Charles Erickson Case Discussion

Charles Erickson Case Discussion

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 am

Ryan Ferguson is a free man. Unfortunately, Charles Erickson remains wrongfully convicted, and is currently serving a 25 year prison sentence in Missouri for the murder of Kent Heitholt. Anyone that supports Ryan Ferguson should support the release of Charles Erickson. I have started the conversation in this section but I feel that the case is definitely a wrongful conviction.

Charles Erickson had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Kent Heitholt. It is understandable that many of Ryan's supporters may feel that Charles bears some responsibility for Ryan's wrongful conviction. People really need to take the time to learn about coerced confessions before passing judgment. Yes, Charles had a substance abuse problem that prevented him from being fully aware of his actions. For that he is responsible. The police are responsible for extracting a false confession out of a young man that was in no position to give a proper statement. Charles must not be held accountable for the egregious misconduct of the police investigating the Heitholt murder. Charles must not continue to be punished for a murder he did not commit. The Heitholt family deserves justice. The continued incarceration of Charles Erickson brings no justice and no real closure for the family of the victim.

Supporters of Charles Erickson have created a Facebook cause page to help bring more attention to his case. Please visit the Charles Erickson Facebook page to learn more about this case and to keep up with current events. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Charles-Erickson/443655105738671

Change.org petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/governor-jay-nixon-please-grant-charles-erickson-a-new-trial-or-release-him

Injustice Anywhere: http://www.injustice-anywhere.org/CharlesErickson.html

"Charles is absolutely innocent. He was misled into thinking Ryan Ferguson was going to plead guilty and that certain witnesses would place him near the crime scene. He was young, vulnerable, and frightened. He deeply regrets his trial testimony but he was trapped by the State. He deserves understanding not condemnation. He should be free not imprisoned for a crime he did not commit. The charade put on by the State needs to end."
Kathleen Zellner
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Charles Erickson

Postby Bruce Fischer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 pm

The Charles Erickson Facebook page has recently posted messages from Charles and his mother.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Charles-Erickson/443655105738671

Here is a recent photo of Charles.

Charles wrote this recently for those that have shown support for him:

First off, I must say, I'm pleasantly shocked, that so many of you care enough about me, to come on this page and fight for my freedom, I can't believe that you all would do that for a person you don't know.
I want for everyone here to get to know who I am, and I want to also get to know as many of you as possible.

I desperately want to describe to all of you just what your support means to me, but I don't think words will adequately equate the hope that you all have given back to me.

I am so appreciative of every single one of you, and genuinely grateful that you are willing to sacrifice some of your free time, so that I may once again be free like each of you, a lot sooner, than later.

I hope this first message didn't let you down, I'm already working on future messages to you, I have so much that I must explain, but they must be approved by my new attorney Laura O'Sullivan.
As soon as they are, I'll send them to be posted right here on OUR page.
Thank you once again from the depths of my heart, for every second you spend fighting for me, and my family I love so dearly.

To my family, I am so thankful for everything you've done to support me in every single possible way.
They have so generously afforded me the opportunity of continuing my college education, most inmates unfortunately aren't blessed with that gift. I don't know how I could have made it thus far, through this gross miscarriage of justice, without the unconditional love and support, of my mother and father, thank you mom and dad for all that you've done, and continue to do.

In closing, I was so blessed to see Ryan Ferguson released on television.

I'm so truly grateful for the forgiveness that Ryan's expressed, and I only wish
him and his family all the best in the future.

I'll talk to you all again soon,

Sincerely,

Charles Erickson
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Sinsaint » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Glad to see this posted. I've always thought Ryan was innocent. I couldn't understand how Ryan could be innocent but Charles was guilty. Personally, he's a victim of drugs. Kent was a victim of... Whoever giggled on camera at the thought of his death. Just my two cents.
Sinsaint

Postby Clive Wismayer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks for starting this thread Bruce. Can someone please explain the brief facts? Has there ever been a credible suspect for this crime?
Clive Wismayer

Postby MichaelB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am

Clive Wismayer wrote:Thanks for starting this thread Bruce. Can someone please explain the brief facts? Has there ever been a credible suspect for this crime?

Clive when you get a chance watch this: The 5 stories of Michael Boyd

Watch on youtube.com
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby Clive Wismayer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 am

MichaelB wrote:
Clive Wismayer wrote:Thanks for starting this thread Bruce. Can someone please explain the brief facts? Has there ever been a credible suspect for this crime?

Clive when you get a chance watch this: The 5 stories of Michael Boyd

Watch on youtube.com

Thanks Mike. I will take a look.

ETA - very interesting. Thanks.
Clive Wismayer

What's good for the goose

Postby lane99 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Sinsaint wrote:...Kent was a victim of... Whoever giggled on camera at the thought of his death...

At least whoever giggled wasn't doing it while holding a silly string party and dancing around Kent's grave.

MichaelB wrote:...The 5 stories of Michael Boyd...

If those are 5 stories, then it's true that Darlie Routier has given 16 stories about the events that happened to her.

What you've really got her is one story by Michael Boyd, with the minute details somewhat shifting over the course of time. That's normal, and nothing suspicious about it. Despite the ominous sounding music in the video.
lane99

Postby geebee2 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Yes, the innocence of Charles follows immediately and obviously from the innocence of Ryan Ferguson.
geebee2

Postby Sinsaint » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Lane99 wrote:At least whoever giggled wasn't doing it while holding a silly string party and dancing around Kent's grave.

Maybe she was busy smoking all that pot and using sex toys that the prosecution was so worried about right before that.
Sinsaint

Postby Clive Wismayer » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 am

http://www.columbiaheartbeat.com/index. ... 708-121313

This is an interesting article in the Columbia Heartbeat about William Boyd. There sure seems to be a good circumstantial case against this guy. It's very weird that he was not investigated. The article even suggests a motive in saying he had been upbraided by Heitholt and ordered to contact a bunch of people and apologise. And a forensic point about him claiming to have seen the body face down. In the film MichaelB linked it is suggested he changed his story about which car he was driving and that one of them has disappeared.

This is not just interesting but possibly scandalous. How did the cops eliminate this guy?
Clive Wismayer

Postby geebee2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:59 am

It's good Ryan has the platform to go after the true perpetrator.
geebee2

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:28 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Charles-Erickson/443655105738671

Here is the latest post from David Ellsberry on the Free Charles Erickson Facebook page.

Charles Erickson supporters, I have some exciting news to share with all of you.
We are always striving to make this page be as interesting and informative as possible. Recently Noel Dalberth, one of my two administrators, was chatting
with the great Erin Moriarty, and shared my email address with her. Erin contacted me to talk about our Free Charles Erickson cause page. Erin and I had a wonderful conversation on the phone, I asked her if she would be interested in being a special guest contributor periodically on our page.
I'm ecstatic to report, that Erin accepted my invitation, and will be writing essays about the case whenever possible, time permitting.

Erin Moriarty is a Correspondent at CBS and 48 Hours since 1986.
She attended The Ohio State University, and went on to Law School, where Erin completed her degree.
I find it very noble and generous, that every year she provides a scholarship for a third year law student at her Alma Mater. The student is required to intern at The Ohio Public Defender's Wrongful Conviction Project. The program concentrates exclusively on the majority of wrongful conviction claims that do not involve DNA evidence. The focus is on allegations of flawed science, witness mis-identification, and false confessions. The project is designed to evaluate claims, to remove wrongfully convicted persons from Ohio prisons, and to promote policy changes that will prevent wrongful convictions in the future.

Moriarty has covered the Ryan Ferguson & Charles Erickson case, from the beginning in 2005, and has been covering it ever since. She played a key role, along with CBS, in reporting the facts as an objective investigative reporter, and has worked with her team relentlessly, to keep this injustice in the public's hearts and minds.

I must make one thing abundantly clear, Erin is not an advocate, she is a responsible Correspondent that will remain impartial and objective. She will write essays for our page, for all of you supporters to read and I'm certain, enjoy.

So many of you have asked when 48 hours would be airing their next update.
Erin's team at CBS and 48 Hours, has been working on an episode that should air sometime in February or March. This episode will update Ryan Ferguson's life since being released from prison on November 13th, however, this episode will be focused primarily on Charles Erickson. Thank you Erin Moriarty and Producer Gail Zimmerman, for all you've done to promote justice, and for all you continue to do in reporting the truth!!!
~David Ellsberry
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Charles Erickson Advocate Discussion

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Charles Erickson Advocate Discussion.

Case Summary
Charles Erickson and Ryan Ferguson were wrongfully convicted in 2005 for the 2001 murder of Columbia Daily Tribune sports editor Kent Heitholt in Missouri. There are no witnesses, no physical evidence, no DNA, no motive, in fact nothing tying either of them to the crime.

The Heitholt murder investigation remained unsolved after two years, when police received a tip from a person that heard Charles Erickson discussing a dream that he had about the murder, leading them to bring Charles in for questioning.

At the time of his interrogation, Charles was confused about the events that took place that night. Like many teenagers, Charles and his friends partied too hard that Halloween, leaving Charles with no recollection of the night.

Coming from a family with a history in law enforcement, Charles thought he could trust the police officers that were interrogating him. Unfortunately Charles was misled, causing him to plead guilty to the crime and provide false testimony in return for a reduced sentence.

When viewing his interrogation video, it is clear that Charles knows very little about the crime. The detectives spoon-feed Charles unreported details of the case, and pressure him into providing a false confession while implicating Ryan in the process.

Investigators used extremely poor judgment when making the decision to extract a false confession out of a young man that was in no position to give a proper statement. Charles must not be held accountable for the egregious misconduct of the police investigating the Heitholt murder. Charles must not continue to be punished for a murder he did not commit. The Heitholt family deserves justice. The continued incarceration of Charles Erickson brings no justice and no real closure for the family of the victim.

When given the opportunity, Charles recanted his statements implicating him and Ryan Ferguson, and he has done everything in his power to help set the record straight, not only for Ryan, but also for the Heitholt family.

Thankfully, Ryan Ferguson was finally freed on November 12, 2013, after serving nearly ten years in prison. Charles Erickson remains wrongfully convicted, and is currently serving a 25 year prison sentence.

This website has been created to help bring a better understanding to Charles Erickson's case. It is now blatantly obvious that Charles Erickson had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Kent Heitholt. This case continues to highlight the terribly flawed Missouri justice system. It is time for the nonsense to end.

A Message to Ryan Ferguson's Supporters
It is understandable that many of you may feel that Charles bears some responsibility for Ryan's wrongful conviction. We ask that you please take the time to learn about false confessions before passing judgment. Charles was put under extreme pressure, and was threatened with the death penalty if he did not cooperate with the prosecution. If you support Ryan Ferguson, based on the facts of this case, then you should support the release of Charles Erickson.

http://www.freecharleserickson.org/
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Charles Erickson Discussion

Postby Clive Wismayer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 pm

What was the basis for Ryan's exoneration and why doesn't it apply to Charles?
Clive Wismayer

Postby Sinsaint » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 am

I'm wondering... Is Zellner involved in Erickson's case? If not, does she plan to get involved?
Sinsaint

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Clive Wismayer wrote:What was the basis for Ryan's exoneration and why doesn't it apply to Charles?

Ryan was released due to Brady violations committed by the prosecution's office.

The Brady Rule, named for Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires prosecutors to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the government's possession to the defense. "Brady material" or evidence the prosecutor is required to disclose under this rule includes any evidence favorable to the accused-- evidence that goes towards negating a defendant's guilt, that would reduce a defendant's potential sentence, or evidence going to the credibility of a witness.

If the prosecution does not disclose material exculpatory evidence under this rule, and prejudice has ensued, the evidence will be suppressed. The evidence will be suppressed regardless of whether the prosecutor knew the evidence was in his or her possession, or whether or not the prosecutor intentionally or inadvertently withheld the evidence from the defense. The defendant bears the burden of proving that the undisclosed evidence was material, and the defendant must show that there is a reasonable probability that there would be a difference in the outcome of the trial had the evidence been disclosed by the prosecutor.

http://www.freecharleserickson.org/BradyViolations.html

The Brady violations that have been highlighted in the Ryan Ferguson case pertain to Charles Erickson as well. These tactics show clearly that the police had all of the evidence available to them to show that Charles Erickson was innocent. Shawna Ornt stated that she did not see Charles in the parking lot. Her statements were suppressed. By George employees stated that the club closed at 1:30 am. Those statements were suppressed. Dallas Mallory told police that he did not see Charles downtown on the night of the murder. His statements were suppressed. Jerry Trump's wife provided information to discredit her husband's statements. Her statements were suppressed.

If the police investigating this case had any interest in finding the truth, they would have looked at the totality of the evidence and concluded that Charles Erickson was not involved. They would have realized that his coerced statements were completely fabricated. Instead, they worked diligently to hide all evidence that proved his innocence, just as they did to Ryan.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Ryan Ferguson's civil lawsuit is an excellent source for information.

http://www.freecharleserickson.com/531e7efa4bf09.pdf.pdf
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Charles Erickson Public Discussion

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Charles Erickson Public Discussion Forum
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Charles Erickson Public Discussion Forum

Postby Tablebeforme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 am

I was initially furious with Charles Erickson and his accusations. After exploring my interest in the Kercher case, I can now understand how false confessions occur. If Ryan Ferguson can forgive him, I think we all should too.

I have to appreciate someone who admits to mistakes, intentional mistakes or nonintentional. That would apply to Mr Trump as well. But it seems these retractions are not what released Ryan. Thanks for the info on that, Bruce. I was wondering about that too. What can Charles do now? Will Ryan's release benefit his case at all?
Tablebeforme

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Charles Erickson Advocate Discussion

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Sinsaint wrote:I'm wondering... Is Zellner involved in Erickson's case? If not, does she plan to get involved?

Kathleen Zellner is not representing Charlie but she does support him:

"Charles is absolutely innocent. He was misled into thinking Ryan Ferguson was going to plead guilty and that certain witnesses would place him near the crime scene. He was young, vulnerable, and frightened. He deeply regrets his trial testimony but he was trapped by the State. He deserves understanding not condemnation. He should be free not imprisoned for a crime he did not commit. The charade put on by the State needs to end."

Charles Erickson is now being represented by Attorney Laura O'Sullivan, a professor at University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, and Senior Counsel with the Midwest Innocence Project.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Justinian » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:48 am

Charles Erickson and Ryan Ferguson were wrongfully convicted in 2005 for the 2001 murder of Columbia Daily Tribune sports editor Kent Heitholt in Missouri. There are no witnesses, no physical evidence, no DNA, no motive, in fact nothing tying either of them to the crime.

The police, judges, politicians and jurists know not that they know not. We are living in a world of fools. We ought to remedy this by required courses about mistaken incarcerations, why they happen and what to do about them. Absurd fascist justice is not something we should allow. We should not allow ignorance to exist.

Trolls are thrown out of the public schools. Moderators should throw them out of forums too. The problem is, on some forums, the moderators are trolls.
Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don’t know and I don’t care. -- Jimmy Buffett
Anti-intellectualism is plausibly anger against those that undermine ones' biases.
Justinian

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Charles Erickson wrote a letter to supporters. It's posted on his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/FreeCharlesErickson

Free Charles Erickson

Charlie wrote a message to you last week and mailed it to me. I (Marianne, his Mother) retyped it so that it could be posted. With the approval of Charlie's attorney, I am posting the entire message here today. I expect some feedback. Charlie is hoping the message will bring more objectivity to the understanding of his case. He believes that doing so will help to ensure his safety and secure his liberty. These are Charlie's words to you:

--------------------------------

Statement to Facebook Supporters
Written: 11/23/14 and Posted: 12/1/14

"First, I would like to thank everyone for their help and support. More than anything, people’s letters have given me hope. They have given me hope when nothing else did. Your contributions to my legal defense fund have allowed me to hire an unbiased attorney who has my best interests at heart. Before that, I was represented by a liar who seemed to have loyalties coming into it. My frustration was such that I was ready to go without an attorney rather than work with the one I had. Your contributions may get me out of prison; you may have literally saved my life.

As strange as it may sound though, it is not letters or contributions that I find most important or most helpful. What is most important is objectivity. One would think that being objective and unbiased would go without saying. I have found though, that is not the case. It can be hard but we all have an obligation to be objective. After all, subjectivity and bias caused this whole mess.

Memory loss due to drugs and alcohol was the main factor, but subjectivity played a large role also. Erroneous gossip months prior to our arrests affected me because of my memory problems. That gossip resulted from people taking things that Ryan had said out of context. It led to the police being called the first time. If I had been objective and realized that talk didn’t make me a murderer, I wouldn’t have gotten anxious and asked friends for advice. The cops wouldn’t have been called for the second time.

When I tried to tell the police that I couldn’t remember anything, they refused to be unbiased and objective. The prosecutor, wanting to close the case and become a judge, was biased. When it seemed that there were four people saying that Ryan said incriminating things to them or were saying that we were at the scene, I failed to be objective again. I didn’t consider that they could have been lying or that the police could have made their statements up. Though, having no memory caused me not to know whether those statements were true. If I had been objective, I might have waited to find out. Instead, I was weak and biased. I did a very selfish thing; I put a man in prison to save my own skin.

I’ve learned from that mistake, though. The old prison maxim goes “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.” Objectivity is something that we have to strive for, as bias affects all of us and all of us are biased.

Today, I still pay for my subjectivity and other people’s bias affects me. The media still refuses to explain why I said what I said, why I pled guilty. Ryan and his attorneys refuse to talk about it except to explain it in their lawsuit. I have been in fist fights with gang members over that subjectivity and remain in protective custody to this day. What’s worse is that Ryan and the media are doing to someone what the police and prosecutors did to us, making accusations without evidence.

Michael Boyd was a friend and coworker of Kent Heitholt’s. Ryan, Kathleen Zellner and the mass media have been able to accuse Mr. Boyd because they are being biased. They are taking things that he said out of context. They are trying to make something out of nothing and they are doing it for money. They complain that his DNA has not been compared to a blonde hair found in Mr. Heitholt’s hand. He is a black man and does not have blonde hair. That is why there has been no comparison, and they know it.

Villains drive ratings and if the media isn’t doing their best to make me look bad, they’re doing it to Michael Boyd. Even I have learned that it’s not okay to make false accusations to get out of prison. Yet, Ryan’s free and is still doing it. He’s doing it for money, pure and simple. In his lawsuit, he claims Boyd is the main suspect.

Michael Boyd seems like a good man. He was Kent Heitholt’s friend and protégé and now he has had to move out of Columbia. He has had to take his family and get a job somewhere else. That is a result of Ryan and the media accusing him, without evidence, of murdering his friend. Be objective and imagine how he feels for a moment. Apparently, Ryan cannot.

It is for these reasons that months ago, I asked Ryan to stop “supporting” me. I don’t want a subjective person supporting me and anyway, he doesn’t owe me. By falsely accusing Michael Boyd, Ryan is no better than the cops who arrested us or the prosecutor who convicted us. He may be worse since he has been through it himself and now he does it for money. I have to wonder why Ryan still supports me, since I asked him to stop. Apparently, it’s not for my sake.

That is the man then, in a nutshell. Not a murderer but probably not a good man either. Though, the limelight seems to affect people differently. One would think he would have gone back to school or gotten a job upon his release. Apparently, he intends to cash in on the attention. That in itself may not be evil but please do remember that others suffer for it.

And we’ve come full circle. Objectivity means more to me than anything. I would rather have objectivity than money or letters. I truly believe that objectivity will save the world, as it has already done, over and over.

While I have your attention and while we’re on the subject, I was wondering if y’all could do a couple of things for me. First, I was wondering if y’all could start a petition. Everyone who thinks that Ryan should stop accusing Michael Boyd because he doesn’t have sufficient evidence, should sign it. Until then, it seems that Mr. Boyd will continue to be another victim of racial scapegoating in America.

The second thing I have to ask is for people to contact Andrew Jenks and ask him to be objective in the documentary he is coming out with next year. If he is not objective, I will suffer in prison and Michael Boyd will suffer out there. Jenks did not seem like he was being very objective when I spoke with him. He has a Facebook page and should be easy to contact.

Again, one would think that I wouldn’t have to ask people to be objective. People should see that it is in their best interest and in the best interest of everybody. Is it strange that the guy in prison is being most objective? It’s because I’ve paid dearly for my bias and I’ve learned.

I appreciate all of your help and support. For some reason they’re transferring me and I don’t know whether I’ll go to protective custody at the next prison. It would help a lot if y’all could try to get (Andrew) Jenks to be objective. My freedom and life could depend on it. Michael Boyd’s quality of life will depend on it also. Thanks for listening."

Charlie
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Here is Bruce's response:

Bruce Fischer
I think Bill Ferguson summed up Michael Boyd well. I have the same feelings.

"Ryan has never said that he thought Michael Boyd was guilty of this crime. What we have both said is Michael Boyd should be investigated based on his
inconsistent stories and his testimony during the Habeas hearing.

I would strongly suggest that people read Michael's Boyd's own words
while he was under oath doing the habeas hearing before making any other
comments. This has absolutely nothing to do with race never has."

I don't think it's right to accuse anyone of murder without proof. Asking for a proper investigation is another story.

The comment that Ryan is just out for money doesn't play well. He lost 10
years of his life. He's entitled to file a civil suit. Same goes for Charlie. Those
that coerced his confession should not go unpunished.

Ryan's PR team has no control over the media when it comes to the clips they show about the case. They do their interviews and then the show is put
together. They have no part in production.

The website that Injustice Anywhere created for Charlie has a page discussing Michael Boyd: http://www.freecharleserickson.org/MichaelBoyd.html

The page ends with: "This website is certainly not accusing Michael Boyd of murder, but with the evidence currently available, it is reasonable to suggest that he has not been properly investigated."

Injustice Anywhere supports Charlie's actual innocence. It's clear that Charlie had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Kent Heitholt. We do not agree with all of Charlie's views but that doesn't change the fact that he's not guilty of the crime he's currently in prison for. In the end, that's what's important here. Two people were wrongfully convicted, leaving the actual killer to remain free.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Niteangel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Any news about this case? Has he been exonerated yet?
'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.' Sherlock Holmes
Niteangel

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Niteangel wrote:Any news about this case? Has he been exonerated yet?

Hi Niteangel,

Charlie's attorney is currently working on his appeal.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Charles Erickson Case Discussion

Postby geebee2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:21 am

"In a book published in 2014, author John A. Cameron speculated that serial killer Edward Wayne Edwards may have murdered Heitholt. Cameron states that Edwards blogged on Zodiackiller.com about a confrontation with a newsman, the day after killing Heitholt. Edwards blogged wih username Sylvie. Edwards used the name Sylvia in letters relating to the 1968 Robison family murders (attributed to Edwards in Chapter 28). Mr. Robison was also an editor."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_W._Fe ... a_coverage

I am currently reading the book. I think it probable that Edwards murdered Heitholt.
geebee2

Postby Sinsaint » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:09 pm

I think it probable that Michael Boyd murdered Heitholt.
Sinsaint

Postby geebee2 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:56 am

Sinsaint wrote:I think it probable that Michael Boyd murdered Heitholt.

A broken hyoid bone means a punch that disabled, then he was strangled, it's the work of an experienced killer, and very characteristic of Edwards.

There is strong proof Edwards was responsible, with Boyd it is only suspicion, and I would rule out Boyd due to the manner of the killing.
geebee2

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri May 01, 2015 1:35 pm

The analysis from Ron Hendry is worth taking a look at. http://www.freecharleserickson.org/KentHeitholt.html

You can also read about Boyd here: http://www.freecharleserickson.org/MichaelBoyd.html
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:59 pm

It would be nice to see some movement with this case. The state has got to know that they have an innocent man convicted.
Desert Fox

Return to Charles Erickson Case