Pam Hupp

Pam Hupp

Postby Sinsaint » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:11 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/prosecu ... me-n636841

Anyone want to suggest Pam Hupp for our support?
Sinsaint

Re: Pam Hupp

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:22 pm

This could turn out to be the basis for a movie script. Who plays Pam Hupp and who plays Russ? I kinda like Louis CK for Russ here.
erasmus44

Postby Sinsaint » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Poor woman. I'm sure it's just a huge misunderstanding.
Sinsaint

Postby Samson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Hopefully she'll give the kids the money now. It ain't no use to her anymore. :sadno:
Justice is an issue not a word. Find one issue that isn't fair and change that, and that's justice.
Samson

Postby Desert Fox » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

What, you think she has not already spent it? If not, whatever is left will likely go into legal fees.
Desert Fox

Postby Sinsaint » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Samson wrote:Hopefully she'll give the kids the money now. It ain't no use to her anymore. :sadno:

She claimed in a deposition she bought a house with it. The kids should be able to seize the assets to at least recoup some of their money. Hopefully their attorney acts quickly before she attempts to liquidate her assets.
Sinsaint

Postby charlie_wilkes » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:36 pm

I smell a Zellner-grade claim against LE.
charlie_wilkes

Postby Samson » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 am

charlie_wilkes wrote:I smell a Zellner-grade claim against LE.

Charlie, I would be intrigued by anything further you might offer on the case. I realise the crimes don't need solving, but there is human interest to be explored, and where Pam should be located in the pantheon of American criminal history.
Justice is an issue not a word. Find one issue that isn't fair and change that, and that's justice.
Samson

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:17 am

Samson wrote:

Charlie, I would be intrigued by anything further you might offer on the case. I realise the crimes don't need solving, but there is human interest to be explored, and where Pam should be located in the pantheon of American criminal history.

I blame the cops . . . .Locking on to Russ at first is understandable but they need to be willing and able to follow the evidence once they see that there are issues.
Desert Fox

Postby McGirr » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 am

His Grey eminence and lane99 might be interested in taking on this project, as they were so convinced that Hupp was telling the truth and Russ was guilty.If i recall we had a few spats with them on the russ thread. Has anyone seen that prick lane99 because he/she has many characteristics similar to Hupp.
This account has 1 valid 'LarryK free Pass'
McGirr

Postby charlie_wilkes » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 am

Samson wrote:

As a criminal, Hupp is unusual but not unique. Most women who become serial killers seem to have a material rather than sexual motive, but they also get some kind of thrill from murdering people. These are women who like drama and devious plots, and Hupp fits that to a T from what I know about her. Ostensibly, she was trying to make it look like Faria had hired someone to kill her, but she had no need for such a ruse. Something else drove her to hatch this scheme and carry it out.

For me, the most interesting aspect of this case is the problem it creates for authorities. They connived at every level, not just to frame someone for a murder he did not commit, but to hide evidence from a jury so as to keep an actual murderer on the street. Now that murderer has struck again. I have seen some vile treachery in the world of criminal justice, but this story really takes the cake. I hope the media reports on whatever civil litigation that comes out of it.
charlie_wilkes

Postby Desert Fox » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:05 am

charlie_wilkes wrote:As a criminal, Hupp is unusual but not unique. Most women who become serial killers seem to have a material rather than sexual motive, but they also get some kind of thrill from murdering people. These are women who like drama and devious plots, and Hupp fits that to a T from what I know about her. Ostensibly, she was trying to make it look like Faria had hired someone to kill her, but she had no need for such a ruse. Something else drove her to hatch this scheme and carry it out.

For me, the most interesting aspect of this case is the problem it creates for authorities. They connived at every level, not just to frame someone for a murder he did not commit, but to hide evidence from a jury so as to keep an actual murderer on the street. Now that murderer has struck again. I have seen some vile treachery in the world of criminal justice, but this story really takes the cake. I hope the media reports on whatever civil litigation that comes out of it.

Actually, I would argue that she might have seen a need for the ruse
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 92ad8.html
The 2011 murder of Elizabeth “Betsy” Faria near Troy, Mo., has been under review by federal prosecutors and Lincoln County investigators for “several months,” prosecutors said in a statement Wednesday.
Desert Fox

Postby lonepinealex » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 am

Also Russ is suing Lincoln County for not investigating Hupp properly, so she had every reason to be worried that she hadn't got away with Betsy's murder.

Latest news is that police have asked people to come forward if they have more information about the death of Hupp's mother in 2013: http://www.kmov.com/story/32851345/poli ... pps-mother

I didn't know about this before: "Detectives ruled the incident an accidental death. But one month later, they received an anonymous email asking them to look into it again. They did and did not find any evidence to suggest anything other than an accident. "

Could this thread be moved into the Russ Faria forum? It's part of the overall story and it's annoying to have separate threads on the go.
lonepinealex

Postby Samson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 am

lonepinealex wrote:Also Russ is suing Lincoln County for not investigating Hupp properly, so she had every reason to be worried that she hadn't got away with Betsy's murder.

Latest news is that police have asked people to come forward if they have more information about the death of Hupp's mother in 2013: http://www.kmov.com/story/32851345/poli ... pps-mother

I didn't know about this before: "Detectives ruled the incident an accidental death. But one month later, they received an anonymous email asking them to look into it again. They did and did not find any evidence to suggest anything other than an accident. "

Could this thread be moved into the Russ Faria forum? It's part of the overall story and it's annoying to have separate threads on the go.

I seem to recall that now. Follow the money I bet. She looks as though she would have the physical measure of frail old mum.
My vote would have to be that Pam Hupp has earned her own thread. Three detached murders fits any definition of serial killer, and apart from a few US governors, we are poorly served these days.
Samson

Postby Desert Fox » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:59 am

Samson wrote:I seem to recall that now. Follow the money I bet. She looks as though she would have the physical measure of frail old mum.
My vote would have to be that Pam Hupp has earned her own thread. Three detached murders fits any definition of serial killer, and apart from a few US governors, we are poorly served these days.

Almost certainly does not belong in the wrongful convictions however
Desert Fox

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:31 am

Interview of Russ involving the new twist this case
http://fox2now.com/2016/08/31/exclusive ... -pam-hupp/

He added, 'I guess it wasn`t until I talked to Joel Schwartz the day after and he kind of said `There`s a good chance you probably were in danger, `so it never really occurred to me until then, I`m like `oh that`s great!` At least it`s after the fact hahaha.'
Desert Fox

Postby Chris_Halkides » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:46 am

I still don't quite get the framing idea. Russ could not be retried for Betsy's murder because of double jeopardy IIUC. Therefore, I don't see how Pam's putative scheme would have worked, unless all she wanted to do was to throw suspicion on him.
Chris_Halkides

Postby lonepinealex » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 am

Chris_Halkides wrote:I still don't quite get the framing idea. Russ could not be retried for Betsy's murder because of double jeopardy IIUC. Therefore, I don't see how Pam's putative scheme would have worked, unless all she wanted to do was to throw suspicion on him.

I think the idea was to frame him for her home invasion / kidnap scenario. She was desperate, and is either stupid or crazy or both - it wasn't thought through, but then neither was her previous crime[s]. She just got lucky up til now, but it looks like the house of cards is about to tumble, with the cops looking into the death of her mother, the feds looking into Betsy's murder and Russ suing Lincoln County LE.
lonepinealex

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:56 am

Chris_Halkides wrote:I still don't quite get the framing idea. Russ could not be retried for Betsy's murder because of double jeopardy IIUC. Therefore, I don't see how Pam's putative scheme would have worked, unless all she wanted to do was to throw suspicion on him.

It looks like Hupp may have been concerned by the continuing investigation of Betsy's death. If she feared that the investigators were looking to her, then she may have thought she could send them down a different path. Attempting to pin it all on Russ was a ploy to help herself, rather than trying to put Russ back in prison.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:15 pm

That is how I see it as well. . . .Trying to keep herself out of prison
Desert Fox

Postby charlie_wilkes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:18 am

Bruce Fischer wrote:

It looks like Hupp may have been concerned by the continuing investigation of Betsy's death. If she feared that the investigators were looking to her, then she may have thought she could send them down a different path. Attempting to pin it all on Russ was a ploy to help herself, rather than trying to put Russ back in prison.

Local authorities gave her every reason to think they would support her no matter what she did. I'm half surprised they didn't play along with this hoax.
charlie_wilkes

Postby Desert Fox » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:19 pm

charlie_wilkes wrote:
Bruce Fischer wrote:

Local authorities gave her every reason to think they would support her no matter what she did. I'm half surprised they didn't play along with this hoax.

Feds are involved and I suspect if they were not, the local authorities would not do anything
Desert Fox

Postby lonepinealex » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:13 pm

charlie_wilkes wrote:
Bruce Fischer wrote:

Different local authorities... she's not in Lincoln County anymore!
lonepinealex

Postby Samson » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:29 am

charlie_wilkes wrote:
Bruce Fischer wrote:

I am thinking the concept of tipping point to explain this reversal in fortune for Pam Hupp.
Samson

Postby Desert Fox » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

I thought I would post this about the poor innocent Pam Hupp
http://fox2now.com/2016/09/19/the-pam-hupp-letters/
Desert Fox

Postby samzilla » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:13 am

Couple bits of news just came out.

1.) Dateline will have a new episode this friday (it's fourth about this case in all):
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...5f37391e3.html

2.) It appears police found a $100 bill in Hupp's home with a serial number identifier matching those of the $100 bills found in Gumperberger's pocket.

From the article, "A police officer wrote in the warrant, 'It’s extremely uncommon for two people who reportedly do not know each other, to individually possess $100 denominations…which contain the same identifiers (and) serial numbers…In order.' ”

http://fox2now.com/2016/11/17/pam-hu...ictims-pocket/
samzilla

Postby samzilla » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 am

samzilla

Return to Russ Faria Case