Amanda Knox And The Perugia Murder

Amanda Knox And The Perugia Murder

Postby Giordano Bruno » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:49 pm

by Jacopo Pezzan & Giacomo Brunoro.

This is a kindle book. I haven't read it yet. From the description on Amazon UK it seems a bit 'on the fence'.

If anyone reads it, I would be interested in her or his opinion.
For educated opinion of the case, please read 'Injustice in Perugia' by Bruce Fisher and 'The Monster of Perugia' by Mark Waterbury.
Giordano Bruno

Re: Amanda Knox And The Perugia Murder

Postby Flipp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I have the English audio book version available on iTunes, it is about 1 hour and 20 minutes long and I felt a bit disappointed. Like in the Lifetime movie, the authors try to present both sides of the story, but in order to present the case against Amanda and Raffaele, they make many claims that are incorrect or that were already refuted. It contains many little inaccuracies about undisputed facts that show that the authors don’t know the case in detail. There are some interesting conclusions, the general feeling is that there is still a lot to be said about the story and that the whole truth is not yet uncovered. The behavior of the Italian media is also questioned, bias and outright xenophobia, especially against the black foreigners involved, was used to support the prosecution theories without proper checks and balances.
Flipp

Re: Amanda Knox And The Perugia Murder

Postby Giordano Bruno » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Thank you, Flipp. That helps a lot.
For educated opinion of the case, please read 'Injustice in Perugia' by Bruce Fisher and 'The Monster of Perugia' by Mark Waterbury.
Giordano Bruno

Return to Book Reviews and Discussion