What’s wrong with the media?

Re: What’s wrong with the media?

Postby Craig57 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:16 pm

I find the font used in this official document and interesting choice. Do other Official police documents use the same font?
Craig57

Postby Screen Name Pending » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 pm

The name of this font "is comic sans"
Screen Name Pending

Postby Kelly » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Right now the internet is saturated with "smear" stories/ pseudo journalism regarding this case. From the cocaine nonsense mentioned above to sites such as the "Christian Post" and "Kpop" whose non news stories pop up weekly = these 'stories' drown out any real investigative reports.
If someone who knew nothing about the case googled "Amanda Knox" - both text and video 'stories' that emerge are guaranteed to away public opinion negatively. The campaign by what appears to be a very well organized and forceful contingent seems to be incredibly active without too much opposition.
Yes, there are those who attempt to keep the trolls who lurk underneath these stories from completely taking over but despite the dedicated few above and below byline who continue to write stories to try to bring truth to the surface, the media seems to be having a field day - particularly since the summer remaining relatively unchecked by challenges.
(Trolls are not only those with anon. twitter accounts - but also those who do not sign articles and even those who do and endlessly repeat lies and innuendo.)
I know this forum does its best but is there any way those who support truth in this case could be more proactive in enlisting genuine new outlets and writers to counterbalance the deluge of faux news which is endangering any truth that was reported in the first place.
What is happening is really quite despicable and disheartening.
Kelly

Postby Screen Name Pending » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 am

According to Nancy Grace this is all about politics. In perticular the voters in Perugia and that region.
One of the reasons to pay your taxes is you are protected by the police and a criminal justice system.
You live in a civilized society therefore you can expect to reach the end of your life without being murdered. A reason for that is anyone who might want to kill you, has to worry that he will get caught and be in prison for the rest of his life.
Therefore it is very important that your government has competent people who arrest and prosecute criminals.
Now if you live in an area where murderers can get released and go back on the street, you will think that the people in charge are incompetent. Especially if a murderer is owed favors by important people, so he can get out of jail and kill someone and when he is caught his friends see to it that he will only do a few years, even though he plead guilty to rape and murder.
When 2 innocent people are framed because they are part of a plan to help the real killer.
So the Kercher murder is a case that proves you are being protected by incompeteant and corrupt people.
Thus the myth of Foxy Knoxy and the sex game gone wrong must be kept alive.
Screen Name Pending

Postby Randy N » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Hans wrote:Back to business ;-) What's wrong with the media?
Copy and Paste journalism turns "speculations" into "facts" after being published one or two times and the press is lapping up a click-promising story like a thirsting dog.

This is relating to the "Amanda had sex with a cocaine dealer story that went viral a few weeks ago. Since the story was first published by "radar online" and PQ on TJMK keeps on gloating about how "much damage it did to Amanda" I think the idea of reviving this long dead story originated on TJMK and was written by an American Amanda hater.

These are my opinions on how and why this story was revived:

The History of a Story

On July 1st, 2014 the American News/Gossip-Portal RadarOnline published an article titled "Amanda Knox Caught In Alleged Cocaine Scandal — Will Drug Allegations Crush Her Bid For An Appeal In Meredith Kercher Murder Case?". The story was picked up by the "Mirror" on July 2nd and by the "Daily Mail" and "The Independent" on July 3rd and finally ended up in the Italian crime-magazine "Giallo". "Giallo" published a follow up to the story publishing what is supposed to be the police report at the center of this story which was then taken up again by RadarOnline. Pro-Guilt writer Selene Nelson in one of her articles complained bitterly that despite "Considering how central the use of drugs has always been to this case, there is no evading the weight of this information." because of the so-called "Knox PR Machine" "large portions of the American media remained silent".

Why wasn't this picked up by the US main stream media?

Because it is "old news". In January 2011, just days after Judge Hellmann granted the independent experts review of the DNA evidence Giuseppe Catellini's "Giornale dell'Umbria" (the newspaper whose's cub reporter found all the witnesses the police couldn't find(Curatolo, Quintavalle, the "ear witnesses")) had this one on it's front page on January 14, 2011:
The story had been picked up by other local Italian "news" like "Terni Magazine" but wasn't picked up by the international news.

The interesting question is: "Why was this long dead story revived by someone hiding behind "Radar Staff" on an American News/Gossip portal?"

One of the "fundamental beliefs" on the Anti-Knox website "True Justice for Meredith Kercher" is that "The US State Department won't raise a finger when it comes to extradition because drugs where involved", they may be right or wrong on this but this is the reason for reviving this story.
Folks on TJMK have speculated for a long time now on what drugs were involved, going from "Skunk Weed" over "Cocaine" to "Chrystal Meth".

Both Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have published court documents and trial transcripts on their web pages to make clear that they have nothing to hide.
Amanda Knox published her bank record to make clear that she wasn't short of money, so she wouldn't have to steal from Meredith as Judge Nencini now speculates (Nencini is giving credit to Guede on a charge that has been dismissed by all of the courts). She also published her phone records. The phone record proves that there weren't any calls from or to the "Cocaine Dealer" "before and after the murder" as the copied/pasted media reports cited above suggest. There are incoming calls from numbers that are not known (the ones in red) that have been most likely blacked out from the document to protect their owner's privacy.

What really happened

The "police report"
"Giallo" published sais that the police got F(rederico)'s number because it was stored on Amanda Knox's mobile phone. The police wiretapped F's phone and found out that he was linked to persons dealing cocaine in Perugia and was a dealer himself.

TJMK translates this part:
si appurava che una persona italiana a nome "Federico" avrebbe fornito saltuariamente di sostanze stupefacente la nota AMANDA KNOX oltre ad avere presumibilmente avuto con lei dei rapporti di tipo sessuale."

as:
it was verified that an Italian person with the name of “Federico” would from time to time supply drugs to the [person] known as Amanda KNOX, and also allegedly had relations with her of a sexual nature.

It should read (Thank You Teddy :) ) :
"it was verified that an Italian person with the name of “Federico” allegedly supplied drugs occasionally to the [person] known as Amanda KNOX, and also presumably had relations with her of a sexual nature."

So it looks like
Teddy wrote:So it reads slightly odd with the word "verified" followed by "allegedly", but what is clear to me from this sentence is that they have not verified anything at all, they have simply jumped to a conclusion, like the "presumable" sexual relations - presumed from what information? NONE!

So the "sexual relationship" and "him selling drugs to her" is pure speculation by the police taken up and exaggerated by the media. The "Radar Staff" person made up a story based on the old article mixing in and misinterpreting the phone records and bank statements published by Amanda Knox, just to hurt her, as gloating recent posts on the Anti-Amanda page TJMK show...

This is what is wrong with the media: a cooked up nonsense made up on a third rate news/gossip website in the US turns into "factual reporting" in Italy after being copied/pasted by the usual suspects enough to hide the origin... :((:

Sorry, but right now I do not have time to catch up on this topic and this has certainly already been presented but just in case....in regards to the "drug thing"... Both RS and AK were tested by police for drugs. Those test results must certainly be available to the media and to the defendants. I recall negative results for everything except for THC (marijuana) So how is it that the media and guilter leakers get beyond these facts? And why does no one take them to task for that?

I thought this non-sense was over?
Randy N

Postby Hans » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Randy N wrote:Sorry, but right now I do not have time to catch up on this topic and this has certainly already been presented but just in case....in regards to the "drug thing"... Both RS and AK were tested by police for drugs. Those test results must certainly be available to the media and to the defendants. I recall negative results for everything except for THC (marijuana) So how is it that the media and guilter leakers get beyond these facts? And why does no one take them to task for that?

I thought this non-sense was over?

The "guilters" aren't bound by facts, they tell you that the hair probe was too early and the urine probe was too late to determine the drug use of Nov 1, 2007. But despite this they don't have problems painting the "cocaine whore picture".

If we want to believe them Amanda Knox sold herself for cocaine before and after she didn't run out of money, and somehow this "heavy use of cocaine" wasn't detected by the "hair" tests...really?
:coke:
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby neets » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:52 am

Once again, today I'm appalled to read all the articles about Amanda and her new job as a reporter. All the spanish news sites take it for a fact that she was the perpetrator and that her sentence has been confirmed, making it look like as if she was a fugitive or something.
I'm so happy for Amanda but somehow reading those articles makes me feel sad... I wish the reporters took their time to read about the case before writing the article (I'm sure they just reproduce the first thing they see on the internet... and also let's be real, a "murderer turned reporter" story sells more than a "convicted-then-acquitted-then-convicted-again-pending-appeal-suspect turned reporter" story).

Anyways congrats Amanda for your new job, I'm sure you will excel at it, not like the dumbheads that write false stories about you!! <Cheers>
neets

Postby Alex_K » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 am

Although it's about an entirely different, much larger-scale disinformation campaign, I strongly recommend this piece by Masha Gessen in The New Yorker.

But such is the insidious power of framing: whoever tells the story first controls it. Russian propaganda outlets have this down to a science. They shape the stories, and Western journalists, even those who make a good-faith effort to unpack them, can fall into traps of narrative and terminology.

Journalists have to do something counterintuitive: follow the lead, but insist on disbelieving almost everything about it until it has been proved.

Replace "Russian propaganda" with "Italian propaganda" or "British tabloids" or whatever is appropriate, We need to get control over the story, and exposing the judicial corruption in the case could help.
Alex_K

Postby TomZ53 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 am

Forum members, what do you think are the chances that the media will provide accurate and insightful coverage of the upcoming ISC decision on the Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox case? Who thinks we should expect to see verbatim repetitions of ancient/standard 'copy'? (I do!) Who predicts that anyone from any major news source will actually do some work here and actually write anything substantially new? (I don't).
TomZ53

Postby Desert Fox » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 am

TomZ53 wrote:Forum members, what do you think are the chances that the media will provide accurate and insightful coverage of the upcoming ISC decision on the Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox case? Who thinks we should expect to see verbatim repetitions of ancient/standard 'copy'? (I do!) Who predicts that anyone from any major news source will actually do some work here and actually write anything substantially new? (I don't).

I suspect that CBS will be sympathetic at least
Desert Fox

Postby Mafiabuster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
TomZ53 wrote:Forum members, what do you think are the chances that the media will provide accurate and insightful coverage of the upcoming ISC decision on the Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox case? Who thinks we should expect to see verbatim repetitions of ancient/standard 'copy'? (I do!) Who predicts that anyone from any major news source will actually do some work here and actually write anything substantially new? (I don't).

Certain sections of the British press at least will be taking out of context quotations and interpreting it as him/her throwing her/him under a bus...
Mafiabuster

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Mafiabuster wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Certain sections of the British press at least will be taking out of context quotations and interpreting it as him/her throwing her/him under a bus...

I am sure that is the case like I suspect Nancy Grace will be crowing about justice
Desert Fox

Postby TomZ53 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 am

Desert Fox wrote:

Desert Fox.

I'm not quite sure what 'sympathetic' means.

TomZ
TomZ53

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:44 am

TomZ53 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Desert Fox.

I'm not quite sure what 'sympathetic' means.

TomZ

The 48 hours shows have been pro innocence
Desert Fox

Postby TomZ53 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:12 pm

see next post
TomZ53

Postby TomZ53 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Okay, I'm skeptical that anyone with a brain covers this case for any 'mainstream media outlet'. Obviously anyone with a brain looking at this case would see what a travesty this case is, ie, what an insult to the concept of justice that is embodied in the prosecution's case here.
TomZ53

Postby Desert Fox » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 pm

TomZ53 wrote:Okay, I'm skeptical that anyone with a brain covers this case for any 'mainstream media outlet'. Obviously anyone with a brain looking at this case would see what a travesty this case is, ie, what an insult to the concept of justice that is embodied in the prosecution's case here.

There are cases which are close to being as bad where respected media will still support guilt. I don't understand it either except for respect for authority.
Desert Fox

Postby TomZ53 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:13 am

If one were to review the standard mainstream media story line describing this case, what issues would be challenged/ought to be addressed? Allow me to mention a few;

1) the prosecution's fundamental hypothesis is absurd. The assertion that a high achieving, middle class American college girl on junior year abroad would spontaneously murder her roommate, for no reason, is simply incomprehensible.

2) the complete absence of physical evidence says it all.

3) the abusive/inhuman tactics of the prosecution toward the innocent are despicable and quite representative of the nature of the prosecution.

4) the case was driven by a consciously induced tabloid media frenzy based on deceit and sensational impact, driven by a combination of unethical reporters and immoral prosecutors.

5) the mainstream media has been nothing less than a mindless drone.

6) there is a genuine story here of how the human spirit and the highest of human ideals struggles to survive, even when overwhelmed by a mindless and relentless media onslaught.
TomZ53

Postby Alex_K » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:25 am

It was not without a measure of Schadenfreude that I read this report in The Guardian.
The “industrial scale” of phone hacking at the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the People made the News of the World look like a “small cottage industry” in comparison, the high court in London has heard...

In the first hint of the true extent of phone hacking at the three titles, the court heard that the former Sunday Mirror journalist Dan Evans hacked about 100 celebrities every day from 2003 to mid-2004...

David Sherborne, the barrister for eight victims, said hacking at the titles was “utterly unprecedented” and that knowledge of the activity went to the highest levels of the newspaper group.

“This was not just the work of junior reporters … quite the opposite,” he said. “The evidence demonstrates that voicemail interception, as well as the unlawful obtaining of personal information by blagging or use of private investigators, was in widespread and habitual use by a large number of journalists across all three MGN titles.”

Between June 2002 and mid-2006, Sherborne said MGN journalists made nearly 10,000 calls to Orange’s voicemail platform, which allows people to access their messages by calling a general number and entering their personal details. He said senior MGN journalists gave “deliberately crafted and disingenuous statements” to the Leveson inquiry into press ethics, and accused MGN of withholding key evidence that meant that only the “very tip of the proverbial iceberg” could be revealed.
Who was the editor-in-chief at The Daily Mirror in 1995-2004, remind me? Why, Piers Morgan of course! A good old buddy of a certain Mirror old-timer, John K. Sr. Pulchre convenit...
Alex_K

Postby TomZ53 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Alex_K

Fascinating!

Allow me to paraphrase, MK's dad was a tabloid media colleague of Piers Morgan, and the infrastructure that they loved to employed performed illegal hacking activities. To be clear, none of this proves anything. But, given the much broader context of this case, such apparent misconduct raises serious issues about the ethics, motivations and credibility of various individuals.
TomZ53

Postby TomZ53 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 pm

What remains most interesting to me is the conspicuous lack of interest on the part of mainstream 'journalists' in factual reporting regarding this case (that is, facts are irrelevant to their stories/they cannot be bothered to determine and report facts; let alone allow such information and substance to affect their reporting). I find the implications of this behavior to be quite significant.
TomZ53

Postby dullman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:58 am

Who is dealing with Amanda's PR, GMG should be fired if they are still dealing with this? This cover is awful timing so close to the verdict. Who agreed to this or is this the start of the media trying to tell us something about what is coming down the pipe? I don't understand why Amanda is on the cover with the likes of Jodi Arias, Drew Peterson and Scott Peterson! Those guys are murderers when Amanda is innocent. The message I read from this cover is that everyone on it is a murderer.

http://www.people.com/people/static/h/p ... rimes.html
dullman

Postby Zrausch » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:38 am

They've got it all wrong anyway, it wasn't a lovers quarrel but a fight to the death over a floater in the toilet. Gosh tabloids have such bad reporting ::doh::
Zrausch

Postby Purple » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:46 pm

They shouldn't be allowed to do that when the verdict isn't even confirmed yet.

It wasn't a crime of passion anyway.

Has anyone read the actual article?
Purple

Postby pmop57 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 am

There will be further articles before the 25th of March. This way of producing 'information' has become entire part of the business plan of to many media. Reduced to a simple cost factor serious journalism is of no interest because generating not enough profit. Selling trash, misinformation, ... is the product they sell, people are exploited and reduced to cash cows, facts and truth are only hindering obstacles of no interest. Of interest is only the cash flow at the end of the month.
pmop57

Postby LondonSupporter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:52 pm

"Truth becomes what the media say -- regardless of the facts -- and the media has very little interest in facts -- especially if they cannot be summed up in a 5 word headline or if they obscure a good story. One ends up being judged on the media story rather than the real facts of the case."
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
LondonSupporter

Postby pmop57 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:07 am

SAID THE KING TO THE BISHOP, I WILL KEEP THEM POOR AND YOU WILL KEEP THEM STUPID!
pmop57

Postby Mafiabuster » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:42 am

SAID THE "PUBLIC PROSECUTOR" TO THE DRUGGIE THIEF, DON'T WORRY I'LL SAVE YOU!
Mafiabuster

Postby TomZ53 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Here is an actual useful article from the UK about how to translate 'tabloid-speak' http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 93022.html.

(It would be great if forum members could expand on my first attempt here as I apply the science/art of 'tabloid-speak translation' to People.)

Let's see if we can translate this 'sizzler' from People Magazine... Love gone wrong. True cases that shocked America. Crimes of passion. Scheming spouses and angry exes: the dark side of love.

First, to define my term, 'sizzler' = a distorted, exaggerated pile of crap intended to capture the intention of bored people waiting in a supermarket line. And before I go any further, the Meredith Kercher case instantly diverges from every cliché that follows. The only reason it would appear to be here is because it is a 'sizzler'.

"Love gone wrong" = there is some sort of male-female relationship involved, or at least construed.

"True cases that shocked America" 'True' = the case actually exists. 'shocked America' = tabloids like us made a lot of money on it.

"Crimes of passion" = tabloids linked it to sex as often as they could, as opposed to bar fights, rapes, or spousal abuse killings etc, which we don't see any point in talking about.

"Scheming spouses and angry exes" = if you don't have time to watch your favorite soap operas today, buy this issue of our tabloid; our fiction is exactly the same.

"the dark side of love" = if you are still reading this... it is time to set the hook... pick up our magazine and buy it.
TomZ53

Postby TomZ53 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Are we actually observing some responsible journalism about this case? "Will Amanda Knox Be Dragged Back to Italy in Murder Case?" from Newsweek. http://www.newsweek.com/2015/03/27/will ... 14970.html. Check out the comments section to see some really great positive comments from multiple people who truly understand this case and know what they are talking about! (nb. the standard guilter drivel shows up... whatever...)

and , believe it or not, from the Daily Mail; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urder.html (well, I'll be less skeptical about the ability of the UK media to report accurate information about this case if they ever begin to demonstrate a reasonable consistent pattern of responsible journalism. That is, I'm not holding my breath.

The UK article apparently originally was published in Italy (by Oggi?). Those people at Oggi appear to have some serious courage and integrity. Conditions in Italy, as explained by Nina Burleigh in the Newsweek article; ... "The police also arrested local blogger and journalist Frank Sfarzo, who said they roughed him up. Under the honor and slander laws, the prosecutor charged Sfarzo and at least three publications or journalists who have challenged the law enforcement version of the story. Prosecutor Mignini had an Italian journalist thrown in jail for investigating his conclusions in another case—leading an American writer covering that story to flee Italy for fear he’d be arrested."

"Italian journalists and foreign reporters working in Italy heed these laws, which is why an annual ranking of press freedom by nation puts Italy in the “partly free” category (along with Mali and Algeria)—the only Western European country to fall into that category."

Bravo! To these brave Italian journalists.
TomZ53

Postby TomZ53 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Why is it that the oppression of the press in Italy reminds me of the terrorist assault on Charlie Hedbo in France?
TomZ53

Postby analemma » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Fox news is siding with the guilters in a big way
They interviewed a famous guilter who "he was motivated by a desire to confront the pro-Knox PR he felt was prevalent in the U.S. discussion, and that he was now seeing language from his articles seeping into the discussion."
analemma

Postby LondonSupporter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:37 am

Fox has published an article that was syndicated from AP. The same article is on the Huffington Post. It includes an interview with the anonymous editor of the fake wiki. Being pursued by an army of anonymous trolls must be like being chased by zombies.
"Life lived somehow for love is life never wasted." - Amanda Knox
LondonSupporter

Postby analemma » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:09 am

LondonSupporter wrote:Fox has published an article that was syndicated from AP. The same article is on the Huffington Post. It includes an interview with the anonymous editor of the fake wiki. Being pursued by an army of anonymous trolls must be like being chased by zombies.

Yes
It seems to be just pasted in all articles that have "Social Media" in the title. Talking about supporters as part of the PR Machine.
Gloating that the lies from the trolls are fininding their way into mainstream news.
analemma

Postby Alex_K » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 am

Don't worry, Fox just ran an AP piece that first explains that Knox was convicted in a trial of public opinion and then mentioned McCall. It's a major editorial blunder at AP and I encourage everyone to write letters of protest and demand a correction. I have done so.

If they want to cite McCall, fine, but it's unethical to ignore sites run by real, non-anonymous people (http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/for-the-press/) and not report a single word of criticism those real sites have McCall's Wiki.

This is like reporting on WWII historians and using David Irving as an example.
Alex_K

Postby analemma » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:08 am

Alex_K wrote:Don't worry, Fox just ran an AP piece that first explains that Knox was convicted in a trial of public opinion and then mentioned McCall. It's a major editorial blunder at AP and I encourage everyone to write letters of protest and demand a correction. I have done so.

If they want to cite McCall, fine, but it's unethical to ignore sites run by real, non-anonymous people (http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/for-the-press/) and not report a single word of criticism those real sites have McCall's Wiki.

exactly Who do you complain to and how? :((:
analemma

Postby Alex_K » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:33 am

analemma wrote:
Alex_K wrote:Don't worry, Fox just ran an AP piece that first explains that Knox was convicted in a trial of public opinion and then mentioned McCall. It's a major editorial blunder at AP and I encourage everyone to write letters of protest and demand a correction. I have done so.

exactly Who do you complain to and how? :((:

Check this page: http://ap.org/contact-us/general-information.
Alex_K

Postby analemma » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:52 am

Barbi is having a field day
Tons of nonsense and lies and propaganda.
"Italian courts are more fair because they take forever to convict"
"Murder victim forgotten"
"Raf threw amanda under the bus"
"unfair to convict raf"
"Italians think she is guilty"
"injustice that only Italian and African will be in prison"
"Raf spent four years in prison because Knox was a flight risk"
As if Knox is somehow to blame for the injustice dealt out to Raf by the psycho Italian cops and cour
Same old biased stuff
The hearing will resume Friday.
analemma

Postby jane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:14 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/03/how- ... 16592.html

How the Amanda Knox Media Circus Forgot the Murder Victim

By Barbie Latza Nadeau / March 25, 2015 9:36 AM EDT

Some clever comments so far. Here's one:

Ken Dine · North Hollywood, California

I'm 100% positive that Amanda & Raffaele are innocent. However, I'm not as positive that BARBIE LATZA NADEAU wasn't involved.

Since she used this murder trial as a big career booster (motive), and since BARBIE LATZA NADEAU was in Italy at the time (opportunity), BARBIE LATZA NADEAU may very well have pulled off the caper.

Of course, no credible eye-witnesses observed BARBIE LATZA NADEAU near the cottage that night, nor did the CCTV cameras capture here there either, but the same can also be said about Amanda.

I'm sure IF the Italians had tested BARBIE LATZA NADEAU's DNA, that Steffanoni could have found a match for samples found at the cottage, even if the police had to go back 47 days later to find samples implicating BARBIE LATZA NADEAU.
jane

Postby jane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:21 pm

analemma wrote:Fox news is siding with the guilters in a big way
They interviewed a famous guilter who "he was motivated by a desire to confront the pro-Knox PR he felt was prevalent in the U.S. discussion, and that he was now seeing language from his articles seeping into the discussion."

newsmanager@foxnews.com

Try this address for complaints about foxnews coverage;.
jane

Postby struoc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

yes, Barbie has a vicious tone to her article....but says shes neutral.

I like how she refers to the "underbelly blog writers" and how she was "there in the beginning".

She was there, but I read her book and it was if she has a low IQ or something. She was kind of Neutral...but from article to article can go pro-Guilt, then to a "I dont know what happened stance..only Rudy, Amanda and Raffaele know".

the first impression I found slightly off, was how she was kind of acting "supreme" over other low underbelly bloggers and forum posters, as she includes the Winterbottom Movie advertising in her piece, during the Kercher Trial. (which is really an underbelly move, imo....selling and promoting and advertising your product diring the trial).

then she kind of alludes how the Kerchers didnt have the financial support, as if thats a bad thing.
But I never notcied she herself and Winterbottom and the Movie Money Moguls, paid for the Kerchers plane flights either?

Her book was pretty blah, imo. For someone who was there all the time, its like she didnt understand hardly anything.
I have no urge to watch her movie of more fiction writing.

Migninni and Commode and the Italian Judges have done enough Fictional writings to make one sick already, who needs more slop?
struoc

Postby susanna » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:29 pm

analemma wrote:Barbi is having a field day
Tons of nonsense and lies and propaganda.
"Italian courts are more fair because they take forever to convict"
"Murder victim forgotten"
"Raf threw amanda under the bus"
"unfair to convict raf"
"Italians think she is guilty"
"injustice that only Italian and African will be in prison"
"Raf spent four years in prison because Knox was a flight risk"
As if Knox is somehow to blame for the injustice dealt out to Raf by the psycho Italian cops and cour
Same old biased stuff
The hearing will resume Friday.

Yes, Barbie is on a roll today: two articles so far and we can probably expect another in the Daily Beast. Is she worried that ISC will acquit and deprive her of her cash cow?
Here is her article in the Telegraph, in which she portrays herself as a victim of the innocentisti:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... angel.html
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. William James
susanna

Postby jane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:35 pm

How about this one? No mention of Rudy Guede.

In November 2007, Kercher, a 21-year-old British college student, was found dead — her throat slashed — in her apartment in Perugia, a city sandwiched between Florence and Rome. There were also signs she was sexually assaulted, police said. Knox, a student from the University of Washington, and her boyfriend at the time, Sollecito, were the prime suspects.

They were convicted in 2009.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... noxs-fate/
jane

Postby Alex_K » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:57 pm

I recall that somewhat said the small crowd protesting the 2011 acquittal by the courthouse was hired by Mignini. Does anyone remember anything about that?
Alex_K

Postby Barry185 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:12 am

Social media are an essential part of our everyday life, it became much easier to study, work and even amuse oneself thanks to virtual resources, but does it mean we all are addicted to the virtual reality ? http://skywritingservice.com/blog/influ ... ryday-life
Barry185

Postby Zrausch » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Alex_K wrote:I recall that somewhat said the small crowd protesting the 2011 acquittal by the courthouse was hired by Mignini. Does anyone remember anything about that?

It looked like a huge crowd to me. The majority in Italy believe she's guilty so I don't see why there wouldn't be a legit crowd.

Edit: just realized I'm replying to a dead thread bumped by a spam bot :humph:
Zrausch

Postby McGirr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Zrausch wrote:
Alex_K wrote:I recall that somewhat said the small crowd protesting the 2011 acquittal by the courthouse was hired by Mignini. Does anyone remember anything about that?

It looked like a huge crowd to me. The majority in Italy believe she's guilty so I don't see why there wouldn't be a legit crowd.

Edit: just realized I'm replying to a dead thread bumped by a spam bot :humph:

Ha ha

The documentary at least does make it the thread more relevant as you can get a better perspective of the size and intensity of the crowd. Perhaps the guy with the loudspeaker was recruited, but i think the trial began to have an element of sovereignty versus capitalist america. They may have seen the verdict as one of political dogma rather than what was a hard fought campaign for innocence.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Hans » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 pm

He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby schmidt53 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:49 pm

The Mirror says Amanda 32 years old when she 29. Both the Mirror and Daily Mail report Meredith was stabbed 47 times only off by 44 times. :facepalm:
schmidt53

Postby Zrausch » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:33 am

The Daily Mail article actually mentions Meredith's real killer though, even if it's in passing, briefly, at the bottom. That's an improvement! Usually you get a huge article on Knox and the Kercher case, and Rudy is never mentioned at all, when it should say "Oh and btw, while Knox was being prosecuted for cartwheels and her DNA in her own sink - it was later discovered that the crime scene was covered in the forensic evidence of a burglar she didn't know and had no communication with, and the break-in exactly matched his unique break-in style, and he was spotted snooping around the cottage alone on CCTV before the murder, and he had unexplained cuts on his hands after the murder, and a history of carrying a knife while committing break-ins - in other words never mind our above tabloid story about this random American girl."
Zrausch

Postby Francisco » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm

It's really just one article... they obviously came from the same source, making the same mistakes (e.g., stabbed 47 times) but tweaked with minor modifications. What's really tragic is it doesn't even address the whole point of the podcast, which is wrongful convictions. From a one hour podcast the only thing they take from it is Amanda is not willing to change her name. And then there is the usual slew of nasty comments including suggesting Amanda is making money from this, proving to me they didn't even listen to it else they'd realize she was an invited guest on a podcast discussing wrongful convictions, something she is very active in. This is just the remnants of a mindless, ignorant hate campaign against Amanda that will take a very long time, if ever, to go away. Obviously they have no interest in the very real issue of wrongful convictions... I guess it doesn't sell papers.
Francisco

Postby McGirr » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Hans wrote:What's wrong with the media...

...that a podcast like this one:
Wrongful Conviction with Jason Flom: Season 2 Episode 1: The Wrongful Conviction of Amanda Knox

... results in articles like these:

- Daily Mail: Amanda Knox insists she'll never change her name to avoid abuse from the public

:((:

Hi Hans
The last Mod on injustice anywhere, All the rest have retired.

The articles are at least in the ball park; although it does show you have uninterested the media are in actual innocence, or focusing on the miscarriage of justice and where it went wrong. I have a You tube channel i dedicated to miscarriage of justice videos going way way back ( I should really update it) , and previous to that i used to air samples of the next day of H&A a popular Australian tv series, and i had millions of viewers and thousands of subscribers but when i dedicated my channel to miscarriages of justice, the view plummeted. Maybe like 99% drop in view's. From millions to a couple of thousand. It really highlighted how uninterested people are in the subject,that was a good few years ago and maybe that has changed but it will never be a big area of interest. People like what they like.

Even this site has lost most of it's poster's but you just have to keep chuggin along.
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby ScifiTom » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am

To Hans

Hey Hans, I totally agree with you. That the media is & will play stupid with this nonsense and it does drive me crazy. When I read an article about saying I am so sorry Amanda Knox or saying I am so sorry Anne Hathaway. The whole thing is like a rice krispy treat. I truly think the best way of is to ignore it, and move on to your own life. It is a sad world after all!!!

In the NBA I was outraged of a NBA legend got arrests of 5 security guard vs 1, my guy of another NBA legend was sad that he did nothing wrong!!!

I think sometimes when someone is trying to write something he or she trying to be in charge!!!

:curse: :curse: :::lol::: :::lol::: :devil: :devil: :confused: :confused: :fear: :fear: :boxedin: :boxedin:

We live in a sad world just like living in space!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Blankit Injustice 5: Sarah Johnson ID, Kirstin Lobato NV, Scott Peterson CA, Michael Skakel CT and Dusty Turner VA
ScifiTom

Previous

Return to Injustice in Perugia Forum