Was Curatolo in the Piazza Grimana Nov 1st?

Was Curatolo in the Piazza Grimana Nov 1st?

Postby schmidt53 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 am

Curatolo who hangs out at the piazza all the time is the prosecution witness that is suppose to see them on the night of November 1st. at a time they claim to be at Raffaele flat the entire night. He the witness that put them close the cottage busting their alibi proving them to be liars thus murders.

Yet in Hellmann report Curatolo says he saw the current defendants lingering in there in deep discussion between 9:30 pm when he (Curatolo) arrived in the Piazza Grimana and before midnight when once the buses had left (about 10 minutes later) that took people to the discos, he also left to go and sleep in the park.

So Curatolo is in the piazza in time to see two young people talking by the basketball court looking down the road towards the cottage. Just before he leaves that night he looks and the two young people are gone assuring us they didn't pass him going away from the cottage but he didn't see where they went. After the buses leaves he leaves you know the buses with the young students that were there the night before. So Curatolo who lives in the Piazza Grimana that night just makes a lucky visit to read his paper on the park bench he spends so much of time before going to the park to go to bed.

Where was he before going back to the piazza?
What park are we talking about here by the way?
Had he stayed in the piazza longer do you think he could have heard Meredith's scream? If Capezzali could hear it though double glazed windows why couldn't Curatolo why sitting on the bench in the piazza.

Curatolo returns to the piazza at 9:30 pm in time to see Amanda/Raffaele already there lingering in a deep conversation the question is even if there were two people talking why would he remember the time and remember the two people.

Had the computer expert completely destroy their computer alibi leaving only Raffaele friend seeing them at 8:40 does Rudy Guede stating he saw them at the cottage at around 9:30 pm become believable? To the point that when Curatolo sees them the murder has already happen.
schmidt53

Re: Was Curatolo in the Piazza Grimana Nov 1st?

Postby schmidt53 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

So no one finds it strange that Curatolo who suppose to live in the Piazza Grimana wasn't there when Amanda and Raffaele arrive having stepped out to who knows where bathroom break or to shoot up on his heroin.
Is this suppose to make his knowing the time of the sighting more believable?
He also checked the time when he walked into the piazza? To sit on his bench to read his magazine?
Then only spends just the right amount of time before leaving to a park to sleep anyone knows which park?
The time of his departure is based on the Wednesday buses.
What if he was still on the piazza bench when Meredith was suppose to be killed?
Do think her scream could have been heard from the Piazza Grimana?
Who saw him in the piazza that night?
There were CCTV in the Piazza Grimana yet no one saw the footage why?
How do we know his entire testimony wasn't made up?

No one has a thought at all?
schmidt53

Postby Dougm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:41 am

schmidt53 wrote:So no one finds it strange that Curatolo who suppose to live in the Piazza Grimana wasn't there when Amanda and Raffaele arrive having stepped out to who knows where bathroom break or to shoot up on his heroin.
He also checked the time when he walked into the piazza? To sit on his bench to read his magazine?
Then only spends just the right amount of time before leaving to a park to sleep anyone knows which park?
What if he was still on the piazza bench when Meredith was suppose to be killed?

My thought is that in most cases, Curatolo's testimony would have been ripped to shreads (as it was here, but even more so). As you point out, there are tons of inconsistencies.

Your post does make me think though. Was there CCTV in the Piazza? There were other people there, wouldn't it make sense for the defense to call some of them to contradict his testimony, and say they didn't see Amanda and Raffaele there?

I think sometimes the defense (and us) see these bits of "evidence" as silly, so they don't need to be proven wrong. But the courts seem to believe them.
When you berate someone and push them and confuse them and lie to them and convince them that they're wrong you're not finding the truth.

Amanda Knox
Dougm

Postby schmidt53 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Dougm wrote:
schmidt53 wrote:So no one finds it strange that Curatolo who suppose to live in the Piazza Grimana wasn't there when Amanda and Raffaele arrive having stepped out to who knows where bathroom break or to shoot up on his heroin.

My thought is that in most cases, Curatolo's testimony would have been ripped to shreads (as it was here, but even more so). As you point out, there are tons of inconsistencies.

Your post does make me think though. Was there CCTV in the Piazza? There were other people there, wouldn't it make sense for the defense to call some of them to contradict his testimony, and say they didn't see Amanda and Raffaele there?

I think sometimes the defense (and us) see these bits of "evidence" as silly, so they don't need to be proven wrong. But the courts seem to believe them.

Raffaele mentions in his book there were CCTV in the piazza which were control by the city of Perugia when his defense they asked about them they got no for a answer no reason given.
schmidt53

Postby schmidt53 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 pm

schmidt53 wrote:
Dougm wrote:

Raffaele mentions in his book there were CCTV in the piazza which were control by the city of Perugia when his defense they asked about them they got no for a answer no reason given.

On page 105 Honor Bound
The first camera was outside a military barracks on Corso Garibaldi, halfway between my front door and Piazza Grimana. The second was a city operated camera on the corner of Piazza Grimana itself. If Amanda or I had gone to Via dell Pergola on the night of November 1, we argued, the cameras would have picked up our trace-possibly in both directions.
Again, the request was as much about appearing innocent as it was about clearing my name. This time, though, we were turned down without explanation.

Wouldn't either camera prove when Amanda went to the Via dell Pergola on the morning of Nov 2 was it after Quintvalle saw her at his store at 8 am before going to the cottage or the time of 10-10:30 am that Amanda claims.
schmidt53

Postby schmidt53 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Rudy Guede claims the murder happens a little before 9:30 pm, claiming to see Amanda running away from the cottage towards the gate.

Curatolo claims to see Amanda/Raffaele in the near the basketball court upon his return to the Piazza Grimana at 9:30 pm. If Curatolo enters the Piazza from the University of Foreigners side does that mean that Amanda and Raffaele came to the basketball court from the cottage?

This timeline might have worked until the defense presents the computer/eye witness alibi which of course isn't for sometime the question it when is it presented?

Does Mignini not like Guede story that Meredith let him into the cottage at the time she arrived home. That he was there already waiting for her because that would also be the time for a real break-in would have to happen. That would mean Amanda didn't let him into the cottage nor did they run into Guede before going to the cottage. So if Amanda and Raffaele show up when Rudy is in the bathroom kill Meredith and run away to the basketball court since Rudy was in the cottage when they arrived does that not say why would they stage the break-in.

Rudy claims in his letter from Germany to have left the cottage going though the gate up the stairs by the basketball court up the street going around above the basketball court and the Piazza Grimana back to his apartment. Wouldn't Amanda and Raffaele in the basketball court area see him? Since that Curatolo sees them to around 11:30 pm that would leave in question the Meredith cell phone activity around 10:00 and 10:13 pm.

Curatolo arriving back at the Piazza around 9:30 pm is from Hellmann report. Mignini did get Curatolo to go from the 9:30 pm time to a less precious time of around 9:30 pm to 10 pm. Then again Mignini had moved the time of the murder ahead by 2 hours anyways, which is his right since Curatolo time of 9:30 came with some help of the police in the first place.
schmidt53

Postby kindlekitten » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 am

in the piazza observing the non existent buses on that one particular night, right?
kindlekitten

Postby pmop57 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 am

I think the discussion about Curatolo is idle. Curatola is one of those homeless who was sitting around in Perugia, he was somehow part of the decor of the Centre of Perugia, nobody would pay attention to him and nobody would waste the time to have a look at his watch to remember the time when he saw him sitting around. Nobody was bothering about Curatolo. And Curatolo was not bothering about anybody particulary being around him. If you take a look at the fotos of him you see a man who is drawn by the life in the streets, by alcohol and drug abuse. looking much older than he was.
Curatolo would never have adressed the Police voluntary (literaly). Curatolo was accosted by the famous apprentice journalist from Giornale di Umbria (the same who also accosted Quintavalle) on search for a cover story, for a scoop. It is said that for a pair of shoes Curatolo was coaxed to make an interview.
After this interview Curatolo was of cause abused by the Police and the Prosecution because what he had to say was so well fitting their case, Curatolo was a further welcome finding (product) to sew up a hole in the constructed story against Amanda and Raffaele. The Perugia Courts are certainly the only one existing to accept Curatolo as a reliable witness in a murder trial.
Another point is, why was the journalist newer questionned about his miraculous findings. There was no reason to protect him in this case, he could not refer to protection of (confidential) sources, he had presented his sources publically. It would have interisting to hear his statements unter oath. It would probably have helped to answer many questions about the the super witnesses Curatolo and Quintavalle.
But wy to do this efforts, under Italian law witnesses always tell the truth (in the very large sense), why shouldn't they? At least as long as they are in compliance of their stories.The story is finally the ne plus ultra in Italien Courts.
pmop57

Postby schmidt53 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:35 pm

pmop57 wrote:I think the discussion about Curatolo is idle. Curatola is one of those homeless who was sitting around in Perugia, he was somehow part of the decor of the Centre of Perugia, nobody would pay attention to him and nobody would waste the time to have a look at his watch to remember the time when he saw him sitting around. Nobody was bothering about Curatolo. And Curatolo was not bothering about anybody particulary being around him. If you take a look at the fotos of him you see a man who is drawn by the life in the streets, by alcohol and drug abuse. looking much older than he was.
Curatolo would never have adressed the Police voluntary (literaly). Curatolo was accosted by the famous apprentice journalist from Giornale di Umbria (the same who also accosted Quintavalle) on search for a cover story, for a scoop. It is said that for a pair of shoes Curatolo was coaxed to make an interview.
After this interview Curatolo was of cause abused by the Police and the Prosecution because what he had to say was so well fitting their case, Curatolo was a further welcome finding (product) to sew up a hole in the constructed story against Amanda and Raffaele. The Perugia Courts are certainly the only one existing to accept Curatolo as a reliable witness in a murder trial.
Another point is, why was the journalist newer questionned about his miraculous findings. There was no reason to protect him in this case, he could not refer to protection of (confidential) sources, he had presented his sources publically. It would have interisting to hear his statements unter oath. It would probably have helped to answer many questions about the the super witnesses Curatolo and Quintavalle.
But wy to do this efforts, under Italian law witnesses always tell the truth (in the very large sense), why shouldn't they? At least as long as they are in compliance of their stories.The story is finally the ne plus ultra in Italien Courts.

The point I trying to make is when is the earliest could Amanda/Raffaele have been in the Piazza Grimani?
Could they have be in the piazza only after they directly came from Raffaele's apartment at around 9:30 pm?
Could they have been at the cottage have a involvement in the murder and return to the Piazza Grimani in time to been seen by Curatolo?
Since Rudy Guede puts himself at/in the cottage at 9 pm till around 9:30 pm at time he claims the murder happens even if Amanda/Raffaele are in the Piazza Gramani around 9:30 pm they are too late.

Also I think Meredith was murdered closer to the 8:56 pm phone to her mother time period.

Also I Curatolo was more likely sitting in the Piazza Grimani maybe the entire night and his returning to the piazza at 9:30 pm is a memory gimmick. Like the buses were the reason he remembers the time he left the piazza that night the whole thing is made up. Except that was the wrong night.
schmidt53

Postby schmidt53 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Curatolo testimony

Massei Trial Transcript Exerpts Antonio Curatolo

When ask to indicate them he points at Amanda and Raffaele saying its her and him. But I knew them from before. It wasn't like I had only seen them just that night. Already before....

Schmidt53 About Rudy?

MASSEI Did you know him (Rudy)?

CURATOLO No.

MASSEI Did you see him that evening?

CURATOLO No, I didn't see colored, North American people

MASSEI What do you mean? You said North American people.

CURATOLO No, North African. Being black he must be North African. At least I think so.

MASSEI And you didn't see him that night?

CURATOLO No I didn't see him.

Schmidt53 Curatolo remembers Amanda and Raffaele from a few times they passed though the Piazza Grimana. Yet he doesn't know who Rudy Guede is even though Rudy had played basketball regularly at the basketball court next to the piazza (Curatolo hangout) since around August after he quit his gardening job. Notice the North African comment? He does admit he read magazines about the case. When Guede was mention early on as a "fourth suspect" before his name was used he was called a major drug dealer from North Africa. So along with all the articles about Amanda and Raffaele it this show a little knowledge that seeped into Curatolo thinking about what he saw that night.

MARESCA Do you remember seeing where the two defendants came from in respect to Piazza Grimana?

CURATOLO No, and neither where they went. When I noticed them they were already sitting on the wall.

MARESCA Where were you sitting?

CURATOLO I was sitting on the bench when I looked toward the other end of the basketball court they were already sitting on the wall and I don't know where they came from.

MASSEI At what time did you arrive at this bench alone?

CURATOLO Around 9:30.

MASSEI Where did you come from?

CURATOLO Corso Garibaldi

MASSEI So you came from Corso Garibaldi. Can you say where the bench is?

CURATOLO It's near the news kiosk.

MASSEI IN respect of the basketball court where its the bench? Behind the court?

CURATOLO No, no it to the left.

Schmidt53 Curatolo admits he doesn't see Amanda and Raffaele arrive to the basketball court.

MASSEI So you were sitting on the bench. Other then looking through L'Espressotathat you read, what did you see?

CURATOLO When I stopped reading I smoked a cigarette and saw everything.

MASSEI So you arrived at the bench at 9:30, 10:00?

CURATOLO Yes

MASSEI And what did you begin to do?

CURATOLO I say down, I smoked a cigarette, and I started reading.

MASSEI You read some articles in L'Espresso?

CURATOLO Yes.

MASSEI How long did this reading last?

CURATOLO 20 minutes.

MASSEI And while you read you also looked around?

CURATOLO No, no, when I read I read, then after...

MASSEI When you read you read, you don't look around.

CURATOLO Yes.

MASSEI And when did you start to look around?

CURATOLO When I was tired of reading, I put down the reading and I smoked a cigarette and I watched the people.

MASSEI And when you looked around what did you see?

CURATOLO Everything there was.

MASSEI And in particular the two kids, who you recognized today, when did you see them?

CURATOLO After the reading that I did, so it would be between 9:30 and 10:00.

MASSEI How?

CURATOLO After the first reading that I did it would have be between 9:30 and 10:00.

MASSEI Can you describe where these kids were, that we can now call by name seeing as you recognized them, where were they?

CURATOLO At the other end of the basketball court, near where you shoot the basketball. There a pole and there's a pole with a light...

MASSEI So in respect to the bench, where were they?

CURATOLO On the left.

MASSEI On the left a little behind, in front of you, on the same lines as the bench?

CURATOLO More or less on the same line on the left.

Schmidt53 So to summarize Curatolo starts his trip to Piazza Grimani from Corso Garibaldi where he arrives at 9:30 pm he sits at his usual park bench he reads a little and smokes before he sees Amanda and Raffaele at the far end of the basketball court. He claims not to see them when they arrived.

1.Can Amanda and Raffaele leave his apartment and arrive at the basketball court walking on Corso Garibaldi at the same time as Curatolo is on Corso Garibaldi without him seeing them?
2.Can Amanda and Raffaele arrive at the basketball court passing Curatolo as he sits on the bench?

If you say no to 1 and 2 does that mean it is more likely that Amanda and Raffaele arrived at the basketball court coming from the cottage after the murder? Which would fit in with Rudy Guede story he told when he was interrogated by Mignini about seeing Amanda and the stranger outside the cottage between 9:20 and 9:30 pm. Just before going to the basketball court in time to be seen by Curatolo.
schmidt53

Postby schmidt53 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Rudy story is he arrives at the cottage alone and gets into the cottage with Meredith help time 9 pm. The murder happens before 9:30 pm. With Amanda and Raffale arriving shortly before 9:30 pm. Rudy claims to see Amanda outside the cottage later join by the stranger who cut Rudy hand with a sharp knife.

Where do they go from there? At around 9:30 pm?

Curatolo story is he sees Amanda/Raffaele between 9:30 and 10 pm at the basketball court when returns to the piazza at 9:30 pm arriving via Corso Garibaldi.
Since this the same route Amanda/Raffaele and the same time they would have taken on the way to the cottage is this a attempt connect Amanda/Raffaele to Rudy's story? That when Curatolo sees them it is after the murder not before the murder?

Rudy goes on the say he left the cottage around 9:30 pm going home so he not around for a the later time the prosecution claim the murder happens. No witness that says different. No witness puts him near the cottage with Amanda and Raffaele for the later murder time period.

Mignini problems with Rudy story:

1. Time frame is too small
2. Computer alibi for Raffaele who gives Amanda her alibi at this time means Rudy story is unworkable
3. Multiply killers Rudy story is Amanda is outside with the only person he sees coming after he came out of the bathroom is the stranger exiting Meredith bedroom. Since this is right after he claims to hear Meredith scream that says the stranger is the lone killer.
4. Rudy says the stranger slash at him cutting his hand with a sharp knife which doesn't match either the Raffaele kitchen knife or any pen knives that Raffaele carried.
5. Staging the crime scene (moving the body taking off Meredith clothes) Rudy claims he and Meredith had sexual contact before Amanda/Raffale showed up something they wouldn't have known about so why would they have staged the crime scene in this way? The biggest problem is the pillow found under Meredith body that has all the evidence pointing at Rudy bloody hand and footprints the clincher would be the semen stain. That why if it had been tested the result will never be known since if it is Rudy's along with the knife cuts on his hand suggest he had a knife in his hand and slipped when he killed Meredith then he sexually assaulted her.
6. Staging the break-in since Rudy in his story places him at the cottage before Meredith arrival he had the time and reason being short of money to break-in. Since he claims only after his arrest and return to Italy that he saw Amanda at the cottage at the time of the murder with 1 and 2 says this is self serving cover story.

Since Rudy says Meredith not Amanda/Raffale let him in there no connection between the three. So no connection another self serving cover story. No reason for them explain how Rudy got into the cottage by staging the break-in which is a police/prosecution theory.

Mignini problems with Curatolo story:

1. With Curatolo returning the Piazza Grimani at 9:30 pm he misses seeing Rudy passing though the piazza at the time he says he did 8:30 pm so combine with Rudy story of being in the cottage by 9 pm. Curatolo can't be a witness of any meeting that night with all three suspects for a later murder time.
2. Since Mignini says they ran into Rudy on the way to the cottage is this the reason Curatolo claims to see Raffaele is getting up and walking over to the railing to see the gate the only entrance to cottage area? Is to check for Rudy who according to him is gone already and is after the murder?

Seem like they all missed the bus or was it just the wrong night? No problem just change the meaning of Curatolo statement of seeing them near the basketball court after the murder to seeing them before the murder. Since Curatolo is wrong about seeing them at all much like the parting students and the buses that took them to the clubs it was a different night. When you consider how long it is before he come forth to tell his story it understandable.

So when you consider how much trouble Rudy story gives Mignini it better that it never told in court by Rudy Guede. Answer Fast track trial for Rudy Guede.
schmidt53

Postby Mafiabuster » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Interesting post. I don't think Curatolo was confused about which night it was. I don't think he ever saw them in the piazza. Wasn't he a career witness for the police?
Mafiabuster

Postby schmidt53 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Curatolo testimony in the appeal court questioned by Judge Zanetti

Judge: So, you saw Amanda and Raffaele?

Curatolo: Yeah, it was Halloween when I saw them. I know this because I saw the kids getting on the disco buses all dressed up in
costumes. That's how I also know what time it was.

Judge: When is Halloween?

Curatolo: I don't know. Maybe end of October or beginning of November, I think.

Judge: You aren't sure? What about your case now? You are in prison correct? How long will you be there?

Curatolo: I don't know. I don't understand the case against me really. I understand nothing.

Judge: OK, so how did you live in the park? Where you alwasys there?

Curatolo: Always, yes. I never left. I just lived there. On the bech mostly.

Judge: What about when you had to go to the restroom?

Curatolo: I went to the bathroom in the wooded area down the hill.

Judge: So you weren't there all the time then?

Curatolo: What do you mean?

Judge: Never mind. So, are you certain the buses were disco buses and not tour buses?

Curatolo: Yes, definitely disco buses. They look different from other buses.

Prosecution: No, no you must be mistaken?

Curatolo: No. I am certain they were disco buses.

Judge: Do you take drugs?

Curatolo: Yes, heroin

Judge: Were you taking drugs on that night?

Curatolo: I always take drugs, so most certainly I was high the night...but that's ok. Heroin does not make you hallucinate or anything.

Judge: Guards, take him away. I am done.

Schmidt53So Curatolo spends most of time in Piazza Grimani even sleeps there yet on the night of the murder he was on Corso Garibaldi the street Raffaele lives on before returning to piazza at 9:30 pm near the time Amanda and Raffaele are leaving his apartment. He hangings around in the piazza long enough to know what time AK and RS have left the area. He then goes and sleep in a different park why? How or why should we believe he can remember the time he return to the piazza that night when he gets the end of his so wrong? The disco buses which were there there the night before.
schmidt53

Postby Annella » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Worth bearing this in mind.

"Heroin. Individuals suffering from heroin addiction and drug abuse may have tightly constricted pupils. Their pupils will not respond to low light, impairing vision. In addition the constriction of the blood vessels, can lead to loss of vision or blurred vision. - See more at: http://www.drugrehabfl.net/2012/09/28/a ... CGZYs.dpuf
'The Italian concept of judicial truth does not trouble itself with reality; it controls the narrative by controlling the past"
Annella

Postby pmop57 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 am

The question was never about whether Curatolo was a creditable witness or not! I cannot believe that a reasonable Judge would have accepted Nd judged him a credible witness (Mignini, of cause yes, because Mignini among other qualifications is a dangerous person and an opportunist).
Whether under the influence of "hallucinogenics" or not Curatolo never was a credible witness and this for multiple reasipoms, the abuse of heroin was only one of them.
Others are:
- He was not contacting the Police to tell about his observations, he was contacted by an apprentee journalist from Giornale del Umbria on the search for a scoop nearly a year after the crime occured. Anybody who knows how real life works must know that this journalist approached Curatolo directly or indirectly a way to get his story, this is mainly based on creating an so called win win situation, I want an information and you may need ... . There is no reason why this would have worked a different way with Curatolo (rumours said he had been offered a pair of shoes, .., .) And of cause it was the journalist (or whomever this person was) who gave Curatolo the necessary informations to remember the evening of thd 1t of Nov. 2007 (we had after all been a year later the crime had occured), some photos of AK and RS, some indications of the day, the day after Halloween, ... . Or does anybody believe he approached him saying, nice to meet you, can you eventually remember if you saw MK and RS the night of the 1th Nov. 2007 at Piazza Grimana, you certainly remember the night of the murder, ... .
- Curatolo had already been a witness for the Prosecution in two high profile cases, how likely is it that this happens during the life time of one person .
- Curatolo was himself under investigation and might really have had an interest to collaborate with the Police
- Life in the streets is very health consuming (equally brain consuming: drug and alcohol abuse), does reall anybody believe that Curatolo would remember a singular event like observing two youngsters a year ago, a precise day (even if connected to precise event, a man spending all the days the same ways, observing tons of different people. Only complete fools can believe this.
- Curatolo was abused, first by the journalist, than by Mignini, and finally Mignini makes himself a fool, not even to talk about the Judges.

But as always, as the Prosecution did not have a case, they had been very thankful for whatever assistance to make up their case, Curatolo says it all.

And I insist I am not anybody who has something against homeless man. The abuser in this case are the Prosecution and the Judges, Curstolo is somehow a victim like so many other.
pmop57

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum