Rudy Guede Interview

Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 pm

The upcoming (1/20) interview of Rudy Guede probably deserves its own thread.
My guess is that he will stick pretty closely to the last version of his story.
I think that the questioning will probably be soft ball.
I don't see any big surprises.
Anybody else for handicapping this one in advance?
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Alex_K » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 am

It depends on the scope of the journalist's assignment. If it was just an interview with Guede, he wouldn't risk contradicting his 2008 deposition. He might update it though: he could claim the woman's voice was like Amanda's and the man's, like some shady guy he, Guede, had met a couple of times at a bar. I'd expect him to come across as an intellectual in the making.

If it's more of an investigative program, I would expect a focus on Guede's background, from his flight from Côte d'Ivoire to his 2014 fencing conviction. Guede's Skype call could also be introduced. His mental health problems would be at least mention. In that context, he would appear completely untrustworthy.
Alex_K
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Teddy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:32 am

Rudy's request for early day-release privileges has been rejected: http://www.lanazione.it/umbria/rudy-gue ... -1.1653857

I read elsewhere it was because he hasn't show remorse for what he did, but that might be the result of journalistic license.
Amanda Knox: "According to Mignini, we found Meredith at the villa and said, Hey, that stupid bitch. Let’s show Meredith. Let’s get her to play a sex game. I was horrified. Who thinks like that?".... indeed, who thinks like that?
User avatar
Teddy
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:17 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Alex_K » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:05 am

Teddy wrote:Rudy's request for early day-release privileges has been rejected: http://www.lanazione.it/umbria/rudy-gue ... -1.1653857

I read elsewhere it was because he hasn't show remorse for what he did, but that might be the result of journalistic license.


But his lawyers are appealing to a higher court in Rome, which has twice put off ruling on their request. Perhaps he's going to send a message to that court with his interview?
Alex_K
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

Alex_K wrote:It depends on the scope of the journalist's assignment. If it was just an interview with Guede, he wouldn't risk contradicting his 2008 deposition. He might update it though: he could claim the woman's voice was like Amanda's and the man's, like some shady guy he, Guede, had met a couple of times at a bar. I'd expect him to come across as an intellectual in the making.

If it's more of an investigative program, I would expect a focus on Guede's background, from his flight from Côte d'Ivoire to his 2014 fencing conviction. Guede's Skype call could also be introduced. His mental health problems would be at least mention. In that context, he would appear completely untrustworthy.


From some of the preview material it sounds like a "gush" or "puff" piece ("poor Rudy") - very sympathetic to Rudy with only softball questions. Rudy's lawyer has done an excellent job steering Rudy through the process and I am sure he had a role in setting this up.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby schmidt53 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 am

When you consider what the police did to Amanda during their interrogation that stretched over parts of 4 days and nights without a lawyer. With Mignini lurking in the background on at least the 5th and 6th wearing Amanda down. Guede deposition of March 26, 2008 took place with his lawyer by his side 5 months after the murder. He was without a doubt a suspect since they knew where his DNA was located at the crime scene. How much of what he said were lies?

He claimed to be in the bathroom when he heard other people arrive in the cottage. He claim one was Amanda he said Meredith said to her we need to talk hinting it was about her stolen money. He said he turn his Ipod up loud so he didn't hear what they talked about. After about 10 minutes he hears a scream he then rushed out of the bathroom without flushing the toilet and barely getting his pants up. By the time he arrived outside Meredith room he saw the back a male who he asked what did you do? The man waves a knife at him cutting Guede hand this man says black man found black man guilty. The man than flees to the front door Guede follows as far as Filomena's bedroom door where he goes inside and over to the window and claims to see the shadow Amanda running to the gate nothing about seeing the man. What the problems with this story?

1. The scream would be only the start of the attack. Guede arrival from Filomena/Laura bathroom to Meredith's bedroom would have found the struggle with the killer and Merdith still going on it would not have been over.
2. Guede describes the knife as very sharp which doesn't match Raffaele's kitchen knife.
3. Since he never says he saw Amanda passing him when he was going to Meredith room this means she wasn't in the cottage when the murder happen so "the man" is the lone killer no multiply killers.
4. One knife was used in the murder not two.
5. He also admits going into Filomena's room. To prove the break-in is staged. The problem with this how does he see out the window if the exterior shutters are closed as Filomena say she did. Well he stated when he Meredith approached the cottage that night he saw the exterior shutters were open. He doesn't factor in the interior shutters which even if they weren't fully attach to the inside of the window would have to be open by hand to see outside. Open with his cut bleeding hand. On the other hand if he broken in though Filomena's window. Closing the exterior shutters behind him but not closing the windows he would never have been in Filomena's windows with the windows in the closed position which is why he doesn't think about the interior shutters blocking his view of the outside.
6. Who believes he would have notice the exterior shutter being open as approach the house except in the case of a possible break-in point?
7. This leaves the bloody shoes prints going from Meredith room to the front door. Guede tries to clean this up by saying he was wearing Adiadas running shoes. He later admits later to wearing Nikes.
schmidt53
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Zrausch » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Charles Boney was smart enough to know to blame the murder he committed on David Camm he would have to come up with a story that explains why he had joined Camm at the murder scene and how he was acquainted with Camm prior to the murder. If Guede continues this approach of "I was there independently, and coincidentally the real killers I had nothing to do with showed up that same time" he's doing no better here than he's done with his previous stories. I don't really expect anything different in that regard.
Zrausch
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Zrausch wrote:Charles Boney was smart enough to know to blame the murder he committed on David Camm he would have to come up with a story that explains why he had joined Camm at the murder scene and how he was acquainted with Camm prior to the murder. If Guede continues this approach of "I was there independently, and coincidentally the real killers I had nothing to do with showed up that same time" he's doing no better here than he's done with his previous stories. I don't really expect anything different in that regard.



I had a good friend who was a DA in Los Angeles and he said that it was so common for perps, once confronted with the fact that they were at the crime scene, to say that "Some other dude did it" that they had an acronym for it - "SODDI".
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby ReneFunga » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:02 pm

The problem with this how does he see out the window if the exterior shutters are closed as Filomena say she did.

Edited by moderator. Removed spam URL. This user has been banned. All five of the user's posts included one sentence cut and pasted from a previous post followed by a spam URL masked in white. The sentence in this post was taken from schmidt53's post above.
ReneFunga
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:34 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Did this interview get broadcast as planned? Anyone know what he said?
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Zrausch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 pm

It's actually tomorrow (21st) i think
Zrausch
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Kohntarkosz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 am

Tonight. Thursday 21st on Rai3. 09.05 PM in Italy.

Stephane
”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”
User avatar
Kohntarkosz
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am
Location: France

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Alex_K » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:21 am

Carlofab has provided a link to an OGGI report claiming that Raffaele's lawyers are asking RAI not to air the interview. See the main thread or my post with some translated tidbits.
Alex_K
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Andrea Vogt tweeting about the interview - Rudy apparently accuses Amanda but not Raffeale (hmmmm - lawyer's advice?). Vogt seems critical of Rudy for telling a "convenient, predictable" story 8 years after the fact.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Kohntarkosz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:03 pm

From what I could understand of the interview, that's what he did. He carefully avoided to name Sollecito directly (except for a personal attack a few minutes ago) but mentioned Amanda on several occasions.

Besides this... Nothing really new. The same incredible story he told in his previous deposition.
”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”
User avatar
Kohntarkosz
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am
Location: France

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Kohntarkosz wrote:From what I could understand of the interview, that's what he did. He carefully avoided to name Sollecito directly (except for a personal attack a few minutes ago) but mentioned Amanda on several occasions.

Besides this... Nothing really new. The same incredible story he told in his previous deposition.


Yeah - it appears to be the same old story. He was in the bathroom when it went down, he came out, they ran away. etc. etc. He has an bogus explanation for the Milan break in. Over at PMF, they seem to be not buying his story and feel he is understating his role
Also it appears that no hard ball questions were asked.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Kohntarkosz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Exactly. From what I could understand, Leosini also carefully avoided a few embarrassing matters !
”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”
User avatar
Kohntarkosz
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am
Location: France

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Zrausch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 pm

So eight years later and we're still waiting for the mythical coherent story that connect Rudy with his supposed accomplices.
Zrausch
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Kohntarkosz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:20 pm

In the end, he used A and R acquittal and the SC ruling and conclusions that the police work was a mess, to ask for his own retrial.
”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”
User avatar
Kohntarkosz
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am
Location: France

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Zrausch wrote:So eight years later and we're still waiting for the mythical coherent story that connect Rudy with his supposed accomplices.


His story doesn't make any sense - causing raised eyebrows even at PMF.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby kermit the frog » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:39 pm

I didn't understand much of what they said. Is there / will there be an translation available? Although it doesn't seem to be anything new - just the old questions that he already "answered" years ago.

Disgusting to see how this is still a big TV show for the Italians and the killer appears as the big star, virtually stepping over tons of Kercher's blood accompanied by some silly standard sad music concerto. :facepalm:
je suis Charlie
User avatar
kermit the frog
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am
Location: Germany

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Mafiabuster » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:43 pm

The interview is totally insignificant. Raffaele and Amanda were acquitted and are free, nothing can change that. I hope they sue Guede and show him up for the liar he is.
Mafiabuster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Complete waste of time. Changes nothing.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
User avatar
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4470
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:15 pm

"Much Ado About Nothing" - same old story set to melancholy music.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Nadeau has already gotten out a story entitled Clear As Mud on the interview in The Daily Beast - nothing new. She is typically non-committal. I believe that she is a true agnostic as to what really happened.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Alex_K » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 pm

From what I've read here, I doubt "poor Rudy" has raised his chances for an early release by going on TV and repeating the principal points of his 2008 deposition. His whole tale is merely a variation on the timeless SODDU theme. All the courts that tried or reviewed his case concluded that he was completely untrustworthy.
Alex_K
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby european neighbour » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 am

Bruce Fischer wrote:Complete waste of time. Changes nothing.

I disagree....could add some year to Rudi's (so far lenient) sentence.
european neighbour
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Teddy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:00 am

Lawyers Biscotti and Gentile relinquish their defensive duties of Rudy Guede, stating that at this point, all the technical and procedural aspects concerning him in the murder of Meredith Kercher are now over.

http://www.lastampa.it/2016/01/22/itali ... agina.html
Amanda Knox: "According to Mignini, we found Meredith at the villa and said, Hey, that stupid bitch. Let’s show Meredith. Let’s get her to play a sex game. I was horrified. Who thinks like that?".... indeed, who thinks like that?
User avatar
Teddy
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:17 am


Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby european neighbour » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 am

Leosini superstar: successo, ovazione:
http://www.adnkronos.com/intratteniment ... jr4gK.html
european neighbour
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:12 am

Teddy wrote:Lawyers Biscotti and Gentile relinquish their defensive duties of Rudy Guede, stating that at this point, all the technical and procedural aspects concerning him in the murder of Meredith Kercher are now over.

http://www.lastampa.it/2016/01/22/itali ... agina.html



Biscotti did a brilliant job for Guede. He was a lawyer who was dealt absolutely execrable cards and made a decent effort at turning a sow's ear into a silk purse. His withdrawal may suggest disapproval of the television interview.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:46 am




I don't know how Italian law works but in the US the media can generally protect itself with disclaimers and, in the case of public figures, cannot be successfully sued unless there is intentional or grossly negligent misrepresentation. There is no point in suing Guede because he doesn't have any money. A lawsuit of this kind could drag on for years. It would also call attention to the statements made by Guede. On balance, not the greatest idea. But the Italian system may be different.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 pm

erasmus44 wrote:
Teddy wrote:Lawyers Biscotti and Gentile relinquish their defensive duties of Rudy Guede, stating that at this point, all the technical and procedural aspects concerning him in the murder of Meredith Kercher are now over.

http://www.lastampa.it/2016/01/22/itali ... agina.html


Biscotti did a brilliant job for Guede. He was a lawyer who was dealt absolutely execrable cards and made a decent effort at turning a sow's ear into a silk purse. His withdrawal may suggest disapproval of the television interview.

Say what you want. Guede cannot at all complain about the legal representation he's received. Sometimes all a lawyer has is bluff and bluster, but at the end of the day knows he/she has nothing. I once saw a lawyer all hot and bothered in court, putting on a show in cross-examination - I asked about it later and was told the judge had already cautioned the guy, up until that point he'd put up a lacklustre defence. The reason - there was no defence. Yet the judge was having none of it, letting the guy sit there saying nothing.

Who knows, though, why Biscotti left. All we have, really, is speculation.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams
 
Posts: 8084
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Chris_Halkides » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 pm

At the Daily Beast Barbie Nadeau wrote, "In fact, he said he had never tried hard drugs, and his record shows that despite reports to the contrary, he had no previous convictions for any crimes." "Previous" is splitting hairs at best. Hasn't he since been convicted? She also wrote, "He said she opened the door for him and that they sat in her living room, he drank a juice, and then they engaged in “petting” but stopped short of sex because neither of them had a condom. And, he added, because she had been in other relationships, he wouldn’t go further unprotected." Disgusting.
Chris_Halkides
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm

I spoke to a contact of mine in Milan today - he follows criminal matters - and he wasn't even aware that Rudy's interview appeared on TV last night. I don't think it was a real big deal in Italy.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:45 pm

erasmus44 wrote:I spoke to a contact of mine in Milan today - he follows criminal matters - and he wasn't even aware that Rudy's interview appeared on TV last night. I don't think it was a real big deal in Italy.

Frank Sfarzo said that the ratings were not good for the show. Perhaps like we all should, people have moved on even in Italy. Like I've learned, the "views" of the thread(s) on JREF/ISF are down 78% since the March exonerations. If it weren't for Vixen and those of us responding her her, the drop would be greater.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams
 
Posts: 8084
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Mafiabuster » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Bill Williams wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:I spoke to a contact of mine in Milan today - he follows criminal matters - and he wasn't even aware that Rudy's interview appeared on TV last night. I don't think it was a real big deal in Italy.

Frank Sfarzo said that the ratings were not good for the show. Perhaps like we all should, people have moved on even in Italy. Like I've learned, the "views" of the thread(s) on JREF/ISF are down 78% since the March exonerations. If it weren't for Vixen and those of us responding her her, the drop would be greater.


I suggest sending eveyrbody on there except Vixen a PM and agree to stop posting there for a week. I bet you will see the biggest meltdown from Vixen ever seen online after which she will explode and problem solved.
Mafiabuster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Mafiabuster wrote:
Bill Williams wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:I spoke to a contact of mine in Milan today - he follows criminal matters - and he wasn't even aware that Rudy's interview appeared on TV last night. I don't think it was a real big deal in Italy.

Frank Sfarzo said that the ratings were not good for the show. Perhaps like we all should, people have moved on even in Italy. Like I've learned, the "views" of the thread(s) on JREF/ISF are down 78% since the March exonerations. If it weren't for Vixen and those of us responding her her, the drop would be greater.


I suggest sending eveyrbody on there except Vixen a PM and agree to stop posting there for a week. I bet you will see the biggest meltdown from Vixen ever seen online after which she will explode and problem solved.


Replying to some of these people is like pouring gasoline on a fire. Just let them flame out.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:21 am

erasmus44 wrote:



I don't know how Italian law works but in the US the media can generally protect itself with disclaimers and, in the case of public figures, cannot be successfully sued unless there is intentional or grossly negligent misrepresentation. There is no point in suing Guede because he doesn't have any money. A lawsuit of this kind could drag on for years. It would also call attention to the statements made by Guede. On balance, not the greatest idea. But the Italian system may be different.


1. The TV network RAI3 that broadcast the interview is part of the RAI network.
RAI spa is a private company 99% owned by the Italian government, specifically, the Ministry of Economy and Finance.

"Half of RAI's revenues come from broadcast receiving licence fees, the rest from the sale of advertising time."

"RAI Spa company is 99% owned by the Italian Government Ministry of Economy and Finance, so it is said that it broadcasts content that may politically influence people."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAI

2. "Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code state defamation can be a civil or criminal offense. If the latter, it is punishable by imprisonment ranging between six months and three years.

Under Article 157 of the Italian Penal Code, the action shall prescribe corresponding to the maximum penalty as expressly stated under Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code. By way of illustration, Injury as punishable under Article 594 shall prescribe in six months; Defamation as punishable under Article 595 shall prescribe in three (3) years.
....
In contrast to U.S., Italian courts protect the nation’s public figures, national organizations and institutions. They’re also not afraid to sentence journalists to prison. Italian courts believe statements that are overly critical about public figures can be viewed as defamatory because they have the potential to undermine public confidence. By way of illustration, the Italian Court have indicted Amanda Knox’s parents for defamation for alleging in a 2008 newspaper interview that Italian police abused Amanda and was allegedly subjected to physical and verbal abuse during a police interrogation in 2007."

Source: http://kellywarnerlaw.com/italy-defamation-laws/

3. US laws and Italian laws differ. In Italy and many European countries, freedom of speech receives less protection from accusations of defamation, and in particular, there are criminal defamation laws.

The Italian penal code, including its laws on defamation, was formulated in 1930 under the Fascist regime.

"Italy has both civil and criminal statutes against slander and libel. Defamation is prosecuted much more frequently in Italy than in say, the U.S. but the act is actually more narrowly defined. Public figures are given slightly more protection against defamation than private citizens."

Source: http://kellywarnerlaw.com/italy-defamation-laws/

According to egaldb.freemedia.at/legal-database/italy/:
Defamation in Italy by the press or other media is considered aggravated defamation and is punishable by imprisonment of from one to six years. (By Article 13 of Law No. 47/1948, called the "Press Law")
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby garlex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:36 am

erasmus44 wrote:Biscotti did a brilliant job for Guede. He was a lawyer who was dealt absolutely execrable cards and made a decent effort at turning a sow's ear into a silk purse. His withdrawal may suggest disapproval of the television interview.



Rudy seems to have confirmed that.
User avatar
garlex
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Teddy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:39 am

This Italian blogger discusses a few of Rudy Guede's contradictions between this interview and what he originally said via Skype:

http://www.gqitalia.it/underground/2016 ... -su-skype/

Machine translation: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... u-skype%2F
Amanda Knox: "According to Mignini, we found Meredith at the villa and said, Hey, that stupid bitch. Let’s show Meredith. Let’s get her to play a sex game. I was horrified. Who thinks like that?".... indeed, who thinks like that?
User avatar
Teddy
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:17 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:44 pm

bok wrote:
Numbers wrote:
2. "Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code state defamation can be a civil or criminal offense.


What is a civil "offense"? Are you a lawyer?


Interestingly, the sentence you point out is a direct quote copied from the web site of a law firm, Kelly / Warner Law PLLC, which states that it is "Practicing In: Internet Law, Startup Law, Business Law & Defamation Law".

Source: http://kellywarnerlaw.com/italy-defamation-laws/

Now, if I were to copy edit that sentence for higher precision of language, I might change it as follows:

"Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code state defamation can be a civil [tort] or criminal offense."

However, in the period since I posted that quote from the Kelly/Warner Law PLLC site, I have had the opportunity to read the relevant CP Articles 594 and 595 in Google-translated English. The CP articles explicitly list only criminal offenses; CP Article 594 is "Insult" and CP Article 595 is "Defamation"; in addition, there is another relevant criminal offense, CP Article 596-bis "Defamation through the press". The existence of the civil torts are implied from the existence of the criminal offenses. In Italian procedural law, CPP Article 74 allows a civil action to be lodged by anyone who suffers harm from a criminal offense. The procedural law details for the joining or separation of civil actions from criminal trials are provided in CPP Articles 75 - 89.
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 pm

I don't know Italian and I haven't seen a complete transcript of Rudy's interview. I wonder if anyone knows whether he indicated exactly where he bought the kebab that upset his stomach that night. I will be in Perugia this Fall and I have a delicate stomach so the information could be helpful.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby schmidt53 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 pm

erasmus44 wrote:I don't know Italian and I haven't seen a complete transcript of Rudy's interview. I wonder if anyone knows whether he indicated exactly where he bought the kebab that upset his stomach that night. I will be in Perugia this Fall and I have a delicate stomach so the information could be helpful.


He says in his deposition (March 26, 2008) that it was a place either called Tana dell' Orso or is on Tana dell' Orso this is mention on page 34 of his deposition.

I did find something else interesting in my search for this on page 9. He states September 4th was the first time he met Amanda at Le Chic where she was working he remember it because it was a friend's birthday. Problem is Amanda didn't move into the cottage until September 20th and didn't work at Le Chic until after the that date.
schmidt53
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:03 am

bok wrote:
Numbers wrote:
bok wrote:
Numbers wrote:
2. "Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code state defamation can be a civil or criminal offense.


What is a civil "offense"? Are you a lawyer?


Interestingly, the sentence you point out is a direct quote copied from the web site of a law firm, Kelly / Warner Law PLLC, which states that it is "Practicing In: Internet Law, Startup Law, Business Law & Defamation Law".

Source: http://kellywarnerlaw.com/italy-defamation-laws/

Now, if I were to copy edit that sentence for higher precision of language, I might change it as follows:

"Articles 594 and 595 of the Italian Penal Code state defamation can be a civil [tort] or criminal offense."

However, in the period since I posted that quote from the Kelly/Warner Law PLLC site, I have had the opportunity to read the relevant CP Articles 594 and 595 in Google-translated English. The CP articles explicitly list only criminal offenses; CP Article 594 is "Insult" and CP Article 595 is "Defamation"; in addition, there is another relevant criminal offense, CP Article 596-bis "Defamation through the press". The existence of the civil torts are implied from the existence of the criminal offenses. In Italian procedural law, CPP Article 74 allows a civil action to be lodged by anyone who suffers harm from a criminal offense. The procedural law details for the joining or separation of civil actions from criminal trials are provided in CPP Articles 75 - 89.


You skipped over my second question. Are you a lawyer? I am very interested to hear what lawyers and cops think.


1. I am neither a lawyer nor a cop.
2. I have previously posted in this forum stating that I am not a lawyer.
3. Can you, "bok", state truthfully that you are not a troll? A "troll" being a poster intent on disruption and provocation rather than taking part in a civil discussion.
4. Can you, "bok", state truthfully that you are not the sock-puppet of a poster who has been banned previously from this forum, such as, for example, "Jackie"?
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am

schmidt53 wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:I don't know Italian and I haven't seen a complete transcript of Rudy's interview. I wonder if anyone knows whether he indicated exactly where he bought the kebab that upset his stomach that night. I will be in Perugia this Fall and I have a delicate stomach so the information could be helpful.


He says in his deposition (March 26, 2008) that it was a place either called Tana dell' Orso or is on Tana dell' Orso this is mention on page 34 of his deposition.

I did find something else interesting in my search for this on page 9. He states September 4th was the first time he met Amanda at Le Chic where she was working he remember it because it was a friend's birthday. Problem is Amanda didn't move into the cottage until September 20th and didn't work at Le Chic until after the that date.


He seems so screwed up in terms of remembering things that he may have gotten the wrong kebab restaurant. To play it safe, maybe I should avoid kebab entirely during my stay in Perugia. I'll have to ask Mignini about it when we have our lunch meeting.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:16 pm

"bok", it is not entirely relevant whether or not you are a "Jackie" sock-puppet, but your trolling style is similar.

You definitely should consult with a lawyer if you need legal advice, and not seek it on an internet forum.

Your attempted diversions of the forum are clear.
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:33 pm

bok wrote:I'm sorry. I was confused by your comments. I saw no notice that you were not a cop or lawyer and I do not understand why someone would answer legal questions if they were not a cop or lawyer. Maybe you could explain? You want to be a cop or lawyer some day? You are supervised by one? I would like to ask him or her about this case.


"bok" or "jackie", I do not answer legal questions in the sense of providing legal advice.

Your confusion of the discussion of legal issues with the providing of legal advice shows a deep-seated problem, either showing your lack of comprehension or your desire to be an ignorant troll.

I do discuss, as many on this forum do, legal questions, as is our free-speech right. You may have heard of the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution, which lists freedom of speech and of the press as inherent rights within the US. Persons from a number of other countries also have such rights.

You should consult a lawyer if you are in need of any personal legal advice.
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

bok wrote:
Numbers wrote:
bok wrote:I'm sorry. I was confused by your comments. I saw no notice that you were not a cop or lawyer and I do not understand why someone would answer legal questions if they were not a cop or lawyer. Maybe you could explain? You want to be a cop or lawyer some day? You are supervised by one? I would like to ask him or her about this case.


"bok" or "jackie", I do not answer legal questions in the sense of providing legal advice.

Your confusion of the discussion of legal issues with the providing of legal advice shows a deep-seated problem, either showing your lack of comprehension or your desire to be an ignorant troll.

I do discuss, as many on this forum do, legal questions, as is our free-speech right. You may have heard of the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution, which lists freedom of speech and of the press as inherent rights within the US. Persons from a number of other countries also have such rights.

You should consult a lawyer if you are in need of any personal legal advice.


I am afraid you do not understand. I do not question your right to speak freely, I am only wondering why someone would spend so much effort answering legal questions when they are not a lawyer. For example, I have not studied dentistry so I would never try to answer even one question on a website about dentistry problems. Are you a legal secretary maybe? Do you plan to go to law school one day?I think I would like to be a cop some day.


Good luck with your career plans, "bok'.

Do you have anything to say about the subject matter of the forum?
If not, why are you trolling in such an obvious and foolish way? Do you have some intellectual difficulty in understanding the subject matter of the "Injustice in Perugia" forum? Or do you not understand the goals of Injustice Anywhere, which deals with issues of alleged wrongful convictions?

Perhaps you should spend some time reading these forums in order to learn what they are about before you post again.
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Hans » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:11 pm

I'd like to know more about this CSC and the people who set up the facebook and twitter accounts, especially in the light of Biscotti and Gentile leaving. Them leaving shows that Guede did this interview on his own and without their consent. What is he saying about them or his defense in general?

I wonder if his new "friends" are just using him for their own agenda, are they trying to set up some kind of "innocence project" and need publicity? I guess after eight years in prison and with the prospect of eight more years, Guede is desperate enough to grasp at the straw he's offered by a clever law-professor telling him that there is a chance that in a new trial they would be able to get him off with a verdict based on "insufficient evidence" if they'd argue in the lines of Marasca's verdict, like "If the evidence presented in their (full) trial is insufficient, then the evidence presented in my (abbreviated) trial must be insufficient, too, because it's the same evidence, collected by the same people..." and so on. I wonder if this clever law-professor has told his client-to-be, that the same 5th section of the supreme court went against the rules they applied in the Meredith Kercher case, just shortly after, in the Stasi case in which they - despite even the prosecution asked to send it backto appeals level - just confirmed Stasi's conviction (motivations report pending)...

For his new "friends" it's a win/win situation, they get the publicity they want and even if they can't really do anything for him, they can claim that they took up the fight for the poor, underprivileged, black migrant and if they fail, they'll blame it on racism and face saving, because the "rich, privileged, white killers" got off the hook first.
My :twocents: (Euro)
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby erasmus44 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Hans wrote:I'd like to know more about this CSC and the people who set up the facebook and twitter accounts, especially in the light of Biscotti and Gentile leaving. Them leaving shows that Guede did this interview on his own and without their consent. What is he saying about them or his defense in general?

I wonder if his new "friends" are just using him for their own agenda, are they trying to set up some kind of "innocence project" and need publicity? I guess after eight years in prison and with the prospect of eight more years, Guede is desperate enough to grasp at the straw he's offered by a clever law-professor telling him that there is a chance that in a new trial they would be able to get him off with a verdict based on "insufficient evidence" if they'd argue in the lines of Marasca's verdict, like "If the evidence presented in their (full) trial is insufficient, then the evidence presented in my (abbreviated) trial must be insufficient, too, because it's the same evidence, collected by the same people..." and so on. I wonder if this clever law-professor has told his client-to-be, that the same 5th section of the supreme court went against the rules they applied in the Meredith Kercher case, just shortly after, in the Stasi case in which they - despite even the prosecution asked to send it backto appeals level - just confirmed Stasi's conviction (motivations report pending)...

For his new "friends" it's a win/win situation, they get the publicity they want and even if they can't really do anything for him, they can claim that they took up the fight for the poor, underprivileged, black migrant and if they fail, they'll blame it on racism and face saving, because the "rich, privileged, white killers" got off the hook first.
My :twocents: (Euro)



In the United States, many petitions for post conviction relief involve an allegation of "denial of effective assistance of counsel" - essentially "my trial lawyer made a serious mistake which resulted in my conviction". Maybe that is what we are about to see here.
erasmus44
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

erasmus44 wrote:
Hans wrote:I'd like to know more about this CSC and the people who set up the facebook and twitter accounts, especially in the light of Biscotti and Gentile leaving. Them leaving shows that Guede did this interview on his own and without their consent. What is he saying about them or his defense in general?

I wonder if his new "friends" are just using him for their own agenda, are they trying to set up some kind of "innocence project" and need publicity? I guess after eight years in prison and with the prospect of eight more years, Guede is desperate enough to grasp at the straw he's offered by a clever law-professor telling him that there is a chance that in a new trial they would be able to get him off with a verdict based on "insufficient evidence" if they'd argue in the lines of Marasca's verdict, like "If the evidence presented in their (full) trial is insufficient, then the evidence presented in my (abbreviated) trial must be insufficient, too, because it's the same evidence, collected by the same people..." and so on. I wonder if this clever law-professor has told his client-to-be, that the same 5th section of the supreme court went against the rules they applied in the Meredith Kercher case, just shortly after, in the Stasi case in which they - despite even the prosecution asked to send it backto appeals level - just confirmed Stasi's conviction (motivations report pending)...

