Trip To Perugia - Chance Encounter with Mignini

Trip To Perugia - Chance Encounter with Mignini

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:50 pm

My wife and I spent a couple of days in Perugia a week ago and were there for the chocolate festival.
1. The city is much bigger than I imagined - the "old town" is just the center and is surrounded by a larger urbanized area.
2. We got ahold of a map and were walking around trying to find the infamous "cottage" - the layout is very confusing with winding alleys and multiple levels. It could be scary at night.
3. I kid you not on this one. We were walking down a quiet street and trying to figure out where we were and 50 feet ahead of us was .......Mignini, who was out for a stroll with a few friends. I was tempted to ask him for directions to the cottage but thought better of it. The encounter was pretty close to the location of the cottage so it may be the case that he lives in that part of town. In person, he looks very much like his pictures.
4. The cottage itself seems pretty isolated but has a great view of the valley below.
5. The streets and alleys create weird echoes and I am not sure anyone could tell what direction a particular sound came from with precision.
6. I didn't sense any animosity to Americans but there were some articles concerning Italian reactions to the recent documentary and the Perugians seems to resent that fact that tourists are mostly interested in the crime scene and not other attractions. The Festival drew a big crowd. As the train from Rome neared Perugia a bunch or rather boisterous young men got aboard apparently out for a Saturday night on the town.
7. It's a lovely place and the Umbria region in general is very interesting. My wife had a great photography workshop in Todi.
erasmus44

Re: Trip To Perugia - Chance Encounter with Mignini

Postby roteoctober » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:52 pm

The most daring act would have been asking him to put his autograph on a copy of Waiting To Be Heard! :D

But also feigning to be a generic American tourist without knowledge of the case and ask him "Hmmm, did I see you on a Netflix documentary?" would have been funny!

Just joking erasmus :winks:
roteoctober
Tech Director

Re: Trip To Perugia - Chance Encounter with Mignini

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 am

roteoctober wrote:The most daring act would have been asking him to put his autograph on a copy of Waiting To Be Heard! :D

But also feigning to be a generic American tourist without knowledge of the case and ask him "Hmmm, did I see you on a Netflix documentary?" would have been funny!

Just joking erasmus :winks:

Obviously, this would have been a great time to have had a Boston Cream Pie handy. Or I could have played dumb and asked him whether he had ever heard of the case and whether he knew where the cottage was.
erasmus44

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum