Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/FreeRussFaria?fref=nf

What is it with those car sales ads Ha! Ha! Every article I read about Russ Faria has this great big Southern Car sales man intro. This grinds my gears.. (not the car salesman... The fact the prosecution lied about the supervisor taking the 911 call; when in fact Tammy Vaughan took the call. I have heard of this happening in another miscarriages of justice cases. I will have to try rack my brain to remember which one it was....It was fairly significant new evidence if I recall in that case so may be very compelling for this case as the operator in this instance is cooperating in this scenario. The older case was one where a different 911 operator was uncooperative in the tv series i mentioned aired as "the wrong man". I think it was in one of the "wrong man episodes" that is in the Video section of injustice anywhere. I will review my channel to see if I can find it.

Full video:

This case gets stranger and stranger. I am beginning to wonder if they can do anything right in that prosecutor's office. Why tell a lie you know you can be caught in like this? Or is this case some strange experiment conducted by some University sociology department to see how weak a case can be put on and still get a conviction???

Watch on youtube.com
erasmus44

Postby McGirr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 am

erasmus44 wrote:
McGirr wrote:http://fox2now.com/2014/04/24/faria-murder-911-operator-speaks-out-for-the-first-time/

Full video:

This case gets stranger and stranger. I am beginning to wonder if they can do anything right in that prosecutor's office. Why tell a lie you know you can be caught in like this? Or is this case some strange experiment conducted by some University sociology department to see how weak a case can be put on and still get a conviction???

I think this may be the case that challenges the constitutionality of fair trials in the United states of america. This is not an isolated incident, and the misrepresentation of a 911 operator by a stand in supervisor has happened in other trials where the prosecution hoodwink juries. I will dig up the other case where the prosecution did this.

There is a line being drawn in the sand.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

McGirr wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:

Full video:

I think this may be the case that challenges the constitutionality of fair trials in the United states of america. This is not an isolated incident, and the misrepresentation of a 911 operator by a stand in supervisor has happened in other trials where the prosecution hoodwink juries. I will dig up the other case where the prosecution did this.

There is a line being drawn in the sand.

A conviction in a case like this should certainly help the prosecution get guilty pleas in other cases because it shows that you can get a jury to convict on the weakest kind of evidence and in the face of a very strong alibi. And the US system of justice is all about "closing files" and resolving as many cases as possible by plea bargains so that cases in which a clearly innocent person is convicted actually help the system achieve its goal.
erasmus44

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:28 pm

One of the problems in getting people's attention for a case like this is that there isn't really any debate about whether he is guilty or innocent and that reduces the online "action" that we get with some other cases. It's not really a "close" or even debatable case so we don't get the volume of traffic that a real debate creates. In a sense, like Lobato, he is "too clearly innocent" to generate massive internet interest. I am not sure what the solution is. Maybe we should focus more on making the case against someone else.
erasmus44

Postby lonepinealex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:44 pm

That's a risky game! In the UK we have strict libel laws...
lonepinealex

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:29 pm

lonepinealex wrote:That's a risky game! In the UK we have strict libel laws...

Good point. I think Evelyn Waugh said something to the effect of "Anytime I am short of cash, I read recent articles about myself and figure out who to sue." We should avoid the temptation to jump to conclusions the way prosecutors do and then find ourselves carried along by a wave of confirmation bias. On the other hand, in the USA, the jury verdict is given great deference and it takes a great deal of evidence to overturn it. The authorities don't like to admit that they can't figure out who has committed a serious crime so the identification of another defendant can be one of the few ways to get their feet out of the cement.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 pm

I finally got the anonymous letter in the mail. While it doesn't have the 'case breaking' information that I was hoping for (but didn't really expect), it does have a number of allegations in it relating to somebody or two VERY involved in the case. I don't want to get into specifics since the first page is pretty incendiary and could land someone with a civil suit against them if they started spouting off about it and it wasn't true. There is also some other information all circling around a person and none of it paints this person in a positive light. I won't mention much more than that, but I will say that the person that I'm speaking about probably isn't the person that you think it is.

I will be making copies of the letter and getting them to Russ's counsel, to Chris Hayes at Fox2 and to Dateline. Again, nothing earth-shattering in the correspondence, but not at all what I expected....especially that first page--it's a doozy.

No return address and sent from St. Louis. The only handwriting is the address on the envelope all the rest of the pages are printed out from a pc.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Fri May 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Free Russ wrote:I finally got the anonymous letter in the mail. While it doesn't have the 'case breaking' information that I was hoping for (but didn't really expect), it does have a number of allegations in it relating to somebody or two VERY involved in the case. I don't want to get into specifics since the first page is pretty incendiary and could land someone with a civil suit against them if they started spouting off about it and it wasn't true. There is also some other information all circling around a person and none of it paints this person in a positive light. I won't mention much more than that, but I will say that the person that I'm speaking about probably isn't the person that you think it is.

I will be making copies of the letter and getting them to Russ's counsel, to Chris Hayes at Fox2 and to Dateline. Again, nothing earth-shattering in the correspondence, but not at all what I expected....especially that first page--it's a doozy.

No return address and sent from St. Louis. The only handwriting is the address on the envelope all the rest of the pages are printed out from a pc.

Sounds very mysterious, i hope there is something that can be followed up on. Maybe time to get a private investigator to investigate the claims. See if they bear any fruit.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby lonepinealex » Sat May 03, 2014 7:28 am

You're doing a sterling job, Free Russ, I'm glad people are helping you out with this. Hope this information gives you all a lead.
lonepinealex

Postby erasmus44 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 pm

lonepinealex wrote:You're doing a sterling job, Free Russ, I'm glad people are helping you out with this. Hope this information gives you all a lead.

We have to just keep hammering away on this one. I hope to do an article soon.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Wed May 07, 2014 6:12 pm

http://fox2now.com/2014/05/06/faria-mur ... ment-80403

The above link is to the most recent story that Chris Hayes with the local Fox affiliate Fox2 News did on Russ's story. It aired Tuesday, May 6. Chris has done an awesome job covering this story and continues to bring more stuff to the forefront that just makes everyone question the system. This time he interviews 2 jurors. What they have to say boggles my mind and disturbs me on so many levels. I'll leave it at that.

What do you think of this whole mess?

If you want to get the entirety of Russ's story, do a search on the above linked Fox2 site for Faria and watch everything that Chris has done since the trial was put in motion. His thoroughness is only outshined by the tenacity with which he's going after this story. I can't say enough good things about Chris.
Free Russ

Postby Free Russ » Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

For any locals to the STL area, Chris Hayes will have another story tonight at 10pm.

He's got a fan for life with me.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 am

Free Russ wrote:http://fox2now.com/2014/05/06/faria-murder-jurors-speak/#comment-80403

The above link is to the most recent story that Chris Hayes with the local Fox affiliate Fox2 News did on Russ's story. It aired Tuesday, May 6. Chris has done an awesome job covering this story and continues to bring more stuff to the forefront that just makes everyone question the system. This time he interviews 2 jurors. What they have to say boggles my mind and disturbs me on so many levels. I'll leave it at that.

What do you think of this whole mess?

If you want to get the entirety of Russ's story, do a search on the above linked Fox2 site for Faria and watch everything that Chris has done since the trial was put in motion. His thoroughness is only outshined by the tenacity with which he's going after this story. I can't say enough good things about Chris.

The Jurors believe they should have heard evidence the Judge suppressed.

In particular the Suppressed evidence of the Life insurance Policy of 150 thousand dollars written in Pamela Hupp (10/10/58) Named as the beneficiary. Pamela Hupp drove Betsy Faria home on the night of the murder.

One Juror also felt the alibis witness's were a little too good, and a little too rehearsed. i.e Juror: 'It was 4.08 pm when I looked at my Clock.'

The program then focuses on the alibi witnesses.

The Alibi witnesses testify they were watching movies with Russ from 6pm to 9 pm the night of the murder,
Interviewed in FOX news studios after trial;

' I don't know what to say; except that when you tell the truth you don't have to remember a whole lot.'

The alibi witnesses described it as a boring night burned into their minds after the police knocked on the door.

The Juror experienced the same twist; the Juror Bray now hopes someone will continue investigating.

The Juror did not believe there was enough evidence to convict. She speaks of 'filling in the blanks'.
One such blank was the prosecution would not give a time of death, not even a round about time of death. So the jurors had a very flexible timeline to work from.

Finally The sister of Betsy thinks the right person is in jail, and the Jurors made the right decision. ;) The jurors are publicly retracting their decision and would not have made that decision if they had all of facts now known to them.

One issue in the video

The time of death
During the pre trial hearing.
The defence asked for the time of death.
The Assistant DA stated that he could not give it and admitted he would literally be making it up. That this is something for the Jury to decide.

Let's discuss the legal merits of the DA making such a claim.

Is the DA telling lies?
Were the defence in any way wrong here at the pre trial hearing in accepting this claim by the DA.
What could be the consequences of those lies.
Are there any previous cases where this has happened, i ,e case law and precedent in such matters.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby lonepinealex » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm

McGirr wrote:Finally The sister of Betsy thinks the right person is in jail, and the Jurors made the right decision. ;)

You know, this is one of the weirdest things about this case to me. I've never seen a case of wrongful conviction where people are pretty unanimous that the convict is innocent. Yet nothing will convince Betsy's family that Russ didn't do it? Nothing?!

It's odd and suspicious to me - could they have been involved in some way? Or know more than they're letting on?
lonepinealex

Postby McGirr » Thu May 08, 2014 8:00 pm

lonepinealex wrote:
McGirr wrote:Finally The sister of Betsy thinks the right person is in jail, and the Jurors made the right decision. ;)

You know, this is one of the weirdest things about this case to me. I've never seen a case of wrongful conviction where people are pretty unanimous that the convict is innocent. Yet nothing will convince Betsy's family that Russ didn't do it? Nothing?!

It's odd and suspicious to me - could they have been involved in some way? Or know more than they're letting on?

The entire family? I would say some of it is to do with shock and trauma. If your in this turmoil you wont be watching fox new 2 programs about Russ Faria.
I guess they sat through the court trial and believed everything that the prosecution said just like the jurors. They needed closure and his conviction of guilt was much more emotional and important to them for that reason.

They probably don't want to know anything about Russ, and their perception of him is skewed. In fact it for these very reasons that i think miscarriages of justice are so wrong. People turn against the innocent person. Imagine back in the nineteen seventies and eighties when all a person had were his friends and family. Once you lost them you had nothing, no organisations, no internet, maybe a pen pal in Canada might listen to you but that was about it. The media had you at their mercy and you can see how Amanda Knox is treated.

It was tough back then, and the psychological trauma is overwhelming for both. There was a time no one believed anyone in prison could ever be innocent.

They were innocent times back then all the same ;)
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby erasmus44 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:38 pm

lonepinealex wrote:

The family of the victim usually relies upon the police and prosecutor for information about the case. When the police or prosecutor says that "we know who did it", the family assumes that they speak with experience and expertise and are very likely to rely on their representations. This is another huge problem. In court, the jury faces the victim's family during the trial and when they render the verdict. It is hard to look them in the eye and return a not guilty verdict. One case I have found in which the victim's mother is adamant that the prosecutor convicted the wrong man is the Christopher Tapp case. I think it is an appealing case we should consider. But in the Faria case, the family seems adamant. More so than in Knox. In Knox, we hear the Kerchers saying things like "we will never know what happened" or "we must wait for the process to play out" implying some degree of doubt. And the Kerchers were really left in the dark with the proceedings occurring miles away and in a foreign language. They were almost completely dependent upon that piece of pond scum named Maresca.
erasmus44

Postby Free Russ » Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 am

I just wish that the lies would have ended with the ending of the trial.

Now, with the Chris Hayes interview of the jurors, I can see that they are only continuing the example that PA Askey showed them when she prosecuted this case entirely on lies. The two jurors that have come forward are now making up new falsehoods that were never even brought up in trial. I wonder if they even realize that their process of 'filling in the blanks' was actually a way for them to systematically justify enslaving an innocent man into the prison system? Those 'blanks' have another name--Reasonable Doubt. In essence, they convinced each other to destroy this man's life by lying to one another and deciding to then believe in those lies. I've heard from others that have had contact with them that these people are continuing the 'campaign of lies' by making up even more things about the alibi witnesses and Russ (that weren't even brought up in trial) and talking to others about these lies as if they are truth. They had best be very careful about these actions...

Enough with the lies. Are the alibi witnesses the only people that were on the stand and told the truth during that trial? The more I look at this the more that I feel this was a 'setup' from the beginning. The prosecution nor the jury appears to have had any interest in finding Russell anything but guilty from the start of this whole travesty. Really, they deliberated hard...for 4 hours?!? They were looking for any reason to find him guilty and when the prosecution failed to prove it, they just decided that they would make up some more stuff and 'fill in the blanks'.

Shame on them.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Fri May 09, 2014 6:02 am

Free Russ wrote:I just wish that the lies would have ended with the ending of the trial.

Now, with the Chris Hayes interview of the jurors, I can see that they are only continuing the example that PA Askey showed them when she prosecuted this case entirely on lies. The two jurors that have come forward are now making up new falsehoods that were never even brought up in trial. I wonder if they even realize that their process of 'filling in the blanks' was actually a way for them to systematically justify enslaving an innocent man into the prison system? Those 'blanks' have another name--Reasonable Doubt. In essence, they convinced each other to destroy this man's life by lying to one another and deciding to then believe in those lies. I've heard from others that have had contact with them that these people are continuing the 'campaign of lies' by making up even more things about the alibi witnesses and Russ (that weren't even brought up in trial) and talking to others about these lies as if they are truth. They had best be very careful about these actions...

Enough with the lies. Are the alibi witnesses the only people that were on the stand and told the truth during that trial? The more I look at this the more that I feel this was a 'setup' from the beginning. The prosecution nor the jury appears to have had any interest in finding Russell anything but guilty from the start of this whole travesty. Really, they deliberated hard...for 4 hours?!? They were looking for any reason to find him guilty and when the prosecution failed to prove it, they just decided that they would make up some more stuff and 'fill in the blanks'.

Shame on them.

That's such an brilliant point. Your final summary.

However what was not brought up in the trial must have been brought up in the jury room! At the very least these two jurors were brave enough to go on national television and retract their decision. I can not see why this is not a good thing. That is an excellent outcome.

If you go back to one of my first posts when the thread started I outlined some of the reasons for the juries decision taken from the dateline documentary.

Here it is:
The Jury:
First vote 6-6
After 4 hours the remaining 6 were talked into a guilty decision.

What was discussed was:
It was clear the defence attorney was pointing at someone else as a suspect.
They discussed that suspect. They were talked out of it.

The reasons for the guilty finding.
Alibi was not believed.
55 stab wounds indicate rage.
Bloody slippers.
Police say there was a trail of blood leading to a kitchen drawer.

The alibi was not believed. In this instance we now know the reasoning behind that. It was said it was too good to be true. I am not sure what the benchmark is for the psychological belief in an alibi. However what was missing when the jurors decided this was the 'timeline', the Jurors did not know the time of death.

That was a big issue for the jurors and one chief reason why they want a re investigation and new trial. My reasoning is that they had difficulty measuring the alibi without a proper timeline. Had the time of death been established at trial it would have been much easier to understand the alibi. Without that time the timeline must be guessed, hence it is not so much believing the alibi witnesses, as it is to how pertinent every detail is to try formalise such a volatile timeline. The alibi was so perfect it seemed; yet without a time of death it might have seemed just too perfect.

Less weight was given to the alibi witness statements concerning exact time's because the jurors were nervous or sceptical of this evidence, because at the time of the trial the jurors did not have a time of death and therefore did not have a timeline to work from. The prosecution by hiding so much exculpatory evidence made the alibi witnesses testimony make or break the case. From the jurors perspective that may have seemed a little too convenient that essentially You guys were determining Russ fate.

Then let's not forget that the prosecution all but accused you guys of being accomplices and seriously undermined your credibility.That is why it seemed like a set up, because in a way it was. The prosecution were having a field day with the evidence and suppressing so much exculpatory evidence that Russ fate fell to the alibi testimony so the prosecution attacked it venomously. It would have been like shooting fish in barrel.

I hope more jurors realise this and come forward and we should welcome them and try understand the position they were put in that led to Russ wrongful conviction. They are victims of this fraud as much as everyone else.

The jurors were looking for alternatives to Russ. They were searching to create timeline around the time of death. It was Russ friends word against the prosecutions or so they thought. I think reasonable doubt is sometimes viewed with cynicism and never so much so as in this case. All the jurors had was a dead body, a spouse who is always the prime suspect, his bloody slipper's thrown in a cupboard and without the time of death a potential opportunity to commit the crime and the insurance money as a motive.

We know from Dateline and the Jurors they interviewed and from FOX news and the Jurors they interviewed that there was something important which the jury were searching for, that is an alternative, if Russ is simply a suspect by circumstance then who else is a suspect? Only now do we know there was a suspect, and even a substantial motive and a real opportunity which corresponding to the mobile phone records of that suspect there is a very real alternative to weigh against the circumstances Russ found himself in. Then the revelation that the time of death was known despite the assistant DA claiming it was a complete unknown. That Time of death would likely have authenticated the timeline and brought weight to the alibi witnesses and the reality Russ found himself. Caught in a lie there is so little credibility now for the prosecution who were the culprits responsible for undermining the alibi witness credibility in the first place.

This turns the case completely upside down. Judge's will usually give great significance to a previous decision of a jury no matter how ridiculous. There is nothing you want more in a miscarriage of justice then for a juror to express that they would not have decided a guilty plea if they had of known of the suppressed evidence. That is the golden rule for getting a new trial.

Honestly you want these jurors to come out and speak out and retract their decision. That is the strongest foundation ever for this wrongful conviction to be considered for investigation. The more they speak out the better, what seems hurtful to you may mean something significantly different in the interpretation of all the facts. The more information the jurors make public the better.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Free Russ » Fri May 09, 2014 5:08 pm

You are right McGirr.

It's very difficult for me to separate the logical side of my brain from the emotional side when it comes to all issues related to this case for many reasons that you probably can guess. I know that it is a good thing that these jurors are coming out and expressing something even though it's not what I want to hear. I know that I want to forgive these people for all that they have done and said and continue to say...I'm just not there yet. I'm trying though. I want to step above the anger and free myself of the burden of caring what these people think, say and do. Very soon I will likely try to reach out to them and let them know what kind of people we are and implore them to ask me anything that they want. We have nothing to hide and are genuinely decent, normal people and not at all the monsters that we've all been made out to be (Russ included in this statement).

I will never stop working to help my friend and already I'm coming to grips with the evil actions that people do--realizing that good people sometimes make very bad decisions. I must try to believe that these jurors are good people even though they continue to slander us apparently. I'll get there eventually...
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Sat May 10, 2014 1:26 am

Free Russ wrote:You are right McGirr.

It's very difficult for me to separate the logical side of my brain from the emotional side when it comes to all issues related to this case for many reasons that you probably can guess. I know that it is a good thing that these jurors are coming out and expressing something even though it's not what I want to hear. I know that I want to forgive these people for all that they have done and said and continue to say...I'm just not there yet. I'm trying though. I want to step above the anger and free myself of the burden of caring what these people think, say and do. Very soon I will likely try to reach out to them and let them know what kind of people we are and implore them to ask me anything that they want. We have nothing to hide and are genuinely decent, normal people and not at all the monsters that we've all been made out to be (Russ included in this statement).

I will never stop working to help my friend and already I'm coming to grips with the evil actions that people do--realizing that good people sometimes make very bad decisions. I must try to believe that these jurors are good people even though they continue to slander us apparently. I'll get there eventually...

I of course empathise, and I hope you keep up the good work. If there is anyone who does not have doubts about Russ guilt then they have not familiarised themselves with all the facts. I understand that the Jurors should be as concerned about the the truth that has been uncovered and the revelations that have surfaced because they were an important part of the decision making process. When they have examined all of the facts that have surfaced they will eventually re evaluate those decisions. There is no guarantee that every juror will familiarise themselves with all the new facts and a few may well cling to some petty prejudices they developed during the trial. However if they choose to voice those prejudices they will eventually have to confront the reality that the world has taken notice of Russ Faria and the fact he was wrongly convicted. They spent 4 hours deliberating, society will spend many months and years deliberating. Society has a responsibility to ensure innocent people are not wrongly convicted. Society is constitutionally and morally bound to act on a miscarriage of justice.

Statistically there is a high correlation of 80% showing that if a Judge holds a bias that bias will transfer over to the Jury. A jury is a sworn body of people convened to render an impartial verdict. A verdict is a formal finding of fact on matters or questions submitted to the Jury by a Judge. In light of the facts that have emerged the Russ Faria verdict is no longer safe. While that verdict will always remain legally valid even when a new verdict is reached such is the the law. Even when a new panels of jurors overturn the conviction and find Russ innocent the original verdict that was given in the first case will remain legally valid.

In light of the biased decision of the Judge to suppress facts and these facts the jury were made unaware of then we can see why the verdict is not impartial.

Impartiality (also called evenhandedness or fair-mindedness) is a principle of justice holding that decisions should be based on objective criteria, rather than on the basis of bias, prejudice, or preferring the benefit to one person over another for improper reasons.

The Jurors should not be defending their verdict if there was prejudice in the court proceedings. That would be foolhardy. What is done is done and nothing can change that verdict now. In light of the facts that have emerged it is obvious that the matters or questions given to the jury by the judge would now at this time be significantly different matters and questions on which the jury would have to deliberate.

I would expect the Jurors can only now realise that there was prejudice and bias they were unaware of and should not feel slighted or defensive about the verdict. The verdict was wrong because the matters and questions were biased and prejudiced. There is no shame, they should be quite happy to accept that the questions put to them were prejudiced and bias in light of the new evidence.

That is how the criminal justice system works. They should be very much campaigning for a new trial for Russ. They should be pro active and impartial.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Free Russ » Mon May 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I think I'm almost ready to contact these jurors, or if failing to find their emails, write an open letter to the Lincoln County Journal addressing the jurors.

I want to move past what they've done to my friend and try to have a conversation with the ones that have come out in hopes of it reaching all of the jurors--not just the ones that came on TV to be interviewed. I think it could be instrumental in forcing a successful appeal if I can get as many of the jurors to learn that they were lied to as possible and for them to express how they feel about it. The more that come out the better. It will be much harder for me to convince his close family to refrain from attacking them verbally though...and I can completely understand where they are coming from, but again I will try. I can sense though that it will be critical to show the jurors that there is comfort in 'doing the right thing' and attacking them verbally will do me no good in showing that at all. I've started a letter that I hope to get to them via the reporter that interviewed them and I intend not to attack them at all, but I will be frank and honest and at least let them know that there is a way over to the 'right side'. It'll probably take me a week to get it perfected, but I will get some kind of a message to jurors...hopefully privately, but if not, then publicly in the Journal.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Mon May 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Free Russ wrote:I think I'm almost ready to contact these jurors, or if failing to find their emails, write an open letter to the Lincoln County Journal addressing the jurors.

I want to move past what they've done to my friend and try to have a conversation with the ones that have come out in hopes of it reaching all of the jurors--not just the ones that came on TV to be interviewed. I think it could be instrumental in forcing a successful appeal if I can get as many of the jurors to learn that they were lied to as possible and for them to express how they feel about it. The more that come out the better. It will be much harder for me to convince his close family to refrain from attacking them verbally though...and I can completely understand where they are coming from, but again I will try. I can sense though that it will be critical to show the jurors that there is comfort in 'doing the right thing' and attacking them verbally will do me no good in showing that at all. I've started a letter that I hope to get to them via the reporter that interviewed them and I intend not to attack them at all, but I will be frank and honest and at least let them know that there is a way over to the 'right side'. It'll probably take me a week to get it perfected, but I will get some kind of a message to jurors...hopefully privately, but if not, then publicly in the Journal.

I think that is a good idea, and it would be more effective if you could have legal counsel or other suitable person, a priest or cleric to mediate those communications. I know this is a long shot but getting an innocent project or someone like Darryl Hunt to write to these people on your behalf. As you were a witness who testified, to personally write them may cloud the issue as to whether you are bringing up what happened during the trial i.e the verdict which can never be changed or whether you are appealing to them/compelling them to take action.

That is just my opinion on it Free Russ. You should do what your heart and mind tells you to do.
I wonder would injustice anywhere do this?
I also feel that this case should be assessed and made an official part of Injustice Anywhere.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Sarah » Mon May 12, 2014 7:53 pm

McGirr wrote:I also feel that this case should be assessed and made an official part of Injustice Anywhere.

IA's case load is full at the moment, probably too full to be honest. We could possibly make this a 'Profiled Case' which is an endorsement but not active dedication with time. We would need someone to write up an extremely clear case profile that we can post with a link and photo of Russ.

Many of our Featured cases start as profiled and move up if there is room. Nyki Kish use to be profiled for example.

The case would have the forum to organize and the help of any members who are interested in helping along with the endorsement.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby McGirr » Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Sarah wrote:
McGirr wrote:I also feel that this case should be assessed and made an official part of Injustice Anywhere.

IA's case load is full at the moment, probably too full to be honest. We could possibly make this a 'Profiled Case' which is an endorsement but not active dedication with time. We would need someone to write up an extremely clear case profile that we can post with a link and photo of Russ.

Many of our Featured cases start as profiled and move up if there is room. Nyki Kish use to be profiled for example.

The case would have the forum to organize and the help of any members who are interested in helping along with the endorsement.

Great, that's a start, thank you
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby McGirr » Tue May 13, 2014 4:09 pm

We require a Case profile, this will be an excellent opportunity to get as many of the facts as possible. I would be honoured to help with this. Free Russ what do you think. We could have the case a dedicated part of IFA. When we have done this we would be in an much better position for an independent and fact filled to approach the Jurors.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Free Russ » Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 am

That sounds great to me.

Anything that brings more awareness to Russ's story and ultimately helps in facilitating his release I am willing to try. However, I was only at trial for the very short time that I testified. I do know many of the facts of the case and I know many people that were in court the entire time. I will start putting together an outline of a possible case profile tonight. Since I wasn't in court the entire time, I feel that I will likely have to run anything that gets written by Russ's defense atty. Joel Schwartz so that he can check it for accuracy. Any help you'd be willing to give me in this McGirr, I would be greatly appreciative of. Until this travesty I knew nothing of the justice system aside what most people see on TV or learn about in school--I had no idea that they went after innocent people with such ferocity as often as they apparently do, nor did I think that investigators would be so closed minded and only focus on one person even with all the evidence showing that he could not have done this.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Wed May 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Free Russ wrote:That sounds great to me.

Anything that brings more awareness to Russ's story and ultimately helps in facilitating his release I am willing to try. However, I was only at trial for the very short time that I testified. I do know many of the facts of the case and I know many people that were in court the entire time. I will start putting together an outline of a possible case profile tonight. Since I wasn't in court the entire time, I feel that I will likely have to run anything that gets written by Russ's defense atty. Joel Schwartz so that he can check it for accuracy. Any help you'd be willing to give me in this McGirr, I would be greatly appreciative of. Until this travesty I knew nothing of the justice system aside what most people see on TV or learn about in school--I had no idea that they went after innocent people with such ferocity as often as they apparently do, nor did I think that investigators would be so closed minded and only focus on one person even with all the evidence showing that he could not have done this.

Great,

Can we get as many links up as we can just to generate all the different files. Where can we get the court transcripts of the first trial?

DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR JUDGEMENT OF ACQUITAL NOTWITHSTANDING THE VERDICT, OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

Appeals Court overturns 3 recent cases involving Faria judge
http://fox2now.com/2014/05/07/appeals-c ... ria-judge/

911 operator Tammy Vaughan,
https://www.facebook.com/notes/free-rus ... 6573293327
Note: I have to follow this up with previous cases,

http://www.gofundme.com/7or96o

https://www.facebook.com/FreeRussFaria?fref=ts
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Who's lying here?

Postby lane99 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

erasmus44 wrote:

Full video:

Watch on youtube.com

Speaking of wondering if people can do anything right, it is unclear to me who authored the highlighted text. It appears to show McGirr as the author, although I can not find those sentences in McGirr's original post.

At any rate, to whomever wrote it, what lie are you claiming was made by the prosecutor's office here? For indeed whether it is telling a lie- or accusing someone of lying- I see no point in doing so when it's obvious the first person who scratches the surface of it will discover the deception.
lane99

Re: Who's lying here?

Postby McGirr » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

lane99 wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:

Full video:

Speaking of wondering if people can do anything right, it is unclear to me who authored the highlighted text. It appears to show McGirr as the author, although I can not find those sentences in McGirr's original post.

At any rate, to whomever wrote it, what lie are you claiming was made by the prosecutor's office here? For indeed whether it is telling a lie- or accusing someone of lying- I see no point in doing so when it's obvious the first person who scratches the surface of it will discover the deception.

The supervisor of the 911 call centre did not take the call but took the stand and testified.The prosecution hoodwinked the jury and the Jury were led to believe that the 911 operator who took the call felt it was strange. This was not true and misleading. Tammy Vaughan was the operator who took the call and the evidence given at the trial was completely false and untrue. If you wish to play the link it is quite self explanatory.

You can argue semantics all you like but it was very misleading evidence and untrue and it can be literally anything that sways a juror to find a guilty verdict which makes it very unsafe evidence. Unnecessary underhanded tactics by the prosecution and should never have been allowed.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby lane99 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:01 am

I'm assuming the allegation in the quote I highlighted is yours, then. However what you claimed happened, never did. The court was not given the impression that the supervisor took the call. And if the defense felt there was any relevance to the personal opinion of the 911 operator, they only needed to call her as a witness.

Quite ironic that you wondered why anyone would tell a lie which is easily debunked. For the same question might apply to your original post.
lane99

Postby McGirr » Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 pm

lane99 wrote:I'm assuming the allegation in the quote I highlighted is yours, then. However what you claimed happened, never did. The court was not given the impression that the supervisor took the call. And if the defense felt there was any relevance to the personal opinion of the 911 operator, they only needed to call her as a witness.

Quite ironic that you wondered why anyone would tell a lie which is easily debunked. For the same question might apply to your original post.

The court was given the impression that the supervisor was conveying the perception of being involved in the call. We both agree you cannot give false evidence, and we know that definitely you cannot give false evidence on behalf of someone else.We can agree on that.

How are the defence meant to know whom took the call or even why it was relevant without knowing if the evidence was going to be a 911 supervisors perception of that call. I would say it is usually quite routine to play 911 recorded calls at court and not unusual to have an operator on standby as witness. The supervisor could have been telling the truth for all the defence knew, but it just happened that the testimony as presented was misleading and as it happens completely untrue. The supervisor was not involved in the call, and Tammy Vaughan refutes what the supervisor testified too. If the call was so strange she would have discussed it with the operator who is the person on the call.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Free Russ » Fri May 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Alright, I've found out a little information.

Apparently, Russ's counsel is still awaiting the full minutes from the trial. Until these are provided, Russ's appeal really can't go anywhere from what I understand. I hope to touch base with him again soon and try to see when he expects to see these transcripts. I've also put word out to all Russ's supporters that were involved with the case or present during the trial to get me information concerning the investigation and trial from their point of view. I will go over all this information and mesh it together with the stuff that I know to put together an objective amalgam of all the information to make an overview from start of the investigation to finish of the trial. That is the point at which I plan to contact Russ's attorney again and have him read over the write-up to check for accuracy and then I will provide it to this forum.

Should I mention the 'other person' that I don't like to talk about in this overview? If so, how do I mention this person without opening myself to a lawsuit (which she's already threatened against me if I talk about her)?
Free Russ

Postby lonepinealex » Tue May 20, 2014 10:55 am

Free Russ wrote:Alright, I've found out a little information.

Apparently, Russ's counsel is still awaiting the full minutes from the trial. Until these are provided, Russ's appeal really can't go anywhere from what I understand. I hope to touch base with him again soon and try to see when he expects to see these transcripts. I've also put word out to all Russ's supporters that were involved with the case or present during the trial to get me information concerning the investigation and trial from their point of view. I will go over all this information and mesh it together with the stuff that I know to put together an objective amalgam of all the information to make an overview from start of the investigation to finish of the trial. That is the point at which I plan to contact Russ's attorney again and have him read over the write-up to check for accuracy and then I will provide it to this forum.

Should I mention the 'other person' that I don't like to talk about in this overview? If so, how do I mention this person without opening myself to a lawsuit (which she's already threatened against me if I talk about her)?

Good question - here in the UK our libel laws are insane, the US is more protected by freedom of speech legislation. But I don't know to what extent. Are you in touch with anyone at Fox 2 who might be able to advise? They've mentioned other people in their reports...
lonepinealex

Postby Grayhawker » Tue May 20, 2014 1:19 pm

lane99 wrote:I'm assuming the allegation in the quote I highlighted is yours, then. However what you claimed happened, never did. The court was not given the impression that the supervisor took the call. And if the defense felt there was any relevance to the personal opinion of the 911 operator, they only needed to call her as a witness.

Ignore any comments from this person.

To lane99, all people convicted in a trial are guilty and the police never make a mistake and all prosecuters are motivated by a divine call to put all humankind first above their careers and egos.

In reality, lane99 is simply a closed-minded person that has chosen to stare at the legal system through a tunnel that ignores any and all facts that would contradict a conviction. This person wants a nice tidy world where they can sleep well at night beause there are no corrupt police, no incompetent forensic investigators, that detectives would never coerce a confession, that prosecutors would never withhold evidence that would raise reasonable doubt and judges are never politically motivated.

God forbid that lane99 ever have to experience firsthand that those expectations are no where near a reality.
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby Sarah » Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm

I watched the Dateline episode on this case this week. A very interesting case. A solid alibi with multiple witnesses who are 'working together' to help friend Russ get away with murder. A very smelly case.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby McGirr » Thu May 29, 2014 12:04 am

Sarah wrote:I watched the Dateline episode on this case this week. A very interesting case. A solid alibi with multiple witnesses who are 'working together' to help friend Russ get away with murder. A very smelly case.

We are working on the case profile as we speak; just putting the framework together. This case really stings the olfactory nerves with an acrid smell that an otorhinolaryngologist would diagnose a Miscarriage of Justice.

This is also a good Report from a joint investigation from Fox 2 (Chris Hayes) and St Louis Post dispatch(Robert Patrick):

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 033c8.html
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:01 am

I hope to do an article on this soon. I have been sidetracked by various issues and I also hope to get access to more info on the case. One thing to consider here is that this may have been a murder for hire situation dressed up to look like a crime of passion. I know this complicates things but I have recently been surprised by the number of murder for hire attempts and I guess I am slowly learning that it may be more of a common phenomenon than I had imagined.
erasmus44

Postby lonepinealex » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 am

I'm really looking forward to hearing more on this from you guys. Good work!
lonepinealex

Postby Free Russ » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm sorry for my absence from this forum for the past few weeks. Along with this Faria trial mess, I have a family to take care of and I've been spending a lot of time with my son until he left just a few days ago to stay with his grandparents in the country for a while over the summer.

I've completed a very short overview of the case/trial. It is obviously missing stuff, but to go over everything would require many, many pages of writing and I just don't think that many people would sit and read all of it. However, it does point on many of the most interesting points of the story. But, I'm afraid that my bias likely shows through in the writing. I have it copied below and would like to have any help that any of you could offer me so that we could put on overview up and get Russ's case going down the 'right path'.

OVERVIEW

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 appeared to be like any other Tuesday night for Russell Faria. As he'd been doing for several years, he showed up at a friends house at 6:00pm and instead of playing games like they usually did, him and his friends instead watched a couple of movies. This wasn't that unusual since one of their number was missing that night, having to work due to a hectic holiday schedule. By all accounts, it was a boring night--the movies were hit and miss and aside from them all partaking in a little marijuana, nothing of any note happened. As was usual, Russell left the house at 9:00pm.

On his way to the highway to begin his 30 mile trek home, Russ decided to stop by a local drive-thru to pick up a late dinner. His reciept from that drive-thru places him there at almost exactly 9:10pm. Arriving at home at 9:40-9:45pm he was confronted with the horrific scene of his wife Betsy's lifeless and mangled body lying on the living room floor. Knowing that she'd talked of suicide in the past due to her terminal cancer condition and seeing the deep slashes in her wrists, Russ's shock at what he was seeing made him think that she must have done the unthinkable and killed herself. While the murder weapon, a kitchen knife, was embedded in his wifes neck, the shock of such a tragic loss kept him from even noticing this extremely odd thing that should have tipped him off to the fact that this was definitely foul play. Immediately he called 911 and talked to the dispatcher for quite some time making it painfully obvious that he was nearly inconsolable with grief.

Before Police even arrived, the paramedic first responder arrived on the scene. From his own account he described Betsy Faria's body as "cold and stiff" when he arrived--pointing to Betsy's murder having to have occurred at some point at least 2 hours previous. That day Betsy was having therapy for her cancer that left her weak and a friend of hers had offered to bring her home. At the completion of Betsy's treatment, suddenly another friend of Betsy's, Pam Hupp, showed up unannounced and insisted that she bring Betsy home from the treatment. Agitated, though not wanting to start a scene, the first friend relented and let Pam Hupp take Betsy home. By Pam Hupp's own account, she was the last person to see Betsy alive, though her story changes a couple of times. Originally, she told the police that she had dropped Betsy off at 7 and then left to go home without entering the house. However, as she was questioned further by authorities, her story changed to having gone into the house and helped Betsy out with some things, thus delaying her departure by a few minutes. According to what she told authorities, she then called Betsy at about 7:30pm to let her know that she had made it home but that the call went unanswered. However, at trial, Russ's defense was able to show that the phone call that was made by Ms. Hupp to let Betsy know she was home actually pinged off of the cell tower just behind the Faria home and 30 miles away from the Hupp home. Further, it was discovered that Ms. Hupp had become the sole beneficiary of a $150,000 life insurance policy on Betsy Faria just days before the murder. At trial, Judge Chris Kunza Mennemeyer would not allow the jury to hear any evidence related to Pam Hupp--she sent them out of the courtroom.

From the beginning, the Lincoln County justice system considered Russ Faria the main suspect. He was arrested after being kept up all night during interrogation. His alibi witnesses, living in a different county, were interviewed on 2 different occasions, all separated from each other and were found by the St. Louis Major Case Squad to have no involvment in the crime. During closing at the trial however, Prosecuting Attorney Leah Askey created a complicated and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory claiming that this was all planned out by Russ and his friends over years of time. There is and never will be any evidence of this, as it is a complete falsehood. In fact, cell phone records would show that all the alibi witnesses and Russ Faria were doing exactly as they had said that night from 6:00-9:00pm--sitting in a house 30 miles away from the crime scene. PA Askey never informed the jury that the alibi witnesses had never been considered suspects nor would they ever be and the Judge let her get away with telling this completely fabricated story that could not be defended against since it was made up during the closing arguments of the trial. Lincoln County offficials now will not talk about any of this, since doing so would open them up to the inevitable lawsuits from those that PA Askey slandered.

To this day, Pam Hupp has still not turned over the $150,000 to Betsy's daughters, to whom the money was supposed to have gone.
Free Russ

Postby lonepinealex » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:26 am

Hi Free Russ, thanks for the case overview, it's really good. I actually do think it could use a little more detail and clarification on some points. I'll make some notes and post them later, if that's alright with you?
lonepinealex

Postby Free Russ » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm hoping that others will help me with this.

I've always been a good writer and did much of it in college, but I find it hard to write about this subject without my emotions taking over.

I received another piece of anonymous mail at my work today with a copy of a document that is appalling to me. This document details a relationship of some people that became involved with the case and it sickens me to read it as it was apparently written by one of said people. I cannot say much about this document as the defense attorney now wants a copy of it and I will let him decide how to best utilize this information. Once he has verified and made use of this information I will be publicly posting this document if it indeed is genuine. If it is true, I am shocked at the ridiculousness and seediness of those involved.

Please give me feedback and tweak what I've written in the overview--I know it's not my best writing by far, but I find it so difficult to try and separate myself from this tragedy and write objectively.
Free Russ

Postby lonepinealex » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 am

Hey Free Russ, sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.

As I said, I think it's really good - hopefully some other members will have some ideas for it as well.

I feel that a couple of points need extra emphasis, to drive home how ludicrous this case is:

- Firstly the relationship of Pam Hupp to Betsy. As I understand it she'd only recently rekindled the supposed friendship? Is that right? Worth mentioning if so. Also being absolutely clear on the events that afternoon evening - who was supposed to pick Betsy up from the hospital, the calls and texts and timeline of what actually happened etc.

- Secondly following on from the prosecutor's crazy theory in the summing up. For her theory to be plausible all the alibis would be guilty of participating in the crime - if that's her argument, why have you guys not been arrested? And is it really likely that not one of you would have cracked and turned Russ in if there really was such a conspiracy? It doesn't hold up to any kind of scrutiny, and so her theory really needs to be thoroughly demolished. The jury presumably voted on the strength of that theory - or are we missing something? - in which case, are they now aware that none of the supposed co-conspirators have been arrested?

Hope that makes sense!
lonepinealex

Postby Free Russ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I will take the points you made and re-work the overview some more. I'd love to put in ALL the information that I know about this case, but that would be far too long of a posting and would likely be overlooked by those looking for a quick synopsis. Honestly, the more that anyone looks at all the information and pieces together all of the scattered fragments of fact, the crazier this case becomes. This case is crying for a book to be written about it. I also believe that there is still evidence out there, but it will take some digging to get to it.

After seeing everything that happened at trial I find it odd that the only people seemingly telling the truth in that Lincoln County courtroom were the witnesses and experts presented by the defense. Never in my life would I have imagined that a professional like a PA would stand up there in court and openly lie about innocent human beings...and she had to likely know that not only the alibis, but Russ as well were all innocent of all those things being said about them/us. They lied to us and wouldn't tell us any kind of a timeline from the start and made us doubt our friend, but it won't happen again. Now we've just learned that it's the authorities that aren't to be trusted. Those that we pay to Protect & Serve at all levels sometimes lack the integrity, humanity and morality to even shine my boots.

Any others want to chime in on things to add or change about the overview?

Thanks lonepinealex.
Free Russ

Postby Free Russ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm going to have the re-worked overview of the case up within the next couple of days.

In other news...Pam Hupp herself must've seen that I posted a reply to a story on STLtoday.com and had to immediately attack me. I actually caught her in a lie (either that or she perjured herself on the stand). I won't go into exactly which part in question I am talking about because she could be trolling this site as well, but if you want to see the back and forth follow the link below.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... d7e92448e8

Be aware that some people on Free Russ Faria FB page are not able to view her comments anymore, though I can (perhaps because I pinned them on my FB page). I have taken screenshots of the entire conversation though and started emailing them to important people. Who knows if it would make a difference, but you can see just how psycho she is in the back and forth.
Free Russ

Postby lane99 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Free Russ wrote:...In other news...Pam Hupp herself must've seen that I posted a reply to a story on STLtoday.com and had to immediately attack me...

She did not immediately attack you. You immediately attacked her. She then replied in kind.

In other, other news, not only Pam Hupp, but it seems your hunts are identifying a growing list of witches in the area.
lane99

Postby Free Russ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 pm

lane99....

I attacked her huh?

By using the term 'peanut gallery' or by questioning her?

Are you aware that 'peanut gallery' is simply a term to describe someone who's comments and opinions you don't care about? Really. Most people remember it from 'Howdy Doody'...I would hardly call their use of that term an 'attack'. Certainly not the personal attacks that she leveled against me before I finally got tired of the back and forth and called her out on her inconsistent testimony and then finally told her what I really think of her.

Why don't you tell us all what you think happened on Dec. 27, 2011. Also, please tell me about the 'hunts' that I am on...this is the first I've heard of it.
Free Russ

Postby McGirr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Free Russ wrote:I'm hoping that others will help me with this.

I've always been a good writer and did much of it in college, but I find it hard to write about this subject without my emotions taking over.

I received another piece of anonymous mail at my work today with a copy of a document that is appalling to me. This document details a relationship of some people that became involved with the case and it sickens me to read it as it was apparently written by one of said people. I cannot say much about this document as the defense attorney now wants a copy of it and I will let him decide how to best utilize this information. Once he has verified and made use of this information I will be publicly posting this document if it indeed is genuine. If it is true, I am shocked at the ridiculousness and seediness of those involved.

Please give me feedback and tweak what I've written in the overview--I know it's not my best writing by far, but I find it so difficult to try and separate myself from this tragedy and write objectively.

Hi Free Russ,

My apologies for the long delay, I have as of yet been unable to get the court transcripts. I will post a basic case summary in the next few day's.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Free Russ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Yea, this is a problem.

I've had discussions with several people 'in the know' about this lack of transcripts and it appears that there is an exceptionally long delay for some reason or another. I've heard that there is a 'disagreement' on it. Hopefully this will be released soon and not be missing the Closing Arguments. This is why I think they do not want to release them--the PA's slanderous attack against the alibi witnesses will be in print and then they could be in hot water. I cite as evidence of this the fact that the original Topix forum that I started immediately after the trial (with lots of anonymous posters), inviting the community to question me and prove the state's case disappeared the night after Dateline aired. I've been informed that a hot topic like that can only be removed by the order of law enforcement. I BELIEVE that the PA and/or others DIRECTLY involved with the case were attacking me online and saying the same things to me then that were said in the courtroom throughout the trial. Since a subpoena for IP addresses would show where the comments originated from, somebody(s) wanted it removed quickly. With it went PAGES of comments attacking me and seeming to know an awful lot about the case as well as some commenters saying interesting things in the same way that Ms. Hupp speaks. There was a lot of information on that topic, replete with details that never came out in trial.

I don't know why these people would do this, but I'm not the only one that believes this either. Luckily, there was a courtroom full of people and a reporter and they know what was said. If there is anything missing from the transcripts, I predict it will erupt a firestorm--hopefully they aren't so stupid as to do such a thing.
Free Russ

Postby Free Russ » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:26 pm

I found out earlier this week that my application to visit Russ in prison had been approved! So I went and visited him today with his mother and aunt. It was so nice to speak with him again and our friendship simply continued as if we'd just seen each other yesterday. His spirits are high and he is doing very well, but this must not be allowed to continue indefinitely as it has thus far. Still there is no indication that Lincoln County will be forthcoming with the court transcripts and I fear that they will attempt to simply 'run down the clock' until they are finally forced to release them by the state. He was wrongfully convicted in a sham trial and now subject to the blatant foot dragging of the justice system that intentionally holds him captive simply because it is more convenient for them that way.

Hopefully we can visit again next weekend...we've got lots of lost time to go over and I hope to get a photo with him then. I would hope that if I had to endure such circumstances that I would maintain half the attitude and dignity that Russell showed me today. He will be free--let's just hope it doesn't take the usual 20 years that many of these types of cases seem to take to get all sorted out.
Free Russ

Postby MichaelB » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Free Russ wrote:I found out earlier this week that my application to visit Russ in prison had been approved! So I went and visited him today with his mother and aunt. It was so nice to speak with him again and our friendship simply continued as if we'd just seen each other yesterday. His spirits are high and he is doing very well, but this must not be allowed to continue indefinitely as it has thus far. Still there is no indication that Lincoln County will be forthcoming with the court transcripts and I fear that they will attempt to simply 'run down the clock' until they are finally forced to release them by the state. He was wrongfully convicted in a sham trial and now subject to the blatant foot dragging of the justice system that intentionally holds him captive simply because it is more convenient for them that way.

Hopefully we can visit again next weekend...we've got lots of lost time to go over and I hope to get a photo with him then. I would hope that if I had to endure such circumstances that I would maintain half the attitude and dignity that Russell showed me today. He will be free--let's just hope it doesn't take the usual 20 years that many of these types of cases seem to take to get all sorted out.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby lonepinealex » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:18 am

Free Russ wrote:I found out earlier this week that my application to visit Russ in prison had been approved! So I went and visited him today with his mother and aunt. It was so nice to speak with him again and our friendship simply continued as if we'd just seen each other yesterday. His spirits are high and he is doing very well, but this must not be allowed to continue indefinitely as it has thus far. Still there is no indication that Lincoln County will be forthcoming with the court transcripts and I fear that they will attempt to simply 'run down the clock' until they are finally forced to release them by the state. He was wrongfully convicted in a sham trial and now subject to the blatant foot dragging of the justice system that intentionally holds him captive simply because it is more convenient for them that way.

I'm glad to hear that he's holding up, and that you're able to visit him. Keep us updated, it's good to know that things are still happening and that progress is being made. I hope it won't take 20 years too - I think mostly those decades-old cases tend to be overturned because of new DNA evidence from modern testing. With this being a recent case hopefully circumstances will be different.
lonepinealex

Postby McGirr » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Great News, We don't need the court transcripts to do a basic summary anyway's. Just to get the ball rolling. It is a hard slog going back through all of the articles and trying to piece together a decent summary. Once that's done we can always amend it as appropriate until everyone's happy. Eventually the court transcripts will arrive but i would say the appeal transcript which we do have is sufficient for now.

Then when the court transcripts do arrive we can analyse them carefully.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

PreviousNext

Return to Russ Faria Case