Question about Meredith's purse

Question about Meredith's purse

Postby Helen6 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 am

Hi everyone.

I was reading Robyn Butterworth's testimony, and she mentioned that Meredith was carrying a different purse the night she was murdered, not the brown one that is seen in the pictures from the police. So I was wondering, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but was the other purse ever found?
Helen6

Re: Question about Meredith's purse

Postby Bill Williams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Helen6 wrote:Hi everyone.

I was reading Robyn Butterworth's testimony, and she mentioned that Meredith was carrying a different purse the night she was murdered, not the brown one that is seen in the pictures from the police. So I was wondering, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but was the other purse ever found?

I do not know the answer to this question.

Yet the compelling issue about the purse which was found, was that only Rudy Guede's forensics were found on it.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 pm

It was a beige tote bag. It's on the floor by Meredith Shoes in the crime scene photos. The cops didn't take it for testing until really late, I think March 2008.

https://www.facebook.com/10634445939003 ... =3&theater
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Sarah wrote:

It was a beige tote bag. It's on the floor by Meredith Shoes in the crime scene photos. The cops didn't take it for testing until really late, I think March 2008.

Groan, every time I think I reach the limits of their screw ups, I find another one :sadno:
Desert Fox

Postby schmidt53 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:04 pm

This is a question for our female members if you like Meredith going out for dinner at friend's house which is in easy walking distance what items would you take with you?

It seems to be the items Meredith would have taken with her would be her house keys British cell phone to keep in contact with her mother. Those are the things "this guy" can think of.

Also remember that Meredith did borrow a text book from one of her friends that was at this dinner and if she had this thought in mind before going out that night bringing the tote bag with her makes sense.

Common sense would seem to say that Meredith wouldn't have carried 300 euros or her credit cards with her if she didn't have to knowing she would be coming home in the dark that night.
schmidt53

Postby Helen6 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Sarah wrote:

Thank you Bill and Sarah (and everyone else who replied). I am aware that Rudy Guede's DNA (and fingerprints too I think?) was found on the brown purse, but was still wondering if they had found the other purse Robyn was referring to, and if they did, whether or not Rudy Guede's DNA and/or fingerprints were found on that one as well.
Helen6

Postby Helen6 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 pm

schmidt53 wrote:This is a question for our female members if you like Meredith going out for dinner at friend's house which is in easy walking distance what items would you take with you?

It seems to be the items Meredith would have taken with her would be her house keys British cell phone to keep in contact with her mother. Those are the things "this guy" can think of.

Also remember that Meredith did borrow a text book from one of her friends that was at this dinner and if she had this thought in mind before going out that night bringing the tote bag with her makes sense.

Common sense would seem to say that Meredith wouldn't have carried 300 euros or her credit cards with her if she didn't have to knowing she would be coming home in the dark that night.

I agree, I think the 300 euros were possibly in the brown purse, but it is also possible that she had left the money in the drawer. I also think Guede mentioned the drawer in case they would find his fingerprints and/or DNA on it, so he would have an excuse for it.

Speaking of Rudy Guede, didn't he mention that Meredith asked him to get her keys in her purse or something similar? (again obviously an attempt to give a "plausible" explanation for the presence of his DNA on the purse - I sure as heck wouldn't ask a guy I barely know to get anything in my purse lol nor would I tell him where I keep my money). I can't remember where it was tho, either Skype or Journal or something else.
Helen6

Postby Holmes » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 pm

There seem to be a couple of clues in his March 2008 deposition that suggest (prove?) that Guede was at/in the house at the time Meredith came home.

1] He describes Meredith as carrying a shoulder bag. He got the colour wrong, but he got most of his colours wrong in his deposition. It’s as if his memory bank is overloaded with one colour: red (he thinks the duvet was red) So, how could he have known about the shoulder bag? It’s not something someone would invent. It’s not something a person can deduce from the contents of a room a couple of hours later. It’s not something that was reported in the press. If you read the transcript of his deposition it’s clear that it wasn’t suggested to him by his interrogators. It was a spontaneous remark.

2] And he knows something else. Meredith was carrying books. He uses the plural, but that isn’t the point. What matters is that this is, again, an unprompted remark. How could he have known about the book unless he saw it? Not lying on the bed, because no one would infer from that she brought a book with her. He must have seen her carrying it.

Rudy Guede saw both book and should bag. That puts him in Meredith’s close proximity from the moment she left Robyn’s apartment to the moment she went into her room and put her things there. He doesn’t have X-ray eyes, the book was in her bag when she walked home. So he must have seen her just before, or right after she got home. I happen to have a bag like that. It’s great, except that my keys always get lost in the folds. Many times I’ve stood at the door rummaging through my bag, taking out books, notepads and other stuff, in search of my house keys. This is conjecture. It’s not fact. But I think it is possible that Meredith did the same.

Fact is that Rudy Guede knew these two little things that only a person who saw Meredith come home that evening could’ve known. A book, and a shoulder bag.
Holmes

Postby Mafiabuster » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 am

There are lots of little details that Rudy knew that prove he was the killer (and that things didn't play out as the police suggested they did).

How did he know about what happened downstairs?
Mafiabuster

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum