Postby Sarah » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Kate Mansey Article

Postby Sarah » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Day I met MEREDITH suspect Raffaele

Kate Mansey In Perugia, sundaymirror.co.uk 11/11/2007

Murder of Meredith

Raffaele Sollecito is not much to look at. When I first met him he looked forlorn, with a battered duffle coat falling off his shoulders as he stood on a street in Perugia.

What I didn't know then was that the calm, quiet man I interviewed in a cafe for 40 minutes - the Italian boyfriend of Meredith's flatmate Amanda - was a prime suspect in the chilling, bloody murder carried out just hours before our meeting.

We met by chance when I was asking around to see if anyone knew Meredith - he looked lost and frightened but agreed to talk to me.

He was obviously nervous. It seemed he was desperate to show he had nothing to hide.

We went to a cafe and he ordered an espresso. I sat down inside the cafe with a cappuccino but he refused - instead standing, shifting his weight from foot-to-foot.

He seemed obsessed with the Italian newspapers I was carrying, all of which had Meredith's picture on the front page.

One of the local reports had a cartoon showing a man and a woman standing over a body sprawled out on a bed.

I asked him: "Is this right? Is this how you found her? And who is the girl with you in the picture?"

He said: "It is right but it's not if you know. It's a cartoon but yes I was there with Amanda. Amanda Knox, my girlfriend. Meredith was Amanda's flatmate."

It was around 1pm - just 24 hours since police found Meredith's bloody body in her student flat.

"The police have been speaking to me all yesterday and all this morning. I got out half an hour ago and then I met you, so it's very strange," he said.

Why did they need to speak to him for so long?

"They are asking everyone," he said. "Amanda is still with them - she's with the police now at the scene. They wanted her to show them something, I don't know what. I'm going to see her soon."

We got talking about what happened the day before the killing.

During the conversation Raffaele's phone rang. It sounded like a male voice speaking in Italian and I understood from the conversation that he was getting irate. Raising his voice, Raffaele sounded exasperated as he said in Italian: "It's just a journalist. I'm just telling her about Meredith. I can talk to a journalist if I want."

The conversation ended badly and he didn't say goodbye when he hung up.

I asked who he was speaking to. He replied: "Just a friend."

http://web.archive.org/web/201111061300 ... -20092572/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Kate Mansey Article

Postby Sarah » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Does anyone have a copy of her other articles. They seem to get brought up all the time, so I would like to store them. Should have long ago.
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Kate Mansey Articles

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 am

Published in the Sunday Mirror 4/11/2007

ITALY MURDER DETAILS EMERGE EXCLUSIVE MURDERED IN ITALY. MEREDITH, 21
Friend tells how he broke down door
Kate Mansey In Perugia, Italy 4/11/2007

A friend of murdered British student Meredith Kercher told last night how he discovered her body in her blood-spattered bedroom.
Raffaele Sollecito, 23, relived the horror of finding the body of the pretty brunette who died when her killer broke into her home and cut her throat as she lay in her bed.
"It is something I never hope to see again," he said. "There was blood everywhere and I couldn't take it all in.
"My girlfriend was her flatmate and she was crying and screaming, 'How could anyone do this?'"
Meredith, 21, who had been studying in Perugia, Italy since August, was murdered the day after a Halloween fancy dress party at the city's British-themed Merlin Pub on Wednesday.
On Thursday she posted happy snaps of herself in fancy dress on the internet and in the evening had returned home alone after watching a film at a friend's house.
But her flatmates - two Italian girls and one American - had all stayed out for the night, so the gruesome discovery wasn't made until the next day.
Raffaele had spent the night at his own house on the other side of the city with his girlfriend, Meredith's American flatmate Amanda Knox, 22.
He said: "It was a normal night. Meredith had gone out with one of her English friends and Amanda and I went to party with one of my friends.
"The next day, around lunchtime, Amanda went back to their apartment to have a shower."
As Amanda, from Washington DC, stepped into house [sic B] she could tell there was something terribly wrong.
Raffaele said: "When she arrived the front door was wide open. She thought it was weird, but thought maybe someone was in the house and had left it ajar.
"But when she went into the bathroom she saw spots of blood all over the bath and sink. That's when she started getting really afraid and ran back to my place because she didn't want to go into the house alone. So I agreed to go back with her. When we walked in together, I knew straight away it was wrong. It was really eerily silent and the bathroom was speckled with blood like someone had flicked it around, just little spots.
"We went into the bedroom of Philomena (another flatmate who was away) and it had been ransacked, like someone had been looking for something. But when we tried Meredith's room, the door was locked. She never normally locked her bedroom door and that really made us frightened."
Their panic grew as they desperately banged on her door.
Raffaele said: "I tried to knock it down. I thought maybe she was ill... I made a dent, but I wasn't strong enough on my own so I called the police."
When police arrived they knocked the door down straightaway and Raffaele followed them into the room.
"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," he said. "It was hard to tell it was Meredith at first but Amanda started crying and screaming. I dragged her away because I didn't want her to see it, it was so horrible.
"It seems her killer came through the window because it was smashed and there was glass all over the place. It was so sinister because other parts of the house were just as normal."
Raffaele, a computer science student, said Meredith had recently started seeing an Italian neighbour called Giacamo who lived in the apartment beneath the girls. He said: "Meredith was always smiling and happy. She was really popular and it's horrible that someone would want to hurt her."
Police hunting for the killer found two mobile phones in nearby Parco Saint Angelo, a favourite hang out for heroin addicts.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/11/04/italy-murder-details-emerge-98487-20058122/
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks MichaelB. :)
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 am

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sund ... -20122902/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sorry, here is the archive for this one...
http://web.archive.org/web/201201020252 ... -20122902/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MEREDITH BOYFRIEND BREAKS HIS SILENCE

Kate Mansey In Perugia, Italy Kate.Mansey@sundaymirror.co.uk 18/11/2007

The boyfriend of murdered student Meredith Kercher has told how a chill ran down his spine when prime suspect Amanda Knox tried to comfort him.

Giacomo Silenzi said all of Meredith's friends were red-eyed and in tears after the murder yet Knox showed no signs of emotion as she hugged him.

"I saw Amanda at the police station when I found out what had happened," said Giacomo, speaking exclusively to the Sunday Mirror from his family's home on Italy's Adriatic coast.

"All Meredith's friends were being questioned at the police station and that's where I saw Amanda. Everyone was upset but Amanda seemed cold, like there was no emotion.

"She came forward and hugged me but she was the only one who looked like she hadn't been crying."

Giacomo added: "Meredith is gone and it's hard to come to terms with. But it's even harder to think someone close to her could have killed her.

Knox - Meredith's American flatmate - Knox's boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 23, and Congolese bar owner Patrick Diya Lumumba, 37, are all being held in a high-security prison in Capanne on the outskirts of Perugia, accused of murder and sexual violence.

Police have revealed that 22-year-old Knox's DNA was found on a kitchen knife belonging to Sollecito which was used in the attack. It is the first scientific evidence putting the American known as Knoxy at the murder scene. She's twice told police that she was not at home on the night of the killing, when Meredith is believed to have been murdered after resisting a sex orgy.

Devastated Giacomo, 22, who shared a flat below where Meredith was living, is still struggling to come to terms with her brutal murder.

"I wasn't in Perugia when it happened because I had travelled to the coast to see my family," he said. "My place was empty because my flatmates had also gone away as Halloween is a time in Italy when we remember members of our family who have died.

"I left her the keys to my flat because she'd offered to look after our two cats and water the plants.

"Meredith had some parties planned with her English friends. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I wish more than anything I could have stayed with her.

"Before I left, Meredith said 'Go. I will be waiting for you here'. Those were the last words she said to me." Giacomo, who comes from the seaside town of Porto San Giorgio, only heard about the murder when Meredith's Italian flatmate Filomena Romanelli called him on his mobile.

"I was already on the train heading back to Perugia and looking forward to seeing Mez," said Giacomo. "At first I didn't believe it, but I could hear in her voice it was the truth.

Advertisement - article continues below »

"The worst thing was arriving and going straight to the police station to tell them what I knew. I was in shock and all her friends were crying in the police station apart from Amanda and her boyfriend Raffaele, who I didn't know but who shook my hand."

Giacomo, a second-year international communications student, became close to Meredith when she arrived from Leeds University to study for a year, and rented a room in the flat above.

He said: "She was lovely. A beautiful girl with a beautiful personality. Her beauty shone out and that's why I was attracted to her. She was the girl-next-door in every way. We are both similar and quite shy so we became friends first but we understood each other and the first time I kissed her I knew it wasn't just a one-off.

"The night we first kissed was at the Red Zone Club. Amanda was there that night, which was unusual because normally Meredith preferred to go out with her English friends.

"Amanda was a flirt with the men and Meredith didn't see eye to eye with her. The two were like chalk and cheese - totally opposite in character. Meredith was calm, sweet and shy. Amanda was an extrovert and always showing off.

"Amanda was a normal girl on the surface but she was wild underneath. She was over-the-top and always wanted to know what everyone else was up to.

"She used to come downstairs to see me and my flatmates and would just wander in without knocking. We all found her pretty irritating but put it down to her being foreign. My flatmates thought maybe all Americans were like that."

Although Giacomo had only been going out with Meredith for three weeks, he said it was a passionate relationship.

"She was happy, enjoying her time in Italy," said Giacomo. "She was always asking me questions about the country and the people. She was keen to learn and really studious.

"We spoke in Italian because my English isn't as good as her Italian and we were just getting to know each other. Most of the time we spent together we would just hang out, lying on the bed and talking or listening to music.

"I know for a fact she wouldn't have been involved in any sort of orgy or kinky sex because she wasn't like that. When we slept together it was loving and very normal. She wasn't that sort of girl. The devastating thing was that I will never know what sort of life we could have had together because it has been cut short.

"And the idea that she died in such a way is horrible to think about. We were getting closer and closer and more in love every day. It felt so natural, but now it's over. You never think something like this will ever happen to someone you know, someone you're close to, so I'm in pieces. I'm trying my hardest to cope with it and come to terms with it."

Giacomo, who has made a 30- minute tribute tape about Meredith for Italian TV, wants to pass it on to Meredith's grieving family.

He added: "I want her parents to know how much she meant to me and how much I'll miss her. I'll always remember my Mez and I want someone to pay for what they've taken from us all."
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

http://web.archive.org/web/200802211320 ... -20122899/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police investigating Meredith's murder said yesterday they were close to seizing a fourth suspect who has fled Italy.

Italian cops said the arrest of an Algerian musician - who they suspect was in the room when Meredith was killed 16 days ago - was "imminent".

A Perugia police spokesman said: "We have developed a genetic profile of the suspect, based on DNA evidence gathered from Meredith's flat.

"This evidence does not match any of the other three suspects or any of Meredith's friends."

Police know the identity of the suspect - known as a local drug dealer - and believe he is lying low in France.

They also revealed that the man may have had sex with Meredith before her death after his DNA was found on her body.

The man's bloody fingerprint was found on the pillow in the room where the 21-year-old was stabbed in the neck.

On Friday the head of Perugia's Flying Squad, Giacinto Profazio, and chief prosecutor, Giuseppe Mignini, seized two boxes of kitchen utensils from suspect Raffaele Sollecito's student home for further tests after DNA belonging to Meredith and her flatmate Amanda Knox was found on the blade of an 8in knife belonging to him.

Detectives believe Sollecito and Knox bought two bottles of bleach to clean traces of blood from the weapon - but bleach does not erase DNA.

Forensic tests are still being carried out on Sollecito's two computers and a bag of Knox's possessions confiscated from her prison cell.

Yesterday Knox's parents Edda Mellas, 44, and Curtis Knox, 47, visited their daughter in high-security Capanne prison.
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:47 am

http://web.archive.org/web/200801180405 ... news/suDNA evidence breakthrough
By Kate Mansey 16/12/2007

The DNA of a key suspect in Meredith Kercher's murder has been found on her bra.

Detectives now believe Rudy Hermann Guede, 20, who went on the run after the killing, forceably ripped off the 21-year-old's bra before sexually assaulting her.

Cops knew Guede was there because his bloody fingerprints were found in the flat and DNA testing confirmed he had sex with Meredith.

He has admitted this to friends, claiming sex was consensual. But this latest evidence suggests he was involved in a struggle with Meredith.

The exchange student was found semi-naked with her throat cut seven weeks ago in the bedroom of her flat in Perugia, Italy. She was buried in Mitcham, South London, on Friday.

Guede claims the "real killer" slashed his hand with a knife before escaping. Perugia prosecutor Giuliano Mignini said: "His version of events is full of lies and contradictions. He claims to have just kissed Meredith but his DNA is on the victim and on the bra."

Meanwhile, Meredith's US flatmate Amanda "Foxy" Knox has branded her "a loner" in a leaked prison diary.

Suspects Knox, 20, her boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 23, and Guede, deny any involvement in the murder.nday/2007/12/16/meredith-bra-clue-98487-20256054/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:55 am

I can't find the archive on this one but a copy is out there somewhere

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sund ... -20299761/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ETA...and here it is (preview only)
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-173884187.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 am

http://web.archive.org/web/201102081630 ... -21107149/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Murdered British student Meredith Kercher fell out with her flatmate Amanda Knox over house cleaning before her death, a court heard yesterday.

Legal secretary Filomena Romanelli, 29, who shared a flat with Knox and Meredith, told of friction between the two girls.

"At first they got on very well," said Filomena. "Then things began to take a different road and there was a bit of tension over the cleaning rotas.

"I know Amanda missed her turn a couple of times, she didn't always respect them."

American Knox, 21, and her former Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 24, are accused of murdering Meredith after forcing her to take part in a sex game.

Neither cried when they saw her blood-soaked body in her digs in Perugia, Italy, said Filomena.

She added: "Amanda would bring strangers home. Both her and Meredith were young and pretty, they were sweet and made friends easily. They got friendly with the boys who lived below and met people at university.

"Meredith never brought men home. She said she was not interested in boys - she was here to study."

Meredith, 21, from Coulsdon, Surrey, was found with her throat cut at her digs. The trial continues.
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 am

http://web.archive.org/liveweb/http://w ... ath-351940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meredith Kercher was killed when the three suspects plotted a drug-fuelled orgy - inspired by Halloween, Marilyn Manson and Japanese comics, a prosecutor claimed.

But the tryst turned fatal when she refused and was subjected to a "cult-like ritual", an Italian court heard.

State prosecutor Giuliano Mignini told the trial Meredith had her throat cut in a "sect-like ritual" the day after a Halloween party where she had been pictured dressed in a vampire-like costume.

Rudy Guede, 21, American Amanda Knox, 21, and Raffaele Sollecito, 24, are accused of her murder.

Ivory Coast-born drifter Guede's DNA was found on Meredith's body, but he denies involvement in her killing.

Mignini told the court: "There was a sect-like aspect with cultural connections to Halloween and All Saints Day playing a part. The killing actually happened the next day. Japanese comics found in Raffaele Sollecito's possession had pictures of murdered female vampires which were eerily similar to the scene of the crime."

The court heard Sollecito was a fan of goth rocker Marilyn Manson which was seen as a contributing factor to his personality. Lawyers acting for Sollecito and Knox denied the claims, describing them as "a huge fantasy".

Meredith, 21, from Coulsdon, Surrey, was on an exchange year from Leeds University when she was stabbed on November 1 in the Perugia flat she shared with three girls.

Guede's lawyer Valter Biscotti told the court his client was innocent and instead blamed Meredith's American flatmate Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend Sollecito. Mr Biscotti added: "The only thing that Rudy is guilty of is maybe cowardice because after finding Meredith dying on the floor he ran away."

RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 am

another I can't track down at present

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sund ... -20388878/
RoseMontague

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

Anybody notice the direct quote from Mignini?
RoseMontague

Postby Katody » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am

RoseMontague wrote:Anybody notice the direct quote from Mignini?

Nice find! I like especially the Marylin Manson reference :)
Katody

Postby Hans » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm

RoseMontague wrote:I can't find the archive on this one but a copy is out there somewhere

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sund ... -20299761/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ETA...and here it is (preview only)
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-173884187.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from the free library:
MEREDITH SUSPECT: My idol the Monster.
Byline: By KATE MANSEY
A PRIME suspect in the killing of British student Meredith Kercher bragged about idolising a notorious serial killer just days before her murder.
Italian Raffaele Sollecito used his online diary to praise the "Monster of Foligno", a convict serving a life sentence for the murders of two young children.
The shocking discovery came as police this week scoured Sollecito's computer for clues.
The 23-year-old student and his American girlfriend Amanda Knox are being held on suspicion of murdering and sexually assaulting Meredith, a fellow student in Perugia. He read about Luigi Chiatti when he found out he had also studied at the town's ONAOSI college years before.
On October 13 - less than three weeks before Meredith was murdered - Sollecito wrote on his blog about previous students at the college.
"The one I admire the most is the Monster of Foligno," he said. "I know there have been all sorts of salacious goings-on at the college but the one common denominator is depression."
The IT student also wrote of his interest in "extreme experiences" and hinted at his depression, saying he felt he was "entering a dark tunnel without an exit".
Chillingly, he also posted images of himself posing as a murderous butcher, clutching a bottle of bleach.
Sollecito's solicitors took the site down after his arrest but police now think the computer could offer invaluable clues.
The Italian appeared in court on Monday to give prosecutors the password to his computer so they could gain access to its contents.
Sollecito, 20-year-old Knox and Rudy Hermann Guede, 20, from the Ivory Coast, are being held in Italy awaiting charges over the murder of Meredith on November 1 last year.
The 21-year-old exchange-year student, from Coulsdon, Surrey, was found in her bed with her throat cut after police believe she was raped.
kate.mansey@sundaymirror.co.uk
CAPTION(S):
Slain... Meredith
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby Hans » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

RoseMontague wrote:another I can't track down at present

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/04/20/meredith-our-grief-98487-20388878/

from the free library:
MEREDITH: 'OUR GRIEF'.
Byline: By KATE MANSEY
MURDERED student Meredith Kercher's mother came face-to-face with one of her daughter's alleged killers in an Italian courtroom yesterday.
Mrs Arline Kercher, 62, looked on as student Raffaele Sollecito, 24, appeared in court in Perugia. At her side were Meredith's brother Lyle, 28, and sister Stephanie, 24. At one point the horror of Meredith's death proved too much and they left the court as gruesome photos of her mutilated body were shown.
The family from Coulsdon, Surrey, said in a statement: "Almost six months since she died we are still coming to terms with the idea of never seeing our Meredith smiling and happy again."
Leeds University student Meredith, 21, was on a foreign exchange trip to Perugia when her semi-naked body was found under a duvet in a pool of blood in her room last November.
Sollecito was arrested with his girlfriend, Meredith's flatmate Amanda Knox, 20. Third suspect Rudy Hermann Guede, 20, was tracked down to Germany. They deny murder and are being held in prison.
Meredith's family are considering suing an Italian TV station for showing horrific footage of her body.
CAPTION(S):
Mum Arline in Italy
He [Raffaele] is collateral damage in the unreasonable, irresponsible, and unrelenting scapegoating of the prosecution’s grotesque caricature that is “Foxy Knoxy”
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby Hans » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Another one from the free library:

Sunday Mirror › November 11, 2007
FLATMATE CLEANED UP BLOOD..THEN HID MOP; EXCLUSIVE Meredith cops close in on 4th suspect.

Byline: KATE MANSEY in Perugia, Italy

A FOURTH suspect in the gruesome Meredith Kercher murder was last night being tracked across Europe - after he was caught on CCTV.
Italian police have seized footage from a camera in a car park overlooking the British student's home.
Detectives know the identity of the man - a North African musician believed to have fled to France.
They think his bloody fingerprint is on a cushion in the bedroom where the 21-year-old was stabbed when she was forced into a horrifying sex game that went wrong. A judge has ruled that American flatmate Amanda Knox, 20, her lover Raffaele Sollecito, 23, and bar owner Patrick Diya Lumumba, 37, can held for up to a year before charges are brought. A police source said last night: "We now have evidence a fourth suspect was involved and we're on his tail." We can also reveal shocking police details of the murder:
Traces of Meredith's blood was found on Sollecito's underwear
The suspects used a mop and bucket to clean up - and then hid them.
Meredith was alive when her attackers fled
Lovers Knox and Sollecito went shopping for sexy underwear the day before.
A leaked police report reveals: "Meredith went into her room with Lumumba ... in all probability, Sollecito came in and the two tried a swap, which Meredith refused."
Last night Meredith's body was stopped at Rome airport just before it was due to be flown out because Lumumba's lawyers want a second autopsy to confirm the time of death.
CAPTION(S):
Susect... Knox; Victim... Meredith
~ Amanda Knox
Hans

Postby RoseMontague » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Hans wrote:Another one from the free library:

Sunday Mirror › November 11, 2007
FLATMATE CLEANED UP BLOOD..THEN HID MOP; EXCLUSIVE Meredith cops close in on 4th suspect.

Byline: KATE MANSEY in Perugia, Italy

A FOURTH suspect in the gruesome Meredith Kercher murder was last night being tracked across Europe - after he was caught on CCTV.
Italian police have seized footage from a camera in a car park overlooking the British student's home.
Detectives know the identity of the man - a North African musician believed to have fled to France.
They think his bloody fingerprint is on a cushion in the bedroom where the 21-year-old was stabbed when she was forced into a horrifying sex game that went wrong. A judge has ruled that American flatmate Amanda Knox, 20, her lover Raffaele Sollecito, 23, and bar owner Patrick Diya Lumumba, 37, can held for up to a year before charges are brought. A police source said last night: "We now have evidence a fourth suspect was involved and we're on his tail." We can also reveal shocking police details of the murder:
Traces of Meredith's blood was found on Sollecito's underwear
The suspects used a mop and bucket to clean up - and then hid them.
Meredith was alive when her attackers fled
Lovers Knox and Sollecito went shopping for sexy underwear the day before.
A leaked police report reveals: "Meredith went into her room with Lumumba ... in all probability, Sollecito came in and the two tried a swap, which Meredith refused."
Last night Meredith's body was stopped at Rome airport just before it was due to be flown out because Lumumba's lawyers want a second autopsy to confirm the time of death.
CAPTION(S):
Susect... Knox; Victim... Meredith

Is it possible to get that many things wrong in one article? wow, just wow. Thanks Hans.
RoseMontague

Postby ClintNine » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes, isn't this Kate Mansey the reporter who accosted Raffaelle in a cafe and wrote some nonsense that was then used by PGP as "proof" that Raffaelle lied about his whereabouts? Seems he was confused or her Italian was bad and his English was bad and it came out a jumble about which was the night he mentioned going to a party (the night before the murder it appeared yet PGP insist otherwise and use it as "evidence" of lies into which they read too much).
ClintNine

Postby MustBeQuantum » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Has the Great Mansey written since those early articles?
MustBeQuantum

Postby MustBeQuantum » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Has Mansey written anything since those early articles and was she also part of the journalism scandals around phone hacking and police influence?
MustBeQuantum

Postby LarryK » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 am

With regard to "MEREDITH SUSPECT: My idol the Monster", the Raffaele blog posts mentioned were from 2006, as I remember reading.
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby kindlekitten » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:51 am

Aren't any of these so called journalists pressed for veracity in these .... stories?
kindlekitten

Postby Francisco » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

kindlekitten wrote:Aren't any of these so called journalists pressed for veracity in these .... stories?

After reading through that collection of articles I'd say the obvious answer is NO. No wonder so many people initially thought they were guilty. If this was all you read, how could you conclude otherwise?
Francisco

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:17 am

I found ‘lost boy’ killer

Kate Mansey
Published: 2 February 2014

He could have been any student: medium height, mousy hair, no distinctive features. But in 2007 I found myself sitting opposite Raffaele Sollecito in a cafe in Perugia as he calmly explained how he had discovered Meredith Kercher lying in a pool of blood the day before.
I was the first person to interview Sollecito. The media had never heard of him and his girlfriend Amanda Knox, who were about to become two of the world’s most infamous murder suspects.
I had flown to Perugia to report on the killing of the British student in her bedroom. Like Meredith, I had studied Italian at Leeds University.
I walked the cobbled streets, asking students if they had known Meredith, but I didn’t have much to show for my efforts until I saw the scruffy Sollecito, blinking behind round-rimmed glasses with a floppy fringe and a duffel coat. I was stunned when he said in English: “Yes, I knew her. I found her body.”
I bought him an espresso in a nearby cafe and he shifted from foot to foot before sitting down. He told me how Knox had seen blood in the bathroom of the cottage she shared with Meredith. “Spots of blood . . . The bathroom was speckled with blood,” he said. Knox had run to fetch him and they had returned together.
“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing,” he said. “It was hard to tell it was Meredith at first but Amanda started crying and screaming. I dragged her away because I didn’t want her to see it, it was so horrible. There was blood everywhere and I couldn’t take it all in. My girlfriend was her flatmate and she was crying and screaming, ‘How could anyone do this?’”
Sollecito’s blank expression was so disturbing that I repeatedly asked him if he was OK. I thought he was in shock.
The only time he showed any real emotion was when he blew out his cheeks with frustration as I double-checked the spellings of “Sollecito” and “Knox” in my notebook and asked him to clarify what he had been doing on Hallowe’en, just before the murder.
Before he left, he posed for a picture. Then I shook his hand and wished him well. I was 26; he was only three years younger but had the demeanour of a lost child.
He and Knox were arrested shortly afterwards.
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby RoseMontague » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 am

MichaelB wrote:I found ‘lost boy’ killer

Kate Mansey
Published: 2 February 2014

He could have been any student: medium height, mousy hair, no distinctive features. But in 2007 I found myself sitting opposite Raffaele Sollecito in a cafe in Perugia as he calmly explained how he had discovered Meredith Kercher lying in a pool of blood the day before.
I was the first person to interview Sollecito. The media had never heard of him and his girlfriend Amanda Knox, who were about to become two of the world’s most infamous murder suspects.
I had flown to Perugia to report on the killing of the British student in her bedroom. Like Meredith, I had studied Italian at Leeds University.
I walked the cobbled streets, asking students if they had known Meredith, but I didn’t have much to show for my efforts until I saw the scruffy Sollecito, blinking behind round-rimmed glasses with a floppy fringe and a duffel coat. I was stunned when he said in English: “Yes, I knew her. I found her body.”
I bought him an espresso in a nearby cafe and he shifted from foot to foot before sitting down. He told me how Knox had seen blood in the bathroom of the cottage she shared with Meredith. “Spots of blood . . . The bathroom was speckled with blood,” he said. Knox had run to fetch him and they had returned together.
“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing,” he said. “It was hard to tell it was Meredith at first but Amanda started crying and screaming. I dragged her away because I didn’t want her to see it, it was so horrible. There was blood everywhere and I couldn’t take it all in. My girlfriend was her flatmate and she was crying and screaming, ‘How could anyone do this?’”
Sollecito’s blank expression was so disturbing that I repeatedly asked him if he was OK. I thought he was in shock.
The only time he showed any real emotion was when he blew out his cheeks with frustration as I double-checked the spellings of “Sollecito” and “Knox” in my notebook and asked him to clarify what he had been doing on Hallowe’en, just before the murder.
Before he left, he posed for a picture. Then I shook his hand and wished him well. I was 26; he was only three years younger but had the demeanour of a lost child.
He and Knox were arrested shortly afterwards.

It sounds like Kate Mansey was asking Raffaele about the wrong night. This is something many of us suspected was the case.
RoseMontague

Return to Article Archive