For his new "friends" it's a win/win situation, they get the publicity they want and even if they can't really do anything for him, they can claim that they took up the fight for the poor, underprivileged, black migrant and if they fail, they'll blame it on racism and face saving, because the "rich, privileged, white killers" got off the hook first.
My :twocents: (Euro)



In the United States, many petitions for post conviction relief involve an allegation of "denial of effective assistance of counsel" - essentially "my trial lawyer made a serious mistake which resulted in my conviction". Maybe that is what we are about to see here.


You raise an interesting point: Could Guede be maneuvering to get a revision trial?

I believe it would be difficult for Guede to justify a revision trial under the requirements of Italian law. In particular, the "denial of effective assistance of counsel" or its equivalent does not appear explicitly in the list of allowable reasons for requesting a revision trial. Of course, Italian courts may not always in practice follow Italian law, an important point which many of us not otherwise familiar with Italian legal culture have learned from the Knox - Sollecito case.

We should also note that Guede would not be able to lodge a complaint against Italy with the ECHR for an unfair trial leading to conviction under the present circumstances, because ECHR is required by the Convention to only consider applications admissible if they are lodged within six months of the final decision of a domestic (national) court. Guede's conviction for Meredith Kercher's murder became definitive by a CSC final judgment December 16, 2010, so obviously the time limit for bringing the case to the ECHR on the basis of that judgment has expired.

The lawful reasons for requesting a revision trial in Italy are defined by CPP Article 630 Cases of revision and by Constitutional Court judgment No. 113/2011. Here is an English translation (Mitja et al., 2014):

CPP Article 630 Cases of revision

1. Revision may be requested:

a) If the facts underlying the judgment or the criminal decree of conviction are incompatible with the facts established in another final criminal judgment issued by the ordinary judge or a special judge;

b) {Not applicable; refers to cases where certain preliminary issues relating to citizenship, family status, or a civil or administrative judgment are reversed, and thus the conviction is no longer likely to be valid};

c) If new evidence is found or discovered after conviction and, either independently or jointly with already assessed evidence, proves that the convicted person must be dismissed under Article 631;

d) If it is proven that the judgment of conviction has been delivered as a consequence of false documents or statements provided during the trial or any other criminal act deemed an offense by law.

Constitutional Court judgment No. 113/2011 {summary provided by Mitja et al.}: revision may be requested when it is necessary to reopen the proceedings in order to comply with a final judgment of the European Court of Human Rights.

CPP Article 631 Limitations to revision

1. Under penalty of inadmissibility of the request, the arguments underlying the request for revision must be such as to prove, if ascertained, that the convicted person must be dismissed under Articles 529, 530 or 531.

{CPP Article 529: Criminal prosecution should not have been started or continued.
CPP Article 530: Judgment of acquittal.
CPP Article 531: The case is beyond the statute of limitations and must be extinguished.}
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby garlex » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:28 am

Numbers wrote:
You raise an interesting point: Could Guede be maneuvering to get a revision trial?




No - not according to him anyway.

He says he respects the judgement which is final, but will not give up arguing his innocence.
User avatar
garlex
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby LondonSupporter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:57 am

I am trying to track down the poster called 'bok'. I have noticed a conversation above with Numbers, who states that he may be the troll 'Jackie', but I cannot see any of his original posts and he does not seem to be listed as a member. Is he banned? Was he Jackie?
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
User avatar
LondonSupporter
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby Numbers » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:10 pm

LondonSupporter wrote:I am trying to track down the poster called 'bok'. I have noticed a conversation above with Numbers, who states that he may be the troll 'Jackie', but I cannot see any of his original posts and he does not seem to be listed as a member. Is he banned? Was he Jackie?


It seemed to me that "bok" was either Jackie or a Jackie-style troll.

You should PM Bruce to find out if there is any additional information on "bok".
Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Rudy Guede Interview

Postby LondonSupporter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Numbers wrote:
LondonSupporter wrote:I am trying to track down the poster called 'bok'. I have noticed a conversation above with Numbers, who states that he may be the troll 'Jackie', but I cannot see any of his original posts and he does not seem to be listed as a member. Is he banned? Was he Jackie?


It seemed to me that "bok" was either Jackie or a Jackie-style troll.

You should PM Bruce to find out if there is any additional information on "bok".


Thanks Numbers.
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
User avatar
LondonSupporter
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am
Location: London, UK


Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests