Meredith's door

Meredith's door

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Here's a few more photos.

dsc_0181.jpg

dsc_0237.jpg

dsc_0238.jpg

dsc_0239.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Meredith's door

Postby freeski » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am

Interesting that there is blood on the door right up to the very edge of the outside but none on the outside itself. It's as though when the door was closed, any blood on the outside was wiped clean. I suppose it could just be coincidence that the blood stains didn't quite make it to the outside of the door, but I doubt it. I know if I cut myself the damned stuff gets everywhere. Did the police ever use luminol/TMB on the outside of the door? Why would I not be surprised to find the answer is no!

I think that Guede was quite careful and calculating to make sure the scene outside the murder room was as clean as possible. This would be to maximise the time before discovery of the body. He closed and locked Meredith's door. He closed Filomena's door. He took the phones so they wouldn't ring. He was careful to avoid too much mess outside the room. All the bloody towels were moved into the room, none left outside, even though he must have used some of them to clean himself up. In this sense he was quite successful. Amanda didn't notice too much wrong first time. The postal police didn't notice too much when they got there, other than the break-in (it's not as if there's a body under the sofa!).

The things that he forgot about or got wrong were the shit in the other bathroom, the print on the bathmat, and not realising the front door would swing open. If he had covered those up, Amanda and Raffaele would have breezed off to Gubbio and been none the wiser. It's quite conceivable that Meredith would not have been found for another day or two, giving him more time to think about what to do.

It does show a calculating and ruthless mind at work, even under extreme pressure.
freeski

Postby Grayhawker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

Apparently, since there were no photos of the door jam that it suffered little damage? That is surprising. I guess it was so solid and had metal hardware reinforcing it that the damage was primarily to the door. Did I mention that this surprises me?
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby RoseMontague » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Grayhawker wrote:Apparently, since there were no photos of the door jam that it suffered little damage? That is surprising. I guess it was so solid and had metal hardware reinforcing it that the damage was primarily to the door. Did I mention that this surprises me?

Pictures of the door jam show it still intact. At an angle you can see it was bent. The wood in the door failed rather than the lock or jam. It appears to have split along the line of one of the screws.
RoseMontague

Postby Sarah » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 pm

For MichaelB
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:59 am

I still don't understand the deadbolt on Meredith's door. It wasn't engaged and was still inside the lock wasn't it? If it's not then where was it found? I've always thought Guede just pulled the door behind him.

Have a look at this photo of the kicked in door downstairs. The lock is identical and you can see the deadbolt was engaged and stayed in position after the door had broken down unlike Meredith's door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby kermit the frog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:37 pm

The bolt might remain in the frame when it is broken off from the lock. But even if it dropped down somewhere - is there a complete list of every little piece found in the scene? In any case it is evident that the door was locked - what usually requires turning the key in the keyhole.
je suis Charlie
kermit the frog

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum