Italy & USA

Italy & USA

Postby Broken_English » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

George W. Bush is no longer the president of the United States. Those who, like me, care little about politics begins to realize it just in these months. :geek:

The international political situation has really changed a lot since, 4 years ago, I commented the statements of Sen. Maria Cantwell.

The European elections last May 25 marked an important stage in these changes. The outcome of the vote, together with developments of the economic crisis, seem to have destroyed the Paris-Berlin axis that has ruled Europe in the last decade. A year ago, Italy was the leader of the PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain), the Mediterranean countries deemed the weaker members of the European Union. Today, Italy occupies the most important positions, forces Angela Merkel to rethink the German economic policy and virtually wipes out from the European stage the UK of David Cameron :::lol::: (for him now is expected a long ordeal up to the British elections of 2015 :razz: :mrgreen: :devil: ).

None of this would have been possible without the strong support that Obama has given to the new Italian Prime Minister: Matteo Renzi. :::thumbs up:::

Days ago, in this post, I've written

me wrote:These developments are still unclear to me and I don't intend to comment on them until there will be a solution to the "Mogherini case" :confused: . (Italy is suggesting, with unusual methods, Federica Mogherini for the role of "High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy". Currently is Catherine Ashton).

A proposal "weak" that, according to some, would have been agreed with the Americans.

If Federica Mogherini will be appointed High Representative Italy, which already occupies the presidency of the ECB with Mario Draghi, will control 2 of the 3 most important European institutions up to 2019 (Italy and France have already imposed to UK Jean-Claude Juncker as new President of the European Commission).

UNUSUAL METHODS

Last June, after imposing to the UK Jean Claude Juncker as the new Europe's Prime Minister :razz: , Matteo Renzi announced that the Italian candidate for the role of High Representative was Mogherini. Against Mogherini were immediately deployed UK and all the countries of Eastern Europe. Their opposition was "officially" motivated by the inexperience of Mogherini (a flawless criticism since Mogherini is very young and She has never occupied senior positions).

The "real" reason for this opposition was that while the predecessor Catherine Ashton was a "hawk" :knight: , solidly alongside Israel and hard against Putin, Mogherini is a "dove" :for you: genetically opposed to military interventions and conducive to political dialogue.

Found strong opposition to Mogherini, Juncker postponed the appointment of the new High Representative in late August, a technical device to allow Italy to submit a new, less unpopular, name.

But, ten days ago, Renzi has reiterated that the candidate proposed by Italy was and is Mogherini. A slap to the British, a "diktat" to Eastern Europe, a policy of "confrontation" totally alien to the Italian diplomacy (traditionally Italy pursues its objectives with tools such as mediation and compromise). :confused:

But also, apparently, an idiocy. Italy, in severe crisis, has not the strength to force the British government to change its foreign policy. ::doh::

So even ordinary citizens, like me, have figured out what the experts have probably already noticed since some time: the appointment of Mogherini was decided last May in Washington and is inserted inside a wider exchange of United States's international strategies. A change of strategies about which the Americans seem divided among them (the Wall Street Journal, for example, has published articles against Mogherini)

Today, August 30, opposition to Mogherini disappeared not because the Italian firm scares opponents but because the opposing countries have succumbed to pressure from the USA. :::thumbs up:::

In Italy it is clear to everyone the reason that pushes Obama / Kerry to support Renzi / Mogherini: Young Mogherini was a follower of Walter Veltroni, the former Mayor of Rome and the only member of the Italian Democratic Party that supports Obama up from the days when He was just a Senator unknown abroad (Veltroni in the early years of the last decade translated into Italian language Obama's books while the main part of Italian Democrats supported Hillary Clinton).

Mogherini has grown up with the myth of John F. Kennedy and while She was "National Responsible for Foreign Affairs and International Relations" of the Democratic Party She has focused mainly on the relationship with the American Democrats. For Obama/Kerry/Pelosi She is a "relative", a kind of young "Italian cousin".

First developments:

The appointment of Mogherini was announced at 8 pm. At 8:15 p.m. many Italians news sites already commented: "Today, August 30 the Ukraine crisis seems to be "virtually ended". Europe led by Juncker / Mogherini certainly will not send any military aid to Kiev. Ukraine's request to join NATO is now a joke. Kiev now can only hope to negotiate with Moscow less unfavorable conditions. :devil:

Time passes and the picture is more defined. Still we do not know the date on which will take place the Trial in front the Supreme Court, but now seems clear that it will happen in a context of strong friendship and cooperation between the Italian Government and the USA Government :) . (waiting for the American Election 2016 when Italian and American Democrats will win together :::thumbs up::: or together will be defeated :fear: )

:wave: :wave:

P.S.

It's time of Summer Holidays, Italian paparazzi are hunting for Rihanna in south Italy :clue: . Days ago the Mayor of New York, Bill De Blasio has done, with his family, his Italian holiday. During the "holiday" De Blasio has met several mayors and governors, has lectured at universities and posed for photographers. The comment was unanimous: the 2016 election campaign of the American Democrats begins from Italy. :devil: :devil:
"I am proud of the things I've done right. But I had more fun with my mistakes."
Giorgio Faletti. Italian writer, actor, singer, lyricist, composer, painter, comedian and race car driver
Broken_English

Re: Italy & USA

Postby Alex_K » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 am

Broken_English wrote:In Italy it is clear to everyone the reason that pushes Obama / Kerry to support Renzi / Mogherini: Young Mogherini was a follower of Walter Veltroni, the former Mayor of Rome and the only member of the Italian Democratic Party that supports Obama up from the days when He was just a Senator unknown abroad (Veltroni in the early years of the last decade translated into Italian language Obama's books while the main part of Italian Democrats supported Hillary Clinton).

Sorry but "it is clear to everyone in Italy" does not mean "it is obvious" or "it is true". I'm not sure if support from Italy's PD is that important for US Democrats. A simpler explanation is that Mogherini became acceptable to everyone when it became clear that Donald Tusk of Poland would be elected President of the EU council. Tusk is a political heavyweight and Mogherini's role is expected to be relatively minor, at least at first. Besides, the FM post was reserved for a center-left politician, preferably a woman. Of course Renzi will be touting Mogherini as a major victory and, indeed, Italians are now leading both the ECB and the fledgling EU foreign office.
Alex_K

Re: Italy & USA

Postby ScifiTom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Broken_English wrote:George W. Bush is no longer the president of the United States. Those who, like me, care little about politics begins to realize it just in these months. :geek:

The international political situation has really changed a lot since, 4 years ago, I commented the statements of Sen. Maria Cantwell.

[img=center]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Federica_Mogherini_2014.jpg/220px-Federica_Mogherini_2014.jpg[/img=center]

In Italy it is clear to everyone the reason that pushes Obama / Kerry to support Renzi / Mogherini: Young Mogherini was a follower of Walter Veltroni, the former Mayor of Rome and the only member of the Italian Democratic Party that supports Obama up from the days when He was just a Senator unknown abroad (Veltroni in the early years of the last decade translated into Italian language Obama's books while the main part of Italian Democrats supported Hillary Clinton).

Mogherini has grown up with the myth of John F. Kennedy and while She was "National Responsible for Foreign Affairs and International Relations" of the Democratic Party She has focused mainly on the relationship with the American Democrats. For Obama/Kerry/Pelosi She is a "relative", a kind of young "Italian cousin".

Time passes and the picture is more defined. Still we do not know the date on which will take place the Trial in front the Supreme Court, but now seems clear that it will happen in a context of strong friendship and cooperation between the Italian Government and the USA Government :) . (waiting for the American Election 2016 when Italian and American Democrats will win together :::thumbs up::: or together will be defeated :fear: )

:wave: :wave:

To Broken English

Hey Broken, English, I am not sure what the detail of Italy, and the way I support America is in my own term, of how I go by Indepented of no GOP or DEM. I am not going to buy it, even I haven't support a president since 2002-2017, and that is a promise, and if Hilary runs. Sorry she an't going to get my vote at all!!!

Why?

Because I would love to give out my detail and I will go again of not supporting a president. The best way of a president to run is someone I can trust into good hand and into something of change, of the innocent. I don't mind if he GOP or DEM. I go by my own way, even we had a lot of bad president and I am no mood of wasting time, even I pick some per person. I have no choice but pick a Mayor for president, even if it good enough for me, and that the way I would go even a Mayor of criminal law, that is a president I would vote for that person, and it just my way of what I believe into and that all and talk to you soon Broken English!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Kirstin Lobato Las Vegas NV & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum