Sarah
Site Admin

SMKovalinsky's Book Review

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Review of Bruce Fisher's "Injustice in Perugia"
SMKovalinsky
Posted by kovalinsky03@gmail.com
on March 19, 2011 at 12:14pm

Review of Bruce Fisher's Injustice in Perugia: A book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

Like Goncalo Armaral's "The Truth of the Lie", regarding the case of Madeleine McCann, Fisher's book illuminates regarding key aspects and agents in the Amanda Knox case in Perugia, Italy.

I have had the honor to receive a digital copy of the nearly 350 page text from Bruce Fisher, author of Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito

On finishing the manuscript, I can say that the case for "Injustice in Perugia" has been made: Fully, compellingly, and clearly.

Notwithstanding ad hominem attacks on his character by his critics, Mr. Fisher has written poignantly and with full factual evidence.

He has uncovered the bias inherent in Mignini's "sex game gone wrong" theory, and has exposed it as the shared delusion of Mignini and Judge Matteini. Although his critics charge him with writing a polemic, Fisher's text is a clear expository and argumentative treatise based on evidence which is meticulously laid out and thoroughly delved into.

Not an indictment of the Italian judicial system, Fisher's text is an actual cry for justice on behalf of all who have been wrongly accused and convicted - indeed, he uses these words in the book's opening dedication.

We know that false accusations and convictions belong to no country and are not limited to any culture: They happen everywhere. It is the folly of specific investigators, actual media venues, and the darkness and bigotry which reside within the human heart which are at fault, and which form the impetus for the social media flames which fan out of control.

Fisher's text takes from the initial investigation, to the point at which it ought to have shifted radically: With the arrest of Mr. Guede. That it did not bespeaks how deeply-rooted was Mignini's theory; one might say he suffered from an idee fixe: and this fixed idea was able to translate itself to investigators, legal persons, and the media, until it took on a life of its own.

In this sense, Mignini is a formidable man: We have seen how strong is his power to persuade, and how his paranoia about the darkness which encroaches on traditional culture transmits itself deeply. Mignini is a sympathetic character, culturally. But in the legal sense, he has spawned a judicial travesty. One of the most important aspects ofInjustice in Perugia: Fisher delves into the infamous "Monster of Florence " case (and Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini's even more infamous part in it), in which author Douglas Preston became ensnared, and no less than 20 persons were unfairly indicted. Although Mignini's claims were ultimately dismissed, the damage was done, and Fisher has expertly given us to understand that Mignini has a history of being unable to retract his odd theories, once made public. That he was found to be subject to mania in his thinking on so prominent a case ought to give us stern pause. History has a way of repeating itself in persons and in events, and Mignini is not exempt from such a cycle. The possibility that all which came after was symptom, consequence, incident of an original and ill-conceived theorizing cannot be ignored. This is worrisome, in the extreme.

Fisher brings another aspect into focus involving the media circles which swirl around the Knox case: That the career ambitions of certain persons feed off the idea of Knox's guilt. This is understandable: many writers can relate here. But there comes a point at which a false theory and a biased investigation leading to the destruction of two young lives - on top of the initial life lost, that of the worthy victim, Ms. Kercher, for whom everyone must have sympathy and sorrow - must be seen for the unethical venture it is, and must be called a miscarriage of justice.

Mystery colors the personae of Knox and Sollecito, and some of it may be of their own making, inadvertently, and likely from a mix of youthful inexperience and plain quirkiness. But there is grave danger in projecting too much into their images, and Mr. Fisher admirably shines a flood light on the actuality of an investigation gone rather terribly wrong, and with profound consequences. It is not simply error upon error which infuriates, but the fact that evidence was made to fit a pre-existing theory that was spun mainly out of thin air, and Fisher makes this point relentlessly and boldly. In a black and white photo of Ms. Knox on page 171 of Fisher's book, Amanda's eyes look wistfully at the camera, the soft focus making her face appear pale and school- girlish as she smiles shyly for the camera. It is a pre-Perugia Amanda, and one is given stern pause at just what the consequences of Mignini's theorizing have been. Fisher makes it clear that Knox and Sollecito were never wavering on their alibis until after relentless interrogation. This is a point which has been too often overlooked : I know I missed it in my own initial surmising on the case.

Further, in Chapter 14 Fisher makes a strong case for the virtual contamination, by law enforcement, of key aspects and items within the crime scene. Improper procedural and collection methods, carelessness as to swab collecting, and the failure to change gloves are among numerous charges of an almost deliberate incompetence.

All in all, Bruce Fisher has shined the light of empirical analysis on the facts of the Knox case, and not only does the guilty verdict in December 2009 come up wanting, but anyone in possession of the facts can no longer believe that the conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito is anything but a mistake, and a profoundly tragic one, which cries out to be rectified.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... -innocence

http://www.writerface.com/profiles/blog ... e=activity
Sarah
Site Admin

FACEBOOK PAGE - INJUSTICE IN PERUGIA BOOK

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:04 pm

INJUSTICE IN PERUGIA BOOK - FACEBOOK PAGE

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 7719510017
Sarah
Site Admin

FACEBOOK PAGE - MONSTER OF PERUGIA

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Sarah
Site Admin

YouTube Channel - The Monster of Pergia

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:38 pm

YouTube Channel - The Monster of Pergia

http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterofPerugia#p/u
Sarah
Site Admin

BLOG - The Monster of Perugia

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:42 pm

The Monster of Perugia Blog

http://www.monsterofperugia.com/
Sarah
Site Admin

PRESS RELEASE - THE MONSTER OF PERUGIA

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:46 pm

New book charges corruption and incompetence in the trial of Amanda Knox

“The Monster of Perugia – The Framing of Amanda Knox” comes to startling conclusions about the “trial of the century.”

Redmond, WA February 18, 2011 – “The Monster of Perugia – The Framing of Amanda Knox” by Dr. Mark C. Waterbury explores the convictions of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in Perugia, Italy and concludes that corruption may have played a more central role than cultural differences or incompetence.

This infamous trial has drawn fire from many observers for charges of satanic sex crimes, a kangaroo court atmosphere, and the theatric performance of a prosecutor who may well be mentally ill. Yet, even the most outspoken observers have drawn back from telling the full story of the framing of Amanda Knox. “The Monster of Perugia” is a work of literary non-fiction that is unlike any other book about the events surrounding the murder of Meredith Kercher. Couching his narrative in terms of analogies from literature and history such as “The Lottery,” “1984,” and the Salem witch trials, Dr. Waterbury examines a miscarriage of justice and the media circus that has exploited it.

Douglas Preston, bestselling author of “The Monster of Florence,” which describes his own encounter with the same prosecutor wrote, “‘The Monster of Perugia’ is a fascinating book… I highly recommend this well-written, clear, gripping, and ultimately infuriating book." Another reviewer wrote, “Mark Waterbury's groundbreaking work has emerged as perhaps the defining commentary on the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito…”

“The Monster of Perugia – The Framing of Amanda Knox” is available now in ebook form through amazon.com and other distributors, and is coming soon in trade paperback form. See www.monsterofperugia.com for more information.

About the Author: Dr. Mark Waterbury is a materials scientist, engineer, and writer with extensive experience at a wide swath of forensic science and technology and at observing the behavior of people in powerful positions.

http://www.monsterofperugia.com/2011/02 ... lease.html

###
Sarah
Site Admin

PRESS RELEASE - INJUSTICE IN PERUGIA BOOK

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Press Release - Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito

Injustice in Perugia Press Release

New book shreds the media spin surrounding one of the most talked about murder trials in recent history leaving little doubt that an injustice has been committed against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in Perugia, Italy.

Meredith Kercher was murdered on November 1, 2007 in Perugia, Italy. This was a horrible crime, but not a complicated one. Rudy Guede attacked and murdered Meredith Kercher, and he acted alone. This case became complicated when two innocent people were accused and convicted of murder. Wrongful convictions create additional victims. Amanda and Raffaele are victims. They have been incarcerated for a crime they did not commit. They have gained unwanted fame from this injustice that will have to be dealt with for the rest of their lives.

"Injustice in Perugia" was written with one objective in mind; to provide the honest truth about this case. When you silence the noise of the media spin and focus on the actual facts, you will clearly see that Amanda and Raffaele had nothing to do with this crime. All credible evidence points to one man; Rudy Guede.

If you are looking for a suspenseful mystery with a surprise ending, this is not the book for you. The truth is clear for anyone who is willing to see it. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have been wrongfully convicted.

This book is the result of the hard work of many people. Extensive research has been done to fulfill the commitment of providing the honest truth about this case. Resources include independent expert opinion from a wide range of experts including but not limited to: retired FBI Agent Steve Moore, Forensics Engineer Ron Hendry, and Materials Scientist Dr. Mark Waterbury. Other resources include: hours of crime scene video, hundreds of crime scene photographs, presentations given by both sides in court, the court’s motivation document, appeals filed by both defense teams, Amanda’s email home, and diary excerpts of the accused. Information detailing the physical evidence is based on expert opinion from contributors to Injustice in Perugia, along with actual expert testimony that was presented in court.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bruce Fisher is the founder of Injustice in Perugia, an independent grassroots organization working to correct the injustice committed against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito. Bruce put together a comprehensive website detailing the case. He has helped to bring together an excellent group of people including a wide range of experts that have worked tirelessly to uncover the truth. Bruce, along with many others, will not rest until Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are fully exonerated and back home with their families.

ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito
Price: $ 8.95 digital, $11.95 paperback
Paperback: 344 pages
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1453736697
ISBN-13: 978-1453736692
Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.2 x 0.9 inches

This book is currently available on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and InjusticeinPerugia.org.

Media Contact
Bruce Fisher
injusticeinperugia@yahoo.com
http://www.injusticeinperugia.org

Please contact Bruce Fisher for review copies and/or interviews.

http://injusticeinperugia.blogspot.com/ ... -book.html
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: BOOK DISCUSSION - THE MONSTER OF PERUGIA

Postby Graeme » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:22 pm

I guess I'm the first to comment in this section. I ordered this book on the vast amount of praise it has received on this forums and indeed on the articles by Mark Waterbury. I'm very much looking forward to reading it and will do enthusiastically once I finish the so far excellent 'Monster of Florence' By Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi. One very obvious thing that struck me as I took the book from it's package was the title. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this when ordering it, but I was a little suprised to see the exclusion of Raffaele Sollecito in the title 'The monster of Perugia: The framing of Amanda Knox'. I have always felt allot of sympathy toward Raffaele in terms of the lack of media coverage he received. Perhaps this was acually in his favour when we look at the filth that was published about Amanda Knox from 2007 to 2011. Even so, I'm curious as to why he would not be included in the book title. Isn't this playing 'the game' a little too?

PS - Sorry if this is not the appropriate section for this post, but it seemed better to post here than start a new thread. Also, I must also reiterate my admiration for Mark Waterbury's work on this site. Certainly I am not casting a stone here!

Graeme
Graeme

Postby Jstanz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Graeme wrote:I guess I'm the first to comment in this section. I ordered this book on the vast amount of praise it has received on this forums and indeed on the articles by Mark Waterbury. I'm very much looking forward to reading it and will do enthusiastically once I finish the so far excellent 'Monster of Florence' By Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi. One very obvious thing that struck me as I took the book from it's package was the title. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this when ordering it, but I was a little suprised to see the exclusion of Raffaele Sollecito in the title 'The monster of Perugia: The framing of Amanda Knox'. I have always felt allot of sympathy toward Raffaele in terms of the lack of media coverage he received. Perhaps this was acually in his favour when we look at the filth that was published about Amanda Knox from 2007 to 2011. Even so, I'm curious as to why he would not be included in the book title. Isn't this playing 'the game' a little too?

PS - Sorry if this is not the appropriate section for this post, but it seemed better to post here than start a new thread. Also, I must also reiterate my admiration for Mark Waterbury's work on this site. Certainly I am not casting a stone here!

Graeme

I understand what you're saying but to me, I think it really was more a framing of Amanda (in the media and everywhere else). I think Raffaele was only prosecuted because they wanted to prosecute Amanda and if they didn't prosecute Raff he would have been her alibi. I think that's the only reason he was. Maybe that's the way Mark Waterbury viewed it, too.
All my grammar and spelling mistakes are the result of auto-correct. If auto-correct is not used here, I still blame it.
Jstanz

Postby Graeme » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

Jstanz wrote:
Graeme wrote:I guess I'm the first to comment in this section. I ordered this book on the vast amount of praise it has received on this forums and indeed on the articles by Mark Waterbury. I'm very much looking forward to reading it and will do enthusiastically once I finish the so far excellent 'Monster of Florence' By Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi. One very obvious thing that struck me as I took the book from it's package was the title. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this when ordering it, but I was a little suprised to see the exclusion of Raffaele Sollecito in the title 'The monster of Perugia: The framing of Amanda Knox'. I have always felt allot of sympathy toward Raffaele in terms of the lack of media coverage he received. Perhaps this was acually in his favour when we look at the filth that was published about Amanda Knox from 2007 to 2011. Even so, I'm curious as to why he would not be included in the book title. Isn't this playing 'the game' a little too?

Graeme

I understand what you're saying but to me, I think it really was more a framing of Amanda (in the media and everywhere else). I think Raffaele was only prosecuted because they wanted to prosecute Amanda and if they didn't prosecute Raff he would have been her alibi. I think that's the only reason he was. Maybe that's the way Mark Waterbury viewed it, too.

Yeah I understand that, was just an observation really! It was probably more favourable to use her in the title alone as she had attacted allot of world wide attention and it was a great opportunity to offer the world an alternative view from the rags. Really looking forward to reading it.
Graeme

Postby Jstanz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 am

Graeme wrote:
Jstanz wrote:

Graeme

Yeah I understand that, was just an observation really! It was probably more favourable to use her in the title alone as she had attacted allot of world wide attention and it was a great opportunity to offer the world an alternative view from the rags. Really looking forward to reading it.

I guess Waterbury still could have accomplished the same point by maybe adding (and Raffaele Sollecito) to the title. It does seem unfair the way Raffaele always gets passed over. But like you said, he's probably lucky it's that way. I bought this book quite a while ago along with a couple others about the case. I started it and got a little bored with the technical details and scientific stuff and quit. I'm going to try again at some point because everyone has said it's excellent.
All my grammar and spelling mistakes are the result of auto-correct. If auto-correct is not used here, I still blame it.
Jstanz

Injustice in Perugia

Postby Sarah » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Injustice in Perugia
by Bruce Fisher
Discussion and Reviews
Sarah
Site Admin

Return to Book Reviews and Discussion