What We Can Learn From The Lobato Case

What We Can Learn From The Lobato Case

Postby erasmus44 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am

Kirstin Lobato has now been exonerated and walks free.
There are several big lessons here.
1. Even in the absence of mainstream media coverage (I tried several times to get the networks interested to no avail), a determined and dedicated local group of volunteers can work wonders. Michelle Ravell has earned a special place in Heaven for her tireless work on this case. It is a long hard battle but a determined effort can prevail.
2. You really need to get top notch lawyers in the picture. It is a hard thing to do but Michelle was able to get solid lawyers to do the appeal and ultimately to get the Innocence Project to get involved in the remand.
3. You also need credible experts. In this case, the key factor was highly credible experts on the time of death issue. They made it clear that Kirstin had an iron clad alibi and turned the case completely around.
4. That time of death issue seems to recur again and again. A big issue in the Knox case and a huge issue in the Lobato case. Corrupt prosecutors try to manipulate the TOD issue to their own advantage. In the Knox case, they went so far as to avoid taking the body's temperature for 11 hours after discovery to provide themselves with more "flexibility" on the nettlesome TOD issue.
5. Local media can help. Try to enlist the local media. Often local TV news is desperate for material and working with them can pay off.
6. Our criminal justice system is not hopeless. There are some people who just want to do the right thing - not enough of them but they are there.
erasmus44

Re: What We Can Learn From The Lobato Case

Postby ScifiTom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am

erasmus44 wrote:Kirstin Lobato has now been exonerated and walks free.
There are several big lessons here.
1. Even in the absence of mainstream media coverage (I tried several times to get the networks interested to no avail), a determined and dedicated local group of volunteers can work wonders. Michelle Ravell has earned a special place in Heaven for her tireless work on this case. It is a long hard battle but a determined effort can prevail.
2. You really need to get top notch lawyers in the picture. It is a hard thing to do but Michelle was able to get solid lawyers to do the appeal and ultimately to get the Innocence Project to get involved in the remand.
3. You also need credible experts. In this case, the key factor was highly credible experts on the time of death issue. They made it clear that Kirstin had an iron clad alibi and turned the case completely around.
4. That time of death issue seems to recur again and again. A big issue in the Knox case and a huge issue in the Lobato case. Corrupt prosecutors try to manipulate the TOD issue to their own advantage. In the Knox case, they went so far as to avoid taking the body's temperature for 11 hours after discovery to provide themselves with more "flexibility" on the nettlesome TOD issue.
5. Local media can help. Try to enlist the local media. Often local TV news is desperate for material and working with them can pay off.
6. Our criminal justice system is not hopeless. There are some people who just want to do the right thing - not enough of them but they are there.

To erasmus

Hey Erasmus, even there a lot to learn and what we learn through Kirstin Lobato case even I do believe criminal justice system is broken even it a huge mess. I know that sometimes I said: Let boycott the FBI. I know people aren't going to like me? Why? Because I go that even everything is now being a mess through the criminal justice system. Since in the past I use to love watch AMW of America Most Wanted and I watch it since 1985-2005 and after 2005 it got worst of John Walsh being like more stupid of crimes into sex crimes and I don't get it, even it was totally out of hand even the guy was being nuts of sex crime even why do we need to bring that in even I was done watching it. I didn't wanted that no more, even I really think it was a mess!!!

Back about FBI, and why? Because the police or squad never done there job, did you know that it took them 11yrs to catch: Usama Bin Laden even that was a shocker even how about most of the top 10 wanted men had never been capture since 10-15yrs and why that? Because it was that they cross the border and the USA of FBI need to take action to go cross the boarder and then did that, even it was a joke into it!!!

Are we really bring back the old western days. Did you know that the old western days was the famous of all even so famous that they never got caught even I was thrill that James Comey was fired even I really think that they need a change into the criminal justice system with the FBI. I want a change of laws in 2018 or 2019 even I am sick and tired of these cops or police hiding evidence of playing games with detectives and it a joke. But I wish we had another fugitive just like Doctor Richard Kimble or Edward Snowden even they were the famous of famous even I just want a change into the law of a new law book. So that the change can get better, even that just my opinion of what I think right now!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free the Innocence 2

Free: Katie Garding Missoula MT & Dusty Turner Norfolk VA
ScifiTom

Postby Bruce Fischer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

It is unfortunate, but the truth is that Kirstin's case wasn't resolved until the Innocence Project got involved. It should not have to be that way. The truth should matter to the courts regardless of who the messenger is.
"This could happen to any one of you. If you don't believe it could happen, you are either misinformed or in a state of deep denial" -- Debra Milke
Bruce Fischer
Site Admin

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 pm

I agree. On the other hand, the victory before the Nevada Supreme Court antedated the Innocence Project's involvement. It was a long hard slog but it set the stage for what happened in Las Vegas in the past few months.
erasmus44

Return to Injustice Anywhere Forum