Kirstin Blaise Lobato Case Discussion

Re: Kirstin Blaise Lobato Case Discussion

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:43 pm

I was taking a walk today and for some reason I couldn't get the idiocy of this conviction out of my mind.
1. The only "evidence" of guilt is an "incriminating" statement which differs from the crime in numerous respects.
2. The same substance was stated by Kirstin numerous (I think 8) times BEFORE the crime even occurred so that it must refer to an earlier event.
3. Any sane analysis of the forensics leads to the conclusion that the crime had to have occurred at a time when even the prosecution concedes Kirstin was 170 miles from the scene of the crime.
4. Absolutely no forensic evidence points in her direction and - in fact - the forensic evidence suggests a male perp who was much larger than Kirstin.

How - in God's name - anyone can think she is possibly guilty escapes me. The fact that she still sits in jail is such a testament to human stupidity that it throws into question the entire arc of evolution. Would the universe be better off if we blew ourselves up and let evolution start again - perhaps producing intelligent reptiles?
There are some things that just get me angry and this is one of them. I just can't imagine how anyone reasons his or her way to a belief in guilt on this one.
erasmus44

Postby Bruce Fischer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:12 pm

erasmus44 wrote:I was taking a walk today and for some reason I couldn't get the idiocy of this conviction out of my mind.
1. The only "evidence" of guilt is an "incriminating" statement which differs from the crime in numerous respects.
2. The same substance was stated by Kirstin numerous (I think 8) times BEFORE the crime even occurred so that it must refer to an earlier event.
3. Any sane analysis of the forensics leads to the conclusion that the crime had to have occurred at a time when even the prosecution concedes Kirstin was 170 miles from the scene of the crime.
4. Absolutely no forensic evidence points in her direction and - in fact - the forensic evidence suggests a male perp who was much larger than Kirstin.

How - in God's name - anyone can think she is possibly guilty escapes me. The fact that she still sits in jail is such a testament to human stupidity that it throws into question the entire arc of evolution. Would the universe be better off if we blew ourselves up and let evolution start again - perhaps producing intelligent reptiles?
There are some things that just get me angry and this is one of them. I just can't imagine how anyone reasons his or her way to a belief in guilt on this one.

This is one of those cases that certainly opens your eyes to the problems we have within our system of justice.

I think the creator of this video sums it all up pretty well.

Watch on youtube.com
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Desert Fox » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:14 pm

I ahve an easily explanation. . . .When a scumbag gets involved in the legal system, they always have the advantage. They are willing to use tactics which most of us would consider unethical. Because they have high conviction rates, they might even have the advantage with regard to promotion if they are a prosecutor.
Desert Fox

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:10 pm

erasmus44 wrote:I was taking a walk today and for some reason I couldn't get the idiocy of this conviction out of my mind.

To Erasmus44

Hey Erasmus44, let all take a walk to walk the mile, even myself if I walk for today or walk with my dog, and you know I should do this more often even talk to myself, and why not? I never can or will I get this case out of my head, even yes it is a walk of 170 miles and that what this woman is going to show us right now!!!

https://www.sportrelief.com/whats-going ... -hell-walk

So how on earth can someone walk 170 miles? It is impossible is it? It like the image of how anyone reason of his or her way to a belief into a case of guilt or no guilt at all, and what on earth am I talking about or what on earth am I saying right now? Beside I get zero responds of unknown and it like yes a puzzle is stuck in our words and it will never be solved of crime wave cases!!!

Can we solved this puzzle or what are we missing right now!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby ScifiTom » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

To everyone

Hey everyone, I am still keeping up the updated about this case and I just found 2 new information and it something to look forward of and enjoy both article or what it have to say of right now, and talk to you soon!!!

http://www.nevadacure.org/p/meet-member ... rd-of.html

TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby ScifiTom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:54 pm

To everyone

Hey everyone sorry for late news. But here is another great article of Hans on the Ground Report and please enjoy reading this and talk to you soon everyone!!!

http://www.groundreport.com/kirstin-lob ... as-ruling/
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:18 am

The Nevada Supreme Court has reversed and remanded the district court's denial of the Lobato habeas petition. This is a major victory and can open the way to reverse the conviction. There is a lot of work ahead on this case.
As Winston Churchill said after the Battle of El Alamein: "This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end. But this is in a real sense the end of the beginning."
One nice feature of the decision is that it opens up an opportunity to argue for actual innocence.
erasmus44

Postby ScifiTom » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:29 am

erasmus44 wrote:The Nevada Supreme Court has reversed and remanded the district court's denial of the Lobato habeas petition. This is a major victory and can open the way to reverse the conviction. There is a lot of work ahead on this case.
As Winston Churchill said after the Battle of El Alamein: "This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end. But this is in a real sense the end of the beginning."
One nice feature of the decision is that it opens up an opportunity to argue for actual innocence.

To Erasmuss44

No fear, you beat me to it. Yep everyone, Kirstin Lobato will now have a new hearing and maybe a new case of a new trial. This is good news and I am thrill all about it and here is that link right now and enjoy reading this and watching it too!!!

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/the-wom ... ew-hearing
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:29 pm

ScifiTom wrote:
erasmus44 wrote:The Nevada Supreme Court has reversed and remanded the district court's denial of the Lobato habeas petition. This is a major victory and can open the way to reverse the conviction. There is a lot of work ahead on this case.

To Erasmuss44

No fear, you beat me to it. Yep everyone, Kirstin Lobato will now have a new hearing and maybe a new case of a new trial. This is good news and I am thrill all about it and here is that link right now and enjoy reading this and watching it too!!!

There is a lot of tough work ahead and I hope we can get IA solidly behind the effort. I am talking with some of her supporters to determine next steps. The hearings on remand will be an absolutely crucial phase of this case.
erasmus44

Postby ScifiTom » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:45 pm

erasmus44 wrote:
ScifiTom wrote:

To Erasmuss44

There is a lot of tough work ahead and I hope we can get IA solidly behind the effort. I am talking with some of her supporters to determine next steps. The hearings on remand will be an absolutely crucial phase of this case.

To Erasmuss44

Yes Erasmuss44, there is a lot of tough work ahead, even I do too hope we will get IA behind this 100% percent and I want people or supporter to read my story of what I wrote of this article and I truly believe the whole story was like a runner into a homeless crime wave into Las Vegas and if you haven't read this! Here is that link right about now and I want people or supporter to read my story and here it is and enjoy reading this!!!

viewtopic.php?f=193&t=2411
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby erasmus44 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:22 pm

The Nevada SC decision is good news but there will be a tough fight ahead on remand. I really think she can make a good case for actual innocence based on - 1. the alibi evidence plus time of death evidence, and 2. the fact that the only evidence against her is a statement which was the same as a statement she made to 8 witnesses at various times before the crime was actually committed. If we focus on these two things, we can make a fairly simple and straightforward case for actual innocence and that means, GAME OVER.
erasmus44

Postby ScifiTom » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:26 am

To everyone

Hey everyone I am going to send you an article right now that was written by Jordan Smith and here is that article right now and enjoy reading this!!!

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/01/a-r ... w-hearing/
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby erasmus44 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:51 am

In talking about this case we should keep it simple. It is really a very simple case. There are three independent reasons that she is clearly innocent.
1. The Alibi - She was 170 miles away as conceded by the prosecution at all times after 10am on the day of the crime. There is now overwhelming forensic evidence that the crime was committed AFTER SUNDOWN on that day or roughly 12 hours after the time the prosecution conceded she was in and remained in Panaca. Even the prosecution forensic witness conceded that it was unlikely the crime could have been committed early enough for her to do it and get back to Panaca. And he missed all sorts of things which make it crystal clear that the crime was committed long after she could not possibly have been in Las Vegas.
2. There is absolutely no evidence of her at the crime scene or on the victim and there is absolutely no evidence of the crime or the victim on her or her belongings or car.
3. The ONLY "evidence" of guilt is a statement that she made to the police which clearly refers to an event which occurred some six weeks prior to the date of the crime. She made the same statement to 8 different witnesses at various times - all of which were BEFORE THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED. So the statement cannot possibly refer to the crime.

This is the strongest case of "actual innocence" I have ever seen. I still cannot understand how anyone with a 3 digit IQ could think she could possibly be guilty. We really have to jump on this one and help with fund raising, public awareness and litigation support. The Nevada Supreme Court has opened the door and created an opportunity to turn this thing around and we should jump on it.
erasmus44

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:26 pm

I am still around but not been posting much. . . .This is nice to see. This is one of those really clear cases of innocence.
Desert Fox

Postby jane » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Did Brent Turvey testify in this case? I've come across his name several times in reference to other wrongful conviction cases.

From this link: http://www.corpus-delicti.com/turvey_cases.html

Nevada v. Kirstin "Blaize" Lobato
Brent E. Turvey
Clark County, Nevada
Guilt Phase Testimony (10/02 - 10/03/06)
Homicide
Court Opinion: This case involves the admission of testimony regarding forensic science, crime reconstruction and motive. I was qualified and allowed to testify in each of these areas from 10/02-10/03/06.
Outcome: This was a retrial. Lobato was originally convicted of first-degree murder and sexual penetration of a corpse for Duran Bailey's murder on May 18, 2002.
The Nevada Supreme Court granted her a new trial in September 2004, citing the trial judge's failure to admit evidence that could have weakened the credibility of a jailhouse informant.
In October of 2006, despite any physical evidence or witnesses, she was found guilty of the lesser offense of voluntary manslaughter with use of a deadly weapon and sexual penetration of corpse.

Media
Matt Pordum "Defense forensic scientist says not a shred of evidence links woman to mutilation murder," Court TV, October 3, 2006
Matt Pordum "Woman convicted of killing homeless man in 'compromise' verdict," Court TV, October 9, 2006

The Court TV article links don't work.

ETA: Links to Turvey's testimony and other transcripts in the Lobato case:

http://www.justice4kirstin.com/legaldocuments.html

http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780123852 ... ix_III.pdf
jane

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:16 pm

jane wrote:Did Brent Turvey testify in this case? I've come across his name several times in reference to other wrongful conviction cases.

Brent E. Turvey
Clark County, Nevada
Homicide
Court Opinion: This case involves the admission of testimony regarding forensic science, crime reconstruction and motive. I was qualified and allowed to testify in each of these areas from 10/02-10/03/06.
Outcome: This was a retrial. Lobato was originally convicted of first-degree murder and sexual penetration of a corpse for Duran Bailey's murder on May 18, 2002.
The Nevada Supreme Court granted her a new trial in September 2004, citing the trial judge's failure to admit evidence that could have weakened the credibility of a jailhouse informant.
In October of 2006, despite any physical evidence or witnesses, she was found guilty of the lesser offense of voluntary manslaughter with use of a deadly weapon and sexual penetration of corpse.

Media
Matt Pordum "Defense forensic scientist says not a shred of evidence links woman to mutilation murder," Court TV, October 3, 2006
Matt Pordum "Woman convicted of killing homeless man in 'compromise' verdict," Court TV, October 9, 2006

I believe he testified in the second trial. The Nevada Supreme Court last month reversed the lower court's denial of a habeas petition and remanded. I think that a key issue will be time of death as the prosecution conceded in the trial that the defendant was 170 miles away from the crime scene at all times after 10am on the day of the crime. In connection with the habeas petition, affidavits of experts were submitted establishing that the crime had to have been committed after sundown on the day of the crime and so the defendant could not possibly have been involved.
erasmus44

Postby jane » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:35 pm

erasmus44 wrote:
jane wrote:Did Brent Turvey testify in this case? I've come across his name several times in reference to other wrongful conviction cases.

Brent E. Turvey
Clark County, Nevada
Homicide

Media

I believe he testified in the second trial. The Nevada Supreme Court last month reversed the lower court's denial of a habeas petition and remanded. I think that a key issue will be time of death as the prosecution conceded in the trial that the defendant was 170 miles away from the crime scene at all times after 10am on the day of the crime. In connection with the habeas petition, affidavits of experts were submitted establishing that the crime had to have been committed after sundown on the day of the crime and so the defendant could not possibly have been involved.

Here's a link to his analysis from the justice4kirstin site: (Warning: Graphic pictures)

jane

Postby jane » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Erasmus, if you ever decide to contact Brent Turvey about the Lobato case, I'd suggest that you also ask him about his testimony in the case of Douglas Mouser. I've made some posts about that case on the Possible Wrong Convictions section.

IMO, it falls in the category of Actual Innocence. Prosecution based completely on speculation and junk science. This may be another case that IA could support.
jane

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 pm

jane wrote:Erasmus, if you ever decide to contact Brent Turvey about the Lobato case, I'd suggest that you also ask him about his testimony in the case of Douglas Mouser. I've made some posts about that case on the Possible Wrong Convictions section.

IMO, it falls in the category of Actual Innocence. Prosecution based completely on speculation and junk science. This may be another case that IA could support.

I will try to do that. We are trying to get together support for the proceedings on remand. The key forensic issue seems to be TOD because if we can establish a late enough TOD, then there is an iron clad alibi.
erasmus44

Postby ScifiTom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am

Brent E. Turvey
Clark County, Nevada
Homicide

Media

ETA: Links to Turvey's testimony and other transcripts in the Lobato case:

http://www.justice4kirstin.com/legaldocuments.html

To Jane

Thank you Jane for this information and I do too would contact Brent Turvey, even explain how I worked with this case in the beginning of my whole my life and I want to make sure if he has an E-mail address. If not, I will tried to contact him into a mail address, and I really want to talk to the guy even I am deaf & retard of hard to speak to people. It not easy for me to speak or talk. My voice is never good at all, and why I am a monster in real life form!!!

I also want to bring my dad with this into this case as well, because he is a lawyer of 45yrs and he very good in cases of crime and that all. But the only dream job I want to work with is Sirius Radio of doing radio talk into boycott the school dress code & Support the innocent cases of crime wave. It seem :wow: to you or to anyone of why it hard for me in anyway and one more thing Jane!!!

Jane, as knowing you are supporting a guy name Douglas who is innocent. Well I came up with this case of a mother name Jeanie Ditty and I left 3 post even it not making much sense even the guy is bad even charge of crime even has 4 or 5 tattoos of anger and this mother is only innocent of her grief and I truly believe she love that baby of her innocent and it make no sense of her guilty period. So Jane can you look at this case and see what the out come is and that all and talk to you soon Jane and thanks again Jane!!!
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 pm

To everyone

Hey everyone I just finish watching snapped today and I won't be here until the new 2017. Because I am going on vacation again and my computer is not working that we'll. So I want to wish you all a safe Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!
TMJ

Freedom, The innocent 2
Kirstin B. Lobato
Dustin A. Turner
ScifiTom

Previous

Return to Kirstin Blaise Lobato Case