Injustice in Perugia - Now Available on Amazon.com

Injustice in Perugia - Now Available on Amazon.com

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:30 am

Now Available

The Kindle Edition is currently available on Amazon.com. You don't need a Kindle to read the book. You can download the reader and read the book right on your computer. Kindle has multiple applications making it simple to read books in several different formats. Kindle books can be read using Android, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, and your PC.

Click here to order your copy of Injustice in Perugia today

Click here to download Kindle reader

Injustice in Perugia - A book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

When I sat down to write this book, I had one objective in mind: to provide the honest truth about this case. I believe the truth is clear for anyone who is willing to see it. Two college students have been wrongly convicted of murder and are currently sitting in prison. I have done extensive research on this case, including reading independent scientists' opinions regarding DNA evidence, viewing hours of crime scene video, looking at hundreds of photographs and analyzing presentations given by both sides in court. Other references include the court’s motivation document, appeals filed by both defense teams, Amanda’s email home, and diary excerpts from both Amanda and Raffaele. I am not an expert in any specific field, and I do not pretend to be one. The opinions provided in this book detailing the physical evidence are based on expert opinion from contributors to Injustice in Perugia, along with actual expert testimony that was presented in court. The truth is when you look at the facts of this case, it does not take an expert to see that an injustice has occurred.

I am convinced that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent. In fact, I have never been more sure of anything in my life. This was a horrible murder, but not a complicated one. Rudy Guede attacked and murdered Meredith Kercher, and he acted alone. This case became complicated when two innocent people were accused and convicted of murder. Wrongful convictions create additional victims. Amanda and Raffaele are victims. They have been incarcerated for a crime they did not commit. They have gained unwanted fame from this injustice that will have to be dealt with for the rest of their lives.

Even if this injustice is corrected on appeal and both Amanda and Raffaele are fully exonerated, there will be no winners in this case. Unfortunately, the damage has already been done. Everyone loses.

I, along with many others, will not rest until Amanda and Raffaele are released and back home with their families.

The families of Amanda and Raffaele have shown amazing strength and courage throughout this ordeal. It is time for a few people in Perugia, Italy to show some strength and courage of their own. Stand up against this injustice! Correct this mess! Free Amanda and Raffaele!
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Book Announcement

Postby McJustice » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:21 am

Looking forwards to your book very much it goes without saying... You and Mark and Steve and so many others have been inspired to use your talents and energy to play your parts in getting the message and the truth out there. I think lots of us became involved and energized by the horror of the unjust guilty verdicts... When I was younger I had the energy and focus to do something like what you and the most active members are doing... I just regret that I have not been able to do more or as much as I wanted. I find now caring about this is exhausting now in ways it would not have even 5 years ago... I have the ideas and the same outrage but I am just not up to it for whatever reasons... what makes that feeling of not doing as much as I thought I would or could easier to take is that so many of you, no, make that all of us have been doing what needs to be done and more. So even if I and others have the roles of supporters and commenters and suggesters, commiserators, facilitators and defenders among other things it all comes together... we are not alone and Amanda and Raffaele are not alone.

A salute to you Bruce for all of your efforts and congratulations on a huge accomplishment.
McJustice

Postby LondonSupporter » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:33 am

Bruce, you have done so much. You have provided the platform for so many of us who have come together to try and do what we can, in different (sometimes quite small) ways, to overturn this travesty. Evil succeeds when good men do nothing. You are a good man and you have done a huge amount. I hope that Amanda and Raffaele's nightmare does not continue for much longer and I hope their friends and families will be able to celebrate and recover from the ordeal. Last and not least, I hope the Kercher family will be able to understand the truth and will finally place the blame for their daughter's murder where it belongs, with Rudy Guede and will finally see the Perugian authorities for what they really are.
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
LondonSupporter

Postby davelebon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:47 am

That's really cool Bruce. You've done a lot for Amanda and Raffaele. The sacrifice of time, risk of personal harassment, and taking on organized and seemingly unprecedented internet enabled smear campaign. Thanks for taking the time to compile your message and analysis into a book. I'll definitely give it a read.

McJustice, I tend to agree with you wishing we could have or actually did more. I hope our expressed interest in the case has been supportive to those who had the talents and time to apply towards getting the message out through publishing or other media channels such as Steve Moore's interviewing. If nothing else, we've participated in a community that may need to mobilize in different ways should the appeal process not be successful. I am hopeful however that it won't come to that.
aka. "ForTruth"
davelebon

Postby RoseMontague » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 am

Link is not working for me. I think this is Mark Waterbury's new book (Science Spheres).

ETA, thanks for fixing the link and it is your book we are talking about. No wonder you have been quiet lately. I look forward to it as well.
RoseMontague

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 am

Bruce, no one has to be an expert to see Amanda & Raffaele are innocent. I am not looking forward to reading your book -- it will upset me more than Candace's book did -- but, of course, I will.

Since Amnesty Int. and the State Dept. refuse to help with this wrongful conviction ( because it doesn't meet their criteria), thank goodness for the folks who have been willing to. A wrongful conviction is a wrongful conviction - regardless of the circumstances.

The three hikers in Iran (now two), who are suffering greatly, still were foolishly careless. They get full attention of Amnesty & the State Dept. All Amanda did was go to school in Italy, and move into a nice cottage. She deserves full attention, also.

Thank goodness for folks like you, Bruce, who are standing up for justice when other refuse!
Michael

Postby lsablake » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 am

Can't wait to read it. I am looking forward to it.
lsablake

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 am

I fixed the link above. Sorry about that.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Sean2010 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 am

Great news! Can't wait to read it!
Sean2010

Postby lc jim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Bruce,

Thank you for stepping up and providing accurate information about the case, for linking all of us who believe as fervently as you that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent, and now for writing what I suspect will be the definitive book about this tragedy. There are many villains in this case, but there are also heroes––Amanda's mom and dad, her family, her friends, Steve Moore, and you.

I plan to buy five copies of Injustice in Perugia. It will make a great holiday gift.
lc jim

Postby Jeff_B » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Bruce, I don’t know what I can add to what others have said above. I don’t have to wait until I’ve read the book to say you’ve done a fantastic job!
Jeff_B

Postby sirius02 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Bruce,

You have done a tremendous job putting together and maintaining this site. A book is much more work. You have been very generous with your time and I'm sure Amanda, Raffaele and their families are very appreciative.

I'll get a copy of the book soon.

Best regards,

Fred
sirius02

Postby thinker53 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:38 am

I haven't been on the site too much lately, so I'm posting all over it tonight. Can't leave without saying thanks, Bruce, for the site and best wishes for the book's success. Hope it gets the attention it and this case deserve.
thinker53

Postby ScifiTom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:53 am

To Bruce

Thanks Bruce for the information and I can't wait until it comes out and get ready to buy it, even it is a national hoilday. So happy thanksgiving Bruce and enjoy the hoilday as well!!!

From Tom
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Katie Garding Missoula MT & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Postby michellesings » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Well THAT'S convenient, my Birthday is Dec. 2nd...I want one for my Birthday now!!
Hope all is well to all. I've been spending all my time contacting people outside of this forum, but it's good to be baaack.
michellesings

Postby alice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Bruce,

Congratulations.!!!..... Like (michellesings) my birthday is Dec. 27. I just told my husband what I want for my birthday.

Everyday I put a little piece of sand telling or asking all my friends about Rafaelle and Amanda. I want everybody in this world to know the huge mistake in this case and whats happening in Perugia. Its incredible how my husband tells me, that I am obsess with this story, he knows the whole story beause i tell him the advance and the latest news everyday, but I always answer the same thing. It's a stoy and a real case that is not easy to read and not be interesting of.

Sorry sometimes for my writting, I am from Venezuela living in Miami and my english writting is not excelent as it should be.

Great Job Bruce!!!... Alice
alice

Postby welshman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 am

I live in the UK. Where can I buy this book.
welshman

Postby alice » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Bruce

We are waitng for the Book.... all this people in the forum are waiting for you big news of the sale soon. let us know first jejej.
alice

Postby Shirley Anne » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:37 am

Bruce, I am very much looking forward to reading your Book.

You have done so much for Amanda and Raffaele, raising awareness of their plight and getting the true facts out there.
:D
Shirley Anne

Postby michellesings » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey, when's it coming out. Just realized the day, it's the 16th! Where is it where is it??? jk
Seriously, though...any update?
michellesings

Postby Jazz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm very much looking forward to your book, Bruce, and will certainly be buying it.
Jazz

Postby Sean2010 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Congratulations! Well done!
Sean2010

Postby beau336 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 am

Bruce you have done so much in supporting Amanda and Raffaele. I just wanna thank you for doing all this. Especially this forum and website. I am on here everyday to see if there is any new news, and I also post this website to people on other comment boards concerning the case if they want the true facts. Thank you again.
beau336

Postby Jason25 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank you very much for this book! I look forward to reading this! Everyone definitely needs to learn about this case and see the complete truth in the matter. I'm glad I will be able to read an accurate interpretation instead of hearing the case through negative tabloids, media, and bias. Keep doing what you do Bruce!
Jason25

Postby Giordano Bruno » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Congratulations, not only on writing the book but on doing something really good.

I live in the UK and I know that Candace Dempsey's book is not available on UK kindle. Will yours be? I would prefer to read it on kindle as my eyes prefer the larger fonts available on kindle.

To answer my own question. Yes, Injustice in Perugia is now available on Amazon UK kindle. I've just downloaded my copy of it. 14th Jan 2011, 8:55pm uk time
For educated opinion of the case, please read 'Injustice in Perugia' by Bruce Fisher and 'The Monster of Perugia' by Mark Waterbury.
Giordano Bruno

Postby PhanuelB » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Giordano, you can pretty much download Candace's book for Kindle by just going online can't you? Is the book available in UK bookstores?
PhanuelB

Postby LondonSupporter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:02 pm

I bought Candace's book from Amazon.
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
LondonSupporter

Postby Giordano Bruno » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 pm

I tried to get the kindle version from amazon uk, but they only offered the paperback (which I bought). There was a button to click to inform the publisher 'I would like to read this book on kindle'. I clicked it. amazon.com kindle is different from amazon uk kindle. An account on one doesn't work on the other, as far as I know. Anyway, I have the paperback now. Thanks.
For educated opinion of the case, please read 'Injustice in Perugia' by Bruce Fisher and 'The Monster of Perugia' by Mark Waterbury.
Giordano Bruno

Postby davelebon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:51 pm

I too had trouble buy and e-book version of it in Europe. I had to creatively log in through a USA based corporate VPN so it appeared I was in the USA and use an American billing address. I am not sure why that book is restricted for electronic publishing outside of the USA! It is very relevant to the Europe! (and the UK... I know the Brits don't think of themselves as Europeans ;) )
Hope Bruce's book doesn't have the same restriction!
aka. "ForTruth"
davelebon

Postby Sherlock » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 am

Looking forward buying it. !
Congratulations for the effort!
Sherlock

Postby DayDreamer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Will the book be available in a digital format other than kindle?
Thanks, DD
DayDreamer

Postby michellesings » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Hey Bruce, so if your book is out for Kindle, then I'm assuming
I could buy it through Ebooks and read it online then?
michellesings

Postby Justinian » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Ebooks works for me too!

Look foward to reading the book one way or another.
Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don’t know and I don’t care. -- Jimmy Buffett
Anti-intellectualism is plausibly anger against those that undermine ones' biases.
Justinian

Postby Sarah » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito -- Book Now on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Perugia ... 028&sr=1-1
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Injustice in Perugia - Now Available on Amazon.com

Postby patricking » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:43 pm

You're right, Michael, about this being an upsetting book to read. Injustice In Perugia is very hard hitting. Bruce spares none of the guilty.

