General Discussion Advocate Thread

Re: General Discussion Thread

Postby linzki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 am

Kaosium wrote:
kindlekitten wrote:so it's easy to believe Patrick and completely doubt Amanda?

I think the point is: after that happening to him, how can he doubt that Amanda was coerced into that statement?

Exactly, Lumumba have said to have gotten same kind of treatment as Amanda. So there's two stories that support each other and as we now
Lumumba doesn't have nice, warm thoughts about Amanda so this should give even more value to the similarities of their stories
because Lumumba most likely doesn't have any intensions to say this to help Amanda and i haven't seen him repeat this later.
Was he also pressured and threatened by prosecution to not tell about his interrogation anymore. And as this interview is from 2007
it also add to the credibility of it; it's more likely not affected by external forces yet and is his real, original account about what happened.

I don't think how this interview was done, if DailyMail has a tape of it to back up their story and could it be asked to be used as evidence
to help Amanda and even Lumumba. Or is it possible stand against corrupt police even if there's two wittnesses?

Anyway if there's two stories and if police can't produce recording of either interrogation that should atleast add more doubt against police.

edit:

I'd like to add also that when people asks why did she point finger at PL? Of course police pressured her to it and as we know that text message must have made them already think that PL was in it too, as they had misinterpreted the message to mean that they was suppose to meet.

Under a lot of pressure and totally confused she was easy prey to be manipulated to question her own memory. As they mold her thinking towards what they like to hear they have now introduced PL into mix too.

Man with an iron will might stand longer against the pressure, but finally we all would brake down and when will is shattered, own thinking is shattered and left is only basic instinct to survive. And here we are talking about fragile, naive girl.

So in her imagination she places (or should i say police places) PL and herself together in the house (of course she has to put her in there too, how else could she "know" PL weas there).

In this situation one submits to the external force, there simply is no other way. Even a drowning man, in his normal state might never try to kill somebody, but when he's drowning - however nice he would normally be - it is not wise to swim near him unless you're ready to drown with him. It they both drown, do we say he was a murderer? No.

If she's been manipulated to doubt her own memory and to think she must have been in that house then why isn't it even more plausible to assume that PL was there too. After all - taking in account her confused state - how the hell would she know for sure PL wasn't there.

So it's not Amandas fault. Police intentionally made her to a "drowning man" and then threw PL near her into that same water.
linzki

Postby Mandos » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:54 am

Look, Patrick Lumumba's amazing 180 degree turn-around regarding this treatment at hands of the Perugian police and his current venomous attitude towards Amanda isn't surprising at all. The man was arrested, brutalized by the police and then held for two weeks until his business went bankrupt. He lost everything he had, but he knows he won't get compensation from the Italian state. He knows that further accusations of police abuse may well lead to calumnia charges against him (good luck fighting that charge when it's your word against that of several police officers). When he was released the witch hunt against Amanda in the media was reaching a crescendo and I'm sure he was extremely angry at Amanda for naming him (even though he knew what the Perugian police was capable of). So, he went the way of least resistance, joined the "Burn the witch!" crowd, hoping to receive some financial compensation from Amanda in this way. God knows he wasn't going to get anything any other way.
Mandos

Postby linzki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:32 am

So, basicly PL accuses AK for throwing him under the bus, but does exactly same thing to Amanda. What a gentleman :clap:
linzki

Postby florence » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:55 am

Lumumba was apparently awarded some damages by Italy but he rejected this to pursue a case against the country at the ECHR, obviously in the hope of getting more money. His application to the ECHR isn't even valid as an Italian court eventually found in his favour.

What was the thinking of this Italian court, in what way did it find Patrick's rights had been violated by the Perugia magistrates?

Just that fact in itself shows that whatever happened to him in Perugia had little to do with Amanda Knox, the Perugia authorities all on their own initiative mistreated him and violated his rights.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/amanda-knox-ad ... er-1435683
Knox was convicted of slandering Lumumba and ordered to pay him 22,000 Euros in 2011. He was also later awarded 8,000 Euros in damages by the Italian state, but he rejected this to pursue a claim through the European Court of Human Rights.

He must be annoyed that even Nencini hasn't said Amanda should pay him more than 22,000 euros, even though he stuck a few more years onto her jail sentence.
florence

Re: General Discussion Thread for Advocates

Postby kindlekitten » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm

~~~~~~are we doing the time warp? can something be done to the dates on these recent posts?~~~~~~~~
kindlekitten

Postby Bruce Fischer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Most of these posts are not recent. This thread was not visited for a long time and was recently posted in again.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby kindlekitten » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm

look at linzki's post, then look at the one under it
kindlekitten

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:13 pm

This site could use votes and comments:

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-amanda-knox-guilty
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby michellesings » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Whoa, that poll has been trolled by the Amanda Knox haters. It has nothing to do with reality. They aren't fooling anyone. The verdict is laughable. We're laughing at you, Nencini.
michellesings

Re: General Discussion Advocate Thread

Postby jane » Thu May 22, 2014 9:32 am

Can someone please explain to me why this "guilter" information has a link with the same name as the one supported by this forum? Who is responsible for this misinformation?

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Myths_debunked
jane

Postby Jay » Thu May 22, 2014 11:15 am

jane wrote:Can someone please explain to me why this "guilter" information has a link with the same name as the one supported by this forum? Who is responsible for this misinformation?

The one supported by this site is www.murderofmeredithkercher.com... there is no "the".
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Mahatma Gandhi
Jay

Postby jane » Thu May 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Jay wrote:
jane wrote:Can someone please explain to me why this "guilter" information has a link with the same name as the one supported by this forum? Who is responsible for this misinformation?

The one supported by this site is http://www.murderofmeredithkercher.com... there is no "the".

Thanks, Jay. I figured that out after a while.
jane

Postby Jay » Thu May 22, 2014 3:22 pm

jane wrote:
Jay wrote:

The one supported by this site is http://www.murderofmeredithkercher.com... there is no "the".

Thanks, Jay. I figured that out after a while.

You're welcome. :)
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Mahatma Gandhi
Jay

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Could some of you please take time to respond to comments made under the Amanda's article post?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amanda-Knox-and-Raffaele-Sollecito/106344459390034

The post was boosted to the UK and there are many negative comments.

Please be polite and informative.

Thanks!
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby roteoctober » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I left that page some time ago exactly because too many offenses and provocations were allowed to be posted there.
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:27 pm

roteoctober wrote:I left that page some time ago exactly because too many offenses and provocations were allowed to be posted there.

The pro-Amanda/pro-Raffaele administrator of that page is committed to letting people post there, regardless of their views.

Contrast this with the moderation of the PMF sites, or with TJMK. You are banned simply for not joining in the vile insults aimed at Amanda or Raffaele. This is all you need to know.
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby roteoctober » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:44 pm

To accept dissenting opinions is all good and well until the opinions are politely expressed showing education on the poster's side.
I have always found a bit masochistic the publication of certain comments on pro innocence sites, however it is a personal consideration and out of this consideration I left.
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby LarryK » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:22 am

To all who are advocating for Amanda and Raffaele's innocence, it has been a very rewarding 4 years interacting with you all. In view of shifts in my life and the present general quietness of activity in the cases I am following, I have decided to take a leave of absence from this forum, starting shortly. I will still keep up with the cases through other sources, and when a significant development happens I will return here. (Most of you probably realize that I'm not involved in arguing with guilters, but only interacting with other advocates.) If you want to say something to me here or by PM you have a few days. Otherwise, farewell, and may you (and the people we are seeking justice for) have a wonderful 2015! Regards, Larry
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby pmop57 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:20 am

LarryK,
It is very sad to hear that you intend to withdraw from posting here. It was always a great pleasure for me to read your posts and exchange opinions. I will certainly miss you advocating for innocence here.
I wish you all the best for your future occupations and nevertheless hope to hear from you here or on other threads.
Good luck,
Patrick, Luxembourg
pmop57

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:01 pm

LarryK wrote:To all who are advocating for Amanda and Raffaele's innocence, it has been a very rewarding 4 years interacting with you all. In view of shifts in my life and the present general quietness of activity in the cases I am following, I have decided to take a leave of absence from this forum, starting shortly. I will still keep up with the cases through other sources, and when a significant development happens I will return here. (Most of you probably realize that I'm not involved in arguing with guilters, but only interacting with other advocates.) If you want to say something to me here or by PM you have a few days. Otherwise, farewell, and may you (and the people we are seeking justice for) have a wonderful 2015! Regards, Larry

You'll be missed Larry. Please check in with us now and then.
The forum has certainly seen busier days, back when the Amanda Knox was newer.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby roteoctober » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:40 am

I'm sorry to hear this from you Larry, but I understand your POV.
It must be said however that not posting every day does not mean people have lost interest.
For what concerns me personally, I find natural that, after a first phase as a newcomer, when all is new to you and one may post several times a day, there comes a moment when you have already said all you had to say, perhaps twice or thrice, and hence further repetitions of the same things appear to you uselessly redundant.
I'm confident we will hear again from you by the end of March. ;-)
In the meantime, all the best.
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby Bill Williams » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:35 pm

roteoctober wrote:I'm sorry to hear this from you Larry, but I understand your POV.
It must be said however that not posting every day does not mean people have lost interest.
For what concerns me personally, I find natural that, after a first phase as a newcomer, when all is new to you and one may post several times a day, there comes a moment when you have already said all you had to say, perhaps twice or thrice, and hence further repetitions of the same things appear to you uselessly redundant.

Now that Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic has made mention of this website (IIP), it does no harm to repeat the defence's case. Apparently the petition is also catching fire (moderately) and Fox News in the USA this morning reviewed the cases to come in 2015; and called the "Amanda Knox case" a frame-up.

"Numbers" here and on ISF has an encyclopaedic mind about ECHR. For me all that is new (and somewhat baffling). As March 25, 2015, approaches it is perhaps all the more important to review the nature of the convictions, and how they are built upon guesses, surmises, probablies, and a reversal of burden of proof.

Since March 2013 this has perhaps not been about Italian law at all, but as Judge Hellmann (the acquitting judge) said, about the power of the party of the PMs within the bloated Italian judiciary. Do newbies know these things?
    “The only way I can pay back for what fate and society have handed me is to try, in minor totally useless ways, to make an angry sound against injustice.”
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby TomG » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:26 pm

roteoctober wrote:I'm sorry to hear this from you Larry, but I understand your POV.

I tend to agree with this observation. I sense that we are all a bit burned out banging our heads off a brick wall. Perhaps that's why as Sarah said the forum's a but quieter these days.

Hoots!
Who punched the downstairs cat in the ear? That I'd like to know!
TomG

Postby LarryK » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:12 am

I don't really want to start a new thread with this, just a tongue-in-cheek observation. :winks: It appears that the principal criterion to receive the nomination for President of the United States from a major political party this year, was to have supported Amanda Knox's case while in prison! Donald Trump spoke openly in her support and may have financially helped her family (I'm not sure of this.) Hillary Clinton probably acted as Secretary of State to work behind the scenes to get Amanda's appeal trial presided over by a judge like Hellmann, who was known to be fair-minded and independent of the political establishment. As far as I know none of the other Democratic or Republican candidates did anything for her. It must have been Donald and Hillary's help that won them the nominations! So on that note, I encourage U.S. voters to decide which candidate did the most for Amanda and vote accordingly! :clap: :::thumbs up:::
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Bill Williams » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:38 am

LarryK wrote:I don't really want to start a new thread with this, just a tongue-in-cheek observation. :winks: It appears that the principal criterion to receive the nomination for President of the United States from a major political party this year, was to have supported Amanda Knox's case while in prison! Donald Trump spoke openly in her support and may have financially helped her family (I'm not sure of this.) Hillary Clinton probably acted as Secretary of State to work behind the scenes to get Amanda's appeal trial presided over by a judge like Hellmann, who was known to be fair-minded and independent of the political establishment. As far as I know none of the other Democratic or Republican candidates did anything for her. It must have been Donald and Hillary's help that won them the nominations! So on that note, I encourage U.S. voters to decide which candidate did the most for Amanda and vote accordingly! :clap: :::thumbs up:::

Just goes to show the power of Gogerty-Marriot and the PR Suprtanker!
    Martha Gellhorn
Bill Williams

Postby LarryK » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:15 pm

So this means that Amanda has actually been pulling the strings in this election to make sure that one of her supporters becomes President. Then after 8 more years she'll be old enough to run herself!
LarryK

Postby Samson » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:25 am

LarryK wrote:I don't really want to start a new thread with this, just a tongue-in-cheek observation. :winks: It appears that the principal criterion to receive the nomination for President of the United States from a major political party this year, was to have supported Amanda Knox's case while in prison! Donald Trump spoke openly in her support and may have financially helped her family (I'm not sure of this.) Hillary Clinton probably acted as Secretary of State to work behind the scenes to get Amanda's appeal trial presided over by a judge like Hellmann, who was known to be fair-minded and independent of the political establishment. As far as I know none of the other Democratic or Republican candidates did anything for her. It must have been Donald and Hillary's help that won them the nominations! So on that note, I encourage U.S. voters to decide which candidate did the most for Amanda and vote accordingly! :clap: :::thumbs up:::

I am far from convinced Hillary was a useful friend. She was looking for Italian troops to help in Afghanistan at the time, and batted away Senator Cantwell. To be fair Trump had no skin in the game like Hillary and could state the blinding obvious without concern for appeasing the failing Italian state.

The bottom line remains, Hillary did nothing visible, and Trump should accordingly be elected president.
Single issue voting is the way forward :)
Justice is an issue not a word. Find one issue that isn't fair and change that, and that's justice.
Samson

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 am

To Larry

In my own opinion, I do agree that Trump did help out even he told the world that we should boycott Italy and I agree with him on that part, even he was right. But with Hilary Clinton. I disagree of why? Because she never help out even the way I see her is like she ignore the whole thing, even when I saw her first for the interview. George Stephanopoulos ask her that question of will you help out Amanda Knox and she said: George I don't have the time. I am late, late, late of running into an important meeting, of being the white rabbit into Alice in wonderland. Everything I think of Hilary she just like that white rabbit even I see her of no help!!!

But if Amanda run, I would like her first take the spot light for once in a life form of facing capital hill punishment and why? Because they can finally prove her wits that she will shut them down and if she can do that of what James Comey did in Capital Hill punishment!!!

Than I would vote for her: But I would like to keep another thread of right now that Kirstin Lobato is going to get out soon and we need to take further action of this case into the media news of innocent project of extreme and I want to push farther for Kirstin Lobato case to talk with the president of united state or secretary of state or Vice President as well to take action even I am going to go extreme for KIrstin Lobato even I did it for Amanda Knox in the past time zone and yes the world can sue me in a court of law!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Kirstin Lobato Las Vegas NV & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:23 am

To everyone

Hey everyone, I made a promise to talk about Halloween crime zone of about Kirstin Lobato case into this thread and I really would like to talk about the case even she not getting anything even I am getting to be ignore into the KBL case all alone and it need to make huge progress of me being the invisible man of zero respond and I will do anything into a fight to the finish and I will fight to win, even. It should go extreme into election and if you want to take extreme now, let talk extreme to free KBL!!!

TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Kirstin Lobato Las Vegas NV & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Previous

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum