Postby Sarah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Finding Justice in Perugia
by Bruce Fisher
Discussion and Reviews

Update book to come out Nov 8th

Available November 8, 2011: Finding Justice in Perugia
A follow-up to Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful
conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

Amanda and Raffaele were trapped in a nightmare for 1427 days. During that time a movie was made, books were written, Wikipedia went haywire, online blog wars raged on, journalists were harassed, a rogue prosecutor remained on the job, an Anti-Knox hate group was formed, a grass roots effort became a force to reckon with, a retired FBI Agent raised eyebrows, even Italian politicians chimed in, all while Amanda and Raffaele sat in a prison cell never losing faith that their nightmare would eventually end.

"Finding Justice in Perugia" picks up where "Injustice in Perugia" left off, following the case throughout the appeal, detailing the side shows along the way, leading up to the day that Amanda and Raffaele finally found justice in Perugia.

http://injusticeinperugia.blogspot.com/ ... nding.html
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: FINDING JUSTICE IN PERUGIA - DISCUSSION

Postby Linda » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Hopefully it will be available to uplaod on my nook on Novemebr 8th, I can't wait to read it.
Linda

Postby Jstanz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 am

Linda wrote:Hopefully it will be available to uplaod on my nook on Novemebr 8th, I can't wait to read it.

Or kindle. I can't wait either.
All my grammar and spelling mistakes are the result of auto-correct. If auto-correct is not used here, I still blame it.
Jstanz

Postby Bill Williams » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am

Sarah wrote: ...... Wikipedia went haywire .......

At the risk of taking this thread off-topic, I note that the "Amanda Knox" page on Wikipedia has had the "Delete this Entry" notice removed. It looks like the page is there to stay.

As a long-time Wiki-supporter, who has initiated about a dozen (or 20) entries and participated in a couple of Wiki-tiffs, it is astonishing the flash-point this case has become over there. I have never seen the like of it. To say, "Wiki went haywire" is a massive understatement.

One realizes the role Wikipedia plays in everyday research when one is in the doctor's office, and you ask a question. The doctor turns to the computer, calls up Wikipedia, and reads off all the contraindicators of a medicine. (One hopes that the doctor is also applying a good dose of their training in assessing the accuracy of what they're reading! What if a vandal had just polluted that entry a minute before the doctor had viewed it!!??)

If nothing else it puts the lie to "the massive Knox-PR machine," somehow influencing things. It is quite the opposite - there was some other kind of massive PR-campaign going on which obviously shook none other than Wikipedia to the core, and wrestled its legendary Neutral Point of View away.

My first read of Wiki-pedia this past summer on the "Murder of Meredith Kercher" page left me somewhat convinced of guilt, but with the massive sense that a large part of the story was missing. That's the first time a Wiki-article has done that to me.

Weird.

Sorry for the off-topic post.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

kindle

Postby Jstanz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Did this book come out today? Does anyone know if it takes a while for books to be available for kindle? I have a new kindle and I've been eagerly awaiting Bruce's new book but when I tried to buy it today for kindle it didn't come up in the search.......
All my grammar and spelling mistakes are the result of auto-correct. If auto-correct is not used here, I still blame it.
Jstanz

Re: kindle

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:40 am

I have been trying to upload it on my nook and getting the same. Maybe it takes a little longer to get electronically..hope not much longer.
Linda

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 am

The book has been delayed.

Bruce:
The book should be available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble by 11-14-11.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 am

The book has been delayed:

Bruce:
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Jstanz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 am

Sarah wrote:The book has been delayed.

Bruce:

OH DRAT. Thanks for letting us know Sarah.
Jstanz

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

I saw that on the main page and came here to post it. thanks Sarah
Linda

Facebook Author Page - Finding Justice in Perugia

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Facebook Book Author Page
Bruce Fisher

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruce-Fisher-Fischer/175296502558565
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 pm

BOOK COMES OUT TOMORROW!

To bad I'll be busy all day.

A follow-up to Injustice in Perugia: a book detailing the wrongful conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

Amanda and Raffaele were trapped in a nightmare for 1427 days. During that time a movie was made, books were written, Wikipedia went haywire, online blog wars raged on, journalists were harassed, a rogue prosecutor remained on the job, an Anti-Knox hate group was formed, a grass roots effort became a force to reckon with, a retired FBI Agent raised eyebrows, even Italian politicians chimed in, all while Amanda and Raffaele sat in a prison cell never losing faith that their nightmare would eventually end.

"Finding Justice in Perugia" picks up where "Injustice in Perugia" left off, following the case throughout the appeal, detailing the side shows along the way, leading up to the day that Amanda and Raffaele finally found justice in Perugia.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Linda » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 am

Still not availabe :(

I'll try again in the morning
Linda

Postby Linda » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows if there has been another delay in the release? thanks
Linda

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:47 am

Finding Justice in Perugia is now out on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Justice-P ... 505&sr=8-1
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:27 pm

It's available on the kindle but not the nook, not yet anyway.
Linda

Postby Jstanz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Yippee!!!
Jstanz

Postby sflicker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:12 am

I just read the part where Rudy was unable to read the letter he claims to have written. I didn't realize he was unable to read it. I didnt see this fact in some of the press accounts i read. These only say Mignini read the letter. I guess it's a fake written by his lawyers using legal terminony Rudy was unable to demonstrate he knew what it meant. I wonder what Hellman will have to say about the letter in his motivations report.
sflicker

Postby ScifiTom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks Sarah for the information even it is out on kindle. But not on the nook. I assume it will come out soon enough, so that I can buy it on my nook, and talk to you soon Sarah!!!

From Tom
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Katie Garding Missoula MT & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Postby LarryK » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:50 am

Is the book coming out in print form or will it always only be electronic?
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Sarah » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:47 am

LarryK wrote:Is the book coming out in print form or will it always only be electronic?

Bruce had said the paperback would come out a week or two after the kindle.

That would hopefully be by Nov 28.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Jstanz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am

I have finished Finding Justice in Perugia. Wonderful book, Bruce! I'm so glad you put it out there in print the atrocities so many people are guilty of in this case. It all needed to be said.
Jstanz

Return to Book Reviews and Discussion