I was particularly interested in the chapter about Wikipedia. I know that many of us are working to try to open up a dialogue with Wikipedia about the Meredith Kercher page. I notice that Wikipedia has an inconsistent manner of dealing with murder. Some time ago I was researching another series of crimes committed by a couple named Alvin and Judith Neeley. These are serial killers who murdered several people. You would expect them to have a page devoted to their life and crimes. They figure only on a page dedicated to one of their victims, Lisa Ann Millican. Ted Bundy, Ailene Wuornos, Charles Manson have their own pages but lesser known killers seem to be consistently posted under their victims' names. I agree that this is a bizarre way to set up an "encyclopedia." Wikipedia seems to be determined to relagate everyone involved in the Meredith Kercher murder to supporting roles. No doubt when Amanda & Raffaele are exonerated, they will merit their own pages on Wikipedia.

Thank you, Bruce, for a very exciting and straight-from-the-shoulder POV. No one has written as candidly about this case as you have.
patricking

Postby davelebon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 am

I've am 65% through the book per Kindle and I am quite pleased so far.
While much of the content for many of us will seem very familiar, there are extra details which I didn't know and some new comparative analysis.

I found the chapter on the witnesses fantastic. I learned a lot... like Toto's 9 of 10 times giving alibi testimony and how Nara's testimony about the footsteps doesn't mesh with the prosecution's theory of time of death and what Amanda and Raffaele were doing at the time.
aka. "ForTruth"
davelebon

Postby davelebon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:54 am

Don't want to give it all away - but I found the chapter on evidence tampering so damning. Great stuff for making the point... not great that it happened!

And then about the stain on the pillow. There was one tidbit I didn't know about... apparently a similar substance was on something else (won't give it away here!).
aka. "ForTruth"
davelebon

Postby ajackson » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:18 pm

DayDreamer wrote:Will the book be available in a digital format other than kindle?
Thanks, DD

You can get a kindle reader for almost anything, PC, Mac, iPhone, Blackberry -- all free.
ajackson

Postby Jazz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm

ajackson wrote:You can get a kindle reader for almost anything, PC, Mac, iPhone, Blackberry -- all free.

Hey, that's good to know! I just did a quick Google and see that I can get a free reader from the Amazon site. So, I'm going to do that when I get home tonight, then buy the book. Thanks for the tip!
Jazz

Postby Jazz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Update: I got the reader and the book from Amazon and have now finished reading it. Very nicely done, Bruce!

Kudos to all concerned with the preparation and publishing.

I noticed a few typos which I'll mention so that perhaps they can be corrected before the print version comes out:

Chapter 13, in the section regarding Curatolo's evidence: Shouldn't "1130 - 1200" read 930 - 1200"?
Chapter 15, in the section on Francesca Bene, there are stray words at the end of the last sentence.
Chapter 19, 2nd page, 3rd paragraph: "Why would Rudy..." should be "Why would Raffaele..."
Chapter 20, in the section on Michelle Moore-Bosko, fifth line: "8 1D2" should be "8 1/2"

Cheers,
Jazz
Jazz

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:39 pm

To everyone

Hey everyone, I just got some great news today, well I just got Bruce new book: Injustice of perugia, even now it is offical on my nook. So I have just started reading it, even I am going to read it all the way and it look great, and I am totally enjoying it, and now you can download the book too on nook, and talk to you soon everyone!!!

From Tom
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Katie Garding Missoula MT & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Postby Giordano Bruno » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 pm

ScifiTom wrote:To everyone

Hey everyone, I just got some great news today, well I just got Bruce new book: Injustice of perugia, even now it is offical on my nook. So I have just started reading it, even I am going to read it all the way and it look great, and I am totally enjoying it, and now you can download the book too on nook, and talk to you soon everyone!!!

From Tom
That's great news, Tom. I read it a short while ago. It is very good and clear and uncompromising (quite rightly, of course).
Giordano Bruno

Return to Book Reviews and Discussion