Members - Which Featured Case is yours?

Members - Which Featured Case is yours?

Postby Sarah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:18 pm

"Luca
In the aftermath of Knox and Sollecito's definitive acquittal and of Debra Milke's exhoneration, I had to choose a featured case to deal with in depth. I chose Nyki's case because it presents rulings with a motivation report of sorts and that's the type of trials I'm most accustomed to."

Thinking about this post on the forum by Luca, I think it would be great if everyone here chose 1 featured case to concentrate the most on. Not all on the same case though! It should be chosen by natural interest if possible. In some of the cases it is already clear who is involved. So, if anyone is not familiar with all the cases, read up and choose one to concentrate on based on interest and need.

One thing I've learned is the power of a few dedicated supporters. A few people dedicated to really effect change is a powerful force.

http://injustice-anywhere.org/category/featured-cases/

Here are what I know some have chosen already:

Brian - Sarah, Jen, Teddy
Russ - MichaelB, Bruce, lonepinealex, Jazz
Charles - Bruce
Jeff - Bruce, Jen, Sarah, Niteangel
Nyki - Clive, Bill, Roteoctober, Jazz, RoseMontague, RandyN, Pmop, Wald1900, LarryK
Darlie - Sinsaint, LarryK
Kirstin Blaise - Joe Bishop, Steve Moore, erasmus44, SciFi Tom, Pmop, RoseMontague
Jamie - Tam
Sabrina Misseri - Roteoctober, Teddy, RoseMontague, Flipp, European Neighbour

Rodney Lincoln
David Thorne
Barry Beach - Sarah

Please post which case or cases you want to delve into.
Or is it another case not listed?
Or if you rather concentrate on a system issue, which one?

If you choose a case or system issue to advocate for post here and I'll add your name to that grouping of supporters. :magic:

Not sure? That's okay. General support of IA's work against Wrongful Convictions is appreciated.
Sarah
Site Admin

Re: Members - Which Featured Case is yours?

Postby Sarah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Another idea that would be appreciated is, if someone has the talent, to help others create videos, E-postcards, banners, etc. to help support their cases or system issues.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby pmop57 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 am

Sarah,
I had 5 cases on my list
Amanda and Raffaele, now acquitted (will closely follow the ECHR decisions)
Debra Milks, now acquitted
I will continue to focus on the remaining three of my actual list
Nyki Kish, for me a case of Police misconduct, of political interferencies ending in a 'political' ruling
Hannah Overton, attending the Appeal, for me clearly a case of rush to judgement, medical misinterpretation and persecutional misconduct
Kirstin Blaise Lobato, a case I never will understand, why and how it could become a case for any reasonable person, total obvious perversion of justice
pmop57

Postby LarryK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:30 am

I will continue to follow Amanda through the ECHR, and her and Raffaele to see if there are lawsuits for wrongful imprisonment.
I will follow Hannah Overton through her new trial or until her case is dismissed.
The currently unresolved featured case I am most interested in is Darlie. This does not mean I can do much work. Also not 100% sure of innocence, but plenty of doubt exists and she shouldn't have been convicted.
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Jewel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:46 am

Nyki Kish, Canada's scapegoat
Sabrina Misseri, another Italian injustice with zero evidence of guilt
Kristin Blaise Loabat, WTF? Can somebody explain how in the world she is guilty?
Jewel

Postby Kohntarkosz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:03 am

I will of course keep an eye on Amanda and Raffaele's case (of course I will expect the publishing and translation of the final SC report and will follow the possible evolutions of the murder case itself).

Now I started to read about Nyki's situation though I did not find anything in french (well... After all it was almost the same problem with A & R). I think I simply had to start somewhere and it took me a little time to build my own analysis in the much more famous perugian case. We are not aware of all those other stories here. The press just does not mention these cases and I did not have any knowledge of them. At least I will not have to argue with "local guilters".
”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”
Kohntarkosz

Postby Teddy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm interested in the Sarah Scazzi case (the Misseri ladies) and Brian Peixoto. I will be working on the translation of the motivations when they come out, so I'm not sure right now how much time I can dedicate to these cases. I'm going to think about whether setting up a wiki for the Scazzi case will be of use, in Italian, as I don't think there is such a website at present. There are quite a few people on facebook who could contribute, but to date, they don't seem to be organized.
Amanda Knox: "According to Mignini, we found Meredith at the villa and said, Hey, that stupid bitch. Let’s show Meredith. Let’s get her to play a sex game. I was horrified. Who thinks like that?".... indeed, who thinks like that?
Teddy

Postby Sarah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Okay, great. I updated the groupings above.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby ScifiTom » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:30 pm

To Sarah

Hey Sarah the only case I want to work on is Kirsten B. Lobato even it the only case even I still believe different then anyone else, even I believe that someone else did the crime and it has something to do with illegal immigrant of crossing the border through New Mexico and I am going this way, of that I am going to make a new post in the KBL forum and I will explain some detail on that part, even that is the only case, even I might also work on Kimberly Long case as well, even it depends and I do want to look through more of that part, too. So I got 2 cases

Case One: Kirsten B. Lobato
Case Two: Kimberly Long, in the future and maybe someone can help me out on it with me, of unknown as well!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free, The innocent 4
Sarah M. Johnson
Kirstin B. Lobato
Michael K. Skakel
Dusty A. Turner
ScifiTom

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:32 pm

ScifiTom wrote:To Sarah

Hey Sarah the only case I want to work on is Kirsten B. Lobato even it the only case even I still believe different then anyone else, even I believe that someone else did the crime and it has something to do with illegal immigrant of crossing the border through New Mexico and I am going this way, of that I am going to make a new post in the KBL forum and I will explain some detail on that part, even that is the only case, even I might also work on Kimberly Long case as well, even it depends and I do want to look through more of that part, too. So I got 2 cases

Case One: Kirsten B. Lobato
Case Two: Kimberly Long, in the future and maybe someone can help me out on it with me, of unknown as well!!!

Thanks Tom!

I knew you were working on that case and I already added your name to that group. :)

Sarah
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Niteangel » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Myself I started looking at the Jeff Havard case. Most people get very emotional when children are involved and I think that simply because of this some might jump to conclusions too quickly. I haven't read the official documents yet, only reading the comments for the moment, but for the time being I tend to believe that he is completely innocent, not only of the sexual assault, but of any intention of hurting the child as well.
'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.' Sherlock Holmes
Niteangel

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Niteangel wrote:Myself I started looking at the Jeff Havard case. Most people get very emotional when children are involved and I think that simply because of this some might jump to conclusions too quickly. I haven't read the official documents yet, only reading the comments for the moment, but for the time being I tend to believe that he is completely innocent, not only of the sexual assault, but of any intention of hurting the child as well.

It would be great to have you dedicate time to Jeff's case. :)
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Niteangel » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Sarah wrote:
Niteangel wrote:Myself I started looking at the Jeff Havard case. Most people get very emotional when children are involved and I think that simply because of this some might jump to conclusions too quickly. I haven't read the official documents yet, only reading the comments for the moment, but for the time being I tend to believe that he is completely innocent, not only of the sexual assault, but of any intention of hurting the child as well.

It would be great to have you dedicate time to Jeff's case. :)

I will definitely take a look at all the documents :)
'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.' Sherlock Holmes
Niteangel

Postby LarryK » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:30 am

Since Hannah Overton's case was just dismissed, I will sign on with Nyki's, which has the strongest draw on me of those I hadn't already taken. Just don't expect a lot of outside work though.
I'd say I was attracted to Darlie's case because she could be the first person I know of to be executed for being a crime victim. While Nyki's case is poignant because her spirit seems kindred to Amanda's, and it rings true to me that she was only trying to separate people from their attackers while never being in contact with a knife except to be stabbed by one.
The brain is not configured in a way that makes obedience through logical, language-based propositions possible during distress and suffering. -- James Wilder, "Neurotheology and the Life Model"
LarryK

Postby Sarah » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:23 am

LarryK wrote:Since Hannah Overton's case was just dismissed, I will sign on with Nyki's, which has the strongest draw on me of those I hadn't already taken. Just don't expect a lot of outside work though.
I'd say I was attracted to Darlie's case because she could be the first person I know of to be executed for being a crime victim. While Nyki's case is poignant because her spirit seems kindred to Amanda's, and it rings true to me that she was only trying to separate people from their attackers while never being in contact with a knife except to be stabbed by one.

Congratulations on the Hannah Overton case LarryK! Well done.

I've moved your name into Nyki's grouping.
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby lonepinealex » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:24 am

I'd like to help out with Russ Faria's case if I can. I'm over here in the UK so I don't know how much use I can be, but I can cobble together images and such in photoshop and muck in wherever's needed.
lonepinealex

Postby Sarah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:50 pm

lonepinealex wrote:I'd like to help out with Russ Faria's case if I can. I'm over here in the UK so I don't know how much use I can be, but I can cobble together images and such in photoshop and muck in wherever's needed.

Excited to see this! I'll add your name. :::thumbs up:::
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby european neighbour » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 am

I will try to persevere with the Sarah Scazzi case and the Loris (Veronica Panarello) case and I will follow further efforts of the Nyki Kish case.

Although I don't know the details of the Chico Forti case I recommend some dedication to his life sentence also for "political" reasons. His case is an endorsed one on Amanda's own page and he is deemed by many Italians as their "innocent abroad", very often mentioned by Italians when it has been about accusing the unfair Italian system by Americans in comparison to Amanda's fate.
european neighbour

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 pm

european neighbour wrote:I will try to persevere with the Sarah Scazzi case and the Loris (Veronica Panarello) case and I will follow further efforts of the Nyki Kish case.

Although I don't know the details of the Chico Forti case I recommend some dedication to his life sentence also for "political" reasons. His case is an endorsed one on Amanda's own page and he is deemed by many Italians as their "innocent abroad", very often mentioned by Italians when it has been about accusing the unfair Italian system by Americans in comparison to Amanda's fate.

Thanks E.N.

I would love for you and others to look at the Chico Forti case. It is a case I've never been able to fully understand. Maybe you can explain it to me. :)

Chico Forti
http://www.injusticeanywhereforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=1667
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby erasmus44 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Sarah wrote:
european neighbour wrote:I will try to persevere with the Sarah Scazzi case and the Loris (Veronica Panarello) case and I will follow further efforts of the Nyki Kish case.

Thanks E.N.

I would love for you and others to look at the Chico Forti case. It is a case I've never been able to fully understand. Maybe you can explain it to me. :)

Chico Forti
http://www.injusticeanywhereforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=1667

I looked at it in as much detail as available materials permit a while ago and wrote up my conclusions on the thread devoted to the case. It is a very sketchy case in which the authorities never really determined who pulled the trigger but argued that Forti was somehow "behind it" - a little bit like the Michael Goodwin case in LA. I think I found the name of Forti's lawyer when I was looking at it and I can probably pull it up, call him, and get more information. I think it is a definite possibility.
erasmus44

Postby Sarah » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:00 pm

It's really exciting to see all the activity on our cases going on.

One thing I think is really special about IA is that it truly a grassroots effort. It is something that anyone who desires can really contribute in a major ways. Another thing is that the forum is not geared just toward case discussion but taking positive actions to help.

So question? In your support 'team' for the featured cases. What is your team's upcoming action or initiative?

For example, in the Nyki Kish case one current action is to get 'The Fifth Estate' show in Canada to do an episode on her case. There is a petition and many people are tweeting and emailing the producers.

If there isn't a plan currently on you case Team, let's see what we can come up with. Gather your teams together and come up with a plan of action. :)
Sarah
Site Admin

Postby Sinsaint » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

Darlie Routier. A crime victim shouldn't be executed because a crime scene investigator decided twenty minutes after showing up at the scene that "there was no intruder here so one of our victims must have been the perpetrator." Dumb logic. The rest of the investigation is classic confirmation bias.
Sinsaint

Postby LarryK » Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

I am winding down my involvements here due to going on to other things in my life, so I won't be taking on any more cases. I'll continue to follow Amanda through the final motivation report and all activity with the ECHR, including on this forum. I'll loosely follow the other cases I've been on here until then. But I can't see the wrongful convicted becoming a lifetime avocation, my callings lie elsewhere. Of course I give my full blessings to those who are called this way.
LarryK

Postby roteoctober » Sun May 31, 2015 2:36 pm

LarryK it has been a pleasure to have you with us in the battle for Knox and Sollecito's innocence.
Each one of us has his or her own interests and motives in life and must follow them, so if you do not feel the desire to be an advocate for the wrongfully convicted, I hope you may be successful and satisfied with your interests of choice, whatever they may be.

We will be always here should you change your mind. :)
roteoctober
Tech Director

Postby ScifiTom » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm

To everyone

Hey everyone, as knowing I went out of my way to help out Kimberly Long case and as knowing last October 2016 Kimberly Long win her freedom and she was set free, so there for in March of 2017 I am going to work on 2 cases even yes I still am working with Kirstin Lobato case. I am going to work on a new case with it and it is called: Dustin A. Turner.

Dustin A. Turner is a case of an innocent man who had been wrongful convicted of murder, even he was charge of murdering this woman name Jennifer Evans, who he met at a bar and they had a wonderful time even yes 2 witness didn't like Dustin and blame him guilty. But what they don't have proof of his innocent and that is what I am going to show, into a court of file. But a prime suspect name Billy Brown who was a true drunk man and sicken man who was connect to this crime and I will prove you that of how it was done!!!

Kirstin B. Lobato is my 2nd case and I am going to work with it. Kirstin B. Lobato is a case of an innocent woman of being a runner of being attack and there is zero evidence on her and the whole case is that she was 170 miles away from the crime scene and yes Duran Bailey was a rapist aka sex offender even 2 legal immigrants killed Duran Bailey. I can prove that too!!!

I am reading Robert F. Kennedy novel called: Frame and I make a promise to write a novel from Virginia Beach to Las Vegas Nevada: To walk a mile!

So thank you all and now I need a file folder of 2 cases to work on and that all I have to say and talk to you soon everyone!!!
TMJ

Anne Hathaway number 1 fan

Free, The innocent 4
Sarah M. Johnson
Kirstin B. Lobato
Michael K. Skakel
Dusty A. Turner
ScifiTom

Return to Injustice Anywhere Forum