Ryan Ferguson Case Discussion

Re: Ryan Ferguson

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 am

Disaster

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/201 ... -ferguson/

Convicted murderer Ryan Ferguson was denied a new trial Wednesday after months of deliberation by a Cole County judge.
“It’s like a kick in the stomach,” said Bill Ferguson. “I am shocked and appalled. I am just devastated.”
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:42 am

I am shocked by this decision. This is one case where I was very confident a new trial would be granted. They were not asking for release. They were asking for a new trial because the 2 witnesses that secured the conviction have both recanted. There is no evidence left and a new trial would have shown this.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am

Bruce Fischer wrote:I am shocked by this decision. This is one case where I was very confident a new trial would be granted. They were not asking for release. They were asking for a new trial because the 2 witnesses that secured the conviction have both recanted. There is no evidence left and a new trial would have shown this.

They saved one of their own. It was a not guilty verdict for Judge Crane.

Poor Ryan and his family :sadno:
The stupid things Ergon says - THE BEST OF NASEER AHMAD: "Curatolo's testimony is one of the bedrock foundations of my beliefs in this case."
MichaelB

Postby geebee2 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 am

Unbelievable, ridiculous, astonishing.
geebee2

Postby Grayhawker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:33 am

My conclusion is that this was "career protection" versus seeking truth and justice.
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby IWNR2013 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Show your support for Ryan at this new Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/FreeRyanFerguson?fref=ts
IWNR2013

Postby Sarah » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:18 pm

JREF Forum thread on the Ryan Ferguson case

Have you ever had a cop in your face?
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=153197&highlight=ryan+ferguson

Thanks Dan O.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Watch 48 Hours Saturday Feb 23 !

48 Hours: "The Accuser"
By Erin Moriarty

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57570593-504083/48-hours-the-accuser/

(CBS) -- When authorities in Columbia, Missouri got a tip in 2004 about an unsolved murder, they did the right thing. After an anonymous caller informed the local Crimestoppers' hotline that 19-year-old Chuck Erickson was telling friends he might have been involved in an unsolved murder, they picked him up and brought him in for questioning. Unfortunately, good judgment and prudence seemed to end there. What investigators did next may have irretrievably damaged a murder investigation and helped put the wrong men in prison.

Back in early 2004, we can only imagine investigators' excitement when they first heard about Erickson. For more than two years, they had been looking for two young white men who had been seen in a parking lot where Kent Heitholt, a newspaper sports editor, was found beaten and strangled. And finally, here was a 19-year-old teenager who seemed to fit the bill. Erickson admitted being just blocks away from the crime scene at a local bar on the night of the murder, Halloween, 2001. Even better, he had been with another white teenager by the name of Ryan Ferguson.

Still, wise, experienced investigators know that troubled individuals sometimes claim responsibility for high profile crimes they didn't commit. Speaking with Erickson should have set off red flags. Erickson, by his own admission, was high on marijuana when he was interrogated by investigators. When he repeatedly told them that he wasn't sure he had committed the crime and could offer few details other than what had appeared in newspaper articles, detectives simply gave him the information. Erickson didn't know the type of weapon used to strangle the victim, so they told him it was the victim's belt. Erickson also didn't know exactly where the murder took place, so investigators drove him there and showed him. While authorities claim that Erickson did offer a few facts that had not been reported publicly, it is impossible to confirm this since only a portion of the interrogation was recorded. Also troubling is the alleged motive for the slaying: Erickson claimed he and Ferguson robbed the victim so that they could continue drinking. Yet, investigators knew that only an inexpensive watch and keys had been taken. The victim's wallet was still in his car. What's more, the bars closed an hour before Heitholt was murdered.

Meanwhile, Ryan Ferguson, when interrogated by detectives in March of 2004, told a very different story. He never wavered from his insistence that he had nothing to do with the murder. Further investigation also showed that none of the physical evidence at the scene matched either Ferguson or Chuck Erickson. And yet, both teenagers were charged with murder. Once investigators had their suspects, they focused their efforts on convicting them.

It is easy to judge and criticize an investigation with the benefit of hindsight, but when I finally got to meet Erickson myself (he now prefers to be called Charles), I was surprised that detectives were so willing to accept the word of this very smart, but clearly troubled young man. I sat down with Charles recently at the Missouri prison where he is serving a 12 to 25 year sentence for second degree murder. He is sober now, but when police interrogated him back in March of 2004, he had been using copious amounts of both legal and illegal drugs and alcohol for years and frequently experienced blackouts. If detectives had looked into his background, they might have had serious doubts about the story he told. Instead, they were anxious to close this high profile case.

This is what Charles Erickson told me: On the night Kent Heitholt was murdered, Halloween, 2001, he was 17-years-old and had just come off probation for a drug charge. Erickson celebrated, he says, by using and abusing all the drugs and alcohol that he had been denied for several months. At a party that evening, he says he took cocaine and Adderall. Later, he and Ryan Ferguson sneaked illegally into a bar just blocks from The Columbia Daily Tribune office where Kent Heitholt worked into the night. Erickson drank some "green drinks", he recalls, and suffered his first blackout. He can remember nothing after that, not even how he got home. He does recall waking up in his own bedroom the following morning, surprised by how clearheaded he felt. He says he heard about the murder later in the day, but it made no impression on him. He says he found no blood on his clothing, no weapon in his room, and nothing that would have him believe he had anything to do with a murder.

A full two years later, Erickson saw a newspaper article timed to the anniversary of Heitholt's still unsolved murder that included a sketch. As Erickson said to me, "I read there were two white guys there, two white kids. I saw the picture in the paper which is a sketch...and it looked like me." Erickson says that he would often do stupid things during his drug and alcohol induced blackouts and has no memory of them. When he realized he couldn't remember the night Heitholt was killed, he began to wonder aloud, in front of friends, if he, in fact, had been involved in the killing. "I was probably paranoid because of all the drugs that I was doing," he says. The tip to police soon followed.

Erickson says he hoped police would be able to put his mind at ease, by comparing his blood and DNA to the crime scene evidence, but instead, he says, they pressured him to admit to the crime and implicate the person he was with that night, Ryan Ferguson. Although he had no memory of the crime, after he heard, incorrectly as it turns out, that there was a witness who saw him near the crime scene covered in blood, he actually became convinced he had done the killing. After detectives told him that Ryan Ferguson was talking and would pin the murder entirely on him, Erickson agreed to testify against his one-time high school friend, in return for a reduced sentence.

It was Erickson's testimony at Ferguson's trial that sealed Ferguson's fate. Even though there is no physical evidence to tie Ferguson to Heitholt's murder, the fact that Erickson was willing to go to prison for the crime convinced the jurors. They convicted Ferguson of first degree murder in October of 2005. He has been in a Missouri prison ever since, serving a forty year sentence.

Now, Erickson says he lied to the police and he lied at Ferguson's trial. He still doesn't know what he did after he left the bar on Halloween, 2001, and has no memory of ever killing anyone. He regrets that he "really screwed" Ryan Ferguson in a misguided attempt to save himself.

Last April, at a hearing for Ferguson, Erickson admitted under oath that he lied. At that same hearing, the only other witness connecting Ferguson to the crime scene, a janitor also admitted he lied. The recantations mean that, today, there are no witnesses and no physical evidence that ties Ferguson to a murder yet he remains incarcerated.

Ferguson turned 28-years-old last October, insisting as he always has, that he is innocent. He filed, yet another appeal, earlier this month. It appears to be a terrible injustice that could have been avoided...if only the Columbia, Missouri police had done the right thing in 2004.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

The accuser

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50141611n

Just watched it. Nothing new in it but it'll raise more awareness.

MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am

The interview with Charles Erickson was really interesting. Just to understand his thought process through the whole thing.

I think 48 Hours did an excellent job and I like that they are so clearly on Ryan's side.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby ScifiTom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 am

To everyone

Hey everyone, I just saw this yesterday, at 48hours and it is sad that this person had been wrong convicted from murder, and he shouldn't be inside a jail cell, because he is innocent and it make no sense for this man and he should be free, and I had a strange dream, and I want a change for freedom fighter to be into a new level, of not 3 people. I think it time for a change for reason and why not start now, and talk to you soon everyone!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Blankit Injustice 5: Sarah Johnson ID, Kirstin Lobato NV, Scott Peterson CA, Michael Skakel CT and Dusty Turner VA
ScifiTom

Postby MichaelB » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 am

Sarah wrote:[highlight]The interview with Charles Erickson was really interesting[/highlight]. Just to understand his thought process through the whole thing.

I think 48 Hours did an excellent job and I like that they are so clearly on Ryan's side.

You're right, I guess so. We've never heard from his friends or family in any of the dateline and 48 hours eposides. What's up with that? You'd think he'd at least have some family or friends speaking out on his behalf?

I wonder if he's even got an attorney atm :confused:
MichaelB

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:52 am

The Ryan Ferguson Case Highlights The Difficulty Of Correcting A Wrongful Conviction

http://www.groundreport.com/Business/The-Ryan-Ferguson-Case-Highlights-The-Difficulty-O/2951584
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby geebee2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:05 am

Bruce Fischer wrote:The Ryan Ferguson Case Highlights The Difficulty Of Correcting A Wrongful Conviction

http://www.groundreport.com/Business/The-Ryan-Ferguson-Case-Highlights-The-Difficulty-O/2951584

Excellent article Bruce.

I'm interested in wrongful conviction rates, in the context of estimating the reliability of paid experts who have played a major part in a demonstrated wrongful conviction.

I made some very rough guesses, which are not too different from the ones you give in the article.
geebee2

Postby Sarah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 pm

UPDATE: Attorney General Chris Koster asks appeals court to deny Ryan Ferguson petition
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 | 1:36 p.m. CST; updated 6:11 p.m. CST, Wednesday, March 6, 2013
BY Samantha Sunne
COLUMBIA – Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster asked the Western District Court of Appeals on Tuesday to deny Ryan Ferguson’s latest habeas corpus petition.

The court will either deny the petition, grant it or ask for additional briefs, clerk of court Terence Lord said. He said he expected the judges’ order to be delivered quickly.

Koster argued that Ferguson was not entitled to a new hearing because he has not presented any new allegations or evidence since his last petition in another court.

“(Ferguson) has already been found guilty in a trial that has been found to be fair not once, not twice, but six times,” Koster wrote.

Ferguson was sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing Columbia Daily Tribune sports editor Kent Heitholt in the newspaper building's parking lot in 2001. Charles "Chuck" Erickson testified that he and Ferguson beat and strangled Heitholt, then pleaded guilty to lesser charges. He is serving 25 years in prison.

This latest petition, filed Jan. 30, is Ferguson's 14th attempt to get his conviction overturned or his case back into court. Last year, Cole County Circuit Judge Daniel Green denied Ferguson’s habeas corpus petition. So his Chicago-based attorney, Kathleen Zellner, filed a new one in a higher court.

In his 60-page response to the new petition, Koster wrote that Zellner's action was not correct under Missouri law.

“A second hearing to litigate claims that have already been proven to be untrue is unjustified and a waste of judicial resources,” Koster said.

Koster argued that much of the new evidence presented last year to Green, which included recantations by Erickson and Jerry Trump, who identified Ferguson and Erickson as the two young men he saw in the newspaper parking lot around the time of Heitholt's slaying, was not credible. Koster did not address Zellner’s claims that then-Boone County prosecutor Kevin Crane withheld evidence and manipulated witnesses.

Bill Ferguson, Ryan Ferguson’s father, said the state has been inconsistent in its responses to his son’s case and noted that there is new evidence in the case, despite the state's claims to the contrary.

“It seems like the main thing (Koster) is saying is that it’s a waste of the court’s time,” Ferguson said.

In the petition, Zellner says Ferguson received an unfair trial because of perjury, unusual jury selection and misconduct by Crane, who is now a 13th Circuit Court judge.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/159 ... -petition/
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:24 am

The guy who runs The State vs Travis Alexander facebook page might be worth getting in contact with. There's 36 000 likes on the page.

He/she is getting people to like and share Ryan's petition and facebook page.

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial shared a link.

3 hours ago.

Most of you will know the injustice done to RYAN FERGUSON. Attached is a petition to sign. Please, as much as Justice is wanted for Travis, lets lend a hand to this fine young man.

I will also post a link to the Facebook page set up for Ryan Ferguson.
MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Ryan's Facebook page has 36000 LIKES also. It is doing really well:

https://www.facebook.com/FreeRyanFerguson?fref=ts

Petition written by IA:
http://www.change.org/petitions/please-grant-ryan-ferguson-a-new-trial-or-freedom
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Ryan Ferguson Discussion

Postby Sarah » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 am

Injustice Anywhere blogtalkradio show.

Next week's show will have Ryan Ferguson's father Bill Ferguson as a guest.
Please think of questions and call in!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/injustice-anywhere/2013/08/21/the-ryan-ferguson-case-an-innocent-mans-fight-for-freedom

The Ryan Ferguson case: an innocent man's fight for freedom

Injustice Anywhere Radio Show
Tuesday at 8:00 pm CST

Call in to speak with the host (Bruce)
(347) 850-1478

~ Ryan Ferguson was wrongfully convicted in 2001 of second-degree murder of Columbia Tribune Sports Editor Kent Heitholt, and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

Ryan was convicted based solely on the testimony of two people, Chuck Erickson and Jerry Trump. Both Erickson and Trump have since testified under oath that they were lying. With both key witnesses now discredited, there is zero evidence against Ryan Ferguson. No motive, no witnesses, no physical evidence, absolutely nothing tying him to the crime. Yet Ryan remains unjustly incarcerated. There is no other case in the United States, where the only witnesses against a defendant recanted in open court at a habeas hearing, and the defendant was denied a new trial.

Ryan is currently the victim of the Missouri justice system — a system (like many others) that simply refuses to admit they made a mistake.

In this episode we will discuss the worldwide support Ryan receives with TV producer Richard Drew. Richard has worked to bring much needed awareness to Ryan's case through the use of social media.

We will then have an in-depth conversation with Ryan's father, Bill Ferguson, about his son's case. Bill will be taking phone calls from supporters in the final segment of the show. Please call in with any questions or comments you have for Bill. ~

http://www.change.org/petitions/please-grant-ryan-ferguson-a-new-trial-or-freedom
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 am

I have to confess my belief in his innocence has shifted a bit in recent weeks to having doubt. Obviously I can't or won't switch to pro guilt because there's virtually no real evidence against him let alone a smoking gun but I've been thinking a bit about Chuck Erickson.

The three things that make me think it's possible they did it are:

1) It's possible Chuck had a black out from drink and drugs that night and did start to remember he'd done something terrible. It's also possible he knew all along what he'd done and was just playing dumb with the cops. Something that suprises me is we've never heard anything from the friends he was bragging or confessing to who tipped off the cops. What exactly was he really saying to people? Was it bragging or confusion? You'd think they would have come forward but they never did as far as I know. We've never heard a recording of the tip off the cops got either afik. Chucks dream/confession isn't easy to dismiss like Amanda's (at least for me). There's more to the story than the edited clips shown on 48 hours or youtube.

2) Chuck approached Ryan at the Christmas or NYE party wanting to talk about a murder (they might have committed) and Ryan rebuffed him. That doesn't add up for me and I haven't seen enough from Ryan to explain it properly. So before there was any cops, Chuck was already trying to get Ryan to talk about that night.

3) There was two college age looking kids seen at the body. The dogs tracked them heading towards the university (?) and then lost the trail. If it wasn't Ryan & Chuck then you have a huge coincidence because Ryan & Chuck match the age description and that it was two perps not one. If they didn't do it, who were the two young guys that did?

I guess if you could gently ask his father about any of this on the radio show that would be good.

ETA: I could probably add as 4) There isn't much info afik about how much either of them hung out with each other after that night and also virtually nothing from friends and students they went to school with who knew them and what sort of people they were.
MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi all,

Please tune into the radio show tonight. I really want to see a strong show of support from the IA Forum. This is your radio show, your forum, one of your featured cases. Tune in and also call in with questions!

Interview with Bill Ferguson Tuesday Aug 20th at 8pm CST on Injustice Anywhere blogtalkradio.

(347) 850-1478 ‪

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/injustice-anywhere/2013/08/21/the-ryan-ferguson-case-an-innocent-mans-fight-for-freedom
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Sarah wrote:Hi all,

Please tune into the radio show tonight. I really want to see a strong show of support from the IA Forum. This is your radio show, your forum, one of your featured cases. Tune in and also call in with questions!

Interview with Bill Ferguson Tuesday Aug 20th at 8pm CST on Injustice Anywhere blogtalkradio.

(347) 850-1478 ‪

Great show.
MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm

It was! I'm glad you listened Michael.

Bill Ferguson was a great guest!
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm just reading the transcripts trying to find some answers.

The guys names that Chuck confessed to were Art Figueroa & Nick Giplan. Nick then told another guy who called the cops. PDF 1 page 73.
MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:48 am

Something I didn't know is at the party where Chuck confronts Ryan, that conservation is overheard and reported to the police by someone. By coincidence his car is broken into and Ryan reports the break-in and the police trick him into giving his fingerprints to compare to this case. PDF 3 Page 33 Why wasn't Chuck checked out as well at this time? Didn't they want to know who Ryan had been talking to?

So they'd already looked into Ryan along with a lot of other people before Chuck runs his mouth off months later and that's reported by the guy Nick Giplan told.

Chucks father was a lawyer then vice president for claims at an insurance company and his mother a microbiologist at a university hospital. PDF 3 Page 70.
MichaelB

Postby Bruce Fischer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:39 am

Ryan Ferguson’s Father, Bill Ferguson, Discusses Ryan’s Case With Injustice Anywhere Radio

http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/ryan-fergusons-father-bill-ferguson-discusses-ryans-case-with-injustice-anywhere-radio/
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 am

I think I'm going to leave this for now. I'm upto PDF 7 Page 135 with Ryan testifying.

My position is definately reasonable doubt but not innocent. If anyone ever wants to discuss the transcripts then I'm happy to.
MichaelB

Postby Mensa Dude » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 am

Did the police ever take a hard look at Michael Boyd?
Mensa Dude

Postby MichaelB » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 am

Mensa Dude wrote:Did the police ever take a hard look at Michael Boyd?

No

Watch on youtube.com
MichaelB

Postby ScifiTom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:20 am

Sarah wrote:Hi all,

(347) 850-1478 ‪

To Sarah

It sure was a great, show even I never got a chance to listen to the show, even I did listen to it yesterday, and it sure was a great show to enjoy and talk to you soon Sarah!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Blankit Injustice 5: Sarah Johnson ID, Kirstin Lobato NV, Scott Peterson CA, Michael Skakel CT and Dusty Turner VA
ScifiTom

Postby Mensa Dude » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:47 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Mensa Dude wrote:Did the police ever take a hard look at Michael Boyd?

No...

If I were investigating this case, I'd want to know a LOT more about Michael Boyd.
Mensa Dude

Postby Bruce Fischer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 am

MichaelB wrote:I think I'm going to leave this for now. I'm upto PDF 7 Page 135 with Ryan testifying.

My position is definately reasonable doubt but not innocent. If anyone ever wants to discuss the transcripts then I'm happy to.

What leads you to this conclusion? Please explain further why you find Chuck's conversation with Ryan to be suspicious. Ryan's a young guy at the time. An acquaintance tells him a crazy story and he blows him off. That is exactly how I would expect someone Ryan's age to respond in that situation. My response at that age would have been something lie "You're crazy dude, stop doing drugs and get some help"
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Bruce Fischer wrote:
MichaelB wrote:I think I'm going to leave this for now. I'm upto PDF 7 Page 135 with Ryan testifying.

What leads you to this conclusion? Please explain further why you find Chuck's conversation with Ryan to be suspicious. Ryan's a young guy at the time. An acquaintance tells him a crazy story and he blows him off. That is exactly how I would expect someone Ryan's age to respond in that situation. My response at that age would have been something lie "You're crazy dude, stop doing drugs and get some help"

But it's such a serious allegation to make. Wouldn't you at least be curious and contact him asking "wtf was all that about saying we killed someone"? Or, tell a friend or family member that some guy is saying really dangerous things that you're involved in a murder? It's just so out of left field to be at a party and a friend/acquaintance you've known for years comes up says the two of you murdered someone. If you were innocent, wouldn't you be worried who else he might be saying this to?

Don't get me wrong, I still think his reaction of thinking he's crazy and wanting nothing to do with him lines up with innocence as well.

The other thing is Ryan's conversation/argument with Chuck was reported to the cops but they only took an interest in Ryan....to the point of tricking him into giving his fingerprints. I wonder why they weren't interested in speaking to the guy Ryan had been speaking to? Why was only Ryan's name given? I guess the answer to those questions are in a police statement in discovery I haven't read yet.
MichaelB

Postby Sarah » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 pm

TOMORROW !!

Ryan Ferguson case back in court for latest appeal
Arguments set for Tuesday.

The latest chapter in Ryan Ferguson's yearslong appeal of his murder conviction is scheduled to open at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Missouri Court of Appeals Western District in Kansas City.

Ferguson and his attorney, Kathleen Zellner of Chicago, are appealing Cole County Circuit Judge Daniel Green's October 2012 ruling on a habeas corpus petition in which he denied a new trial for the 28-year-old Columbian.

Zellner will have 15 minutes to argue her case, after which Dave Dormire, superintendent of the Jefferson City Correctional Facility, will have equal time to respond. Zellner will then have five minutes to rebut Dormire.

Ferguson was convicted in 2005 of second-degree murder and first-degree robbery in connection with the Nov. 1, 2001, slaying of Tribune Sports Editor Kent Heitholt. His co-defendant, Charles Erickson, pleaded guilty in a plea deal and testified at his 2005 trial that the pair committed the crime together.

Heitholt, 48, was beaten with a blunt object and strangled with his belt in the Tribune's parking lot.

Ferguson's argument for a new trial rests on Erickson's recantation and subsequent claim that he was coerced by then-Boone County Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Crane to give a false confession and testimony. Erickson also claims he blacked out the night of the murder because of heavy drug and alcohol use and doesn't remember anything.

Crane, now a 13th Judicial Circuit judge, declined to comment, citing ethical standards about ongoing cases. "It's not constructive for me to engage in a public argument with the other side in that case," he said.

A spokesman for Zellner said she will not be available for comment until after the hearing.

Another witness, former janitor Jerry Trump, also recanted his testimony that he saw Ferguson at the scene.

For Bill Ferguson, Ryan's father, the case against his son has lost its credibility.

"I'm very optimistic. It would appear now that the attorney general's case is devoid of merit," he said. "I mean, there's nothing left. Initially they said there were two witnesses who looked at Ryan at the scene."

There also is no physical evidence tying Ferguson or Erickson to the crime, which combined with allegations of prosecutorial and police misconduct indicates to Bill Ferguson that both men are innocent.

Three appellate court judges will hear the arguments and are expected to take weeks or months to issue a ruling, which could result in a new trial, Ferguson's exoneration or denial of his request for a new trial.

No matter what ruling comes down, Bill Ferguson doesn't expect the case to be over at that point.

"Here's the bottom line: No matter what they decide, … the losing side will appeal to the Missouri Supreme Court," he said.

This case has garnered national attention over the years, with NBC's "Dateline" and "Today Show" and CBS' "48 Hours" all airing segments about the ongoing legal struggle.

Once the hearing is over, Bill Ferguson plans to take to the road to raise awareness of his son's case. He will travel in his 2008 Toyota Camry, which he had customized with a picture of his son and his cause emblazoned on the side. He plans to travel from Missouri to Chicago, then New York City to Washington, D.C., and across the country to Los Angeles before returning to Missouri, doing radio and television interviews along the way.

"The more people become aware of it, they see the outrageous injustice," Bill Ferguson said. "The more and more the public becomes aware and the more the justice system sees the public becomes aware, they can't sweep this under the proverbial carpet."

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/crime/ryan-ferguson-case-back-in-court-for-latest-appeal/article_5c2a854c-197c-11e3-a29d-10604b9f6eda.html
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Video: Bizarre Betrayal: Friend's False Testimony Led to Murder Conviction #RyanFerguson

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/bizarre-betrayal-friends-false-testimony-led-murder-conviction-20538749
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Campaign to free Ryan Ferguson may get reward with new trial
October 27, 2013, by Melanie Moon

3 Part interview with Melanie Moon

http://fox2now.com/2013/10/27/campaign-to-free-ryan-ferguson-may-get-reward-with-new-trial/

https://twitter.com/Moon_Melanie
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 am

Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 am

"Ferguson's request for habeas corpus relief is granted. Ferguson's convictions are vacated. Ferguson is ordered discharged from the State's custody subject to the terms and conditions set forth at the end of this Opinion"

"As a result of our grant of habeas relief, Ferguson's convictions are vacated. If the State intends to retry Ferguson, it must file a written election to that effect in the Circuit
Court of Boone County within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, in which case Ferguson shall be immediately delivered by the Missouri Department of Corrections
to the custody of the Boone County Circuit Court as a pretrial detainee, permitting the circuit court to set such conditions of bond as it deems appropriate. If the State does not
file a written election to retry Ferguson within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, then Ferguson shall be immediately and unconditionally discharged from the
State's custody."
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 am

Bruce Fischer wrote:"Ferguson's request for habeas corpus relief is granted. Ferguson's convictions are vacated. Ferguson is ordered discharged from the State's custody subject to the terms and conditions set forth at the end of this Opinion"

"As a result of our grant of habeas relief, Ferguson's convictions are vacated. If the State intends to retry Ferguson, it must file a written election to that effect in the Circuit
Court of Boone County within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, in which case Ferguson shall be immediately delivered by the Missouri Department of Corrections
to the custody of the Boone County Circuit Court as a pretrial detainee, permitting the circuit court to set such conditions of bond as it deems appropriate. If the State does not
file a written election to retry Ferguson within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, then Ferguson shall be immediately and unconditionally discharged from the
State's custody."

:clap:
MichaelB

Postby Grayhawker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 am

oh, wow .... practically speechless.
We conclude that Ferguson has established the gateway of cause and prejudice, permitting review of his procedurally defaulted claim that the State violated Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963) by withholding material, favorable evidence of an interview with Barbara Trump, the wife of Jerry Trump, one of the State's key witnesses at trial. The undisclosed evidence was favorable because it impeached Jerry Trump's explanation for his ability to identify Ferguson. The undisclosed evidence was material because of the importance of Jerry Trump's eyewitness identification to the State's ability to convict Ferguson, because the evidence would have permitted Ferguson to discover other evidence that could have impacted the admissibility or the credibility of Jerry Trump's testimony, and because of the cumulative effect of the nondisclosure when considered with other information the State did not disclose. The undisclosed evidence renders Ferguson's verdict not worthy of confidence.

Accordingly, Ferguson's request for habeas corpus relief is granted. Ferguson's convictions are vacated. Ferguson is ordered discharged from the State's custody subject to the terms and conditions set forth at the end of this Opinion.

From Conclusion: As a result of our grant of habeas relief, Ferguson's convictions are vacated. If the State intends to retry Ferguson, it must file a written election to that effect in the Circuit Court of Boone County within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, in which case Ferguson shall be immediately delivered by the Missouri Department of Corrections to the custody of the Boone County Circuit Court as a pretrial detainee, permitting the circuit court to set such conditions of bond as it deems appropriate. If the State does not file a written election to retry Ferguson within fifteen days of the issuance of our mandate, then Ferguson shall be immediately and unconditionally discharged from the State's custody.[/highlight]

November 20th will be a very important day!!! Hopefully a red-letter day for Ryan.
Paolo Micheli stated with regard to Amanda and Raffaele: "We do not need evidence, common sense and logic tell us that they dated each other to commit this crime."
Grayhawker

Postby Bruce Fischer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 am

Ferguson conviction overturned by Court of Appeals

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=967462#.UnkEq_k_uPu
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Clive Wismayer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am

Good job! and congratulations to all those who supported this case.
Sample 36B: not blood, not human and not a sample (no cytology!!). Sample 36I: Amanda's LCN profile, ergo the knife is the murder weapon. :boggled:
When do we get the fibre analysis results?
Clive Wismayer

Postby Grayhawker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 am

As a Brady violation, does that open the state up to liability suits?

If it stands as a violation of his rights, how can the state successfully argue in court that they didn't willfully do harm to him?

It has to be that the state is exposed to damages, doesn't it?
Grayhawker

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:28 am

Erin F Moriarty ‏@EFMoriarty 2m
#48hours talking to Ryan Ferguson's father about the next steps since Ryan's conviction has been vacated,

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 am

Erin F Moriarty ‏@EFMoriarty 1h
#48hpurs CBS affiliate KRCG interviewing Ryan Ferguson's parents

MichaelB

Postby DaveET » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Stunningly good news! One more for the good guys. Huge well done to Ryan's family and legal team!
"In God We Trust. All Others Show Data"
Andrew von Eschenbach. Former chief of FDA
DaveET

Postby ljrobins » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:08 pm

I just saw this on Facebook. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
"I am not the only one. There are many other wrongfully convicted people and they need your support. They need a voice." - Ryan Ferguson
ljrobins

Postby Sarah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Ryan Ferguson's conviction overturned
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/167634/ryan-fergusons-conviction-overturned/

I'm absolutely thrilled! So happy Ryan is finally free.

:yay:

Graeme, I hope you've heard the news!
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Sarah
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 pm

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

http://www.columbiatribune.com/webapp/? ... f6878.html

Appeals court sides with Ryan Ferguson

By Alan Burdziak

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Ryan Ferguson, convicted of second-degree murder and first-degree robbery in the 2001 death of Tribune Sports Editor Kent Heitholt, must be released from prison because the state violated federal law by withholding material evidence during his trial, the Western District Missouri Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday.

Attorneys for the state have 15 days during which they can either appeal today's ruling or ask the Missouri Supreme Court to consider the case. If the state declines either option, Ferguson would be freed Nov. 20.

After hearing arguments in September, three judges from the Western District Missouri Court of Appeals decided Ferguson's convictions are to be vacated and he is to be released from the Jefferson City Correctional Center unless the state decides to appeal the opinion or subsequently retry him. Convicted in 2005, Ferguson is serving a 40-year sentence.

Heitholt was bludgeoned and strangled to death in the newspaper's parking lot in the early-morning hours of Nov. 1, 2001. Two years later, Charles Erickson came forward saying he was involved in Heitholt's death and implicated Ferguson. Erickson later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, armed criminal action and first-degree robbery. He is serving a 25-year sentence.

Ferguson and his family have maintained his innocence, and his supporters and expert witnesses have claimed Erickson was duped by police into a false confession and that he lied under oath when he implicated Ferguson. Then-Boone County prosecutor Kevin Crane, now a county circuit judge, has been accused of coercing witnesses.

Neither Bill Ferguson, Ryan Ferguson's father, nor a representative from Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster's office immediately responded to calls seeking comment. A news conference with Bill Ferguson and Kathleen Zellner, his son's attorney, was scheduled for 4:15 p.m. today.

Ferguson's convictions cannot officially be reversed until the court issues a mandate after accepting and ruling on any post-opinion filings. Meanwhile, the state has 15 days to ask the appeals court for another
MichaelB

Outstanding

Postby lane99 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Sarah wrote:Ryan Ferguson's conviction overturned
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/167634/ryan-fergusons-conviction-overturned/

Obviously fantastic news. But,as you know, he's not actually free, just yet. His conviction has been tossed, but it possible he could face another trial. Hopefully the state will do the right thing, though, and put an end to this now.

Meanwhile, do I understand correctly that Sarah (and maybe some others here) are the authors of the CHANGE.ORG petition? The one with more than 250,000 signatures! If so, that is absolutely outstanding and congratulations. Can't imagine that hasn't resulted in the attorney general getting a much better understanding on what an injustice this case has been.
lane99

Postby MichaelB » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am

Watch on youtube.com
MichaelB

Re: Outstanding

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 am

lane99 wrote:

Obviously fantastic news. But,as you know, he's not actually free, just yet. His conviction has been tossed, but it possible he could face another trial. Hopefully the state will do the right thing, though, and put an end to this now.

Meanwhile, do I understand correctly that Sarah (and maybe some others here) are the authors of the CHANGE.ORG petition? The one with more than 250,000 signatures! If so, that is absolutely outstanding and congratulations. Can't imagine that hasn't resulted in the attorney general getting a much better understanding on what an injustice this case has been.

Thank you lane99. Sarah and I created the petition for Ryan. We wrote it and later updated it for Bill Ferguson. The petition is in the top 25 petitions in all categories on change.org.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Re: Outstanding

Postby ljrobins » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Bruce Fischer wrote:
lane99 wrote:

Thank you lane99. Sarah and I created the petition for Ryan. We wrote it and later updated it for Bill Ferguson. The petition is in the top 25 petitions in all categories on change.org.

Outstanding work. <Cheers> :heart:
"I am not the only one. There are many other wrongfully convicted people and they need your support. They need a voice." - Ryan Ferguson
ljrobins

Postby geebee2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Charges dropped!
geebee2

Postby DaveET » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Just seen it on Facebook, he's out already. Wonderfull news!
"In God We Trust. All Others Show Data"
Andrew von Eschenbach. Former chief of FDA
DaveET

Postby Dougm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Congratulations Ryan, his family, and Injustice Anywhere!!

Whoo hoo!!
When you berate someone and push them and confuse them and lie to them and convince them that they're wrong you're not finding the truth.

Amanda Knox
Dougm

Postby acbytesla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Missouri Attorney General: We Won't Re-Try Ryan Ferguson
http://www.wibw.com/home/nationalnews/h ... 41241.html

Congrats to Ryan and his family. Good for them.
acbytesla

Postby Sarah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Annella » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Just watched the live press conference. An amazing young man who fronted the Press very easily and spoke so well after 10 years in prison. Astounding! And now he is off for some Dairy Queen. Good for him, hope he can swim in it if he wishes!
'The Italian concept of judicial truth does not trouble itself with reality; it controls the narrative by controlling the past"
Annella

Postby acbytesla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 pm

RELEASED TODAY AT 6:00 PM !!!
acbytesla

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 pm

MichaelB

Postby acbytesla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 pm

I bet he's thrilled to wearing clothes that aren't colored ORANGE!!! And I bet the food and the beer is better!!!!
acbytesla

Postby Sarah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm

acbytesla wrote:
I bet he's thrilled to wearing clothes that aren't colored ORANGE!!! And I bet the food and the beer is better!!!!

I'll have to have a beer and steak this weekend in honor or Ryan! So great he is finally free.

The American appeals system needs to be improved so it doesn't take so long to correct miscarriages of justice.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Clive Wismayer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:48 am

Only a few more featured cases to knock off and we can all go home! :)
Sample 36B: not blood, not human and not a sample (no cytology!!). Sample 36I: Amanda's LCN profile, ergo the knife is the murder weapon. :boggled:
When do we get the fibre analysis results?
Clive Wismayer

Postby roteoctober » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:57 am

If just all days were like this one! ;-)
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby acbytesla » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:07 am

Clive Wismayer wrote:Only a few more featured cases to knock off and we can all go home! :)

aaaaahhhhh if that were only true. There will always be cases.
acbytesla

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 am

Ferguson Conference

Watch on youtube.com
MichaelB

Postby i-m-concerned » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 am

Best Wishes to Ryan Ferguson! You deserve a long and happy life ahead! <Cheers> :clap:
i-m-concerned

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 am

Bill Ferguson Change.org letter:

Ten years is a long time to lose your son. But I never gave up hope. And now my boy is finally home.

My son Ryan was convicted in 2005 of a murder he never committed and had nothing to do with. He was convicted solely based on the testimony of two “witnesses” who later wrote affidavits that they lied at trial. There was absolutely no evidence tying my son to the crime, and yet he was in prison for almost ten years.

But after more than 266,000 people -- including you -- signed a petition I started on Change.org, the Western District Court of Appeals voted unanimously to vacate Ryan's conviction. Even better, Missouri's attorney general has freed Ryan and guaranteed that he will not be retried.

There are too many innocent people trapped in American prisons. By signing my petition, you shined a light on Ryan's story. You told the powers that be that you wouldn't stand for this travesty. And now my son is home.

Ryan asked me to share this message with you:

"There are few words to describe how I'm feeling at the moment - but let me start with thank you. I am so exceedingly grateful for all that each of you has done to step up, speak out, and lend a helping hand. I would not be here today without all of your support. I am so excited for what the future holds - thank you! Love Ryan."

I can't express how good it feels to have a steak and a beer with my son. It's such a small thing, but I am so grateful. Thank you for making it possible.

Bill Ferguson
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Fischer » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Sarah wrote:Bill Ferguson Change.org letter:

Ten years is a long time to lose your son. But I never gave up hope. And now my boy is finally home.

My son Ryan was convicted in 2005 of a murder he never committed and had nothing to do with. He was convicted solely based on the testimony of two “witnesses” who later wrote affidavits that they lied at trial. There was absolutely no evidence tying my son to the crime, and yet he was in prison for almost ten years.

But after more than 266,000 people -- including you -- signed a petition I started on Change.org, the Western District Court of Appeals voted unanimously to vacate Ryan's conviction. Even better, Missouri's attorney general has freed Ryan and guaranteed that he will not be retried.

There are too many innocent people trapped in American prisons. By signing my petition, you shined a light on Ryan's story. You told the powers that be that you wouldn't stand for this travesty. And now my son is home.

Ryan asked me to share this message with you:

"There are few words to describe how I'm feeling at the moment - but let me start with thank you. I am so exceedingly grateful for all that each of you has done to step up, speak out, and lend a helping hand. I would not be here today without all of your support. I am so excited for what the future holds - thank you! Love Ryan."

I can't express how good it feels to have a steak and a beer with my son. It's such a small thing, but I am so grateful. Thank you for making it possible.

Bill Ferguson

Bill is a great guy.
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby erasmus44 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Clive Wismayer wrote:Only a few more featured cases to knock off and we can all go home! :)

Whenever one door closes, one more opens.
erasmus44

Postby MichaelB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:57 am

Sounds like he thinks Michael Boyd did it.

Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 2h
If the Columbia police are serious about re-investigating the Heitholt murder, take the fingerprints of the last known person with him.

Watch on youtube.com
MichaelB

Postby Sinsaint » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Stupid question... If Ryan didn't do it and he was with his friend the whole night and then dropped the guy off at his house after they left the bar shouldn't someone be fighting to get him out as well? I've watched the 48 hours interview. Ryan's friend is just as innocent as he is.
Sinsaint

Postby Grayhawker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Sinsaint wrote:Stupid question... If Ryan didn't do it and he was with his friend the whole night and then dropped the guy off at his house after they left the bar shouldn't someone be fighting to get him out as well? I've watched the 48 hours interview. Ryan's friend is just as innocent as he is.

Ryan's family has said they would pursue Erickson's innocence. One problem, Erickson is convinced that he DID kill him.
Grayhawker

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 pm

MichaelB wrote:Sounds like he thinks Michael Boyd did it.

Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 2h
If the Columbia police are serious about re-investigating the Heitholt murder, take the fingerprints of the last known person with him.

RADIO: #RyanFerguson 's Father Discusses Future Plans http://theeagle939.com/ryan-fergusons-father-discusses-future-plans/

I agree, in this radio show Bill Ferguson even advises police what area to read to find the real killer.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Grayhawker wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:Stupid question... If Ryan didn't do it and he was with his friend the whole night and then dropped the guy off at his house after they left the bar shouldn't someone be fighting to get him out as well? I've watched the 48 hours interview. Ryan's friend is just as innocent as he is.

Ryan's family has said they would pursue Erickson's innocence. One problem, Erickson is convinced that he DID kill him.

Some of Ryan Ferguson's supporters have already started this campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Charles-Erickson/443655105738671
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sinsaint » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Grayhawker wrote:

After watching the 48 hours episode I thought Erickson was only certain that he lied about Ryan killing the guy. I got the impression Erickson has no clue what happened that night, aside from what he read in the papers and what cops told him.
Sinsaint

Postby Grayhawker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Sinsaint wrote:
Grayhawker wrote:

After watching the 48 hours episode I thought Erickson was only certain that he lied about Ryan killing the guy. I got the impression Erickson has no clue what happened that night, aside from what he read in the papers and what cops told him.

It was in one of the recent video news pieces. I think the one that tracked the evolution of Erickson's recanting testimony.
Grayhawker

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm

What Ryan Ferguson Has Been Up to Post-Prison

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2013/11/what-ryan-ferguson-has-been-up-to-post-prison/

(NEW YORK) -- What does a person do when freed after being wrongly imprisoned for almost a decade? For Ryan Ferguson, the answer has included getting an iPhone, a driver’s license and relaxing in Florida with his girlfriend.

Ferguson, 29, of Columbia, Mo., maintained his innocence while serving a 40-year sentence for the 2001 slaying of a newspaper editor. He was released from prison on Nov. 12 after his 2004 murder conviction was overturned.

Since then, with the help of some friends, he has been documenting his first few weeks of freedom on the Facebook page “Freed Ryan Ferguson.”

Hours after his release, he posed for a photo, smiling with a beer and a steak.

A few days later, a photo was posted of him with his first iPhone and the caption, “How do I flip this phone closed?!” Neither the iPhone nor Facebook were around when Ferguson was put in prison.

On Nov. 19, a photo was posted of Ferguson having drinks with a woman and the caption, “Freedom in Florida with my girl.”

He recently checked off another missed milestone from the list: “Look who got their Driver’s License today!”

A few days later, he was “back in court,” but not a legal court -- this time, he was on a basketball court.

On Nov. 21, he posted a message of “profound thanks” to his supporters all over the world. He wrote that he had been spending time with his family and supporters and had not yet learned the world of Facebook.

“I hope the pictures I have been posting of the behind-the-scenes moments of my life have been unique and exciting,” Ferguson wrote. “They are there for you to see how much you’ve helped accomplish.”

“I am so thankful for all of the supporters, mass media, and everyone on social networks that have helped make this dream come true,” he wrote. “I will continue to thank you with every opportunity I get, in every forum possible. Thanks so much for all of your support, kind words, thoughts, and generous donations.”

“As for now, I’m hitting the road with my dad,” he ended the note, with a photo of himself and his father in a car.
MichaelB

Postby Bruce Fischer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:40 am

There is a new thread discussing the current case against Charles Erickson: http://www.injusticeanywhereforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=2876&p=125662#p125662
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby Grayhawker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Ferguson's lawyer building a strong case that William Boyd should be more than a person of interest in the case.

Like Guede, he admittedly puts himself on the scene during the timeline of the murder.

Witnesses describe an adversarial relationship between him and the victim.

He talks about seeing the victim laying face down which was impossible unless he was there before the other employees arrived immediately after the crime.

He gave five different versions of where and what he was doing that night.

Yet, the police never took DNA samples to compare with forensic evidence and never pursued him as a potential suspect, such as looking for his car that should have had blood stains in it if he was the attacker.

Once again, an wrongfully convicted person doing the work the police should have been doing.
Grayhawker

Re: Ryan Ferguson Case Discussion

Postby Numbers » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:30 am

Expert witness testimony must be the product of reliable principles and methods. {Paraphrase of Fed. Rules of Evidence 702c}
Numbers

Re: Ryan Ferguson Case Discussion

Postby Bruce Fischer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ryan Ferguson Case